TNT Renews Franklin & Bash for Season 4

Franklin & Bash Season 4The verdict is in: Franklin & Bash will live on.

TNT has renewed the Breckin Meyer-Mark-Paul Gosselaar legal dramedy for a 10-episode fourth season, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’sCancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

Co-star Heather Locklear, whose deal with the show was only for Season 3, will likely be back in some capacity.

1. Damn says:

Yay!
    Great show.

2. james says:

Hell yes! Made my day.

3. Lynn says:

Holy crap. I love the show, but I’m honestly surprised considering all the things going against this and the fact that TNT took forever to renew it. So happy, though!

4. Andy says:

With how happy canceling shows makes TNT (Leverage, King & Maxwell), this surprises me.

• A.B. says:

And Southland.

• Xandra says:

TNT saved Southland and gave its fans another 3 seasons of great television despite its ratings. And we got to see those episodes that NBC was going to throw in the trash anyways. I’m happy with what I got out of it, and the actors seemed prepared and ready to move on.

• David says:

I agree. I just wish they would give us some kind of closure since we invested time into it.

• ChicagoDan says:

Absolutely. The fact the we got 30 TNT episodes + the six/seven produced but not aired was an amazing gift. The show was able to tell great stories. Of course, I would have loved to have seen it continue – even with swapping out cast as they left, but I’ll never bash TNT re: Southland.

5. Drienne says:

Yeah! Love this show!

6. Missy Kelly says:

Yeah! Franklin & Bash – still going to miss Maxwell & King though – that deserved renewal!

7. Mark says:

Excellent. Very fun show for the summer. Well, any season they want to show it would be fine.

8. Lilly says:

Absolutely LOVE this show. Never fails to make me laugh at least once.

9. Dani says:

That’s a surprise. Would have been a real shame if TNT had canceled this one too. I hope Heather Locklear inks a new contract.

10. Ashley says:

How is this show still on but Leverage isn’t? I had to force myself to watch the first season and couldn’t be bothered to show up for the 2nd and 3rd. Which is a shame because I love Zach!

11. Ram510 says:

This is great news! I just wish it was given more episodes

12. Patricia says:

Love Franklin and Bash

13. Eric says:

Very happy to hear it!

14. holly says:

Yes! Best summer show! I hope they bring back Carmen and Pindy more often since Heather Locklear seemed to suck the budget out of the show.

15. PB says:

Great news. It’s light and breezy and silly and ridiculous but it’s still some cool summer fun. Happy it survived and it’s actually gotten stronger as the seasons have gone on…..

16. GeoDiva says:

This show is fun!

17. CBWBDK1 says:

Great news!!

18. Elyse says:

yes!!!! thank you TNT! I’ve been waiting for this news!

19. rukia says:

This is such fantastic news, love this show. TNT finally renewed Franklin and Bash for a fourth season. I can’t wait to see the brilliant and fun chemistry of Mark Paul and Breckin Meyer again. thank you TNT this is great news for the fans.

20. Snice says:

amazing!

21. Ava says:

Great news! Thank you TNT! This is such a witty show with a talented cast. Great summer fun. So happy to see it renewed!!

22. LaLa says:

I love Franklin & Bash. The chemistry between Meyer & Gosselaar is so spot on. And their courtroom antics have me howling with laughter. Happy they’ll be back.

23. Rain says:

WooHoo!! This just made a wonderful start to my weekend, I love Franklin & Bash!

24. John 1138 says:

LIke the show, great news.

25. Joey says:

So happy the show got renewed! I can’t wait to see season 4 next summer.

26. ally says:

yay! i love Zach and Travis

27. B G says:

Why? This is one of the silliest shows on TNT and they should have cancelled it in the middle of it’s first season. King & Maxwell was a much better show so they should have kept that one in the rotation and kicked F&B to the curb.

28. I really enjoyed this show until Heather Locklear showed up on it.

• Lilly says:

Agree. I find myself staring at Locklear trying to decide if she’s deliberately acting like she has a stick up her rear or if she just has no expression because of the plastic surgeries. Just don’t like the uptight, bitchy, you-have-to-obey-me-because-I-can-fire-you female role.

29. MujerdeFuego says:

Like F&B but please get rid of Heather Locklear. I also concur about King & Maxwell, why did they cancel it??? It was great.

30. Fangirl says:

I agree, King & Maxwell cancellation was a shocker. Loved Edgar! The show had potential, even though the leads had zero chemistry and there could never be a convincing love story. But that’s what other characters are for.

Franklin & Bash renewal was also a shocker. Last season was pretty bad, mostly b/c of that awful love story that just didn’t fly and took away from what made previous seasons so much fun.

31. annie says:

So glad to hear, see and know Franklin and Bash are back for a 4th season. Love the crew for the fun they bring to the home. Very refreshing and exciting. Sure hope there will be more seasons to follow after this development.

32. Saabgirlatx says:

Hooray!!!! It’s show is my happy place. Can’t believe I missed this post last week!!

33. Diane says:

Yep thrilled about F&B!!!! Great summer program. Love it!!! But yes Heather Locklear must go- back to S1 & S2 please.
    I’m disappointed also about King & Naxwell.
    As much as I loved Leverage, it was a good ending.

• Ghost says:

completely agree, but if Damien becomes a pukka shell necklace, sweat pant guy. f&b need a someone to screw.

34. Lili says:

Just my opinions. I have no professional ties or understanding of the workings of tv-shows. I am just a life long couch potato. Feel free to disagree with my views but please be civil about it:
    I love the show but 3rd Season was a little annoying. For 2 reasons:
    1) The Charlie-story line was a time-wasting, lifeless pseudo romance. What made it worse than the circumstance that there was no real chemistry is the fact that there was an overly forced chemistry.
    2) Heather Locklear. The Rachel King character by itself did not go anywhere. There was too little scheming and antagonizing for the character to be a newly introduced villain and not enough heart for it to become “a competent, gruff tough-nut with a heart of gold” It was basically a character that strutted around in tight clothing that made some bitchy comments that lead nowhere in the overall storyline. “Think of me as your jailor”, “You need my signature”, “Be at work on time” “The wall between Peter and Jared” [Please forgive me for the quotation marks, I just didn’t know how else to emphasize the plot points]. There was something for the Rachel Character in each episode to gripe about but it never lead to a final show-down. Peter and Bash stayed Peter and Bash and Rachel King did what Rachel King did without it having any effect. If it was for drama sake; no, it wasn’t really dramatic. If it was supposed to be funny, then really really no, it was not the least bit funny.
    The second part of it and in my opinion the bigger part is Heather Locklear. Again, I am not in the industry but as far as I can tell, Heather Locklear acts Heather Locklear. Whole season of watching Franklin and Bash and every single time I referred to her character in some sense I always described the character as Heather Locklear. Never once as Rachel King. So for the love of God, Get rid of her Character. it is a waste of money.
    Instead give Rhea Seehorn more screen time. Swatello and Jared interactions this season were greatly entertaining. Be it in terms of chemistry or comedy.

• KM says:

Well Lili, as a “professional” couch potato myself, I must agree with all your points, especially with referring to the Rachel King character as Heather Locklear. They should have just named the character Heather Locklear and been done with it. The Charlie story line was a waste of time, but Bash can’t really have a steady GF right now, it would ruin the show. He needs to be a ladies man for a few more seasons, then during the last season he can settle down and live happily ever after.

35. pat says:

When is it going to start up again?

36. eric says:

Why haven’t they released season 2 on DVD yet? I heard they might go MOD but never confirmed. Franklin &Bash live on because it’s lighthearted and juvenile. It’s a summer show! Also besides Heather, its relatively cheap to make. The show doesn’t need her. They picked her because of two factors: she is a hawt older lady and being a veteran actor of like 6 different shows, she brings a certain gravitas to the role. They could have gotten someone better but they wanted the name recognition.

But they’d better release seasons 2 &3 on DVD soon…

37. great show says:

I love this show and can’t wait for it to come back on.

38. John F says:

It seems that great shows like F&B don’t make it, but garbage like most of the reality shows make it…just shows the intelligence of the average American viewer.

39. Klaudiajoy says:

Please Please show this Heather Locklear series in Australia. I Love Heather! Come On Australia lets watch it! xoxoxo

40. Susa says:

I hoped to see Heather Locklear back on the show. Her name wasn’t in the credits tonight and I understand her contract was for Season 3 but was hoping they would bring her back.