Exclusive

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland Exclusive: Whoopi Goldberg Cast as [Spoiler]'s Wife

Wonderland Cast Whoopi GoldbergOnce Upon a Time in Wonderland fans will soon be privy to the view from the White Rabbit’s missus, when Whoopi Goldberg brings the OCD bunny’s wife to life.

TVLIne has learned exclusively that the comedienne/actress/talk show cohost will guest-voice Mrs. Rabbit in the freshman ABC drama’s eighth episode, in both the current storyline and a flashback to the furry-footed fella’s past.

RELATED | Get Scoop on a Lost Reunion in Wonderland

Series regular John Lithgow (Third Rock from the Sun) voices the White Rabbit, while Wonderland’s other voice cast includes rocker Iggy Pop (as the hookah-smoking caterpillar) and The Cape’s Keith David (as Cheshire Cat).

PHOTOS | Once Upon a Time Character Travels to Wonderland to Expose The Knave’s Mysterious History

Goldberg’s previous voice work includes the Disney products The Lion King (as the hyena Shenzi) and Toy Story 3 (the rubbery octopus Stretch), and Captain Planet and the Planeteers (Gaia).

Wonderland airs Thursdays at 8/7c.

1. Rob says:

Love this news! And it seems to be a good sign, as far as ABC at least allowing the series to do its full one-season arc, given Whoopi’s a big name, and episode 8 is still over 6 weeks away, what with it taking off next week for Halloween.

2. WayneInNYC says:

Why are they calling it a “Freshman Drama.” I thought it was to be a one-season miniseries…

• ben says:

@Wayne – the one season is to be a complete story without the need for another season. However, ABC was unwilling to simply guarantee it would be left at that. If the ratings had been good, I guess they would have sought a further season. The ratings won’t justify a second season, but the good news is that ABC would be well justified in simply letting the first run its cause.

3. Gerald says:

This just seems desperate to be honest….

4. EJ says:

She would have been perfect as the Cheshire Cat, though.

5. Cory says:

A reason for me to watch… thus far this spin-off has been a let down. After OUAT… I expected so much more, but the villains are laughable, Alice is annoying, and the story so far is weak. The mother-show came out swinging with more punches and greater impact than the world’s best boxing match…. This show at the moment could barely fight its way out of a wet paper bag. Wonderland is anything but wonderful.

• gdv says:

It’s only 2 episodes in—give it a break! I quite enjoy it. I wish it were a shade or two darker in tone, but it’s still not a bad show by any means.

• Cory says:

That’s the thing…. the mother-show, first episode… amazingly captivating, I found myself wanting more and with each following episode, they kicked it up a notch. Two episodes into the mother-show I was hooked… Two-episodes into Wonderland and the only reason I watch it is to wait and see if it gets better… plus there is nothing better on before Grey’s Anatomy…

6. Scott says:

If the eighth episode even gets filmed the show will be off air well before then. It might make it into summer fill-in territory as originally planned though. Bit of a pity really – I quite like the show, although that’s largely because of the Knave.

7. Brock says:

The title says spoiler’s wife, but the picture and the front page’s opening paragraph show/tell you who it is. I don’t think this is a big spoiler, but why bother putting a spoiler tag in the title if everything else is just going to spoil it? Seems redundant

8. Jake says:

Will it even make it past the eight episode. I have to say that they really don’t know how to get people interested right away, the pilot was not involving

9. abz says:

Matt, will we be seeing the Cheshire Cat again? I really enjoyed that scene in the premiere.

10. Kay Kaye says:

This is not good news. I like this show and really don’t want that unwashed whoopie anywhere near it.

11. I like this website very much so much fantastic information. “She refused to be bored chiefly because she wasnt boring.” by Zelda Fitzgerald.

12. SEO says:

I like to share understanding that I’ve accrued through the calendar year to help improve team overall
    performance.