Brooklyn Nine-Nine Scores Touchdown, Snags Full-Season Pick-Up and Post-Super Bowl Berth

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Full Season OrderBrooklyn Nine-Nine received a double dose of good news Friday.

Not only did Fox pick up the Andy Samberg-fronted police satire for a full season, but the network announced that the rookie series will join New Girl in a “special one-hour comedy event” after Super Bowl XLVIII on Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014.

RELATED | NBC Cancels Two Series, Sets Community Return

The police satire, starring Samberg, Terry Crews and Andre Braugher, drew a solid 6 million viewers and a 2.5 demo rating in its debut last month.

“It’s exciting to see that both critics and fans love Brooklyn Nine-Nine as much as we do,” said Fox prez Kevin Reilly. “With Andy and Andre out in front of this incredible ensemble, it feels like this show is going to be around for a long time.”

1. Philipp says:

YES! Amazing news, it’s my favorite new show of the season!!!

2. MM says:

Wonderful news for a show that has lost almost half of its ad 18-49 rating.

3. Zach says:

YES! I love this show.

4. Apples says:

Great, one of the few new shows I like this year. Love Andre Braugher’s character especially.

5. Austin says:

With that being said from Kevin Reilly, there is no way this show is being cancelled. As I predicted, it will be renewed.

6. murley says:

Awesome!! My favorite new comedy this season and I feel like it will only get better and better, just like Parks and Rec. Yay!

7. Jake says:

Hopefully Brooklyn 99 will be the first half of the Super Bowl comedy hour. New Girl is quickly hitting its expiration date

• S. says:

Yeah, I watch New Girl and I’m getting rather frustrated. That last Nick/Jess plot was a hot mess. The concept could’ve been great. I don’t wanna give up on them though. So many talented people work on it that I want to believe it’ll get back on track. I guess I get why The Mindy Project wasn’t included in the comedy block post-Super Bowl. Brooklyn Nine Nine is probably first, hoping to hang onto the guy audience and then New Girl isn’t quite as girly as ‘Mindy’ plus ratings help for New Girl might lead to help for Mindy anyway.

• wjrxyz says:

DVR the new girl and the first season was ok. Second season was bad. The third season has now been removed from the DVR. BNN is still on the DVR.

8. Boiler says:

Surprised but great for the show. Like it!!

9. Eric says:

Awesome! It makes me so happy that FOX actually seems to want to make this show work. I really hope it’s ratings remain okay, I’ve been enjoying it a lot.

10. Ron says:

Huzzah! So excited for this news. I feel like so many more people would actually watch this show if FOX didn’t schedule it after that drivel (which is too polite a word) that is ‘Dads.’ Really, who thought ‘Dads’ would be a good lead-in? Hell, who thought ‘Dads’ would be a good idea to green light period?!?!

11. Joey says:

Great news. Great and funny show.

12. Maya says:

I am so happy about this news. One of my favorite shows of this season

13. JM says:

Fantastic! Love this show!

14. sabrina says:

Great news.

15. Tran 2.0 says:

Hope Dads won’t get a full season pick up soon even though they already ordered additional scripts by Fox.

16. Superhero says:

Good news. It’s not perfect, but it’s definitely the best new network show of the fall, and there’s a lot of potential for creative growth.

17. CJ says:

Yes! I am very pleased. It’s definitely my favorite new comedy of the season.

18. Chelisa says:

I’m loving this! Honestly, I don’t know why I chose to watch this show, since I’ve never been a huge Andy Samberg fan, but I ended up loving it! And it’s progressively gotten better. One of the few shows that makes me actually laugh out loud. So, kudos!

19. Babybop says:

Very happy! But Gina has either got to get less annoying, or get booted off the show altogether.

20. Leah says:

Yes! This makes me very happy. This is definitely my new favorite show this season. Its hysterical.

21. NJD says:

I hope the ratings go up after the SB. In my opinion it’s the best new comedy of the season so far.

22. MB says:

What a joke. Andy is a douche.

23. Lauren says:

So happy about this! It feels like they are getting behind it and supporting it because of the quality. Easily my favourite new comedy, possibly my favourite new show.

24. A says:

I’m not the biggest fan of B99, but Dads is the WORST! I hope that hideosity gets canceled; tried to like it for the cast but no go. I’m a little disappointed that Mindy didn’t get its regular slot for the SB. My FAVE on Fox, that show is hilarious & has REALLY amped it up & tightened everything about it during the 2nd season; the last 2 episodes were LOL funny. B99 can stay as long as Mindy doesn’t go in its place. :(

25. THE TRUTH says:

MAJOR FAIL!!!

26. Rich Buzzeo says:

Dam it guys were talking Brooklyn and the first perps they collar are white.Give me a break

27. Tim says:

All I can say is BNN better air first. Not only has NG taken a huge dive in quality this year (well, last year, to be honest), but it’s not compatible with the Super Bowl audience whatsoever.

28. Kasper says:

I just binge-watched the first five episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and man is this show awesome. Best new comedy in years!

29. Rich Abey says:

Oh God not another Brooklyn-whatever! Haven’t we had enough of cop shows already? Plus having watched the first 2 episodes, it looks alarmingly like a passable imitation of the superb ‘Castle’…minus the male-female lead dynamic. Looking at the pitiful copycat shows that are getting full seasons and renewals, we all wonder “Why in the world did Firefly (one of the most awesome, revolutionizing sci-fi shows in decades, get cancelled after only half a season?”. God only knows what’s sometimes wrong with the TV industry!

30. LGreen says:

Reblogged this on GREEN TV and commented:
    Great news! My favorite new show of the season!

31. Shifty says:

Brooklyn Nine Nine is hands-down the funniest new show this fall. So glad we’ll get a whole season!