Brooklyn Nine-Nine Scores Touchdown, Snags Full-Season Pick-Up and Post-Super Bowl Berth

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Full Season OrderBrooklyn Nine-Nine received a double dose of good news Friday.

Not only did Fox pick up the Andy Samberg-fronted police satire for a full season, but the network announced that the rookie series will join New Girl in a “special one-hour comedy event” after Super Bowl XLVIII on Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014.

RELATED | NBC Cancels Two Series, Sets Community Return

The police satire, starring Samberg, Terry Crews and Andre Braugher, drew a solid 6 million viewers and a 2.5 demo rating in its debut last month.

“It’s exciting to see that both critics and fans love Brooklyn Nine-Nine as much as we do,” said Fox prez Kevin Reilly. “With Andy and Andre out in front of this incredible ensemble, it feels like this show is going to be around for a long time.”

Comments (35)

• YES! Amazing news, it’s my favorite new show of the season!!!

Comment by Philipp – October 18, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonderful news for a show that has lost almost half of its ad 18-49 rating.

Comment by MM – October 18, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! I love this show.

Comment by Zach – October 18, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great, one of the few new shows I like this year. Love Andre Braugher’s character especially.

Comment by Apples – October 18, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With that being said from Kevin Reilly, there is no way this show is being cancelled. As I predicted, it will be renewed.

Comment by Austin – October 18, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!! My favorite new comedy this season and I feel like it will only get better and better, just like Parks and Rec. Yay!

Comment by murley – October 18, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully Brooklyn 99 will be the first half of the Super Bowl comedy hour. New Girl is quickly hitting its expiration date

Comment by Jake – October 18, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I watch New Girl and I’m getting rather frustrated. That last Nick/Jess plot was a hot mess. The concept could’ve been great. I don’t wanna give up on them though. So many talented people work on it that I want to believe it’ll get back on track. I guess I get why The Mindy Project wasn’t included in the comedy block post-Super Bowl. Brooklyn Nine Nine is probably first, hoping to hang onto the guy audience and then New Girl isn’t quite as girly as ‘Mindy’ plus ratings help for New Girl might lead to help for Mindy anyway.

Comment by S. – October 18, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • DVR the new girl and the first season was ok. Second season was bad. The third season has now been removed from the DVR. BNN is still on the DVR.

Comment by wjrxyz – October 18, 2013 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprised but great for the show. Like it!!

Comment by Boiler – October 18, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! It makes me so happy that FOX actually seems to want to make this show work. I really hope it’s ratings remain okay, I’ve been enjoying it a lot.

Comment by Eric – October 18, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huzzah! So excited for this news. I feel like so many more people would actually watch this show if FOX didn’t schedule it after that drivel (which is too polite a word) that is ‘Dads.’ Really, who thought ‘Dads’ would be a good lead-in? Hell, who thought ‘Dads’ would be a good idea to green light period?!?!

Comment by Ron – October 18, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. Great and funny show.

Comment by Joey – October 18, 2013 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy about this news. One of my favorite shows of this season

Comment by Maya – October 18, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic! Love this show!

Comment by JM – October 18, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news.

Comment by sabrina – October 18, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope Dads won’t get a full season pick up soon even though they already ordered additional scripts by Fox.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – October 18, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news. It’s not perfect, but it’s definitely the best new network show of the fall, and there’s a lot of potential for creative growth.

Comment by Superhero – October 18, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I am very pleased. It’s definitely my favorite new comedy of the season.

Comment by CJ – October 18, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m loving this! Honestly, I don’t know why I chose to watch this show, since I’ve never been a huge Andy Samberg fan, but I ended up loving it! And it’s progressively gotten better. One of the few shows that makes me actually laugh out loud. So, kudos!

Comment by Chelisa – October 18, 2013 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy! But Gina has either got to get less annoying, or get booted off the show altogether.

Comment by Babybop – October 18, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way! Gina is great!

Comment by Ty – October 19, 2013 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! This makes me very happy. This is definitely my new favorite show this season. Its hysterical.

Comment by Leah – October 18, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope the ratings go up after the SB. In my opinion it’s the best new comedy of the season so far.

Comment by NJD – October 18, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a joke. Andy is a douche.

Comment by MB – October 18, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy about this! It feels like they are getting behind it and supporting it because of the quality. Easily my favourite new comedy, possibly my favourite new show.

Comment by Lauren – October 18, 2013 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Linds (@Lwass007) – October 18, 2013 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not the biggest fan of B99, but Dads is the WORST! I hope that hideosity gets canceled; tried to like it for the cast but no go. I’m a little disappointed that Mindy didn’t get its regular slot for the SB. My FAVE on Fox, that show is hilarious & has REALLY amped it up & tightened everything about it during the 2nd season; the last 2 episodes were LOL funny. B99 can stay as long as Mindy doesn’t go in its place. :(

Comment by A – October 18, 2013 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MAJOR FAIL!!!

Comment by THE TRUTH – October 18, 2013 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dam it guys were talking Brooklyn and the first perps they collar are white.Give me a break

Comment by Rich Buzzeo – October 19, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I can say is BNN better air first. Not only has NG taken a huge dive in quality this year (well, last year, to be honest), but it’s not compatible with the Super Bowl audience whatsoever.

Comment by Tim – October 19, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just binge-watched the first five episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and man is this show awesome. Best new comedy in years!

Comment by Kasper – October 19, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh God not another Brooklyn-whatever! Haven’t we had enough of cop shows already? Plus having watched the first 2 episodes, it looks alarmingly like a passable imitation of the superb ‘Castle’…minus the male-female lead dynamic. Looking at the pitiful copycat shows that are getting full seasons and renewals, we all wonder “Why in the world did Firefly (one of the most awesome, revolutionizing sci-fi shows in decades, get cancelled after only half a season?”. God only knows what’s sometimes wrong with the TV industry!

Comment by Rich Abey – October 19, 2013 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on GREEN TV and commented:
    Great news! My favorite new show of the season!

Comment by LGreen – October 20, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooklyn Nine Nine is hands-down the funniest new show this fall. So glad we’ll get a whole season!

Comment by Shifty – October 20, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post