Ratings: Revolution and Back in the Game Hold Steady Vs. World Series, Arrow/CSI Drop Most

Get More: News, Ratings, Sports

Revolution - Season 2With the deciding game of the World Series drawing 18 million viewers and a 5.4 rating for Fox (per prelim numbers), all of Wednesday’s other comers at best held steady, but most dropped.

On CBS, Survivor did 9 mil and a 2.3, dipping a tenth, while Criminal Minds (10.6/2.4) fell 11 percent. CSI (9.6 mil/1.8) then suffered one of Wednesday’s steepest drops, down 14 percent in the demo versus the World Series’ late innings.

ABC‘s The Middle scared up 8 mil and a 2.1, ticking down a tenth, while bubble comedy Back in the Game held steady at 6.2 mil/1.7. Leading out of a Modern Family repeat, Super Fun Night (5.4 mil/1.8) dropped 14 percent to a series low. Nashville (5.2 mil/1.4) in turn slipped two tenths to its own all-time low.

RELATED | Kim Roots’ Nashville Recap: Just Horsin’ Around

Over on NBC, Revolution was rock steady with 4.9 mil and a 1.4. The second of two SVU reruns, with 4.6 mil/1.2, improved in Ironside‘s final tallies (3.9 mil/0.8).

RELATED | Arrow Recaplet: Black Canary Is Unmasked

The CW‘s Arrow (2.3 mil/0.7) took the night’s biggest percentage dip, down 22 percent in the demo, while The Tomorrow People (1.7 mil/0.6) fell 14 percent.

Tags: ,

Comments (30)

• Here is hoping Arrow and TTP adjust up and that the reason for the drop was World Series.

Comment by JJM – October 31, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s a shame that one of the best episodes of “Arrow” yet took such a big drop. Hopefully they tune back in next week (or the DVR numbers vastly improve).

Comment by Rebecca Parker – October 31, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SFN keeps dropping, come on ABC cancel it or switch it with Trophy Wife. BITG held steady but not good enough for wed. Move it to Fridays and put Goldbergs in that slot. I have a feeling ABC will end up just putting Goldbergs after MF and just let Trophy Wife die which sucks because I think it’s the best comedy this season.

Comment by Fernando – October 31, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Goldbergs should air between The MIddle and Modern Family – They are all family comedies that flow well. Trophy Wife is awful. SFN not much better but doesnt fit into the family comedies. The Middle doesnt get enough credit but glad ABC has stuck with it. ABC could come up with the Must See Comedy block that existed back in the day

Comment by David – October 31, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I can’t take anything you say about tastes seriously if you are not a fan of Trophy Wife, but enjoy The Middle and Goldbergs…

Trophy Wife is FAR and AWAY the best new comedy, possibly best new show, of the fall season.

Comment by chrisjroof – October 31, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Do you work for Trophy Wife in some way. It is terrible. Stupid premise, overacting. And regarding is possibly being the best new show of the fall? I know whose tastes I can’t take seriously. Sorry chrisjroof but I disagree on every point.

Comment by chistosa – October 31, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • i agree chrisjroof, even if it’s not the best comedy of the fall (which i think is between TW or B99), it’s still better than SFN. So, i hope that ABC will switch it

Comment by Kevin – October 31, 2013 02:29 PM PDT
      • David.. I agree, I’d love to see The Goldbergs between The Middle and Modern Family and then bring back Suburgatory and put that after Modern Family. The Goldbergs seems like a perfect fit between those two on Wednesday nights. That would make Wednesday nights a must see comedy block for me on Wednesdays.

Comment by Tenney – October 31, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i doubt arrow or tomorow people is in trouble. when u look at what beauty and the beast is doing and what carrie diaries did last year and nikita there are alot of shows doing worse on cw then those shows even on a down nite.

Comment by mainecane – October 31, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You can’t compare TTP ratings to TCD or BATB. Those shows are in their second season and TTP are hitting 0.6 already in its first

Comment by Sasha – October 31, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love Arrow but the production value of both TTP and Arrow is way more than those other shows.

Comment by Hodan – October 31, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was “ouch’ for Arrow but I can’t take these ratings seriously because of the World Series. Let’s hope the ratings are better next week!

Comment by Rissa – October 31, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think Arrow is in trouble, but I was just hoping that an amazing episode like that would draw a bigger crowd. Shame!

Comment by Christina – October 31, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was so disappointed to see Modern Family decided to do a repeat last night instead of a new episode. Wasted opportunity. Still wish The Middle would get more love

Comment by David – October 31, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Nashville won’t be renewed. Numbers are looking poor. Shame, I’m a big fan of Connie Britton since her days as Tami Taylor. Hopefully she finds another outlet for her talents.

Comment by Apples – October 31, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it will! With all the freshman dramas failing (Shield is not doing too good itself), plus revenge is also falling, i don’t see how Nashville would be in too much trouble.

Comment by Kevin – October 31, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Shield will stabilise in the mid-2s and be fine. Revenge is only 1 season away from syndication (aka earning money) whereas Nashville has 2 seasons to go.
        Nashville is close to doomed.

Comment by Apples – October 31, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Nashville should be paired with another chic show, such as the Batchelor on Mondays since it goes up against MNF. I love the Blacklist but for me too serious for Monday.

Comment by Saabgirlatx – October 31, 2013 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The Blacklist is on NBC. Nashville is on ABC. In that Monday timeslot for ABC is Castle, a female-skewing steady performer for ABC, I can’t see them wasting that slot on a dying show.

Comment by Apples – November 1, 2013 12:34 AM PDT
  • I can understand The Tomorrow People going down (do they know what a species is?) But Arrow was really good. I’m sure the ratings will go back up.

Comment by Drew – October 31, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Arrow and TTP share the same audiences with the World Series. That’s why it took a much bigger drop than other shows last night.

Comment by jeremy.hudson – October 31, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly expected Arrow to take a hit this week in ratings — not just because of the baseball but because I didn’t think, compared to other episodes earlier this season, they did a lot of promotion. It was a much quieter building up to the episode, which is a shame because I thought it was one of their best so far.

Comment by GildedRose – October 31, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Summer Glau killed Arrow :(

Comment by manokale – October 31, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is TERRIBLE. I hope arrow goes up it is having a fantastic season so far.

Comment by Jenny – November 1, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched Back in the Game for the first time last night. It was pleasant and I enjoyed it. I think it fits well with the family comedies.

Comment by leigh – October 31, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When Goldbergs (and Trophy Wife to a point) lose their lead in, they’re rock solid (or gain). When SFN loses its lead in (and Back in the Game loses whatever advantage it has in opening for Modern Family) they crumble. ABC needs to seriously consider revising their schedule before they destroy Trophy Wife and Goldbergs in order to save two inferior shows.

Comment by JJ – October 31, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Whoops, back in the game held steady. I misread. The rest of my comment stands.

Comment by JJ – October 31, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • BITG still needs to do better for a wed. Night but I think it’s doing great for a Friday night so it should be moved with LMS and the Tuesday comedy should be on wed where for now I can see them rising to what BITG is doing but in time can reach 2.0 and 7 million viewers if given the chance to grow.

Comment by Fernando – October 31, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • remember when revolution was sort of centered around Charlie and she was the big draw for young ladies like myself looking for bad ass and complex female leads? hahahaha what a wishful thinker i was. i’ve given up on the show, not just for that reason, but this season has been largely blah to me.

Comment by cjeffery7 – October 31, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post