Exclusive: Hayes MacArthur, Josh Peck Join Natalie Zea in Amazon Pilot The Rebels

The RebelsAmazon has drafted Hayes MacArthur (Go On) and Josh Peck (Drake & Josh) to co-star in its gridiron-themed comedy pilot The Rebels (fka The Outlaws), TVLine has learned exclusively.

Written by Jeremy Garelick (The Break-Up) and Jon Weinbach (30 for 30), the potential series stars Natalie Zea (Justified, The Following) as the widow of a pro-football team owner who is now tasked with running the flailing organization.

PHOTOS | Quotes of the Week: The Best Zingers from American Horror Story: Coven, The Middle, The Blacklist, Scandal, NCIS: LA and More

Premiere Of Oscilloscope Laboratories' "Shut Up And Play The Hits" - ArrivalsMacArthur will play Nick, a burned-out and desperate veteran quarterback who gets recruited by The Los Angeles Rebels, while Peck will portray Danny, the team’s newly-promoted general manager.

Production on the pilot begins this week.

Comments (18)

• Sweet! Hayes MacArthur does desperate and overcompensating like no one else, and Josh Peck’s stock just keeps on rising. I cannot wait to see this.

Comment by Zach – October 28, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I guess Claire isn’t long for this world on The Following.

Comment by alistaircrane – October 28, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In my opinion, a name like “Rebels” would be even more offensive than “Redskins” for a sports team and that’s pretty bad. Unfortunately, the term has become associated with racism. And before everyone jumps all over me, I acknowledge that those who tried to secede from the United States during the Civil War were not all supporters of slavery and some were even against it. I also acknowledge that racism was alive and well in the North as well as the South and that the war did not become a war against slavery until later in the conflict. Even so, this is the kind of name that I cannot imagine any sports franchise embracing today.

Comment by David P. Graf – October 28, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my gosh, David, you’re killing me here. Get OVER it. I’ve never ONCE associated the word in my mind as being racist or even having anything to do with the Civil War when not specifically talking about the Civil War. The word was around long before that, and will be around long from now. What about the rebels in Star Wars? Do they offend you too?

By the time you all are through, I’m not going to have any words left in my vocabulary that SOMEONE doesn’t have a problem with!

I love Josh Peck, can’t wait to see him in something else.

Comment by Rachel – October 28, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • In the Star Wars universe, you don’t have any association at all between “Rebels” and racism. It’s quite a different thing in the history of the United States. It’s not just the Civil War but contemporary racists have also laid claim to that title. A sports franchise would not choose any name that has such negative connotations in today’s world. It just fails the laugh test. You just don’t get it.

Comment by David P. Graf – October 28, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The next thing you are going to say is “the pirates” because they were into rape and pillaging. But I doubt that crosses anyones mind. We can’t have “the Penguins” as the polar ice is shifting and they might become an endangered animal. We have “the Browns” and “the Packers” because of slang sexual connotation. Where would you like to stop before every team needs to be renamed.

Comment by Matt – February 8, 2014 01:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But Josh Peck was so good as Rayron! He has to come back to the Mindy Project. I need him in comedy.

Comment by Nicole – October 28, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was Rayron ! ? I didn’t even recognize him. Now I’m going to have to go back and watch that episode again.

Comment by Andy – October 28, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Plot sounds vaguely like 1st and Ten with Delta Burke and Christopher Meloni.

Comment by Steven – October 28, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually kind of love this cast. Especially Josh Peck. I’ve been watching him on TV since I was around five or six years old and he was on The Amanda Show.

Comment by Eric – October 28, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Josh is getting more work. He’s a funny actor.

Comment by Joey – October 28, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always feel conflicted when Natalie Zea gets a new job. On one hand, I’m really happy her talent is being recognized. On the other hand, I know it means less Winona on “Justified”.

Comment by FatherOctavian – October 28, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As someone who also wishes her success for this new endeavor, but also hopes for more Winona this season on Justified. I’ll just say that this is only a pilot. It still might not get picked up.

Comment by Diana – October 28, 2013 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi there! I just want to give you a huge thumbs up for your great information you have right here on
    this post. I am returning to your website for more soon.

Comment by กลูต้า – November 1, 2013 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Recokvery is down an athletes performance one of the most
    important aspects to athletes. Doctors, physiotherapists and
    chiropractors often recommend massage therapy for specific health conditions; in addition, heealth insurance companies
    support the practice of massage therapy in many instances.
    Sports massage therapy is also recognized by triathlon athletes as
    a crucial component in their training regimen.

Comment by Kerri – November 8, 2013 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit
    my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over
    again. Anyways, just wanted to say great blog!

Comment by roof tile paint – November 21, 2013 02:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good blog you’ve got here.. It’s difficult to find high quality writing like
    yours nowadays. I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

Comment by Inuyasha Episodes – December 10, 2013 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so enjoyed watching the Rebels Pilot with Josh Peck. He’s a natural and I laughed, which is something I don’t often do!! Would love to see continuing episodes of Rebels with Josh!! It was great!!
    Fredda Klenosky