Walking Dead Exclusive: Who's 'Infected' Now?

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

Since we saw what became of Patrick in the season premiere of The Walking Dead, it’s no surprise that this week’s installment is titled “Infected.” But is the white Urkel the only new case of walkeritis to strike the prison? This pair of exclusive images from episode 2 (Sunday,  9/8c on AMC) may offer up some clues.

PHOTOS | Walking Dead: 10 Characters From the Comic We Want to Meet

In the first, we see Farmer Rick out in his garden. But his furrowed brow suggests that he’s got his eye on something far worse than groundhogs making an all-you-can-eat buffet of his veggies. Has another of his jailmates turned?

In the second picture, Tyreese’s gf, Karen, is attempting to shed some light on… well, we don’t know, do we? However, judging from her look of concern, it isn’t an out-of-place piece of penitentiary décor, is it?

What do you think is going on these shots? Who, if anyone, do you suspect will be the next to go the way of Patrick? Hit the comments.

Walking Dead Season 4

The Walking Dead Season 4 Photo

Comments (83)

• Karen is going to die. It looks like shes in the bathroom/shower area where Patrick died. He is going to bite her and thus infect her has well.

Comment by Lucky7310 – October 17, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I think that was the scene in the Season 4 teaser of Tyrese walking in and seeing something with that horrified look on his face: Walker Karen!

Comment by lalaland2013 – October 17, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Karen is NOT a walker. She is murdered and cut up. She is one of the ones that Hershel says is “killed in cold-blood”.

Comment by Cherokee Rose – October 18, 2013 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It does seems so to me, if that is the case then Karen could either die or become infected herself

Comment by Guest – October 17, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good. Now she can come back to Teen Wolf and be the awesome mom again!

Comment by Farley Ong – October 17, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Everyone is already infected

Comment by Renaak – October 17, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • From the zombie virues, not the illness that killed Patrick. The zombie virus turns you into a zombie regardless the cause of death, and the illness that killed Patrick can kill a person.

There’s no use to keep the zombies out if there’s an epidemic that kills people – thus end up with zombies – inside.

Comment by Roanoke – October 17, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is different. Spanish-flu.

Comment by Cherokee Rose – October 18, 2013 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. Patrick attacks Glenn, but Daryl saves Glenn. I believe Karen is killed by the serial killer and Ty finds her.

Comment by Cherokee Rose – October 18, 2013 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Imagine if Rick’s baby was the only one not infected and she could cure the world. heh

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 17, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did people come up with that as the very first thought when we heard about the pregnancy? Not new nor deep thinking.

Comment by wjrxyz – October 17, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I keep going back to that video of Tyrese finding something really bad & bloody. Also Patrick coughed all over that barrel of shower water. hint hint

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 17, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Even though he coughed on it, the shower kept running and all the water ran out.

Comment by Mel – October 17, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not the point.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 17, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • For that particular barrel of water, the POINT is moot. It may have been a clue to being water borne, but who’s to say for sure, as we don’t know how Patrick originally contracted it. And what was with Darryl licking all his fingers before shaking hands with him? Was that a clue too? Don’t want to argue with you wrstlgirl, as time will eventually tell. :)

Comment by Mel – October 17, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I wasn’t necessarily referring to that one and only barrel of water and I never said anything was for sure. Hence my comment “not the point”. Sheesh. There are way to many Chiefs around here.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 17, 2013 01:58 PM PDT
          • Hope you are including your self in the “too many Chiefs comment” because you certainly have an opinion.

Comment by Decker – October 17, 2013 02:07 PM PDT
          • You’re right I do have an opinion but I don’t go around belittling other peoples opinions because I think I’m so much smarter. Big difference.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 17, 2013 02:14 PM PDT
          • I wasn’t going to say anything, but you continue to comment. I was perfectly nice regarding my responses to you, and did not in any way “belittle” you or your comments. If I did, please point it out. However, if you want to pick nits, your original comment “Patrick coughed all over that barrel of shower water. hint hint” SPECIFICALLY referred to THAT barrel, NOT the water supply in general. Please re-read your comment, or learn how to write more clearly. .

Comment by Mel – October 17, 2013 02:35 PM PDT
          • I don’t need to re-read my comment. I know what I wrote and what I meant when I wrote it. Your comment back to me was pointing out the obvious. Sorry I didn’t think that I had to spell it out to people to look at the big picture. I tend to think people are smart enough to do that on their own unlike others who feel they have to. And yes, I will continue to comment when I feel I’m being called an idiot. Now excuse me while I go back to playing with my crayons at my whittle desk.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 17, 2013 03:00 PM PDT
          • And, there it is…blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
            I asked you a legitimate question as to what I said to belittle you, and you completely ignored the query. Regarding your “idiot” comment (your word, not mine) – I guess the truth hurts. I was perfectly polite in my previous responses, NOW I am done arguing with someone I don’t give a rat’s a*s about or their about their opinion. Hey wrstlgirl, while your coloring at your “whittle table”, make sure you ask your mommy for some cookies and milk. Good day.

Comment by Mel – October 17, 2013 03:34 PM PDT
          • LOLOLOLOL, as expected. You still don’t get it. Have a good night :-)

Comment by Wrstlgirl – October 17, 2013 04:31 PM PDT
          • Daryl licking his fingers wasn’t even in the script. It’s something Reedus added on the fly and they kept it. The virus is spread and carried by animals, a la Swine flu/H1N1.

Comment by Cherokee Rose – October 18, 2013 10:08 PM PDT
  • It’s possible Karen has just spotted a new danger…some sort of teen wolf.

Comment by RichieS – October 17, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LMAO!

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – October 17, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For this up coming EP. i will say karen gets it.
    As for the rest of the season i read on here that the midseason 4 finale will be a ‘PAINFUL’ one. So my guess is btw carol or beth and my wildcard picks are maggie and baby judith that might die.

Comment by Ashley LOVES SAMCRO! – October 17, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I heard it was Glen that gets killed…..

Comment by Easily Annoyed – October 17, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh my that would be so freaking sad. Why not Beth???

Comment by cas – October 17, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I know…I like Glen, but he was killed off in the comics…they have been doing small deviations from the comic, so there is hope!

Comment by Easily Annoyed – October 17, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Noooo. Not Glenn. But no one is safe on this show. I hope this is not true.

Comment by Teeny Bikini – October 18, 2013 12:03 PM PDT
      • It’s not Glenn. In the comics, Negan kills him, but that doesn’t mean the show will stick to it. At any rate, ep 9 is supposed to be emotional (how emotional? Reedus had to put the script down and walk away) and also Carl-tastic. My guess is that it is that Carl either loses an eye (like in the comic) or he’s the one that kills the Governor AFTER the Governor kills Judith. Just a guess. I also think Beth and Hershel will be gone before the season is over.

Comment by Cherokee Rose – October 18, 2013 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • best show one TV

Comment by Dennis – October 17, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad Mama McCall… er Karen is getting more screen time.

Comment by Steven – October 17, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My theory is still that Karen is taking place of the comic version of Carol, who in the comics also dated Tyreese, and I won’t spoil what happens next if my theory turns out to be true, which is possible, but who knows given te show is its own and hasn’t taken everything from the comics, but I think she’ll live for a while. As for this weeks episode, I’m guessing just some no names will become infected, but no one major for the time being, but I could be wrong.

Comment by Mike R. – October 17, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think they’re going the Carol-comic route… since last season, she has shown an incredible will to live. I do, however, think she’s a tasty appetizer for Harry Potter look-a-like Patrick next Sunday LOL!

Comment by Lo – October 17, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Carol is not done with life and that’s a fact. Although people tougher than her didn’t make it past the death of a love one, Carol has handled the loss of her family and friends better than Rick, Morgan or The Governor did.

She hasn’t lost the empathy Michonne lost along the way, she didn’t lose the sensitivity Beth lost before her boyfriend,Carol doesn’t have to go back from the things the bride Rick found couldn’t because she never lost herself in all this.

Comment by Guest – October 17, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I said Karen was taking place of Carol in the comics, I think TV Carol is going to be around for a while longer.

Comment by Mike R. – October 17, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sorry, to clarify my post, I don’t think they’re doing the **WARNING: COMIC SPOILER*** suicide-by-zombie with Karen like they did with Carol in the comics. Since the season 3 finale and by her dialogue with Tyrese in the premiere, she really seems like she wants to live. Doubt she’ll get her wish, though

Comment by lalaland2013 – October 17, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree right now, it seems she has a strong will to live, and would never expect her to kill herself at this point in time, but a lot can change in the span of the season, so will see.

Comment by Mike R. – October 17, 2013 01:14 PM PDT
        • I hope so, as a shipper for #Caryl. If anything happens to either Darryl or Carol I’m pretty much finished with the show. What do you think?

Comment by Melanie Link – October 17, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Karen taking the place of comic book Carol? No way. Ty isn’t going to cheat on Karen with Michonne. And comic Carol was a mess. Karen is not and no way would she do suicide by walker. Karen is murdered by a serial killer. Patrick actually goes after Glenn (it’s in the trailer!) and Daryl saves Glenn.

Comment by Cherokee Rose – October 18, 2013 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Comic carol was such a mess! Lol

Comment by Megan – October 19, 2013 03:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m confused as to how Patrick got infected anyway. I hope they clear that up in the next episode.

Comment by macthemovieguy – October 17, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s in the water now I believe.

Comment by cas – October 17, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s part of the mystery, you’re supposed to be confused.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 17, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was the walker at the fence: Rick made the point of looking at it several times while farming, his eyes were bleedign the same way as Patrick by the time he died. The kid probably caught up the illness while playing near the fence or from someone from the crew that get rid of zombies at the fence.
      Daryl didn’t get ill because he licks his fingers before he shakes hands with Patrick.

Comment by Guest – October 17, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Daryl licking his fingers had nothing to do with it. That’s silly. How would licking your fingers prevent illness?

Patrick didn’t get sick from a walker. He got some type of flu. Possibly from the animals, like swine flu…. um, like the swine that died.

Comment by Cherokee Rose – October 18, 2013 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just think there is going to be some type of airborne virus – like the swine flu, bird flu, etc. So now in addition to worrying about being bitten by a walker you have to be worried that at any point someone in our group could get sick and turn. I assume that the walkers could also be infected with the ‘flu’ so in addition to worrying about being bitten you wouldn’t want to get too close because they could infect you that way too

Comment by Kristoffer – October 17, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Spanish. Flu. Kirkman revealed it the day the premier aired.

Comment by Cherokee Rose – October 18, 2013 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking back, there are a few things that could have infected Patrick, and all of them would be new to the show.
    1. The water is/can become infected.
    2. The deer he mentioned Daryl brought back for them. I mention this, because obviously there are going to be other people turn, and two things correlate with this. The previews have Carol stating “You have to “strong” if you want to survive. Patrick’s story could not have been more weak, meaning his character, not the story itself. Also, the Violet is dead/dying, making another animal reference in the camp. So, perhaps it can jump from animal to human now.
    3. It somehow can infect the “weak. This is again in reference to Carol’s comments, and would suggest a more meta-physical aspect, something the show has explored before.

There are probably more, but these are the ones that stand out for me after the premiere. Also, Karen seems to be “terminally” close to figuring something out, doesn’t she?

Comment by Michael – October 17, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe this was already said but I figured the illness Patrick had started with the sick pig. Maybe some sort of swine flu.

Comment by KT – October 17, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rick notices and is suspicious about the pigs death. I’m thinking that somehow the pig and Patrick’s demise are related? I guess it’ll be made clear soon enough.

Comment by Melanie Link – October 17, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My partner and I stumbled over here by a different web address
    and thought I might check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you.
    Look forward to exploring your web page again.

Comment by Etsuko – October 17, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everybody is talking about the shower Patrick coughed in – I’m more concerned that he took over serving breakfast to everyone that morning! :-/

Comment by AnnieM – October 17, 2013 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm, I was thinking when I saw these photo’s especially on Karen’s maybe, Karen found Patrick’s body? I mean, yes we all saw in the trailer that Tyreese saw like a blood that is dragged from somewhere then he was shocked and all, so my guess maybe, someone hurt Karen? I mean, the second promo for this episode is that someone is putting those damn rats to fed the walkers, so maybe Karen saw that person then that person saw her Karen makes a run for it but that person catches her he/she hurts her then dragged her body to where Tyreese found it then she’s barely alive then Karen is in bed, like not responding and all because she’s badly hurt or something like that, then Tyreese was pissed at Rick so he punched him, that’s just my theory though, I mean if they will kill Karen in the second episode why they make her live that long right? so basically for me its like Karen is just hurt or badly hurt that she couldn’t move or so ad she saw the person who is feeding those walkers the rats, what you think guys?

Comment by Guest – October 18, 2013 12:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is unlikely that Karen found Patricks body, because at the end of the first episode, Patrick had already turned into a walker, so it would figure that he would have left the showers to have a
      mid-night snack. Though Karen could’ve woken up just after Patrick to see the foot prints, followed them and see Patrick with blood coming out of his eyes, walking towards her growling, who knows….. well other than the actors and producers and directors and all those people.

Comment by Butterz – October 20, 2013 02:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Carl is behind this. He followed Patrick into the classroom and seemed to be snooping on him. Maybe he was watching to see if Patrick changed. Carl resents the survivors of Woodbury. Carl shot the teenage boy last season. Maybe he did something to infect Patrick. Carl wants no competition from other boys. You have to admit he is becoming more calculating and cold as he matures.

Comment by george – October 18, 2013 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • George, that’s interesting. I never thought of that. I hope that’s not the case though because if that was true, they would have no choice but to either banish Carl or kill him.

Comment by Mel – October 18, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not interesting and makes no sense.

Comment by Cherokee Rose – October 18, 2013 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are we watching the same show? There has been about a 7 month time lapse. Rick has been parenting the crap out of Judith and Carl. Carl doesn’t have a gun, he seems happy and well adjusted, being a kid reading comic with a flashlight late at night instead of sleeping, delighted that Michonne brought him more comics and doing his chores that Rick gave him as he was told without being sassy. He was not snooping or following Patrick to see if he “changed”. (is it a werewolf infection?) He was checking out story-time because even though he thought it was too immature for him, he even realized himself he’s still a kid and decided to check it out, not knowing it was How To Use A Knife 101. Carl shot that kid last season to prove to Rick he should have been able to stay and fight – not because he was competition. Competition for what?!?!? I am sure Rick has gotten it through his head what a mistake it was. Saying he did something to infect Patrick is preposterous. What is Carl now? A mad scientist? Whipping up viruses in his secret underground prison lab? LOL Patrick is obviously his friend. Not “competition”. He was becoming cold, but he seems like he bounced back nicely – trying to name the pigs, really happy to see Michonne…. he didn’t want her to leave again. You are completely off base. Patrick caught some type of flu. Kirkman is the one who has said so. It was probably from the pig, like swine flu, although Kirkman said “Spanish-flu like”.

Comment by Cherokee Rose – October 18, 2013 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like this theory. Carl’s motivation to feed the zombies is to increase threat of zombies and get his gun back. Carl is known to have a flashlight and stay up late (reading comics).

Carl kills those infected because he did “what needed to be done” to reference last season when he shot that dude.

Comment by Jackson – October 21, 2013 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember the walker in the well at the farm. I believe the governor is contaminating the water at night and that’s why there eyes bleed because they ingest the virus. Who knows we will find out soon enough

Comment by kevin – October 18, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WHAT?!?! Wait. What? Oy vey. It’s the animals. It’s a flu. If you read up on the Spanish flu, symptoms develop rapidly, cause bleeding from the eyes, ears, nose, causes a high fever, death.

Comment by Cherokee Rose – October 18, 2013 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huh. I thought the kid was merely sick/feverish. Figured he went unconscious/fainted in the shower and accidentally hit his head on the way down or against the tile and killed himself (thus turning into a walker).

Comment by Callie – October 18, 2013 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He died from his illness and turned. I don’t know what that other dude is talking about. The walker in the well has nothing to do with anything. Some poor guy that drowned in the well and turned.

Comment by Cherokee Rose – October 18, 2013 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the bugs where acting funny, the 2 pigs got sick and died who’s to say other animals can’t get a mutated virus?

Comment by debi – October 19, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • An outstanding share! I have just forwarded
    this onto a colleague who had been conducting a little homework on this.
    And he actually bought me lunch simply because I sttumbled upon it for
    him… lol. So lett me reword this…. Thanks
    for the meal!! Buut yeah, thanks for spending the time to discuss this subject here on your site.

Comment by Warez ghost – December 17, 2013 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NDS lovers and gamers can go one step further that can use them for browsing pictures and reading
    e-books on their Nintendo DS or Nintendo DS Lite.

SNES ROMs can be downloaded by the person from the internet for enjoyable gaming experience.
    You’ll need to do specific searches on your own favorite internet search
    engine for SNESDS (a word) and you will get the official snes – DS website, which you could always download the most recent version of the
    emulator.

Comment by nes emulator app – March 19, 2014 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this
    website. I really hope to check out the same high-grade content by you in the future
    as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my very own site now ;)

Comment by dues ex the fall keygen – March 21, 2014 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hardly create remarks, however i did some searching and wound up here [PHOTOS] The Walking
    Dead Season 4 Spoilers – Infected – TVLine.

And I actually do have some questions for you
    if it’s allright. Could it be only me or does it appear like some of the remarks come across
    like they are left by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if
    you are posting on other social sites, I would like to follow anything
    fresh you have to post. Would you make a list of every one of all your communal sites
    like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin
    profile?

Comment by last minute Maldives holidays – March 22, 2014 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fine way of telling, and fastidious piece of writing to
    obtain facts concerning my presentation subject, which i am
    going to present in school.

Comment by Asian bridal hairstyles – March 23, 2014 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s definately a great deal to find out about this topic.
    I really like all the points you made. Perhaps you have calmly pondered the best way to buy facebook fans with facebook?

how to get more likes on facebook not having providing your current
    code or even next other individuals.
    buy facebook likes, select the offer this best suits your needs.

Comment by buy facebook fans – March 25, 2014 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it’s
    really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in
    future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

Comment by plantar fasciitis treatment ultrasound – April 6, 2014 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spot on with this write-up, I absolutely believe that this website
    needs much more attention. I’ll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the information!

Comment by gardena promote my website – April 11, 2014 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi colleagues, gopod pot and fastidious arguments commented here, I am truly enjoying by these.

Comment by driving under the influence – April 13, 2014 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have you ever thought about writing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog centered on the same subjects you discuss and would love
    to have you share some stories/information.
    I know my viewers would appreciate your work. If you are even
    remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

Comment by How to get Rid of Cellulite – April 17, 2014 12:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • chanel messenger bag
    This is a topic that is close to my heart… Thank you!
    Exactly where are your contact details though?

Comment by chanel Brazil – April 18, 2014 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a completely different topic but
    it has pretty much the same layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!

Comment by shower curtains – April 19, 2014 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even know how I ended up here, butt I thought this post was great.
    I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

Comment by Persoanl attorney Pleasanton – April 21, 2014 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST
    & SIMPLE so please, Register In the present day and be
    part of one of the friendliest communities on the net! This file is up to date every now and then since
    hundreds of videos are added every single day. After getting added these videos to your database we recommend you
    subscribe to our updates feed Ghetto booty Chimille Morgan has some really
    big tits, and she dont thoughts seeing some good white cock
    between them. Look how this ebony stylish is going to
    give some pleasure to our guy.

Comment by Columbus – April 22, 2014 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good day! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before
    but after looking at a few of the posts I realized it’s new to me.
    Nonetheless, I’m certainly pleased I discovered it and I’ll
    be book-marking it and checking back often!

Comment by site – April 22, 2014 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post