Once Upon a Time Recap: Prelude to a Kiss

Get More: Recaps

Once Upon a Time Recap Emma Hook KissThis week on ABC’s Once Upon a Time, we saw how a noble Navy lieutenant became a dreaded pirate, while in Neverland Emma crossed a line in the name of offering Henry some hope.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time‘s Colin O’Donoghue Ponders Hook/Neal Face-Off

IN THE FAIRYTALE LAND THAT WAS…. | Navy lieutenant Killian Jones addresses the crew of “The Jewel of the Sea,” imparting the importance of “good form.” His brother Liam, the captain, then arrives carrying a new sextant that will lead them to a mysterious new realm to locate a plant that can cure anything. Using a sail made of Pegasus feathers, the ship literally flies to Neverland, where the Jones brothers immediately make the acquaintance of Peter Pan. Pan warns them that the Dreamshade plant does not cure but in fact poisons, but Liam doubts their king would seek such an unholy weapon. To prove his faith, Liam exposes himself to the plant, only to quickly die. Killian begs Pan for help, and is guided to a spring whose water can cure all — but in doing so, comes with a price. Liam sure enough is quickly cured by the water, but dies, again, once they have landed back home. Incensed that their king led them on such a sketchy mission, one that ultimately cost him his brother, Killian leads the crew to denounce their allegiance to the Navy and join him as pirates, aboard the rechristened “Jolly Roger.”

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Casts Rumplestiltskin’s Father

IN NEVERLAND…. | Finding evidence that Neal lost hope during his days in Neverland, Emma resolves to get word to Henry that his family is near. And while she, Snow and Regina set out to capture a Lost Boy, Hook leads Charming to Deadman’s Peak, under the ruse of finding his brother’s sextant up there. In actuality, Hook wants to give David the spring water — though in curing him, it comes with the catch that he can never leave Neverland. Charming says that’s a small price to pay for having a chance to save his grandson, and imbibes/heals.

Meanwhile, upon capturing the Lost Boy that Henry nicked during swordplay, Emma holds back Snow so that Regina can pluck out the lad’s heart and use it to control him. As such, the Lost Boy returns to Henry and provides him with the half of a compact mirror by which Emma & Co. can communicate with him. Henry at first suspect trickery, but an “Operation Cobra” mention convinces him otherwise. Henry dispatches with the mirror, lest Pan find out about it.

When the men reunite with the women, Charming plants a big one on his Mrs., then spins a version of the truth that still casts Hook as a life-saver. After Emma thanks the pirate for saving her father’s life, Hook smiles, “Perhaps gratitude is in order now,” hinting at a kiss. Emma rebuffs: “Yeah, that’s what the ‘thank you’ is for.” Besides, she teases, “You couldn’t handle it.” (And you believe her.) When Hook counters that she’s the one who couldn’t handle it, Emma initiates a long, ultimately heated liplock. With steam practically escaping his collar, Hook utters, “That was….” “A one-time thing,” Emma insists/claims/kids herself. Visibly flustered, she send him off to get some wood (don’t say it, anyone!), to which he responds, “As you wish.” (Ergo my tweet: “Emma is Buttercup!”)

Alone and sipping his rum, Hook is approached by Pan with a secret: “Baelfire… the guy Emma loves, Henry’s father…. He’s alive. and he’s in Neverland.” But the lad leaves it up to Hook to tell Emma. Or not. “Let’s see what kind of man you really are.” Back at camp, Pan tells the Lost Boys to hang caged Neal up “next to the other one,” leaving us to wonder who’s in the other cage….

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Enlists Goth Rocker Marilyn Manson to Play [Spoiler]

Notable quotables:
* “There were two of you? I can barely stomach one.”
* “What I wouldn’t give for another sleeping curse….”
* “She’s finally starting to see me for the man I am.” “A one-handed pirate with a drinking problem? I’m no grown-up, but I’m pretty sure that’s less than appealing.”

Want scoop on Once Upon a Time, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (161)

• What makes me think the other one is Rumple’s father?

Comment by Ginger Snap – October 27, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think its either Ariel or Wendy.

Comment by CC – October 27, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Since Ariel next week maybe it’s Prince Eric?

Comment by Kellie – October 27, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s a good one didn’t think of it.

Comment by betty – October 28, 2013 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oooo… That’s a good one. I was thinking that it was Hook’s brother.

Comment by writingmyownway – October 27, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It could be Hook’s brother. But the Rumple’s father “abandoned” him or so we’ve been led to believe. But if Pan caught him and his held him captive, then lied to Rumple . . .
        And now Neal is in danger of the same fate. And Henry is in danger of repeating the mistakes of Rumple. And the Charmings and Regina may be headed towards the same trap.

I wonder if it will take the combined magic of Emma Regina and Rumple to defeat Pan?

Comment by Ginger Snap – October 27, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I thought of Hook’s brother too, at first. But we saw him die in Killian’s arms….so, it must be Rumple.

Comment by Lisa – October 27, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The only thing with Rumple’s father is that his episode isn’t supposed to air until nov 13. And I believe Ariel is suppose to be in Storybrook. However, I think they can get more story out of either Rumple’s father or older Wendy. Grandfather and grandson bonding over each beign in a cage or as others have said throwing older Wendy in that love triangle, square, rectangle thing they got going on there.

Comment by A.B. – October 27, 2013 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wait maybe it’s just Rumple himself.

Comment by A.B. – October 27, 2013 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But he’s shown with “Belle” out in the jungle in the promos.

It could be Rumple’s father. We don’t have to see who that person is for a while and besides if we do see the person in the cage we still wouldn’t know for sure who they were unless we’ve seen them before.

Comment by Mary – October 27, 2013 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta say, Hook legit grossed me out tonight. I guess I’ll follow Pan’s advice and see what kind of man he shows himself as, even though I think we all got a good glimpse of it tonight.

Comment by Joey – October 27, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess I just don’t see the issue. He flirted with her, she flirted back, then SHE kissed HIM.

Comment by CC – October 27, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Whether or not he was serious about using saving Charming as an excuse to get some sort of romantic and/or sexual gratification from Emma is actually moot to me. The fact alone that he said it at all is pretty reprehensible to me.

Comment by Joey – October 27, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Obviously she didn’t find it reprehensible or she would have walked away, but she kissed him so I guess she thought it was just flirting too!

Comment by CC – October 27, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • If that’s what you want to think, go ahead. I think it’s pretty off-base, myself.

Comment by Joey – October 27, 2013 07:46 PM PDT
          • I agree with CC, Emma is an opinionated women and if she thought it was disgusting she would have said something and not kiss him. Not sure how you think this is off-base, the scene was pretty straight forward.

Comment by Rook – October 27, 2013 08:51 PM PDT
        • Your meds need to be increased.

Comment by David4 – October 27, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re just looking for things to complain about. If she found it gross or disgusting, then SHE wouldn’t have kissed him.

Comment by abz – October 27, 2013 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • So true. these are just people who don’t want Hook with Emma and are trying to hide it by claiming some moral high ground. Get a life. The flirting and subsequent kiss was awesome.

Comment by seuss – October 28, 2013 05:13 PM PDT
    • i was saying no no no in my head the entire episode BUT i thought how he hinted at a kiss was the most adorable thing ever

Comment by ceylan – October 27, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The look on his face as he hinted was too cute!

Comment by Karen MT – October 27, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I didn’t find it adorable. He expected “payment” for saving Charming’s life from Emma.

Comment by Mary – October 27, 2013 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I actually think given his concern over the course of this season for Charming, he actually did it to help him. He kept telling Charming to tell his family before it’s too late because he should say goodbye to them. Plus, after finding out his brother died (who knows if he’s really dead?) from Dreamshade, it really did seem out of concern for Charming first. The flirting/kissing was a side bonus for him.

Comment by abz – October 27, 2013 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • But the whole reason to poison Charming seems to be for Hook to save him just to get a kiss from Emma. There was no change to Charming, other than a reversion to David Nolan form in keeping a secret from his wife and daughter. And now he has a new secret he’s keeping from them.

Comment by Mary – October 28, 2013 01:52 AM PDT
        • Hook wasn’t expecting them to even find out he saved Charming. When Charming starts to give him credit, Hook even interjects to ask if he’s sure he wants to tell them. And Hook looked surprised and you could tell he has a hard time dealing with gratitude. As far as “expecting payment” from Emma in the form of a kiss is not really true. He didn’t expect she’d actually do it after being rejected by her the past season. I think he just flirted with her like usual and figured she’d roll her eyes and walk off thinking it was the same old antics. Sure, the writers probably set this up to work toward the marketing campaign they’ve created for Hook about a pirate being a hero. But to say he only did it to get a kiss from Emma isn’t giving them enough credit. It’s so much more than that. It’s setting him up to he a hero, it’s showing compassion for someone else because he lost all his family and doesn’t wish that hurt and loneliness upon others. Just pay attention to the themes of the season. This whole episode was showing viewers that before Hook, Killian Jones was actually a decent guy and maybe there’s still some of that in him that he has been suppressing all these centuries.

Comment by shandelle – October 28, 2013 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If by “we got a good glimpse of it tonight” you mean that he’s loyal, honor-bound, and an innocent flirt, then yeah, we all saw it. I don’t see how anyone could paint a negative portrait of Hook after tonight’s episode unless they are being deliberately obtuse and refusing to see what is right in front of them.

Comment by Arthur – October 27, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • See, now I think you’re being obtuse. He’s shown me that he’s nothing but weak and manipulative.

Comment by Joey – October 27, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re really seem blinded by you’re dislike of the character to accept any character development whatsoever.

Comment by abz – October 27, 2013 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The funny thing is I think that you’re blinded by a pretty face to see his personality right in front of you,

Comment by Joey – October 28, 2013 05:04 AM PDT
          • No actually, I know who he is, I just don’t find as much of an issue with it as some do. I don’t complain about every little thing with the character every week and when I see the writers making an effort to develop characters further, in general, I’m willing to stick along for the ride and give it a shot. All of these characters are flawed and I don’t just write off characters or quit shows so easily just because a character may initially start off unpleasant or because two characters don’t get together. If he was in the show or not, I would still continue to watch and enjoy it.

Comment by abz – October 28, 2013 07:14 AM PDT
      • I have to agree, the episode showed a lots of development for Hook. In my eyes, it made him much more attractive. And I have been agreeing with Hook ever since Charming was Dreamshaded…. I am more turned off by the “self sacrifice” of Charming. It is selfish and Hook is right to say he should tell his loved ones…

And wow, that kiss was good.

Now lets see what Hook does with his new Pan-provided intel on Neil. I say he eventually does the right thing.

Comment by RUCookie – October 28, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Am I the only one thinking that there was some of that healing water in the “rum” flask and now none of them can leave Neverland except for Regina?

2. I know Neal is the endgame, but I’m kind of hoping it won’t be especially because this storyline offers so many more options. Like, I’m thinking Henry wouldn’t be too pleased with his mother choosing a pirate over his father… Also, they’re HOT.

Comment by Diana – October 27, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I only think drinking the water would matter if it saved their lives.

Comment by CC – October 27, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fair point. Still think they could throw some sort of water/rum related twist at us, though.

Comment by Diana – October 27, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree that something is up with the contents of the flask. As for leaving Neverland – if Henry is this “supreme being” once he realizes his abilities he will be able to speak and change the rules… including letting his grandfather live outside of Neverland.

They need to destroy the waterfall to gain control of Pan. Perhaps the waterfall is somehow linked to Pan’s immortality.

Comment by tvismyfriend – October 28, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The fact that everyone–even Hook it seems– thinks Emma will go back to Neal is the exact reason I think she wont. It’s too predictable!!

Comment by Mel – October 27, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So hoping you’re right about that. Hook and Emma would make a much better love story to me.

Comment by CC – October 27, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah but OUaT always does the most predictable stuff. I mean, just go back and watch the show up til this point.

Comment by Joey – October 27, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • To a certain point yes they do, but I don’t think they will in this regard. Mainly because Hook himself is constantly told by everyone that Emma would never go for a guy like him. To me it suggests in the end she will chose him proving every one of those people wrong.

Comment by Kellie – October 27, 2013 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really hope you’re right. Emma and Hook is such a more interesting story, it’s complicated and layered and it will open up the show for the future. If Emma gets with Neal and the Carmings are together, where do they go from there?

Comment by Diana – October 27, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t really see a future for Hook’s character. What more can there be for him to do once they leave Neverland? So much of his story has been about him getting revenge on Rumple and with him stopping that – then what? Just be there to flirt with Emma?

Comment by Mary – October 27, 2013 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly. Last season was to get him involved and set up this season in Neverland. But than what? If they ever go to Oz, what will he be the Tin Man? I actually would like to see a different guy for that. As someone else mentioned maybe there’s a way for Hook to stay in Neverland for Charming so that he can leave with his family. If as everyone hints Hook is growing as a person than that would be an ultimate unselfish sacrifice.

Comment by A.B. – October 28, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I see what you’re saying. I wouldn’t want the character to become dead weight or anything. But IMO, there are plenty of places for Hook to go. He was a navy lieutenant once; I can see him offering to help rebuild FTL or something. But if they don’t go back to FTL, how hilarious would it be to see Hook trying to do everyday things in Storybrooke, like go grocery shopping or something? Or become a bar tender?

Comment by gdv – October 28, 2013 12:03 PM PDT
      • I totally agree on that, and hope the writers would go that way, tome, it would be a much more interesting love story.

Comment by Diana – October 28, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really, really hope Neal is not endgame. I would be so disappointed in the writers if it were. If its not Hook either I hope its a third party that hasn’t show up yet.

Comment by Penny – October 27, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This^

Comment by Me – October 27, 2013 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • For me it would be Jefferson [Hatter], and he has a daughter Henry’s age. Nice family potential there.

Comment by Stormy – October 28, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think Neal is endgame – no where did they pine for each other like the other in-love fairytale characters. I realize they aren’t fairytale characters, at least as we know them, but….anyway, Emma likes bad guys. I don’t think Neal qualifies anymore.

Comment by Dijea (@Dijea) – October 27, 2013 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s been stated aloud onscreen by both characters that they pined for each other for eleven years. And Graham was not a bad boy. Neal was never a bad guy in the beating/poisoning/murdereing sense either. Emma is too smart to like “bad boys.”

Comment by Cass – November 3, 2013 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Eh, I don’t think Neal is the endgame. I think it’s too predictable, for one, and she has no chemistry with him. The way they have been writing Hook and Emma since early season 2 points to OTP/endgame. I mean, they are clearly meant for each other.

Comment by Arthur – October 27, 2013 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope…thats totally what I thought too. Now all of them are stuck there except for Regina and Hook

Comment by Kellie – October 28, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh, I really hope Neal is not endgame.

Comment by seuss – October 28, 2013 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the other one is either Rumple’s father or Wendy.

Comment by Marie – October 27, 2013 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like the Wendy theory. She’d be a really good fit,especially considering well… Neverland. It’d be even more interesting if it were an ADULT Wendy, that would add a whole new dynamic to the whole Neal/Emma/Hook love triangle considering the history.

Comment by writingmyownway – October 27, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well I definitely think it’s an adult. But who?

Comment by Ginger Snap – October 27, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking Wendy, but I think it might actually be Tinkerbell.

Comment by CC – October 27, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta love Hook, and Jones Brothers , and CaptainSwan feels
    Princess Bride feels!!!
    He’s here for Emma, who else!

Comment by Rev – October 27, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrific episode. Hook quickly became one of my favorite characters and this episode about his backstory did not disappoint. That Emma/Hook kiss was one of the hottest I’ve seen in ages and since they used the famous quote from the Princess Bride I hope they plan to live up to it.

Comment by Lori – October 27, 2013 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree!!! Even though I knew there was a kiss happening I swear I squealed a little :) I’ve been a huge Hook fan from the very minute he showed up! He’s hot, he’s sexy, he’s dangerous but he’s also been showing that he does have a heart! I’m looking forward to many more episodes with Colin in them!!

Comment by Jenn – October 28, 2013 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the ep, i just wish they would call snow, “snow” and not Mary Margaret

It would be great if Wendy were to show up older than when Bale poorest saw her and Emma can be jealous

Comment by lizz – October 27, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I swear to God, every time they call her Mary Margaret a little bit of my Ouat love dies inside. I’ve already gone from a fairly invested viewer to just watching to see where they go, I’m really not that far off from just not caring at all. So frustrated.

Comment by Christina – October 27, 2013 10:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they’ll be able to come up with a way to get Charming out of Neverland without it killing him. Especially since come ep 11 we’ll be done with that arc.

Comment by Sarah – October 27, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well David’s path off of Neverland is difficult. Maybe Snow and Charming never leave.

Comment by Ginger Snap – October 27, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mark my words – Hook will be the one to do something to allow Charming to leave the island, by either sacrificing himself or agreeing to stay in Charming’s place.

Comment by spotteddog – October 28, 2013 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Next week Regina=Ursula WTF!!!!!!

Comment by Fernando – October 27, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was so mad when I saw that promo especially considering I was really looking forward to it. It was a real chance to add one of the best villains ever into the show. Didn’t they say that they weren’t going to have her be Ursula. I hope she’s just trying to trick Ariel or something and that we will see a real Ursula. I love Regina, but I don’t think she can bring out the true essence of Ursula and have a feeling it will be a fail just like the casting of Kristin Bauer as Maleficent was.

Comment by abz – October 27, 2013 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree about the casting of Maleficent. I’d have cast a Bebe Neuwirth type. My word, Cher would have been a step in the right direction!

Comment by Stormy – October 28, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the other one is young Baelfire

Comment by I – October 27, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be the most amazing twist.

Comment by Lysh – October 27, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be interesting except it if is young Bae, Neal would know if and how he got out of the cage because it already happened to him. Like Doctor Who meeting one of his earlier regenerations. I am guessing it will be Wendy Darling old or young. I am hoping old so she and Neal are both adults.

So guesses who the King who sent Hook and his brother to get the poison. The obvious person would be Charles Witmore.

What would be interesting after Neverland is if time moves at a different speed between Neverland and our world. What if when they get back 5 or 10 years have past in Storybrooke even though everyone in Neverland has only been there a few days.

Comment by Gail – October 27, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The portals are for jumping time as well as distance. Think time machine.

Comment by Stormy – October 28, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The kiss was meh, not hot at all. Just my humble opinion

Comment by M – October 27, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it was one of those kisses that on any other show would end in the bedroom

Comment by Penny – October 27, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, the majority disagrees with you. That was the hottest, most passionate kiss OUAT has ever seen. If it wasn’t an ABC show, they’d be ripping each other’s clothes off. Definitely a loaded, beautiful moment between two very complex characters.

Comment by Arthur – October 27, 2013 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol @ the majority. I wasn’t aware you’ve spoken to everyone who watched the show tonight.

Comment by Joey – October 27, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Close to everyone. Everything I have read over several different reviews and sites has been overwhelmingly positive except for a whiny minority of people who don’t understand complex characterization or foreshadowing. Or they are disgruntled Swanfire shippers who are lashing out because another pairing has a lot more chemistry.

Comment by Arthur – October 27, 2013 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Wow, Arthur. I don’t normally respond to antagonizing posts but your comment is so condescending, arrogant and all-around snotty that I will make an exception. I have no horse in this race as I don’t “ship” either couple and I can quite capably understand “complex characterization” and “foreshadowing”. Thinking you are speaking for “close to everyone” is just asinine. I am sure a ton of folks who watch on and offline loved tonight and I am equally sure that those who may not have seen it your way are hardly universally “whiny” moronic jackals who are blindly lashing out. Get off your high horse, in short.

Comment by Riley – October 27, 2013 10:11 PM PDT
          • lol complex characterization and foreshadowing

Comment by courts – October 28, 2013 05:51 AM PDT
          • ‘complex characterization’ hahahaha good one

Comment by Betsy – October 28, 2013 04:40 PM PDT
      • Sorry, did nothing for me or any of my family. I just can’t get into Captain Swan, and the fact that he’s obviously going to hide the fact that Neal is in Neverland and alive from Emma is going to, of course, going to keep them from getting together. So relieved Once set up for that.

Comment by Katie – October 27, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • How was it made obvious what he’ll do, though? I didn’t see anything telling enough in the promo for next week and he had no further interactions with anyone after that scene. We have no idea what he’ll end up doing. Surely Hook is smart enough to consider how not telling her will definitely come back to bite him in the ass. If he doesn’t tell Emma specifically, I wonder if he’ll tell Charming. Part of it, too, is Hook not knowing if Pan is lying. Not telling her wouldn’t necessarily be just selfish because it will complicate their budding romance; it would also prevent setting her up for possible disappointment until it’s determined Neal actually is alive. He might also suspect it’s a trap to derail saving Henry. Pan is an evil, manipulative liar. It’s definitely a complex problem that’s main intent is to cause inner struggle for Hook. That’s why I hope he tells Charming first and they mutually decide what they think is best. But who knows how it’ll end up. It’s way too soon to say it’s obvious Hook will do one or the other. Even though many don’t want to accept it, a huge part of this season has been developing the good side of Hook and how Emma brings that out in him, regardless if they romantically end up together.

Comment by shandelle – October 28, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “the fact that he’s obviously going to hide the fact that Neal is in Neverland and alive from Emma” >> check your so-called fact. The first thing Hook did was tell Snow and Charming and the only reason he did not want to tell Emma was to make SURE that Neal was alive and spare Emma of more suffering. I had no doubts he’d tell the group. I don’t know what show you’re watching.

Comment by check yo facts – November 6, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ha, BURN. Talk about speaking too soon.

Comment by Jessie – November 16, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ‘Wasn’t an ABC show?’ Do you watch Scandal?

Comment by Lauren – October 28, 2013 03:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hook was with Baelfire’s/Neal’s mother, Henry’s Grandmother. Does Emma and Hook not seem WRONG for this reason alone to anyone else???

Comment by cleverinwa – October 27, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe she doesn’t know Milla was Rumple’s wife/Bae’s mom.

Comment by Lia – October 27, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s going to complicate things for sure. I am thinking we’re going to see the dark side of Neal when he discovers the truth. As hard as he tries to deny it, he is Rumple’s son. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, you know.

Comment by Ginger Snap – October 27, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There are shows where 100+ year old vampires fall in love with a teenage girl(Vampire Diaries, Buffy), so no Hook and Emma do not bother me.

Comment by Jess – October 27, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have you ever watched a soap? OUAT’s soapy. I’m more disgusted by the pairing of Ol’ Rumpy with young hen Belle.

Comment by Anna – October 27, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THIS. My whole family cringes during their scenes. And we ALL scream “eww” (or some variation) when they kiss. It’s just gross to us.

Comment by Christina – October 27, 2013 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I thought it was just me and my daughters. My oldest is 21 and the other is 18. Every…single…time they kiss we go ewwww. Totally gross.

Comment by tp – October 27, 2013 11:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I am 26 and I think that Gold is a little bit hot! Age doesn’t really matter to me but there is something there that I find attractive (when he isn’t Rumple, and golden glittery). That being said I don’t think there is ANYTHING strange with the fact that Hook was with Neil’s mother… at all.

Comment by Darci – October 29, 2013 02:00 PM PDT
    • I suppose that’s only the first level on an almost infinite number of levels of wrongness.

Comment by Joey – October 27, 2013 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could it be Tinker Bell?

Comment by Nick – October 27, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was in last week’s episode and told them to come get her when they had a plan to get off the island. I doubt it’s Tink.

Comment by Meg – October 28, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Ariel episode is coming up, so I´m going with her in the other cage.

Comment by Viv – October 27, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A little bit of spoiler, but I understand that Ariel is in communication with Belle. So I don’t think it’s her.

Comment by GingerSnap – October 28, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t seen an ep since early season 2, but tonight I caught a few minutes and it hooked me. (Unintentional pun!) Emma and Hook are hot! And there were some actual funnies! Now I’m kicking myself for dropping it last year before Hook showed up and want to immediately go back and figure out what I missed.

One thing I see that hasn’t changed is putting too much makeup on Prince Charming.

Comment by Liza C. – October 27, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Some of that was because of the Dreamshade poison in his system. They were trying to show that he was getting worse and close to dying from it.

Comment by Mary – October 27, 2013 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t kick yourself too much—last season only produced 2 or 3 episodes worth watching. But yes, I agree, this season is much stronger.

Comment by gdv – October 28, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like someone to explain to me, how can they possible pair up Emma and Hook. He was her kid’s grandmother’s lover. She abandoned her kid to go with him. Emma should have more self respect. It must seems like the writers are trying to make the captain swan shippers happy. And that kiss was not a bit hot.

Comment by H – October 27, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same way they could pair Regina up with Emma. In other words it doesn’t matter. Neither of those potential couple would be related by blood.

Comment by Mel – October 27, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, please. That was the hottest kiss the show has ever had, and they can easily pair of up Hook and Emma. It’s no different from any other relationship on the show, and Emma does have self-respect – and sees the good in Killian. They’ve always had an understanding, and the writers are telling the story they’ve wanted to tell since last season. They’ve been setting this up for a long time. And past lovers don’t play into the current relationship. It’s not like they’re related.

Comment by Arthur – October 27, 2013 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s a game being played by Pan. This is Neverland and he has an uncanny ability to manipulate things. He wants Hook in a difficult situation. Whatever magical powers he has are probably influencing things. He wants Hook and Emma distracted from Henry.

Comment by Ginger Snap – October 28, 2013 03:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving Hook & Emma. The Princess Bride reference was the BEST!!! Buttercup & her Dread Pirate Roberts! :)
    I’ve honestly never seen any chemistry between Emma & Bae/Neal.

Comment by Sunshine – October 27, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. Emma and Nealfire (catchy, no?) are a complete snooze.. I never bought the chemistry between them, but Emma and Hook have it in spades.

Comment by Arthur – October 27, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not to put too fine a point on it, the only person I could imagine having chemistry with Neal would be Snookie from Jersey Shore. However, Hook is not a good choice for Emma IMO.

Comment by Stormy – October 28, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes. yes. and yes. I don’t get the Neal thing at all. I get why she used to love him but I don’t see how he fits in now other than he’s Henry’s dad. She has more chemistry with Hook, the Huntsman or even the guy made of wood.
      Also, I’m a tad paranoid that Pan did something to Hook’s rum…maybe we’ll see next week.

Comment by morgan – October 28, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely loved the whole episode. By far, the best episode in season 5 and one of the best out of the whole show. I loved seeing Hook’s backstory. It was interesting how he became a pirate. We’re starting to see more of Killian Jones in Hook and I can’t wait to see more. I absolutely LOVED the Princess Bride Reference and of course, the Hook and Emma scenes. The Hook and Charming scenes were very enjoyable to watch as well! I absolutely adored the whole episode.

As for the person in the cage, Wendy?

Comment by Bree – October 27, 2013 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Ariel in the other cage and that’s how they’ll introduce her character. Also, is anyone else thinking that there may be a deal David could make to leave the island? Like someone taking his place? I feel like Hook won’t be leaving the island. Also, it seems obvious he’ll tell Emma that Neal is alive to prove he’s a good guy, but that might be too obvious. So we’ll see.

Comment by jerrired – October 27, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah that’s what I’ve been thinking. There’s really not much reason for Hook to stay around after they finish in Neverland.

Comment by Mary – October 27, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hook isn’t going anywhere. If he stays behind they will figure out a way for him to leave and then go back for him.. Remember Neal said The Ruby Slippers opened a portal? And the Ruby slippers are on OZ.. Somewhere where the show is rumored to be taking us after the mid season break..

Comment by Kellie – October 27, 2013 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But why? What reason is there for Hook to be around story line wise after Neverland? Just to keep trying to win over Emma? That’s not a good reason. His main motivation last season was about getting revenge on Rumple. He’s made a couple of attempts and failed. As for “redemption,” that is pretty much covered with his helping them by bringing them to Neverland and helping. And finishing it would be him staying there in Charming’s place somehow.

Comment by Mary – October 28, 2013 01:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well, he was something of a foster father to Bae. And he has unfinished business with Rumple.

Comment by Stormy – October 28, 2013 07:50 AM PDT
    • The question is why would Pan want Ariel? It makes more sense that Ariel is the key to getting off of Neverland. There’s some unfinished business Ariel has with Regina and if they can work out their differences, she could help them escape.

Comment by Ginger Snap – October 28, 2013 03:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It seems like they bring something back from Neverland – I am starting to believe some of that water. ‘Cuz I think his fate is to become a male version of a mermaid. Because how did Ariel become a mermaid?

Comment by GingerSnap – October 28, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You think who will become a mermaid? David or Hook? I think Ariel is shown already as a mermaid, per the Disney story. But I guess we’ll see.

Comment by jerrired – October 28, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, Josh is quoted as saying they bring “something” back from Neveland. Some people believe that Hook’s brother needed that water to survive. And that he may not be dead at all, but revived when he had his burial at sea.

Comment by GingerSnap – October 28, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh! That’s an interesting theory. However, I think they introduced so many new characters, that one of them is probably the “something” they bring back. but i still think Hook may not make it off the island. Because I feel like there is no way they can defeat Pan in these eleven episodes, so they need to keep showing us what’s going on in Neverland, and a reason for them to return. I think they’ll save Henry, but not beat Pan and someone else will be stuck on that island with Pan.

Comment by jerrired – October 28, 2013 03:47 PM PDT
  • Great episode tonight. I loved watching Hook go from eager lieutenant to angry pirate. He is fun to watch. I loved the backstory. Now here’s hoping the show doesn’t sacrifice Hook on the altar of Emma/Neal. The chemistry between Killian/Hook and Emma is off the charts hot. Loved the kiss.

Comment by Tessa B – October 27, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma and Hook are definitely getting the OTP/endgame treatment – they’ve been laying groundwork for it since Hook’s first appearance, and it just keeps getting better and better. They have amazing, impossible-to-duplicate chemistry. They just sizzle on screen together, and I love that Emma is making Hook want to be a better man and to return to being “Killian.” Frankly, I always thought she and Neal were a snooze together – no real sparking chemistry, and he really wasn’t great to her. It’s too little, too late, so I hope he stands aside and let’s poor Hook (and Emma) finally get a happy ending. I actually think it would very interesting if Neal became the Dark One somehow, especially after he’s been such a little tosser to his father this season.

The “as you wish” Princess Bride reference was perfect, too. I hope we get more Hook-centric episodes in the future – it was fantastic. And anyone who can still walk away from the show with a negative opinion of Hook/Killian is just being willfully ignorant of context and what we’ve been shown of him – he’s a good man, at the root of it all, who just went astray. He’s definitely one of the most complex, layered characters on OUAT and quickly becoming my favorite. He and Emma are very similar – lost, alone, damaged.. and they can save each other. I think that’s definitely the direction things will go.

Comment by Arthur – October 27, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^ THIS!

Comment by Rissa – October 27, 2013 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How about if Hook pulls a Wesley[retires] and Neal becomes The Dread Pirate Roberts er I mean Hook?

Comment by Stormy – October 28, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with all of the above!! It was so great seeing Killian’s backstory tonight. Fastest hour of the season. I would love to see Emma go with Killian instead of Neal. Neal would be safe, but not the one who makes her flustered. It was refreshing to see Charming call Hook out and say “you are doing this for Emma. No one else” Definitely shows that his motivations aren’t blind to everyone. It was just a fantastic episode. I cannot wait to see how they take this.

Comment by rk535 – October 28, 2013 02:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Question, if Regina took out Charming’s heart would he still die if he left Neverland? Could they take out his heart long enough to find a cure?

Comment by A – October 27, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HUH? Interesting question. I like the idea. It would bring in all sorts of questions on trust… HMMM.

Comment by RUCookie – October 28, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care about the stupid trianlge BUT can we talk about how Emma and Regina in sync this episode. Loved how Emma kept saying “our son” finally acknowledging Regina as his mother too.

About that Promo for next episode, Regina is Ursila!?!?! Seriously, I wish Once would stop recycling Rumple and Regina as the villain in everyone’s story!! Find new villains!!!

Comment by Hodan – October 27, 2013 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woa. I liked Hook before this episode, even with all the stuff he’s pulled (teaming up with Cora). This was a wonderful backstory for him and made me like him even more. As for the KISS – Emma and Hook have chemistry together. I hope that the show continues to explore it. No hate for Neal, but he and Emma don’t spark the way she does with Hook. Only thing is that I like Hook a little bad. If he has to become a boring good guy to be with Emma, then maybe it’s better if they just tease the romance. I like the pirate, hope he stays that way.

Comment by Amanda – October 27, 2013 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The most powerful scene in this episode was Emma holding Snow while Regina ripped out the lost boy’s heart.

Comment by Jennifer – October 27, 2013 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Solid episode, although a couple of puzzling writing choices (Killian’s speech took quite the turn!). I have to say, I love Pan. There’s so much sass from everyone this season! I’m really curious to see more of Hook and Pan’s history, I hope we get a glimpse at it before this half of the season is up. I think my two favorite parts were Emma holding onto Snow while Regina did her thing…and the reveal that Hook lured Charming to his cure. The ending was also awesome. I would have liked to have dwelled on Liam’s death a bit longer, what with it being such a defining moment in Killian’s life. The kiss was hot (but I already knew that from the sneak peek).

Comment by Anna – October 27, 2013 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed this episode, Hook needed some more backstory, but I don’t watch this show for the romance, so I just wanted to get the kiss done and over with, but it was nice, I don’t mind this pairing. I would have been bothered with Regina being Ursula if I hadn’t seen it a mile away, so I have already accepted the fact, and she looks like a pretty good Ursula from the sneak peak, I’m looking forward to this Ariel episode. I do have to wonder is I saw a picture of Ariel in Stoybrooke with Belle, if Ariel is in Storybrooke how will they relate her backstory to what is happening in Neverland, perhaps something to do with Regina.

Comment by Mike R. – October 27, 2013 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That Emma/Hook kiss was the hottest kiss I’ve seen on TV in a while! I definitely was not disappointed. And Hook just exudes sex appeal like crazy! Em and his flirtation was so spot on and natural. Him hinting at the kiss was beyond adorable and their playful banter just flowed so well. Maybe Neal is her true love, but I was never a fan of the Neal/Emma pairing and tonight made me even less of a fan. I think Hook can be redeemed. This show has shown us that no character is truly good and none is truly evil. After seeing Hook’s backstory [and frankly way before], I know he’s not all evil. Oh and Peter Pan continues to be amazing. He’s such a little jerk that I wanna slap him, but Robbie Kay portrays him so well. His smirks, his eyebrows, just everything is so boyish and yet so evil and sadistic!

Comment by rachelle – October 27, 2013 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best episode of ONCE so far!! Seeing Killian’s story was simply amazing(best character on TV right now, tbh)! The bromance is finally well on its way and that kiss was one of the best ever filmed. Killian and Emma are in for an epic love story!

Comment by evangelin – October 28, 2013 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to admit I was pretty bored during this episode. It had its good moments – Charming and Hook’s scenes together – everything else was just blah.

Comment by jo – October 28, 2013 01:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The kiss between Emma and Hook did not disappoint me at all. It was great and knowing that Emma was the one to grab him first and start kissing was even better. Not sure what Hook is going to do with the information he was told by Pan, that Neal is alive and on the island. My guess is that he will save Neal for Henry’s sake because he does not want Henry to have to go through the loss of someone he cares about like he did when he lost his brother because of Neverland.

Comment by Pat – October 28, 2013 03:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Robin Hood’s in the cage !!

Comment by Andreea – October 28, 2013 03:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Robin Hood is in the fairytale land that IS

Comment by Melanie – October 28, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe his ship was called Jewel of the Realm, not Jewel of the Sea

Comment by honeybe – October 28, 2013 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Possibly! I couldn’t quite recall.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 28, 2013 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The sad thing when I read the comments on every website is that I have the feeling that Once is now just (a bad) soap show…. Everyone (even “journalists” and media poeple) is only talking about the Emma/Hook kiss or the E/H/N love triangle…… this episode for exemple has a lot of amazing scenes especially the Emma/Regina/Snow/Henry one and some strong character developpement (Emma being more grey, finally a “OUR son”),…. and all we heard about that kiss who came out of nowhere…
    I’m conflicted because I love Hook and Colin but sometimes I wish he would go away so the show could be more about amazing stories instead of poorly written or rushed romances….
    And don’t even get me started on adult Neal and Swanfire…
    I just wish the show and the poeple would return to focus on Emma/Regina/Snow, Rumple and parents/children relationships. Those things for me are what made OUAT amazing in the first season and in a lot of S2 and S3 episodes.

Comment by Pnico (@supernana494) – October 28, 2013 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sort of confused why this was promo’d as a ‘Captain Swan’ episode with the climax spoiled yet the entire thing seemed to be about developing genuine relationships between Hook/Charming and Emma/Regina. Shouldn’t Hook and Emma be bonding if they’re going to continue with forcing that ship?
    Snow being held back by Emma was the most powerful scene, but it was a little ridiculous considering Snow gets out her WEAPON every episode and is willing to shoot it at people. And we know she’s willing to take risks where people get killed if her wants are at the end of it, so what was the issue?

Comment by courts – October 28, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hook and Emma FTW! I love them together. Neal Schmeal.

Comment by TobyG. – October 28, 2013 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t care for Hook’s back story. I don’t think it truly developed how he became the “Notorious” Captain Hook. Neither did it delve into his legendary relationship with Pan, and how they became such enemies.
    Otherwise, I did enjoy Hook’s manipulation of Charming for Emma’s sake. The kiss was OK. I enjoyed seeing Emma and Regina working together – ripping out the heart was genius. Now, to see whether Henry falls prey to Pan machinations or whether he bides his time until his family rescues him. Neverland is finally becoming interesting. I’d be happy if the rest of this season focused on the play between Pan vs. the field, but I know we’ll get thrown a few more back stories – which have been so unnecessary this season, IMO.
    Regina as Ursula? WTH?!! Fail. Just fail.

Comment by LaLa – October 28, 2013 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing Greg survived his shadow being ripped from him. Tink said there wasn’t much left of him to take anything or something along those lines but his body looked far from “nothing left” to me. I’m thinking he’s in the other cage!

Comment by Ash – October 28, 2013 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Captain Swan!!! No matter how many obstacles they have to endure, I will go down with this ship… On another note, has anyone ever wondered how Hook never seems to run out of rum? Maybe he magically has an endless supply of it in his satchel…;)

Comment by nocturne88 – October 28, 2013 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure how some think the mystery person in the cage could be Hook’s brother (have seen that idea posited on other sites as well) – he died on the ship, Hook wrapped his body and into the ocean it went – unless you are going to tell me Pan magically scooped up the body (or Ariel or Ursula?) and brought it back to life and hid it in a cage?!!

Love Emma and Hook together. Hate Emma and Neil together. Neil can hook up (ha!) with someone else – um – someone. Anxious to move the storyline along – and for Regina’s tattoo’d potential lover to appear so things can happen for her as well.

Comment by Kimmie – October 28, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They made it clear that Regina’s tattooed potential lover is Robin Hood. Which is what everyone was expecting anyways.

Comment by Anne – October 28, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay episode but not overly impressive. Hook’s motivation to become a pirate didn’t convince me at all. I still love Robbie Kay as Pan in both flashbacks and present day though. The first Henry scene with him engaging in the fight was great too. This is going to be such a good story for him. You can sense Pan winning him over bit by bit. It’ll be interesting to see how the message from his moms is going to affect him in the long run. Not sure how to read his reaction to that this week.
    I’m glad this worked though. It was time for time to make a break like that and it was so nice to see the women getting stuff done. Not that Im in favor of Regina or Rumple ripping people’s hearts out, but the looks on Emma’s and Regina’s faces when they got to see Henry in Regina’s mirror made it worth it. I also liked that Emma sided with Regina on that one. Interesting story material and Regina later on making it a point that she was the one who did it and that it’s this kind of “dirty work” that she’s here for, almost excusing Emma, goes along with that. I’m not ashamed to admit that I wouldn’t have minded to see the three ladies working together on their own a little longer. Three of the most interesting characters and dynamics on the show right there.
    Also: Very satisfying to see Regina and Emma move on from “my son” to “we” and “our son”. It’s been a long time coming and the moment we finally got to hear it was very satisfying.

Comment by Louise – October 28, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOOOOOW SOOOOOO AMAZINGGGGGG!!!!! AND I LOVE JENNIFER MORRISON AND COLIN O’DONOGUE! BEST SHIP EVER >>>>3333

Comment by CAROL – October 28, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my favorites this season if not of all the seasons! Kay is killing it as Pan…Hook and Charming are fantastic together…Killian’s back story was heartbreaking and O’donoghue and Morrison steamed up my tv with that kiss so bad …I had to re-watch it a couple times, No but really the dynamic that’s been brewing between Hook and Emma since the get go has been one of my favorite developments on an already stellar show.

Comment by Lynn – October 28, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you look at the story TPTB are working on, we are about halfway through an 11 episode story arc. Next week (11/3, episode 6): Ariel, which seems to have a back story that involves Regina. The following week we get “The Dark Hallow” (11/10 – episode 7). This sounds like a good time to introduce The Shadow (voiced by Marilyn Manson). Episode 8 (11/17) – “Think Lovely Thoughts” is set for the introduction of Rumple’s father – and we learn just what happened to Rumple as a child, why he thinks his father is a coward, and probably the exact nature of Pan and Rumple’s relationship. That’s a lot to pack into one episode and I am going to guess that it takes them 2 episodes to get this story out. The intriguing thing here is we are looking at 4 generations of men – Rumple’s father, who we’ve been told is weak, Rumple, who made choices to avoid appearing weak like his father, Neal, who rebelled against Rumple’s dark side, and Henry, who “has the heart of the truest believer”. Interestingly, we’ve been told that Rumple was “raised by spinsters.” Neal’s mother abandoned him because she thought Rumple was weak, and Henry was given up for adoption and raised by Regina – who is essentially a spinster. I am getting the feeling that we are going to find out that Henry is a lot like Rumple as a boy. Because it is possible that Rumple also had the heart of the truest believer way back when.
    ———->
    Just what did Rumple’s father do to bring this curse on his family? And what role did Pan play in all of this? Is he continuously playing the same game over and over again with each generation or did it start with Rumple? And by tying all of these threads together lead to Rumple’s undoing? ———->
    I can’t wait for episode 10 & 11 to see how they pull these 4 men together.

Comment by GingerSnap – October 28, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t really “ship” anyone on this show, but that kiss was HOT. Though my opinion may be slightly skewed by the fact that I have a crush on the actor that plays Hook…

Comment by Babybop – October 28, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i loved this episode! The kiss between Emma and Hook was HOT. I really like the way Hook’s character is being developed this season – Hook is slowly but surely earning Emma and now Charmings trust – I just hope he doesn’t do something to ruin all his hard work! Also loved that Emma agreed with Regina to take out the lost boys heart – and when Emma held Snow back I was shocked – I just hope it doesn’t come back to bite them

Comment by Joan – October 29, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was the ship not the “Jewel of the Realm”?

Comment by Andy – October 29, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the episode. I liked when Hook introduced himself for the first time to Pan. Pan is such a great character. I think Neal deserves to end up with Emma if you look back at his lonely adolescence. Hook can always finds another one.

Comment by Sara Arnoldi – October 29, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so many good points! Hook is more than he seems… layered and damaged. What? only Emma can have baggage and everyone has to deal with it? He buried Killian deep and Emma is bringing it out. I can totally see him working his way towards being an honorable man again… doesnt mean he has to shave and lose the leather. wink wink.
    Neal is not for Emma… they had their time but are not each others’ ‘True Love.’ He didnt know she was pregnant and he did what he thought he had to do by leaving her… and I can see him moving on. But if he really had a flame burning… no way he brought his fiance to Storybrook… not happening – even if sub consciously. And no way did he acting like he needed to be with her once he came back to SB.
    As for those of you who thought Hook extorted that kiss… PLEASSSSEEEE! They have this banter from the start. Hook has centuries of a less than happy existence. I am sure he has learned that you dont get want you want by sitting around waiting… take a shot and see what happens. I think this was more of a pleasant surprise then an expectation. Any way – who could have resisted that cute hint… ADORABLE.
    And yes… that was one of the best kisses on TV. Cute, passionate, and you can tell BOTH characters felt it.
    I can deal with a brief SwainFire so they go through the motions of trying for Henry… but I will be super disappointed if Hook last man standing…

Comment by Jenny – October 30, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was supposed to be ‘ISNT’… i know i know… proof proof proof. sorry

Comment by Jenny – October 30, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post