CBS' Mom, The Millers and The Crazy Ones Get Full-Season Orders

the millers cbsDysfunctional families for the win!: CBS has handed full-season pickups to its comedies Mom, The Millers and The Crazy Ones.

The “back nine” orders will bring each sitcom’s total Season 1 episode number to 22.

RELATEDAgents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Gets Full-Season Order

Mom, starring Anna Faris and Allison Janney, averages 7.98 million viewers and a 2.6 rating in the 18-49 demo. The Robin Williams/Sarah Michelle Gellar advertising comedy Crazy Ones is the season’s top comedy (13.7 million/3.6), while Will Arnett’s divorce farce The Millers nabs 12.4 million viewers and a 3.2 demo rating.

1. megan says:

Awesome news! Have really been enjoying Mom.

Is The Crazy Ones any good? Been thinking about tuning in.

• Babar says:

I find The Crazy Ones hilarious. You should give it a shot.

• trainwreck says:

you can’t really go wrong with Robin Williams and SMG! It’s my favorite new comedy this season!

• liz says:

I’m honestly kind of surprised about The Crazy Ones. I hadn’t expected it to be good (and I’m a FAN of Robin Williams and SMG) but its actually really good. Its funny and incredibly heartwarming. Definitely worth checking out

• DL says:

I’m loving The Crazy Ones. The whole cast is great, and it gets funnier by the episode.

• name du jour says:

The Crazy Ones is so bad that whenever I see people praising it in comments sections I wonder if they’re being paid off.

• Mel says:

Love your comment. My sentiments exactly. I watched the first two episodes, and didn’t like them, and had forgotten to delete the season pass from my DVR Since episode 3 had already recorded, I thought I’d give it another chance. I was watching the” SMJ going to Hawaii on forced “lesbian” vacation” episode and literally 15 minutes in I had to turn it off as I was so enraged at how boring and stupid it was, and was even more angry at myself for wasting another 15 minutes of my life on that insipid drek. Sorry to those who like it, but OMG it is so freakin’ bad!

• trainwreck says:

nope – not paid a single penny yet still LOVE LOVE LOVE the show! (although i wouldn’t say NO to a paid endorsement either – but this show is too good on its own to require one!)

• Jorge says:

I agree 100% Robin Williams is no longer funny.

2. C says:

Happy about “The Crazy Ones”. It’s starting to gel and Amanda Setton was particularly hilarious last night.

3. Elyse says:

loving The Crazy Ones!!!! :)

4. Eric says:

Yay! The Crazy Ones!!!

5. Anthony says:

I was surprised by how much I’m enjoying Mom. It’s actually really funny and worth catching!

6. Elizabeth says:

I just quit watching the Crazy Ones. Love the cast, but hate the situations/script. I also love the cast of The Millers and it is slowly growing on me, but still not sure. However, Mom has definitely grown on me since the second episode. Glad they are giving them a shot because all have great casts.

• Mel says:

ITA, I watched two episodes of The Crazy Ones, but thought the story lines were less than engaging. Plus I have never been a big Robin Williams fan; he kinda gets on my nerves, and does not disappoint in this show either. SMG is just not enough to keep me watching. I’m think Mom is cute, and will watch. But I think Margo Martindale could do better than The Millers; however, I will give that a little more time as I don’t actively dislike anyone on that show.

7. Joe says:

Good I watch all three , and I enjoy them

8. lisa says:

Tried the Millers, watched pilot but couldn’t finish the 2nd episode which was disappointing due to high expecations due to the cast

9. Dylan says:

Happy for them. All three have stellar casts and I’m enjoying each of the shows. But the question is – what happens to the mid-season shows? CBS’s schedule is packed tight with all shows having full seasons airing until May. They have Intelligence already scheduled to premiere in February in Hostages slot but they have three other show (Reckless, Bad Teacher, and Friends with Better Lives) so how will any of these shows fit?

• Joe says:

How I met your mother has a shorten final season so they got room to run something in the spring before may

• Dylan says:

I looked around and HIMYM series co-creator confirmed HIMYM will have a regular full 24 episodes season, it won’t be shortened.

• Babar says:

Where did you learn that from?

• Scott says:

No, it’s a full season and because it’s the final season CBS will almost definitely keep the series finale, where Ted is expected to actually meet the mother (if not before), for May sweeps. Nothing is replacing the HIMYM juggernaut this season.

• johnhelvete says:

Reckless could go on Sundays at the end of April and run into the summer. TGW ended last season at the end of April and with the lower ratings for The Mentalist this season, perhaps CBS could have both shows end at the end of April, which would mean fewer repeats. Bad Teacher is a comedy and I am pretty sure that FWBL is as well, I would suggest the same thing, fewer repeats of current shows and premiering the two sitcoms at the end of April and running them into summer. Doubt that any of the three shows have much chance of renewal even if they air earlier.

10. MujerdeFuego says:

Have not seen an episode of “Mom” yet, but plan to view, it’s in my que. The HN and I watch “The Millers” and “The Crazy Ones”, enjoy them both. Great to hear!

• Delirious says:

I think I’m going against everyone here… I prefer Mom to Crazy Ones, tbh. Faris + Janney make a great duo, and the supporting cast is quite enjoyable as well (Faris’ son in the show can become quite priceless). But regardless, I’m happy all 3 shows have been given full season orders!

11. Ashley says:

Glad to hear about “The Crazy Ones” – it seems to be finding its footing quite nicely.

12. David says:

Mom is really good. I didn’t like the pilot for Millers but it’s grown on me. Crazy Ones is solid too. I tried the Michael J Fox show and thought it was really bad. Welcome to the family is really good but I feel like it’s going to get cancelled.

• Kim says:

Agree 100%. I love Welcome to the family. I tried Michael J Fox show for 3 episodes and I just couldn’t get into it so no more for me. Mom is really funny and I am liking the Crazy Ones. Tried the Millers but couldn’t get thru the pilot and deleted it from my season pass recordings.

• Zach says:

Last night was the best episode of The MJF Show so far. Very Arrested Development-esque.

13. Tran 2.0 says:

Hope The Millers gets canceled after one season “tops”. :-(

14. Eric says:

Very happy about The Crazy Ones, I love that show! Congrats to the fans of the other two, but I’m kind of neutral about them.

15. liz says:

Great for Mom and Crazy Ones. I’ll watch Allison Janney in anything lol

• Darrell Cobb says:

Yes, Janney and Faris plus excellent writing and supporting cast are turning Mom into one my very favorite shows on TV. The Millers is a one trick pony show that has potential, but I can take it or leave it at this point. And The Crazy Ones — sheesh, why not just drop Robin Williams from the cast and let the others carry the show? When he’s not on screen the show is actually watchable. When his character is prominent to the plot, the show is weak, weak, weak. Robin Williams is just playing Robin Williams. His manic delivery is grating on the nerves and his character would NEVER be successful in a business environment like advertising. I don’t care if I never see that show again.

16. Babybop says:

Yay for Mom! I know Crazy Ones is good, but I have no time to watch it. College has to come before TV, unfortunately…

17. bravefaceon says:

I don’t care about the others but I’am so happy about The Crazy One’s. My favorite new series so far.

18. Joey says:

So happy about The Crazy Ones getting a full season.

19. Joey says:

Was kind of hoping they’d cancel The Millers. Margo Martindale belongs on The Americans full time.

20. TV God says:

I love Mom, I really like The Millers, and I don’t care for The Crazy Ones. I want to like it, but I can’t. :/

21. Rich Abey says:

Go Crazy Ones! Love the show.

22. DavidSask says:

Sad people will watch ANYTHING following a hit show as all these shows are awful! Learn to change the channel to give proper show some ratings and do anything else for that half hour!!!

• Zoe says:

You know, you could have just said “I dislike these shows”, It’s pretty obvious from the comments that people really like The Crazy Ones and Mom. There’s no need to insult people’s intelligence.

• ddutchie88 says:

she was obviously talking about The Millers, which airs after TV’s biggest hit The Big Bang Theory.

that said. I love Mom! Surprisingly turned out to be my fave of the season. TCO is pretty good too :)

23. Mikael says:

I tried to watch Crazy Ones because I’m a big SMG fan, but I couldn’t get into it. But for the people who do like it, I’m happy it got a full season.

24. IC says:

I love Mom :-) That show makes me laugh like a crazy person

25. vp19 says:

Glad “Mom” is getting a full season; Anna Faris is delightful and has great chemistry with Allison Janney, and Chuck Lorre, Nick Bakay and company know what they’re doing (though some of the restaurant characters frankly are more silly than funny). I was worried that CBS wasn’t giving it the same love as its Thursday night sitcoms. Thankfully, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

26. windy4292 says:

The Millers is absolutely painful to try and watch..what a waste of Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges…tried again last night and turned the channel, some stupid story about a bird that had Martindale overacting like crazy..does she really need that paycheck that badly..awful awful show..

• mk says:

Windy4292 – I am with you, but I didn’t make it to this week, I turned The Millers off in the middle of the show LAST week, something about Beau Bridges needing a hair cut and getting poked in the eye with finger scissors. Sheesh! Anyway I agree Margo Martindale is a great dramatic actress (she was so delicious on Justified) and she is being completely wasted in this poorly written excuse for a comedy. She and Beau Bridges are so much better than this crap. Who’s watching this stuff? More importantly, who gave this the green light? (sorry to those who like this show, kinda…)

• Fred says:

Yep, I’m with you both. Love most of the cast – the sister and husband are weak though – but above all it is just not funny. Laboured dull jokes. Cringy stereotypes. Expected to like, worked really hard to watch, couldn’t take anymore after the fourth episode. Ditched from PVR.

• Pat Baker, Jr. says:

Suggest you give “The Millers” another opportunity. I find it well-written, extremely funny and entertaing. In my book, Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges can do no wrong. Do us all a favor and watch it just one more time. OK?

27. Habibi says:

Enjoyed examining this, very good stuff, appreciate it. “A man does not die of love or his liver or even of old age he dies of being a man.” by Percival Arland Ussher.

28. Habibi says:

I like this web site it’s a master piece! Glad I found this on google.