Bones Wedding Post Mortem: EPs Talk Christine's Absence, Brennan's Original (and 'Unsuitable') Vows — Plus: New Big Bad's Moniker Revealed!

Bones Wedding EpisodeFirst comes love, then comes marriage, then comes… the burning questions!

With Booth and Brennan’s wedding now a piece of television history, Bones exec producers Hart Hanson and Stephen Nathan are dishing and telling about the ceremony’s biggest mysteries — including, but not limited to, Christine’s whereabouts, the popular alum they tried (and failed) to wrangle, Brennan’s original (unused) vows, and David Boreanaz’ surprising contribution to the script.

Plus, Hanson and Nathan tease a possible little brother or sister for little Christine, a long overdue showdown between Booth and Angela, and a Big Bad that may not have to be seen to be believed.

RELATED | Snap Bones Poll: What Grade Do You Give Booth and Brennan’s Wedding Episode?

TVLINE | How long did you know that the note from Season 2’s “Aliens in the Spaceship” would be used as Brennan’s vows?
HART HANSON: I actually wrote the note from that episode a gazillion years ago to sort of remind me to use it [in a future episode]. And when we discussed referencing it in the wedding episode, I dragged out the actual note and [realized] it was totally unsuitable for wedding vows. [Laughs] So they had to be completely rewritten.

TVLINE | What did the original note say?
HANSON | It was [Brennan telling Booth], “Don’t blame yourself if you didn’t get to me in time. I enjoyed working with you.” It didn’t lend itself to the poetry of wedding vows.

TVLINE | How much debate was there about what ultimately was written in that note?
HANSON | There wasn’t much debate. There was more debate about Booth‘s vows. I wrote something, and then David — who in his heart is a poetic guy — reminded me about something that gave us a whole different take. He said, “You know, we’re getting married in the exact spot where Brennan first chased down Booth [in the pilot] to say she could be one of his ducks.” And I thought, “That’s the way Booth would be, too — sort of literal and accidentally poetic at the same time.” So that came straight from David.

TVLINE | Why did you decide not to have a traditional church wedding?
STEPHEN NATHAN | We wanted to have our cake and eat it too. We did have them try to get married in a church, because it was something Brennan had already promised Booth. But we wanted to find some way to twist that, because nothing is easy on Bones. So we thought, “Eh, what the hell — we’ll burn the church down.”

TVLINE | Why wasn’t Christine in attendance?
HANSON | The twin girls playing Christine were there. They had a bad day. They were unhappy. And we just didn’t want to put the image of a crying child on the screen. And we also didn’t want to torture the child. That’s what happens when you have kid actors; some days are not good days.
NATHAN | Clearly Twitter will go, “Boo! Hart and Stephen are ass h—s and morons for not putting Christine in.” But, really, sometimes, there’s not much you can do. Life comes in and calls the shots.
HANSON | There was one gorgeous shot that never came to fruition. The idea was that little Christine was going to walk along and throw petals. And God bless [the twins’ wranglers] they tried and tried and tried… But there were a lot of strangers there and it was scary… And the cattle prod didn’t help. [Laughs]

TVLINE | Was there anyone you wanted back but couldn’t get?
HANSON | We really wanted Stephen Fry [aka Booth’s shrink Gordon Wyatt]. We really wanted Billy Gibbons [aka Angela’s dad]. We debated a ton whether or not to have Booth and Brennan’s siblings come. By the way, our [guest-actor] budget at this point was getting very, very high, so we did not get everyone we wanted.
NATHAN | It was such an expensive episode to do. We had to make some difficult choices.

TVLINE | Are we going to see Angela apologize to Booth for the way she treated him after he broke off his engagement to Brennan? Or did that take place off screen?
NATHAN | You will see that. That’s in the future. We didn’t want everything to be to [neatly tied up]. That’s going to drag out a little bit more. It’s a very complicated thing, and we found a way to do it that is more fun and more complex.
HANSON | There are a few things that usually happen before a wedding that didn’t happen before this wedding. But we will try and find a way to make them happen after the wedding.

TVLINE | Like a bachelorette party?
HANSON | Like a bachelorette party.
NATHAN | The wedding happened so quickly that Angela didn’t have time to plan a bachelorette party. So the [Nov. 11 episode] is the one where they have the party. And that brings up all the stuff between Booth, Angela and Brennan.

TVLINE | When is the bachelor party?
NATHAN | There is no bachelor party.

TVLINE | Looking further ahead, there’s another Big Bad on the horizon. When will we meet him/her?
HANSON | There’s a debate between our characters whether or not it’s a real Big Bad or just Pelant’s way to mess with their minds from the grave. Brennan believed Pelant, but it’s really hard to prove that there is actually a serial killer out there.
NATHAN | We’re writing the episode now where we deal with all of this. It’s the 10th episode. And also, we don’t know if we’ll [meet the killer] in that episode. Sometimes we don’t actually see the serial killer for a while. The working name for this serial killer is “The Ghost Killer.” Ghosts are pretty ephemeral.

TVLINE | What’s the next milestone for Booth and Brennan — divorce?
HANSON & NATHAN | [Laughs]
NATHAN | Maybe they’ll commit the perfect murder. They have so much experience now.
HANSON | Christine is growing up, so there will be milestones like going to pre-school. And we have to start talking about whether Christine should be an only child or not. I think they’ll have differing opinions on that.

Bones returns to Fox on Monday, Nov. 4 at 8/7c.

1. Babybop says:

I figured that’s why Christine didn’t show up! Though it’s kind of sad to think the original note just said “I enjoyed working with you”…

2. Connie says:

Was the wedding singer Cindy Lauper? She wasn’t in the credits as far as I could tell.

3. Salimah says:

The wedding was beautiful! I’ve been watching since season 1 so I still couldn’t believe that Booth and Brennan were actually getting married on my tv screen lol.
    The vows were beautiful and perfect!

and yes I definitely was wondering where little Christine was.

4. I understand babies and all. I have a sister in her terrible twos. I know if she played Christine, she’d NEVER be on the show. But I’m so sad she just wasn’t there. It’s like, “Did they just leave their daughter with a babysitter to get married or something?” It feels wrong :(

Also, Christine IS NOT an only child. She has a brother — and I say this as someone with three half-siblings who are much my siblings as if they were from both my parents. Argh, I hate when people don’t treat half-siblings as real siblings. They should have rephrased that to “if Booth and Brennan will want another child.” or something.

• Terry says:

Agreed! The decision for B & B is whether or not they want a 3rd child, dagnabbit!!!

• Gigi says:

Exactly!

• Alice says:

But Parker doesn’t live with them full time, right? So for Christine, she essentially lives as the only child in the house. Having a sibling that occasionally visits isn’t the same as a brother or sister you grow up with. That doesn’t make Parker any less Booth’s son or Christine’s brother, but she is essentially being raised as an only child at the moment- the sole focus of the parental attention. I could see Brennan pulling out studies on whether it is better for the child’s developmental blah blah blah to be raised with another child or not.

• frankie707 says:

Yes, and as well as the fact that Parker not only doesn’t live with the, he doesn’t live in the country so they see him much less than would be normal for half-siblings raised in different homes, but same city.

I think another major factor influencing viewing Christine as an only child is the large age difference. There are 9 years between my slightly younger sister, and our much younger brother (half-brother to be technical). And in many ways he is like an only child. I mean he’d never say he was an only child, but a much younger child is a very different experience than those who are closer in age and raised together.

But all of that aside; while Hart Hanson might have used only child in that statement, I really do believe that if/when it comes up on the show they will acknowledge that Booth does have another child and Christine isn’t an only. :)

• I’m twenty-three years older than my sister, who doesn’t live with me. She’s as much as my sister as my brother who lives with me full time and has lived with me my whole life, soo, yeah, this doesn’t fly with me. I’m assuming you don’t have half-siblings, right?

• Mar says:

Plus, Christine is Brennan’s only child.

• Janet says:

No, she isn’t! That’s the whole point of this. Parker is Brennan’s child too! Just because she didn’t give birth to him doesn’t mean he should be discounted. Aagh!

• Anita says:

I never understood people who think of birth children being different from spouse’s children. My grandson are with women with children, I still consider them my great grandchildren, no different. Sorry you feel that way Mar.

• Anita says:

Thanks for bringing that up. Too many people refer to kids as ” adopted” or “step”. They are all siblings, no matter who the original parents were. And I will just insert my own scenario for Christine: The kid was in the crowd somewhere in someones lap, asleep. The day was too long for her. I see that all the time in weddings.

• Linda Scott says:

I agree — my daughter has a half-brother, 2 half-sisters, 3 step sisters, but she is an only child. She thinks it is funny to say that, but loves them all as siblings.

• You know what’s funny? My sister and my brother are not even blood or otherwise related, because my sister is my dad’s daughter and my brother is my mom’s son, from after they divorced. They’re only related through me. But they call each other “brother and sister”, and consider each other as such. It’s the sweetest thing. <3

5. THAT was the original note?! im gonna pretend it wasnt. how boring. lol. (aka i’m glad it changed.)
    and i still think you could’ve had a doll being held by someone for a brief second just so people could think that Christine was there. but i understand about the little actresses.
    oh, and why was it a debate if the siblings should go? of course they shouldve! there shouldve been a line explaining why they weren’t there since they couldn’t afford them.

6. kajar says:

Christine was going to walk along and throw “petals”. Just sayin….

7. Ben says:

I’d still like to have some closure with either of their brothers. That being said, I loved the episode.

• Gigi says:

I know. Seriously, I would have been fine without a couple of interns in order to see their brothers. To me it was stranger that they weren’t there than Christine not being there.

• LSJ says:

I didn’t think so. The interns are part of Booth and Brennan’s everyday lives. We haven’t seen Jared or Russ in quiet a while. I think it would have been stranger not seeing some of the interns verses seeing family members we haven’t seen for a few seasons.

8. Meg says:

Um…I think Christine was supposed to throw petals, not pedals. Unless there’s a reason she would be throwing parts of a bicycle?

9. Marie says:

Well at least i have something to look forward too when i watch it on my dvr!! Thank God Christine wasn’t on the episode!! She and Pelant were the reasons why i stopped watching Bones in the first place 3 years ago, they ruined the show for me!! I am just watching this episode to say goodbye to once was my favorite tv show but then it turned to crap!! This is my last and finale episode of Bones I am watching!! Oh and Thanks for the memories of the good old days of Bones!!

• Aeol says:

Lol…if a sporadically appearing baby ruined this show for you, I’d say it’s best you’re moving on. :))

• Genie Fettig says:

No one said she wasn’t in the episode at all, so you’re in for a disappointment. She just wasn’t shown at the wedding. And wow, a baby ruined a while TV show for you? Amazing, since she isn’t even in every episode.

• WWP says:

Thank you. I also stopped watching when they drug in the whole baby thing just because the actress was knocked up in real life. Brennan doesn’t have the emotional capacity to raise a hamster, let along a human being. That coldness is what made her interesting. Once they mommyfied her, she was like every other boring mom on TV. This is a police drama, If I wanted to watch a show about the “joys” of parenthood, I’d watch Parenthood.

10. tp says:

Honestly I think Booth owes Angela an apology as well. This is one of the things that made me stop watching . Booth and Brennan say whatever and do whatever and never apologize for it. Angela gets defensive about her best friend being jerked around and she owes Booth an apology but he was rude as hell to her too.

The wedding was beautiful. Made me feel like I was really there. Now I’m trying to decide if I will continue to watch.

• Mari says:

What did Boothe say to Angela that crossed a line? Because Angela crossed some.

• tp says:

I wish I hadn’t deleted the previous episodes. What stands out in my mind right now was him being rude and hanging up in her face. (well whatever you call in when you video conference.) Angela was Brennan’s best friend before Booth was even around. I would be hella mad and probably say some nasty things too. All Angela could see is Booth broke her friends heart and possible damaged her from ever loving again.

• Mari says:

Angela was actively trying to undermine and end the relationship between Boothe and Brennen. That’s worth a hang-up–and frankly, all Boothe did was something Angela’s done on the show herself.

Boothe did not cheat. He did not abuse. He did not undermine Brennan professionally or personally. He simply said he wanted to hold off on a commitment step that until just that day Brennen herself didn’t believe in or want.

Angela’s response was inappropriate, nosy, and not her place. On top of that, it was hypocritical, considering Angela’s own relationship history–and Boothe was not threatening, or ugly to Angela. He asked her to stay out of it, and he removed himself from conversations with her when it moved on to topics unrelated to work. How else was he supposed to handle it?

Angela being upset that Brennan did not get what she wanted the minute she wanted it does not give Angela the right to act the way she did.

• Donna says:

Couldn’t agree more Mari!!!

• bountypeaches says:

Sorry I respectfully disagree:) Booth was the one that started off that video conference call by being unprofessionally rude about her capacity in work related topics and then asked her stop telling Brennan that he was lying to her. Well sorry to Booth, he was lying to Brennan. He didn’t want to but it was unfair for him to be upset that Angela was calling a spade a spade. After 3 months of breaking Brennan’s heart if Angela wasn’t honest with Brennan that she thought he could be lying then she wouldn’t be much of a friend. After 3 months of dishonesty, evasiveness, not coming home at night and not answering phone calls I would be telling my friend that she needed to protect herself too and not just take what he was dishing out. Her fling comment was a bit overboard but that is part and parcel of Angela’s character but it wasn’t entirely out of line. If that was my best friend I would have to wonder what the deal was with the guy. I wouldn’t say it in that way but I can’t expect everyone to react the same way I would.

• Amanda says:

Agree, I didn’t see Booth being rude to Angela by telling her to stay out of something that was between him and Brennan not him, Brennan and Angela.

• Appl says:

No, Angela was a colossal ass. Actually, she’s always been a colossal ass, she was just more so than usua — which I guess was a nice break from her being (a) the Office Skank or (b) The Office Expert in Everything — despite the fact she was originally a sketch artist she conveniently becomes the heretofore unknown expert for every plot device they didn’t want to hire a guest actor for.

11. buckyr64 says:

I loved the episode. Cyndi Lauper looked and sounded great. Just throwing a question to Mr. Hanson and Mr. Nathan or maybe TVLine could find out; how about a spin-off involving the Squinterns? They had a great change of pace episode before and again tonight I saw the chemistry between and I would watch their show weekly with maybe Sweets and another agent doing field work and Eugene Byrd the lead in the lab. I wonder what other people think about this idea…Mmmm?

12. taran63 says:

I’m glad they’re going to address the issue of Angela being a b*tch to Booth. I’m okay with them waiting to address it; I’m just happy they aren’t going to ignore it and pretend it never happened.

Also, they joke about Booth and Brennan committing the perfect murder. But under the right circumstances, I can see both of them being willing to murder someone and cover it up. That would be an awesome episode where you see the whole team struggling to solve a murder of some horrible person. There are comments about how even though the dead person was a monster, they still have to solve the murder, and at the end the team finally concludes it was a suicide, accidental, or natural causes. At then in the final scene, Booth and Brennan reveal to the audience that they killed him/her, and that they had a good reason for it.

13. Diane says:

I love this show and was so happy with this episode. Am I the only one, though, who was thrown off when Aldo announced them “MAN and wife” instead of “husband and wife?” Especially since Brennan made the distinction that she wasn’t property being exchanged or given away. I’d think she would say something about “man and wife.”

• purplestripes20 says:

OMG I thought about that too! I was all for Brennan’s comment on not being handled like property so I was waiting her to snap at that. But she didn’t. :(

14. Rob Jensen says:

Christine not being there occurred to me, too, but the way I figured it, the wedding was thrown together over the course of a work day and, moreover, occurred before sundown, so I figured that Christine not being there could be explained by her staying late at day care, to be picked up afterward by either Angela or Max. Especially if Bones & Booth use the same day care as Angela & Hodgins. Pelant is dead, so it’s not as if they have to be paranoid about anyone snatching Christine anymore.
    As for other recurring guest stars, the one that stuck out to me was the absence of Booth’s brother. Seems like everyone else that was missing could be explained away — Angela’s dad being on tour, Brennan’s brother has his own family.
    I do think that Daisy and Sweets both, like Max, would have bet on the wedding happening. Daisy isn’t just a romantic — she believes in melodrama, even when it’s artificially created and I think Sweets, while he’s more jaded these days, would just have faith in the team just somehow making it happen. I think that the possibility of Daisy and Sweets independently betting in favor of Bones & Booth getting married probably occurred to Hanson & Nathan, but they decided not to in order to not jump the gun on implying to the fans any possible reconciliation between the two that such like-minded between any pair of romantic interests on a show usually indicates.

15. Shaun says:

What about Booths brother?Is he out of touch that badly?

• Trini R. says:

Maybe he is back in India with his girlfriend (wife?) and incommunicado or tied up so he couldn’t make it. They should have made some quick comment about Jared and Russ. Maybe they still can!

16. cookiekirk says:

I was disappointed I wanted more flashbacks and more tender moments. And I wanted the wedding to go beyond the ceremony. Like the reception. When they discovered that that the author was Emily Browning I thought the episode would take a more romantic turn. I felt cheated. I had my wine ready and was ready to toast them but the show ended. Bummer.

17. BrendaLT says:

I am just wondering about the gift basket that wa shown at Booth and Bones home and then again being dropped off at the ift table at the wedding. Is this going to be significant or just a lead in to a new evil person?
    But the way totally miss Eric Millegan as Zack Addy. I heard a rumour about him possibly coming back for an episode,

18. Wow, awesome blog format! How lengthy have you ever been running a blog for?
    you made blogging look easy. The overall glance
    of your web site is magnificent, as neatly as the content material!

19. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article author for your weblog.
    You have some really good articles and I believe I would be
    a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link
    back to mine. Please send me an e-mail if interested.

Many thanks!

20. skrable2 says:

I thought the best shot of the episode was Hodgins leading the squints down the steps and toward the ceremony. Looked like the Magnificent Seven.

I know they couldn’t get everyone they wanted, but would a line of dialogue mentioning the brothers, Christine and Zach have been that troublesome to incorporate?

I love Cyndi Lauper. I love “At Last.” And it was the right nod to the fans as the song choice … BUT I’m so tired of hearing it on TV shows, commercials, in movies, etc. The last time it worked for me was in an ep of “Northern Exposure.”

21. Harri says:

Fantastic episode and so lovely to see, what a treat. I have watched Bones since episode 1 and it’s so incredible the journey they have come on. I remember season 1 and wanting them to kiss/ get together. Only had to wait 7 years ;) Fab episode, such a shame Christine wasn’t in it though, she would of been so cute as a flower girl. Maybe walking down the aisle holding Angela’s hand. Also booth’s bro and Russ.. shame they couldn’t make it, not that I liked Jared anyway. Stepehen Fry would of been epic but they did a great job. Thought their vows were just perfect :)

22. arial2 says:

I just sat back and enjoyed the wedding, then Cyndi Lauper started singing. I was amazed at how long she could hold the last notes of the song. She’s still got it! I was disappointed Stephen Fry and Luke Kleintank weren’t there, but I’d read they were not able to make it. Really sad someone didn’t find a way to smuggle Zac in to the ceremony, but Caroline would probably have had a heart attack…lol. Loved the squintern costumes.

23. suzi says:

I hate to say this,but i was a bit disappointed by the way the wedding played out.”Christine” was acting up? Improvise a line to explain her absence. As far as Russ and Jared, I cannot fathom why there should have been a moment’s debate about their attending, but at the least mention them. While the wedding itself was beautiful, I don’t believe for a minute that Angela could have pulled it off, and I don’t really feel she should have. The garden was a lovely idea, but the rest was too much, a simpler approach would have solidified the idea that their marriage was more important than the wedding. Her vows also rang false. The Brennan in that car would never have had those thoughts. I’m happy they are together, and I’m looking forward to the show as I as always have, but I wish I could have enjoyed this more.

• Stacey says:

The wedding happened on the fly. At the last minute. They had postponed the wedding. But Angela arranged something during that same workday, so Christine was probably with a sitter. And then when her parents go on their honeymoon; she’ll stay with Grandpa or Aunt Angela LOL. So I can buy that they didn’t go get Christine because everything was so last minute. And if the twins were having a off day, they couldn’t just change the script at the last minute. Since the way the wedding was shot; it was to the music of At Last then they had the vows. Not a lot speaking time except for Aldo, and Brennan LOL.

24. Tony says:

The only person I was really hoping would come back was Zack Addy…but maybe he can be the ‘Big Bad’ introduced this season, and then the show’s next season can be it’s final season, chasing down Zack.

25. Elyse says:

Christine isn’t an only child she has a half brother!

26. windy4292 says:

didn’t anyone realize that was Brennan’s real life hubby playing the priest at the beginning of the show!! and yes Parker is a sibling too, not just Christine and I get frustrated when people don’t mention that as well

• Chris says:

Exactly what was the purpose of having Hornsby in the ep? They could have used that screentime to show Christine playing with the rose petals instead, any shot of her at all, if she was having a bad acting day…. would have made more sense.

27. Dee says:

Overall a very enjoyable episode with a few holes as already mentioned, but the big glaring mistake is referencing Christine as an only child, poor Parks, not only doesn’t he get to grow up with his dad on a daily basis, he’s now a bystander in Christine’s life too. In this day and age of extended families and half brothers and sisters I’m sure the producers misspoke and rectify that soon.

• Stacey says:

I think they are talking in terms of Booth and Brennan’s own life. Yes Parker is her brother, Booth’s son and therefore a member of the family. But in terms of Booth and Brennan as a couple, the discussion will be whether she will be their “only” child. But in terms of the family, there are two children. One step child, and half brother…But then Castle also went there last night in their episode, making a reference to a potential future without seemly any mention of Alexis!

28. Ali says:

I am looking forward to the Booth/Angela showdown, she went way playing the bff card when she tried to plant ideas that Booth was having an affair. Apparently she never met Booth. Her actions have consequence too, sorta liking no scenes between them until their issues are resolved & liked how Booth still snipped at Angela a bit last night.

• Mari says:

Her behavior bothered me, too. Exactly what did Boothe do that was so terrible? He simply died not commit to marriage -which for much of their relationship Brennen herself didn’t want. Why is it a horrible thing when Boothe was not on the same relationship timetable?

Angela herself was in more than one relationship where she was the much less committed partner and she seemed to think that was okay. Hypocrite, anyone?

• Stacey says:

Actually Angela hasn’t been that bad. She was all up in terms of getting the wedding to go off. She made some comments in beginning to Booth in the premiere, but other than that she has pretty on board. But then she and Booth haven’t had many moments face to face. Could for a reason. Angela knows that she should apologize. Given the pain Brennan was in, Angela taking it out on Booth seems justified even if she should have known something was up.

29. Paige says:

The only problem I had with the otherwise fantastic episode was the absence and lack of explanation for the absence of Booth and Brennan’s brothers. I understand the budget was going over but not to even explain why neither were there. Siblings attend each other’s weddings whenever possible. Otherwise they might not speak to each other for 40 years, like my mother and her brother. Given that the episode was a comedy of disasters, how simple would it have been for Booth’s brother to have trouble with a flight and wasn’t going to arrive until the next day? Brennan’s brother could have had car trouble. It would be nice for both of them to show up in a later episode or be mentioned that they came late.

• Bridget says:

Agreed. A throwaway line in the dialogue that both acknowledged Russ & Jared’s existence and also explained their absences is all it would have taken. Personally, if having to choose because of budget issues, I would’ve preferred to see Jared there over Booth’s mom.

30. Flo says:

Brilliant episode!!! Vows made me cry and now I want to get my box set out and re watch from season 1. The whole when I try to sneak a peak at you you are already looking at me….awwwww and if you watch the last scenes at the end from the early days so true.
    I believe in one of the behind the scene clips that came out before the episode Brennan told the priest that her brother could not be there because of restrictions on his parole. That scene was obviously cut. Shame about baby Christine she was mentioned a few times in the episode though.

31. Pat says:

I loved the wedding and yes the vows made me cry. Cannot wait for November 4th when the show returns. I have followed this show since 2005 and I love all the characters who are still there, as well as the new ones.

32. CJ says:

I know this whole focus is on B & B and I loved the wedding. Wish they could have had Christine in it, hope they have another one :)

I would love to see Hodgins and Angela give michael vincent a sibling.

33. Shantell says:

I have watched Bones since Season 1. I’m very upset that Zach wasn’t there. Out of all the squints that came he was the one I was looking forward to seeing return. This wedding had it tear jerking moments, but not what I would have completely liked to have seen. Come on after 8 seasons it felt like it was just rushed, and not given as much time put into it. I feel a little let down with this episode.

• Jessica says:

I agree. I’ve watched religiously since the beginning & I really expected a little more to this wedding. I am not up to date on who writes for Bones anymore, but my reaction as just a viewer is that it seems like there is a change. There are a lot of story lines going on underneath that aren’t being recognized. It was just all of a sudden, Pelant is dead, yay! Let’s get hitched. I think they should’ve saved it for the mid season finale and gave the wedding the time it should’ve had.

34. Brenda says:

I think that the they should of put more detail into the wedding, with Bones getting ready for the day. The episode seemed rushed.

• Janet says:

I agree. I actually would have preferred it if there was no case to solve and just focused on the wedding.

• John 1138 says:

The challenge they have is this is a rather grizzly at times procedural and not Modern Bride: so they faced delivering an event episode that retained the criminal aspect that is their bread and butter.

35. Xinh says:

RE: couple’s siblings. Isn’t Jared in jail? And isn’t Russ working overseas? Unless I’m not remembering an episode that explained them being free and in the US, which is possible, given my bad memory.

36. Isn’t there someway you can get Zach Addy out of the looney bin? Medicine, shock therapy, etc. and back in the show, the King of the Lab needs to come back!! LOL…WE WANT ZACH, WE WANT ZACH, WE WANT ZACH!!!! A squintern spinoff would be great, but only with Zach in it too.

37. Kate says:

I was really hoping to see Zach :(

38. Jessica says:

I haven’t been reading all the news about Bones, so excuse me if I ask a question that has already been answered. What happened with Hodgens money since Pelant is now dead? Did he get it back? Or are they going to stay broke? I never saw a resolution to that in the series itself.

39. Angie says:

My only question… What was up with the gift basket???? Everything else I understand. I have a young daughter myself and I know several picture appointments we have had to reschedule because she decided to have a bad day. Overall loved it. Hated her hair-do though, but still loved it. ” I can be a duck!” lol definitely working that into my vows next month.

40. Trisha says:

I fell in love with “Bones” from day 1 and watching these two evolve and fall in love was awesome but to see them FINALLY get married…it was perfect!! Yes, I cried of course. I love both David and Emily. I think they are both amazing actors and the chemistry they have on set is truly perfect!! This is one of the best shows I have seen in a very long time. Thank you to the producers for creating this show and thank you to every single actor and actress that makes this show work and makes it such a success!!

41. Lois says:

Loved the wedding episode. It left me want more!! Looking forward to seeing B&B’s married life.
    So glad I got to see a picture of Christine in her dress…..little sweetie is she’s such a cutie.

42. pfoggy says:

I was glad the kid wasn’t there, it’s bad enough that little plot contrivance even exists in the first place.

43. Kaylin says:

I wish their siblings had been there. That was what I noticed missing at the wedding. I understand the budget getting too big, but let’s be real. I would have traded a few annoying squinterns for the bride & grooms brothers!

• Janet says:

ya, it’s funny, I wouldn’t want anyone I work with at my wedding, but I certainly would want my siblings there! I know, I know, it’s just a TV show, but still.

• John 1138 says:

Not me, for the screen reality they’re all more “family” than some seldom seen relatives.

44. I think the brothers should have been there, Christine could have been cut in from other scenes shot before doing anything, she did not have to be in the wedding. Why would Angela’s dad be there, he didn’t stay for her wedding and I don’t remember him ever meeting either Booth or Bones. I hope Parker is in more episodes. Zack has been gone a long time and not even mentioned in years. Glad Cyndi was there but I have never liked the song. Wish there had been less squinterns and more prewedding and a reception. I have watched since the first episode and will watch nomatter the day or time until the last.

45. Sara says:

I’m glad they didn’t force the girls to be in the episode. The mom in me really appreciates that.

46. Sara says:

I really wanted a Zack cameo, but I understand the budget thing.

47. phillip lacock says:

..just wait until a 6’6″ 300# bodybuilder shows up at Angies door..!

48. Sandy Holl says:

This was a fantastic episode!!! I can’t believe there are people out there who stopped watching the show because Emily got pregnant and they wrote it ito the show! They have shown a relationship between the characters from the beginning and I love that! My comment to the negative commenters is if you hate it so much quit watching and saying nasty stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49. Ana Rubio says:

Amazing, fantastic, awesome wedding. So touching vows. I LOVED IT! such a gift for the fnas, thank you

50. bountypeaches says:

Lovely episode…. loved the line about him looking at her whenever she tried to sneak a peek at him. It basically describes their entire relationship.