Ratings: Super Fun Night and Revolution Down Again, Arrow Rises, Ironside Stabilizes

Ratings Super Fun Night ArrowWednesday night is still looking neither super nor fun for Rebel Wilson.

The Aussie cut-up’s ABC sitcom Super Fun Night this week drew barely 6 million total viewers and a 2.1 rating, down another 16 percent in the demo to deliver barely 50 percent retention out of Modern Family (10.9 mil/4.0, up a tenth).

RELATED | ABC’s The Goldbergs, Trophy Wife Get Order For Additional Scripts

Toy Story of TERROR! opened ABC’s night strongly with 10.3 million total viewers and a 3.0 rating, the network’s best numbers in the time slot in almost two years and TV’s highest-rated animated special since Nov. 2011. Leading out of that, Back in the Game held steady at 6.2 mil/1.8.

Capping ABC’s night, Nashville (5.8 mil/1.7) ticked up a tenth. (Read Kim Roots’ latest recap!)

Over on NBC, Revolution (5.4 mil/1.4) ticked down another tenth, marking its third straight week of declines since the season opener. SVU‘s Munch send-off followed with 7.4 mil/1.7, up 17 percent and a tenth. Ironside (4.9 mil/1.1) shed some viewers but was steady in the demo.

CBS’ Survivor (9.9 mil/2.5) was flat, while Criminal Minds (11 mil/2.7) and CSI (9.4 mil/2.0) each rose a tenth.

The CW’s Arrow targeted 3 mil and a 1.1, up 11 percent and two tenths from its opener. The Tomorrow People (2.2 mil/0.8) dipped a tenth from its debut.

Fox’s coverage of the ALCS Game 4 averaged 8.1 mil and a 2.4 based on prelim numbers, up sharply from a year ago’s NLCS Game 4 telecast.

1. nathan says:

bye revolution :(

• Diane says:

Really like Revolution – sure hope it doesn’t go the way of at least half of my favorites – guess I don’t have the same taste as middle America…………………

2. Jean says:

go Nashville go Nashville

3. Eric says:

Yay Arrow!!! Really enjoying The Tomorrow People! Love my Amell Wednesdays!!!

4. Joe says:

Give trophy wife a shot after modern family ……

5. Elyse says:

I’m really loving the Tomorrow People :)

• wrstlgirl says:

I had to put both Arrow and Tomorrow People on the DVR to watch this weekend. Wednesday night is a blockbuster night of TV in my house. But I enjoyed the TP pilot so I’m sure I’ll like it going forward.

6. Fernando says:

ABC come on it’s time to move back in the game and SFN to Tuesday and let goldbergs and trophy wife shine on wed. Or move the struggling Nashville to Tuesday and try a third hour of comedy again.

7. wrstlgirl says:

Revolution is having a great season but losing viewers because of the crappy time slot. We all knew this was gonna happen. I hope they do something before it’s to late. Nashville was a total snooze last night, I couldn’t wait for it to be over. Decent episode of Ironside. Arrow is on the dvr :-( Sadly I just couldn’t fit it all in.

• Ann says:

Revolution has a terrible timeslot. The violence on the show is not for family viewing hour…NBC made the mistake in believing that family viewing hour no longer exists. It doesm that’s why that Toy Story special got huge ratings. I cannot watch this show around kids.

• Bridget says:

I was unsure if I was going to come back to Revolution after last season, but I did and they’ve really turned it into a much stronger show than it was last year. The 8:00 time slot for it is all sorts of wrong, though.

• Elly says:

I agree, it’s really gone up in quality this season. Last season I watched it as a guilty pleasure of sorts and this season I’m genuinely looking forward to each episode. It’s such a shame the ratings are dipping just as its getting good, I really hope Fox gives it another chance.

8. clg says:

Love revolution but keep forgetting when it is on…I have to watch it on demand..

9. jeremy.hudson says:

Arrow last night was better than the premiere and I’m glad that the ratings reflect it. Besides, with an ending like that, I’m guessing next week ratings will be even higher
    The Tomorrow People started to grow on me but it still needs some twists and turns or it will be another predictable superhero series.

10. Eric says:

Revolution isn’t doing so well… I really hope NBC gets their act together and gives it a better time slot, because as it is, it might not be able to make it to next year. And I second all of the “switch SFN’s time slot with Trophy Wife’s” comments. They are a much better pairing.

• wrstlgirl says:

Problem is I’m not sure where they could move it to. Unless they move Ironside to Saturday or if it goes altogether then they could push Revolution into that spot.

• Television Scout says:

Revolution to Thursday at 9pm?

• Television Scout says:

P&R -> MJF -> Revolution -> Parenthood

• wrstlgirl says:

This could work but I doubt SSTW and MJF shows will be shelved or moved anytime soon. Are they doing poorly in the ratings. I don’t watch them so I’ve not paid any attention.

• Television Scout says:

Yep, the NBC lineup on Thursday has been getting pummeled, particularly in the demo. I think NBC is trying to determine ‘where is bottom’, so that they can see how low things go, and then maybe try to repair what they can at that point.

I know they don’t want to shelf the MJF show – I don’t want to see that either; however, 8:30 may give it a better shot to improve in the ratings than where it is now at 9:30. SSTW and Welcome to the Family? Mistakes happen; I think NBC will need to ‘turn the page’ on these two shows as soon as an opportunity permits. Maybe flip these two comedies with Revolution? Placing Revolution at 9pm/Thursday gives the show a new lease on life, re-energizes NBC on Thursday, and is a good counter-programming move vs. the CBS comedies, as well as a counter versus Grey’s, Glee and Reign, all three may well be looking for the same audience. Revolution might work well in that Thursday 9pm time slot and grab an audience not being served by the other four networks at that time.

11. Jax says:

Let’s here it for animation!!! Toy Story kicked butt!

12. liliana says:

So happy for Arrow!!! loved the episode!!

13. abz says:

AHS: Coven was AMAZING last night. Not that into the Kyle/Frankenstein storyline, but Lily Rabe was great in it. All of the scenes between Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett, and Kathy Bates are so awesome to watch. It was just perfection. The magic snake sex creeped me out so much.

14. Jon says:

Biggest mistake ABC made was making Rebel Wilson an American. Her accent is a large part of her greatness! Maybe if they go back and rework the show: a bump on the head gives her an accent that remains for good? It’s happened in real life, why not on TV?

• Paul H says:

They didn’t make her. The accent was her choice.

• I absolutely love Super Fun Night and do not think that the show was ever suppose to be super funny, I think the show is a great reflection of millions of people out there who struggle with the day to day social interactions and events of life because the world doesn’t view them as “normal”… I think it has the perfect amount of comedy in it to make it relatable and not over top and unrealistic…

I think the issue with this show is the time slot, it does not cater to the same demographic that would likely be watching Super Fun Night.. I think it would do better on Tuesday..

• oops meant to say it would not cater to the same demographic as Modern Family

• Apey says:

Nice to see a positive comment about Super Fun Night. It’s a shame that this show seems destined to be cancelled, as I find it cute and funny. It’s a nice change from the sitcoms that try to outdo themselves in the crude department each week, ie. Two and a Half Men, Two Broke Girls.

• Elizabeth says:

I LOVE Rebel Wilson and Super Fun Night. I think it’s got the right amount of funny and it’s supposed to be FUN, not necessarily funny, either. So watch, please? I would hate to lose something that can be potentially great. Rebel Wilson is so talented.

15. tp says:

Arrow is getting better and better however they are making Laurel into an idiot.

• Grumpy Ole' Lady says:

The Laural arc is getting on my nerves. Last season there was barely an episode where she wasn’t crying. This year she’s getting the bad guy re-write, which I don’t buy for a moment.
      And Arrow producers: if Laurals going to be the ADA in the series, can she please look less like a beauty pageant contestant and more like a together business woman? Please, those clothes wouldn’t fly in the courts.
      I’m hoping the writers don’t soap-operafy this program.

• I think the problem is that people see her as a villain, not that she is one. Just because she doesn’t worship at Green Arrow’s feet, doesn’t mean that what she’s doing is wrong. As far as she knows, he /is/ a killer and he does seem to be involved in a lot of the troubles in Starling City. This is how she thinks she can help the city. She is also grieving Tommy and looking for an outlet and someone to blame that can still be held accountable. All of that is understandable.

• Dee says:

Speaking of clothes, that dress that Felicity was wearing while in Olivers’ office was completely horrible and inapropriate.

• Which dress? I didn’t notice anything inappropriate about her clothing. Executive Assistants are usually very well dressed, which usually translates to dresses/skirts for women and suits for men. Her dress was form fitting, but that’s hardly inappropriate. She’s got a nice figure, there’s no shame showing it off. :)

• wrstlgirl says:

Laurel is a total buzzkill. Seriously hate every scene she is in.

16. Karen says:

I love arrow and I’m really hoping The Tomorrow People starts getting better ratings. I think its one of the best new shows this seasons.

• Ross Cooper says:

Really, why? I watched the pilot and and was completely meh about it. Didn’t see anything remarkable in its plotting, acting, or writing.

17. shar says:

Move Revolution back to Monday. It should have never moved in the first place. I love this show.

18. Tran says:

Last night’s Nashville was awesome!

19. Liz says:

Super Fun Night is awful. I watch Modern Family and Nashville so have just been leaving the channel on to pass the time in between. Please ABC get rid of this and either bring back Suburgatory or move Goldbergs or Trophy Wife into the time slot.

20. sladewilson says:

Ironside gets more steady every week. It’s finding it’s footing fast but Nashville is a better show. Arrow rocked esp the ending but yeah, Laurel is quickly becoming one of the more denser individuals on TV. Yeah, she’s grieving but move on already. Felt bad for Digg and LOVED Felicity last night – her “I ain’t fetchin you no coffee” deal was spot on and she was killin it in that dress…

• tp says:

That’s what I mean about Laurel. Yes, she’s hurt but she’s also a smart woman. She really can’t believe that Tommy dying is the Hood’s fault can she? Just from what she learned of him through dealings wouldn’t it stand more to reason that the Hood was there to save him but couldn’t? Ugh, just makes me mad. Felicity was hot as fish grease about that “promotion”. I agree about Ironside. It’s getting better quickly. Last night’s episode was good. I’ll keep watching.

• brb123 says:

Laurel blames The Hood because it’s easier to blame him than to blame herself, and frankly, I don’t think neither The Hood nor Laurel are responsible for Tommy’s death. It was Tommy’s decision to go after Laurel.

• tp says:

Exactly! She’s too smart to not know that. Emotions are powerful but it’s been months and rationale should have kicked it by now. Right? Right?!!

21. N tTVf says:

I agree 100% with comments above – Trophy Wife belongs (or at least given a shot) at that 9:30 Wednesday time slot. It has from day one.

ABC has some decisions to make regarding extending script orders for Fun Night and Back in Game. The network may want to try out some of the four new series in different time slots – maybe switch Trophy Wife and Fun Night to see how that goes.

Watch the numbers on ‘Game’ and ‘Fun Night’. ABC has to make a decision [at least on script orders] on both series relatively soon, ABC will have to cancel one of them eventually if these numbers continue – Suburgatory and Mixology wait in the wings. If ‘Game’ can get the ratings even with ‘Fun Night’, that would help Game’s chances of survival.

Suburgatory has proven that it is a reliable 8:30 Wednesday program – ‘Game’ has to convince the network (and viewers) that it also belongs in that slot… otherwise, I don’t know where else ‘Game’ could be placed, particularly if Trophy Wife takes off in that Wed/9:30 slot, which I think it can and will.

• Meg says:

Trophy Wife’s ratings this week were 4.1 million/1.3. Back In The Game was steady at 6.2 million/1.8. Game’s ratings seem to be better than Trophy Wife and The Goldbergs.

• N tTVf says:

Let’s hope ABC takes that into account – however, ABC may want to move either/both Goldbergs or Trophy Wife into the Wednesday lineup for a short time to see how they do, and if they can do better than what ‘Game’ and ‘Fun Night’ are currently producing. That’s when we’ll know (and so will ABC) which of the four new series is strongest and has best potential to succeed longer term.

I am not a big fan of either Goldbergs or Fun NIght, so I’m pulling for Trophy and Game, but that’s just me. The number/the ratings will make the final determination, particularly if ABC can get the four new series some sampling on Wednesday nights prior to the winter/holiday break when ABC will need to find room for Suburgatory and Mixology for winter/spring season.

22. jejehi says:

Get on board with Arrow, people. It’s got the best action sequences this side of Strike Back! Plus, you get an extremely badass Manu Bennett and hot as hell Emily Bett Rickards! Also, Stephen Amell is awesome! He’s so jacked!

• wrstlgirl says:

I like Arrow but that’s a bit of a stretch. Strike Back is way more high tech. And I’m a Manu lover but getting tired of him slinging it on that island. I think it would be great if he showed up in something other than a tiresome flashback.

23. Mr. Sunshine says:

I haven’t this week’s episode yet, but the Goldbergs is the best new comedy of the season. Last week’s Poltergeist episode was hilarious. I think it would make a better companion with The Middle than the current show. Haven’t watched Arrow. Glad to hear it was a great episode. I’ve really enjoyed the show since the beginning. I have two episodes of The Tomorrow people to watch now. I don’t know why, but I really enjoy watching more than one episode of a show at one time. Perhaps I’m a binge watcher. :-)

24. Arrow was fantastic! I loved the new “secret identities” for Team Arrow. Felicity’s reactions were perfect. The cliffhanger was intense. I feel so bad for Laurel. It’s always hard when you know information a character doesn’t. I can totally understand why she is doing what she’s doing, but obviously I don’t want her to succeed in catching Oliver. I’m glad they’re focusing less on Oliver and Laurel’s romantic relationship right now, because I think that would make it way worse.

25. Mikael says:

ABC really has a hard time finding a hit show to follow Modern Family, huh? I’m a huge fan of Cougar Town but I think moving to TBS was the best thing, since they treat it better. But still, it seems like there isn’t any show that can retain the MF audience.

And as far as Arrow goes, I don’t think they knew that people were going to love Felicity like they do, and they’ve made her more of a character than Laurel. It’s like they don’t know what to do with Laurel now because people want less of her and more Felicity.

26. Babygate says:

I had given up on Super Fun Night after the premiere but tuned in last night for the Halloween epi. It wasn’t terrible. It actually had some enjoyable moments, even if nothing was really funny. But the black and white ‘monster mash’ at the end was pretty fun.I’m not making any promises about future episodes, but this one was enjoyable enough. And seems to me like Modern Family is actually getting better and better this season. Last night’s was the best I’d seen in a long time.

27. Britta Unfiltered says:

Oof, that Toy Story Halloween special was terrible! It had none of the magic and humor of the movies. Plus the plugs for the ABC shows within the script really annoyed me. Yes, ABC, I know Once Upon a Time exists, you don’t have to have Woody remind me.
    Speaking of referenced shows, I was really amused at SVU’s final scene joke about Munch and his character’s TV origins. Munch answers the phone, “Homicide. Er, I mean SVU.” It’s been a long journey, Munch. You will be missed.

28. Buddy Glenn says:

If NBC wants to save Revolution, they need to move it into a new time slot, possibly Wed. 10PM. Maybe in Dec. But NBC needs to get people to catch up…not by hoping they will watch online or on SyFy. They should have a daily marathon to get people into it. NBC did this with Quantum Leap (by stripping at 10PM), and it helped the show to survive for a couple of more years.

29. DavidSask says:

Congrats to the CW lets hope they can continue with some solid ratings week to week for their 3 days of good programming!

Revolution your show was not that good to fail so badly not having Voice lead proves it!