Once Upon a Time Enlists Goth Rocker Marilyn Manson to Voice Shadow

Get More: Casting News

Once Upon a Time Marilyn MansonOnce Upon a Time‘s soul-stealing Shadow is getting a voice: Marilyn Manson.

The rocker will give life to the mysterious Neverland character, Rolling Stone reports.

PHOTOS | Once Upon a Time Season 3 Spoilers — Rumple Meets Peter Pan

“We’ve always been enormous fans of Marilyn Manson,” executive producers Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz tell the magazine. “We wanted to cast someone with the vocal ability to make our skin crawl.”

Manson will make his Once debut in a November episode.

Comments (15)

• well, this comes…..unexpected.

“What are these powers of yours ?”
    “THIIIIIISSSS IISSSSS TTTHHHEEE NNNNEEEEWWW SHHHHH****TTTT”

Comment by mac – October 18, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LMAO! I almost spit out my pumpkin latte all over my keyboard after reading this.

Comment by Hodan – October 19, 2013 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow… about the last person i would have thought they would pick. But i think he will do a great job . I saw his band twice in concert and they were awesome.

Comment by ollie – October 18, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Friggen awesome!! I love OUAT and I love him. What a great idea

Comment by Liz – October 18, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He did voice work for the character “Edgar” central alien character in the PlayStation 2 game Area 51 and I have to say he was pretty badass. I have no doubt he will be just as awesome in this role. Though I am even more curious now as to how or why the shadow will be speaking… the plot thickens!

Comment by Cory – October 18, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super excited about this! Should be awesome.

Comment by Aly – October 18, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is just freaking wonderful!!!

Comment by Lorena – October 18, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As odd of a choice as this is, and with the way Neverland is turning out to be, I believe this is excellent casting. Good job.

Comment by lll – October 18, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scary! Marilyn Manson is evil!

Comment by alistaircrane – October 18, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited about this! He is perfect for the role. From a marketing prospective this is one way for Once Upon a Time to increase their fanbase.

Comment by AMCPress – October 18, 2013 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He will fit right in. One word to describe him—-” CREEPY” !

Comment by Pat – October 19, 2013 03:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait- the shadow can talk? It couldn’t tell the difference between a child and a fully-grown man, how is it sentient?

Comment by Alice – October 19, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They didn’t claim the shadow was smart…

Comment by Sheila – October 19, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they explain what the Shadow is. Is it its own entity or is it Peter’s actual shadow who does Peter’s bidding?

Comment by Mikael – October 21, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe its enslaved by Pan. They defeat Pan by getting him eaten by his own shadow.

Comment by Alice – October 21, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post