What to Watch Sunday: The Good Wife's Great Escape, Mentalist's New Clue, Revenge and More

the-good-wife-alicia-leavesOn TV this Sunday: Things go very bad for The Good Wife, Revenge makes a confession, The Mentalist gets a clue and Doctor Who celebrates No. 10. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

PREVIEW | Once Upon a Time‘s Colin O’Donoghue Talks ‘Surprising’ Kiss, Hook/Neal Face-Off

PHOTOS | Once Upon a Time First Look: Hugs and Kisses in Neverland — Plus: Hook’s Past Revealed

8 pm Doctor Who: The Doctors Revisited (BBC America) | In this three-hour special presentation, David Tennant is celebrated for his work as the Tenth Doctor from 2005 to 2010.

RELATED | ‘Ship Shape: How Your Fave Pairs From Revenge, Castle, Arrow and Other Shows Are Faring

9 pm The Good Wife (CBS) | Alicia and Cary’s plan to depart Lockhart/Gardner is suddenly exposed, so… stand back. (Get scoop on the “amazing” and “breakneck-paced” installment.)

9 pm Boardwalk Empire (HBO) | Nucky’s shipment from Florida arrives with unexpected cargo.

9 pm American Blackout (National Geographic) | This Blair Witch-esque thriller tells the story, in real time, of a national power outage in the United States caused by a cyberattack. Revolution minus nanobots?

9 pm The Walking Dead (AMC) | A group leaves the prison to search for supplies, while the remaining members deal with recent losses.

9 pm Homeland (Showtime) | Carrie puts her mission on the line while Saul rubs elbows with his opponent. (Plus, it looks like a lot more espionage is on the agenda.)

9 pm Revenge (ABC) | Daniel makes a startling statement at the Voulez magazine launch party, leaving Emily vulnerable.

PREVIEWWitches of East End‘s Rachel Boston on Ingrid’s Power-ful Struggle and a Deadly Twist Ahead

10 pm Masters of Sex (Showtime) | Johnson tries to connect with her son; Masters experiences anxiety.

10 pm The Mentalist (CBS) | The seemingly impossible death of a Visualize bigwig may provide a clue that leads Jane to Red John.

11 pm The Hiring Squad (Spike) | Christy Webber, founder of a successful landscaping company, allows her employees — “the 99 percent” — to choose who will be their next boss. (It’s like Occupy Wall Street, but with a happy ending!)

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (60)

• Can’t wait for this episode of The Good Wife!

Comment by bend22 – October 27, 2013 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Homeland is on it’s last chance tonight, if it isn’t good tonight then I am officially done with it.

Comment by Liz – October 27, 2013 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you about Homeland. Brody should die, or stay in Venezuela never to be heard from again. His character is completely irredeemable. I can barely watch him anymore. Also, I am so weary of Carrie’s breakdown. I appreciate shining a light on the issue of mental illness, but OMG, that last episode was painful to watch. Hope it gets better and back to the CIA story line.

The Walking Dead/Talking Dead
      Masters of Sex
      Hello Ladies
      Witches of East End
      Drop Dead Diva
      AND SO EXCITED FOR The Good Wife!

Comment by Mel – October 27, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree completely. I don’t know what happened to this show. I used to watch it live, but demoted it to DVR playback.

They got rid of the exciting stuff and looks like they are showing all their B-roll footage for episodes the first few episodes. Really don’t give a rip about Brody’s family. I wish I could teach my DVR to skip every scene that focuses on them.

Comment by Matt – October 27, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I stopped watching after the 2nd episode, thought I’ll start again during summer. I can’t believe it was my No 1 show last year, specially with episodes like New Car Smell & Q&A (I never learn episode names but those 2 were amazing). I understand shows can’t keep their quality consistent, but I’ve been a loyal viewer for many of the down seasons of Grey’s, Revenge, heck even Prison Break. But I can’t with this season of Homeland

Comment by Sara – October 27, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m counting down the hours to The Good Wife the way I did a few weeks ago with the final Breaking Bad!

Comment by TV Gord – October 27, 2013 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha same here!

Comment by Sara – October 27, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am almost right there with ya. LOOOOVVVEED BB, and really really really like TGW. Have been looking forward to this episode for weeks.

Comment by Melanie – October 27, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The. Good. Wife. :)

Comment by Kim R – October 27, 2013 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife. It’s the best show on television @tm.

Comment by Liam – October 27, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • REVENGE!! This season is so perfect, I’m counting down the hours, minutes, and seconds for tonight’s episode.

Comment by iMember – October 27, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon a Time
    Revenge
    The Mentalist
    Witches of East End

Comment by Maryann – October 27, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So much good stuff, so little time!

The Good Wife.
    Homeland.
    Masters of Sex.
    Will catch Dr. Who special later…

Comment by MariaD – October 27, 2013 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUAT, Revenge, and The Mentalist

Comment by Andy – October 27, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so sorry, but I again have to call you out! Why are you ignoring Betrayal? It’s a terrific show with lots and lots of drama. It’s not all about sex. These two people are really in love. She is married to a cocky attorney who doesn’t even love her. He is a nasty piece. You know, I might have to give up on you. I’d hate to do that but if you keep ignoring my favorite shows, what’s the point?

Comment by Maggie Ames – October 27, 2013 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why are you taking this personally?

Comment by Lisa – October 27, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m also sorry, but why are you “calling [them] out” and threatening to drop this site? They probably don’t like the show very much and obviously not many other people do as well. Stop acting as if they are out to isolate things you happen to like, they write for the majority and not the minority. Not everything is about you. Threatening to stop reading is a childish ploy to get what you want and is the equivalent of whining. If you really wanted to stop using the site instead of threatening them, you’d just do it already.Also, I, like the majority of people, watched the pilot and a few other episodes and decided it wasn’t worth it.

Comment by Sarah – October 27, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m glad they don’t. That show disgusts me. Rooting for cheaters with children, now that’s just sick.

Comment by Diz – October 27, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • don’t take this personally if you like the show and enjoy it that’s fine, but no need to threat this site just because their ignoring your show, btw this site is for shows a lot of people watch and very few people watch betrayal

Comment by maxisatroll123 – October 27, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OnceUpon a Time,Drop Dead Diva,Witches of East End,Revenge

Comment by Brandy – October 27, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Walking Dead, Talking Dead, and Comic Book Men.

Comment by Joey – October 27, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like how on this site people are so smart that they watch The Good Wife which is, hands down, the BEST show on television at the moment.

Comment by JJ – October 27, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Good Wife is an excellent series but episodes 1 and 2 of this season channeled Homeland and Mad Men (in that order). If you watch those series then you would have noticed it. Turned me off a bit but TGW is now back on track methinks.

Comment by DanielleZ – October 27, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol!

Comment by JJ – October 27, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch the can’t miss Good Wife episode On Demand but I got my fix on Homeland tonight.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – October 27, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge
    Once
    Witches of Eastend
    I wish more Revengers would come back this season revenge do not deserve these 6 million ratings nor below 2.0 demo. It at least should be getting 7 million because it has impr

Comment by Fernando – October 27, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Re: Revenge. I quit, and won’t come back. I’m completely over it. Sorry about your show getting lousy ratings, but once I leave an ongoing story, it’s hard to get back into it, no matter how much better it gets. This may be one of those shows that people will catch up with on Hulu or Netflix. There’s just way too much better TV on right now.

Comment by Mel – October 27, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you don’t need to announce to the whole world that you stopped watching. if you stopped watching in season 2 and start in season 3 you won’t get lost this season is basically a reboot so this season is like saying season 2 never happened

Comment by maxisatroll123 – October 27, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t understand why you think I “don’t need to announce” that I stopped watching Revenge. I am entitled to say what I want. Who are you to even say that to me? The TV Line comment police? AND, if what you say is true, If I were you and had spent 22 hours of my life watching a whole season that “never happened “I’d be totally enraged, No thanks, but enjoy your show.

Comment by Mel – October 27, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Mel we are not mad that we wasted 22 hours because unlike you, we are true revengers, who for better or worse stick by our show . Season 2 fell hard but season 3 is recovering and all revengers should give it a chance and stick around.

Comment by Fernando – October 27, 2013 05:22 PM PDT
          • Fernando, like I said in my earlier post I am sorry your show’s ratings are poor. I am glad people are enjoying the show, but it’s just not for me. I don’t wish ill will to any revenger or hope Revenge gets cancelled. Maxipad, I mean maxitroll, I mean maxisatroll basically told me I shouldn’t announce I was not watching Revenge any more. He/she was rude in his remark, so he got a snarky comment back dissing him for his ridiculous comment that basically season 2 never happened. I saw he commented to others afterwards, and did not comment back to me, so I gather he has no reasonable comeback. Good luck with Revenge. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

Comment by Mel – October 27, 2013 06:20 PM PDT
    • i agree revenge has gotten better this season and sadly it is not only getting low ratings but its dropping on a weekly basis. i hope that it doesn’t drop further than that and at least stabilizes at a 1.5-1.8 rating

Comment by aciel – October 27, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boardwalk Empire
    Will watch Homeland and The Good Wife on Monday On Demand

Comment by DanielleZ – October 27, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The good wife, once upon a time, revenge, walking dead, mentalist, Witches of east end, so much on!!!

Comment by Katelin – October 27, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i really need to start watching the good wife sounds like a good show

Comment by maxisatroll123 – October 27, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I promise you won’t regret it. It’s not a good show, it’s a stellar show. You’ll find no weak link among the regular cast, and Margulies, Panjabi and Baranski are goddesses. Period. The Good Wife has created one of the most rich and coherent universe I’ve ever seen, with guest stars just as amazing as the main cast (Carrie Preston, Martha Plimpton, Michael J. fox…). Plus, while the traditional CBS procedurals offer the same routine almost every week, The Good Wife constantly finds new ways to explore the US law, and you’ll learn plenty of interesting things.
      This Sunday’s episode is getting a lot of hype, and it deserves it. The Good Wife is a very subtle show, it doesn’t take its viewers for granted, far from it. This episode is the biggest for the show yet, and it doesnt involve any wedding, murder, pregnancy, hook up or anything, just a professional choice made by the titular character and the consequences that comes with it.
      Just try it, trust me if you don’t you’ll miss something very special.

May I remind the community of Good Wife fans that the show is on very shaky ground this season thanks to its low ratings. It needs our support. At least for tonight’s event, let’s watch it live !

Comment by Bad wolf – October 27, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with everything you’ve said and @maxisatroll123, you should definitely give it a try. It’s AWESOME!!
        Also, CBS only has itself to blame for the declining ratings of pretty much one of its best shows. It treats it like crap with that timeslot, never allowing it to start on time with constant delays.

Comment by abz – October 27, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • CBS is stupid that they have The Mentalist and TGW in time slots that are very rarely on time. Set your DVR And you have to include shows that follow to see the whole episodes. Stupid and playing havoc with there ratings.

Comment by JoyAnne – October 27, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i will definitely watch it i knew that there was something sounds special about the show so that’s why i’m willing to give it a try which is something i rarely do when it comes to trying shows. when i sense something special about it i try it out

Comment by aciel – October 27, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Witches of East End, Masters of Sex. Yeah!

Comment by Naazneen – October 27, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Walking Dead, The Good Wife (Can’t wait!), Witches of East End. DVRing: Talking Dead, Drop Dead Diva, Masters of Sex, and Revenge. Gotta love Sundays.

Comment by Steven – October 27, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Betrayal, The Good Wife, Masters of Sex, Witches of East End and Masters of Sex.

Comment by Christian – October 27, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m actually concerned about the effect the new Good Wife will have on my emotions.

Comment by Lauren – October 27, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha, me too. If the last episode made me anxious and on the edge of my seat, I really don’t know what this episode is gonna do to me.

Comment by abz – October 27, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly ! And that’s the beauty of the show, it’s not afraid of taking chances and reinventing itself while making us go through deep and powerful emotions. I don’t know who to root for : I love both team Florrick/Agos and team Lockhart/Gardner, watching them fighting is gonna be so hard, but in a delicious way, throw Kalinda and her conflicted friendship with both Alicia and Will into the mix and… I just dont find words to describe how I feel about it.

Comment by badwolf05 – October 27, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ouat and torn between the good wife and revenge. One live tonight one online tommorrow.

Comment by ollie – October 27, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Revenge could use some more viewers.

Comment by JC – October 27, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to OUAT (Hook backstory!!) and Revenge and Homeland, but seriously TONIGHT IS ALL ABOUT THE GOOD WIFE!!

Comment by abz – October 27, 2013 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I haven’t died (in a good way) by the end of Once Upon a Time, I’ll be watching The Mentalist, too. Gotta love Sunday night TV.

Comment by Lysh – October 27, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUAT
    The Good Wife
    Masters of Sex
    Witches of East End
    Long Island Medium

Comment by Jared – October 27, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Walking Dead and Revenge.

Comment by Stephanie – October 27, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Mentalist, TGW. And Castle is now available on Sundays.

Comment by JoyAnne – October 27, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited for The Good Wife!!! Will be watching The Amazing Race, too.

Comment by Alex Leo – October 27, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge & Witches of East End
    I dropped Good WIfe when it moved to Sundays and the very first episode was cut off because of football

Comment by lisa – October 27, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bad decision! Come back and watch!

Comment by xx – October 27, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Amazing Race
    The Good Wife
    OUAT
    Revenge
    Masters of Sex
    Witches of East End

I believe that’s all of them!

Comment by Britt – October 27, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE GOOD WIFE!!!!! (Literally counting down the minutes!!!)
    Oprah’s Next Chapter
    Betrayal
    OWN presents: Bridegroom
    Masters of Sex

Comment by Jared – October 27, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always assumed the Good Wife was a procedural for idiots like all of the other CBS dramas. Is it not?

Comment by JJ – October 27, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, the show is more focused on the ongoing character plots than the weekly (sometimes multi-weekly) court cases, by a wife margin.

Comment by Abby – October 27, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post