Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Video: Eleven Can't Run From 'The Day of the Doctor'

“The Day of the Doctor” is nearing, and to hype the momentous occasion, the BBC has released a tribute trailer and photo for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special, featuring all eleven Time Lords.

RELATED | Doctor Who Casts Peter Capaldi as Twelfth Doctor

“I fought for peace in a universe at war,” says the voice of current Doc Matt Smith. “Now the time has come to face the choices that I’ve made in the name of The Doctor. Our future depends on one single moment of one impossible day, the day I’ve been running from all my life.”

“The Day of the Doctor,” starring Smith, Jenna Louise-Coleman, David Tennant, Billie Piper and John Hurt, will be simultcast worldwide on Nov. 23.

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary

1. good that bbc finaly released something more than pics form the anniversary, and this trailer is awesome but I wanted a trailer from the episode itself ):

2. Damn says:

Cant wait!
    3 Doctors interacting with each other.
    Should be good.

• alistaircrane says:

John Hurt is not one of the Doctors. Trust.

• Auntie Ralph says:

You saw the final episode before the break right? The freaking show said, “Introducing John Hurt as The Doctor.” Granted you can argue since Smith is still the 11th this guy lost the name or something, but now you’re just arguing semantics.

• mike says:

I have been watching the DR for years. I have a video tape collection. There was the three doctors, the 5 doctors, and the 2 doctors. I hope that this is as good as some of those.

3. Gaara says:

“Just” a little more than a month to go.. Ok, I guess my only chance is to freeze myself until it comes out, like Cartman in South Park

4. Badpenny says:

I’m already starting to miss Matt, and I still have 1.5 episodes to go.

5. maggie says:

I can’t wait!

6. alistaircrane says:

I just cannot wait to see Rose and the Doctor again! They are my favourite sci-fi couple! Looking forward to this so hard.

7. I can’t wait see rose and 11th doctor interact because he loves her but so does the 10th doctor. And then he married river song.

• Gaara says:

Well, I love Nine-Ten/Rose as much as I love Eleven/River. I don’t see them in competition with each other. The fact that regeneration gives another face and another personality to the Doctor is a blessing for multi-shipping.

8. Kevin H. says:

This trailer got me re-excited for the 50th. Thanks for the DW coverage, Team TVLine! Hope to see more as Nov. 23rd gets closer.

9. Rob O'Brian says:

That rock formation he’s standing on at the end looks dangerous – someone should do something about that…!

10. Alan says:

lots of little things hidden in the trailer, really cool celebration of 50 years.

11. Shelli says:

I don’t think John Hurt`s the Dr.,but I believe the Master in Disguise as pretending to be 12th and after Dr.`s regenerations like in the old 1s. I heard they just casted Peter Capadi as play the 12th Dr., but he will shown up in the Christmas Special.

I got a funny feeling Clara will turn be to the 12th Dr.`s daughter. I don’t known, but I have a feeling about it. I have a theory that Tardis crashes in the earlier 90s after 11th regenerated and where he met Clara`s mom. I think he takes her mom whereever they go,but Clara`s mom dies, he gives up time travel and raise her on his own.

If John Hurt as 12th, maybe Clara`s 8th Dr. `s daughter and Peter Capadi is actaully an older of 8th. I remembered Dr. Who movie, Tardis did crashed in earlier 90s and 7th Dr. regenerated into the 8th. They haven`t explore 8th dr.`s adventures. I wonder 8th met Clara`s mom after that Dr. Grace lady and stays on earth to raising his daughter.

I don’t known it`ll play out.

• Alan says:

we’ve seen clara’s dad on screen
      peter capaldi is the 12th doctor.
      the tardis landed on new year’s eve 1999 in the eighth doctor movie.
      sorry all of your theories are wrong.

12. Jo says:

Oh my gosh. When you line them all up like that…. the noses. The noses, ya’ll. I know 11 is technically The Chin, but woah.

13. jamie says:

Yeah to the beebs for giving us a trailer but no show footage, boo! Unless of course they’re lying and its all from the episode and none of the exterior they filmed were used. I can’t imagine how those shots make sense in the plot that has been release. The time war wasn’t on earth.

14. Steve. says:

Here’s Hopeing The New Doctor Who Theme Tune C/d, By Mankind, Will be avalable at All Shops From the Release Date, 2013. and For Christmas, A Must For All Fans.

15. Alool says:

seriously I used to love ” Doctor Who ” because the actor was Matt Smith , Matt Smith is Amazing at ( Doctor Who ) I don’t know watching I feel I am in the story . And now they are going to have a twelve Doctor !!!