Blind Item: Hit Series Poised to Kill Off Star

blinditemUpdate: Actor behind Blind Item revealed!

Check it: A prospective new TV pilot just landed a big-time actor as its star, but the up-and-coming producer/writer behind the future series can’t pitch it to a single network. Heck, he can’t even discuss it with anyone — and that’s because there’s a spoiler bomb embedded within the top-secret project.

You see, the headliner in question is currently starring on a popular hour-long drama series. And if word were to get out that he has committed himself to a new full-time gig, it could potentially ruin a major upcoming twist: his onscreen death.

SCOOP | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Revenge, Walking Dead, Nashville, The Mentalist, Supernatural and More

So the scribe has graciously agreed to keep his script — and his stealth casting coup — under wraps until the morning after the character meets his end.

On the bright side, I hear he won’t have to keep his trap shut for much longer.

You know the drill. Start speculating in the comments section below!

1. Eric says:

Oh my. I wouldn’t even know what to guess, but this is quite interesting indeed.

2. exfromtheleft says:

it is not revolution

3. modage says:

Later, Brodie.

• Alichat says:

Damian Lewis was my first thought too. From a storytelling standpoint, they could kill off his character. I love Brody, but he was originally supposed to die in the season 1 finale, so it wouldn’t be surprising to have him die now. Plus, considering where his character is, he could be assumed dead, which would free Lewis for another show. He’s been spotted in London the last couple of weeks which seems odd for someone with a busy film schedule in North Carolina. The only drawback to killing off Brody is how to make his family, who are still series regulars, relevant and compelling to the story.

• Britta Unfiltered says:

Oh gosh, it totally is Brody, isn’t it. I have to go sit in my closet and cry now.

• Annie says:

I hear ya, sister. But it’s gotta be him. All the recent comments from Lewis about when they should have done it already or how they might kill him off any time now? Yeah. I’m willing to put my name to a firm guess: RIP, Brody.

• Addie says:

Good detective work! I’m putting my money on this guess.

• Ralph says:

Brody’s daughter was never “compelling” as far as I’m concerned. In fact her line is immensely annoying and simply a time consumer.

• Marc says:

He was the first person I thought of and honestly, I really wouldn’t mind.

• johnhelvete says:

There is no need to make his family relevant and compelling to the story, after this season they can be written off the show.

• Nancy says:

I’m not sure they were relevant to begin with.

• redjane12 says:

I think you got it 100% – there aren’t many actual “big time actors” and Brody is definitely due to die this season so this is likely. I somehow do not see The Following killing Kevin Bacon (though the show could be cancelled, it is pretty awful), The Blacklist killing Spader nor Crazy Ones/MJF Show killing Robin Williams/MJ Fox since they are comedies after all…

• Elly says:

After re-reading the post I think you might be right. The wording “spoiler bomb embedded in the top secret project” and “stealth casting coup” sound like subtle nods to Homeland IMO.

• steve says:

My first thought aswell as we have known the producers have tryed to kill him both seasons but network have stopped it

• Higb says:

you all are simple as all hell! how can so many of you have so few braincells? homeland is, at its core, about carrie and brody. they’re not going to kill him off. jesus you all are special

• abz says:

Homeland really only needs Carrie, Saul, and Quinn. Brody (and even his family) is expendable now. The show is called “Homeland”. It can be about anything related to that topic. Brody served his purpose to the show. The show started off about a prisoner of war being turned. That storyline was played out for two seasons and now it’s the aftermath and eventually they can have a new Big Bad for the show to deal with, The character is finished really. He can never be redeemed. Even if they prove his innocence. He still recorded that tape and the impression he left on the public will never go away,

• Lisa London says:

Absolutely agree with you on this.

• D.R says:

Poor Brody, anything to get out of kissing Carrie..Their love scenes un believeable and awkward.

• redjane12 says:

Totally agreed – Brody is now dispensable and if anything an obstacle (mainly due to his unbearable family) to the show becoming fully engaging again. Luckily the have a relatively new and unexplored compelling character in Quinn so that makes me hopeful

• dude says:

Then why have the writers tried to kill Brody twice. They’ve already confirmed the plan was always to kill him off season 1. If anyone is simple, it’s you.

• WYNGATE says:

I agree. Homeland without Brody and Carrie would not be worth watching. And didn’t anybody catch the earlier previews of Brody in the back of the pick-up manning a machine gun?
          If they kill Brody off, then at least I will save some money because that series is the only reason I subscribe to SHOWTIME in the first place. Nothing else on there worth watching.

• redds@yahoo.com says:

The Carrie/Brody dynamic WAS the main reason the show was so good in the first season. People are too stupid to realize that. Its since gone downhill. And now that they are separated, I’ve not much interest. I probably will not watch if they kill him off. And yeah, unsubscribing from Showtime will save me alot of money too.

• redds@yahoo.com says:

BRODY. At least spell his name right, dinglehead.

4. LOL says:

Lorne Michaels?

5. S says:

You gotta at least say if the show is network or cable. C’mon.

6. Stan DeCwikiel says:

It’s Michael Ausiello! He’s getting bumped off of Spoiler Alert.

7. Christian says:

There is absolutely nothing to go on. Aren’t blind items usually required to have a hint or two? You don’t even say if it’s broadcast or cable.

• Jerri says:

He gave a few hints. There’s a number of things to go on: popular hour-long drama and the person in question is a male character. More than enough to start speculating and re-start the rumormill. My guess it’ll be Brody from Homeland or Booth from Bones. Then again, what if Tony/Michael Weatherly leaves NCIS? So yeah it could be practically any male co-star on a popular drama, we won’t know for sure until after the show in question airs the episode in question and all the announcements are made following that. Until then, many fans will be freaking out over their favourite shows possibly losing a male lead.

8. Annie says:

With any luck it will be Dean Winchester. At this point it would be a mercy killing.

9. Lucy says:

Someone from Walking Dead?

10. Phillip says:

Daryl from walking dead?

11. L says:

Someone from The Walking Dead? Norman Reedus or Steven Yeun. (I hope not, but man TWD likes to kill my spirit so I would not be shocked.)

12. Martina says:

I hope it’s not Nathan Fillion.

• Scott says:

I wouldn’t have thought so because of his guest spot on Community. Castle without Nathan Fillion is unthinkable.

• MelindaB says:

I’m not sure how they would deal with killing him off a show that’s named after his character. Then again, they did it to Valerie Harper. :P

• F.M. says:

How can it? How would Castle be Castle without Castle?

• anon123 says:

I wouldn’t be surprised. Don’t network contracts normally expire after the 6th season?

• S. says:

You wouldn’t be surprised? Huh? The titular character of a show leaving totally would be a surprise. They had a perfect opportunity to kill him off in the last ep but the vest saved him. Then before that with the poison. Beckett could’ve stayed in DC forever haunted by the knowledge that her new job indirectly caused the death of her fiancé. Perfect opportunity to try to have the show go on sans Nathan if they’d wanted to do that. It’s not Castle, folks, let it go. I knew someone on this comment thread would suggest Fillion, I’m just surprised it took this long. They’d just cancel the show and announce this season would be the last to get ratings for the last push. Also, Fillion’s latest not coming in incident probably involved contract negotiations. They almost certainly have season 7 signed up for now as an option. You don’t wait til the spring to start the chatting and you don’t assume the show can go on without the lead in this case.

• Suzanne says:

He was my first thought too. He doesn’t seem to be getting along with everyone anymore. There was the scuffle over the four day work week. I think he’d rather have a more whedon-esque project. And Marlowe just landed an additional gig so they all may be ready to move on.

• S. says:

It wasn’t a scuffle. It’s a common contractual ploy to get the blue flu when they’re not doing something they ought to be doing or there’s something they deserve but the studio’s being sketchy about it. The West Wing cast was one that refused to come in until there was a contract renegotiation–they’d been paid peanuts and didn’t get the raises they were promised. Actors can be patient but nobody should have to be a doormat. Nathan was probably promised something and they weren’t giving it to him after he waited awhile. “Doesn’t seem to be getting along with everyone” is bs. Nathan’s a known sweetheart in the industry and gets along with everybody. You think Joss Whedon repeat-hires crybabies? This wasn’t a temper tantrum. I bet not a word was said about it between him and the producers. His agent probably told him to do what he did and made the call that he wouldn’t be coming in. As for Marlowe’s new gig, he just said he has no intention of stopping Castle any time soon. Hart Hanson’s got several plates spinning. Shonda Rhimes does it. Writers can run more than one show at a time. I think the new project is at ABC and if so, it actually looks better for Castle because networks tend to hold onto older shows so’s not to honk off the showrunner who’s just given them a new one.

• Marika says:

oh gosh, NO.

• Apples says:

No way. The series is built off the back of the two leads. Without Katic or Fillion, the show cannot exist.

• Bob says:

There is absolutely ZERO buzz that Castle is ending its run this season, so it’s not Fillion. Besides, if he were ever to leave Castle prematurely, it would be for a Firefly reboot!!!

• Fae says:

Uhm, that’s not entirely correct – there has actually been a LOT of talk about the “organic ending” of the show, rumors that AM himself started when he said something like “his characters will tell him when he’s done all the storytelling they had in them”. Admittedly, he added in another interview a few days later that they might be good for an overall run of 10 to 12 years, but that was AFTER the outcry over a prospective end to “Castle” after this season or the next. And as far as the name/lead issue goes: As little as I can see Beckett giving up her name, they ARE heading for a wedding – so for all intents and showrunning purposes she could be the new “Castle” and Rick might get killed off right after “I do”.
        Also, it took NF years before he gritted through his teeth that he was “thankful” to be in a job (ie Castle) and that was the most positive he ever had to say about the show. Adding to that the not-showing-up-for-work issue, I wouldn’t consider it utterly nonsensical to conclude that he’d be very willing to leave as soon as something else shows up.

13. Really says:

and what if that producer can’t find a network willing to pick the new series?

14. Alice says:

Ian on Vampire Diaries? Maybe he got 50 shades after all ;)

• Whitney says:

Three reasons why this isn’t true: 1) Don’t get me wrong – TVD is my absolute favorite show, but while it’s popular among fans, it is hardly “popular” in the grand scheme of ratings/viewership. 2) The actor is called a “big time star,” which Ian really isn’t so much. and 3) The new gig is a TV show, not a movie. Sorry =(

• Guest says:

Vampire Diaries is not even a hit show!

• Kristen says:

After last night there’s at least 2.8 million people that would disagree with this comment, and those are only households with Nielsen’s. While no, it doesn’t rack in the same amount of viewers as NCIS or Castle, it is considered one of the CW’s best series.

• Natalie says:

You think that the number of viewers is only from Neilsen houses? Aw. You’re adorable.

Maybe you should considered Googling how ratings work.

• StupidPeopleShutUp says:

The CW is barely a network, and 2.8 million viewers would get most shows cancelled…. On a real network. Go back to Tiger Beat, TiffanyAshleyBrittany.

• Elizabeth says:

My fellow Covington residents and I would do the happiest of happy dances were this the case.

15. StupidPeopleShutUp says:

This could be any hour long drama. It’s obviously not Eddie Kessler.

16. Joe says:

Damien Lewis

17. Turner says:

It’s probably someone else but a part of me thinks it’s Nashville because the last AA discussed killing off somebody(?)

• Zach says:

Who would be the “big name” on that? Charles Esten? I mean, I’m a fan of his, but I don’t think he’s big enough to develop a vehicle with him already attached.

• Emgee says:

Eric Close is a big name and it could be him. I am of the mind that it is him and that Teddy Conrad will be the “Nashville” death teased in AA.

• mgsquared says:

Teddy? Oh wow. Maybe. I was also going to point out someone on Nashville is dying and it might be that. I mean, Rayna’s dad has been fighting for his life already…

• Lindsay says:

On Nashville tonight, Rayna’s dad was arrested and thinks that Teddy is to blame. He made the comment that Teddy doesn’t know who he messed with. So – it could very well be Teddy.

• StupidPeopleShutUp says:

Eric Close has been toiling in relative obscurity for his entire career. Nobody but you knows his name. If he left, nobody would notice.

18. Emily says:

walking dead??? I hope not but I know bad things are coming after that ending last week

19. I say it’s gong to be someone from Sons of Anarchy, they’re killing off characters left & right.

• Laura B says:

I was thinking someone from grey’s too. I mean the series it’s not what it used to be, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the “big names” want to leave. About Kevin, it would make sense, with Sandra Oh leaving, that would make a good story for explaining her exit

• Ace says:

I’m missing the article, but I believe he made a comment about seeing Owen without Christina being an interesting development.

As for other Grey’s actors, I don’t see many of them leaving, and especially with some of these main stars, I think Shonda might like to have the opportunity to have them back at the series finale.

• jaspar0308 says:

I was thinking Patrick Dempsey, although I doubt that he would leave an established show for the possibility of a series that may or may not be sold. Of course, if it wasn’t his choice . . .

I was also thinking it might be one of the OUAT guys. Anything can happen in Neverland.

20. Sam says:

Mark Harmon from NCIS?

21. I think it’s Criminal Minds, to be honest. They showed Hotchner collapsing and said he was going to “see his dead wife again”.

• I don’t think it’s him, I think they recently signed new contracts and hotch doesn’t die in this episode, that’s for sure.

• Georghia says:

Thomas Gibson is signed on for the whole season so no. I don’t see him leaving or any of the CM or CSI cast.

• Kitty says:

GIbson’s also slated to direct an epi later in the season. We’ve known for weeks that there’s an extended dream sequence upcoming where Hotch sees both his dead wife and the man who killed her.

• Didn’t he, AJ, Shermar, Kristen and Joe sign for two seasons? Because next season I’m pretty sure only Matthew and Jeanne will have expiring contracts.

• GS says:

It would make my year if they don’t renew Jeanne’s contract. She is horrible on this show and I hate every minute she’s on the screen. They are trying so hard to make her fit but she just doesn’t. She is no Prentiss and never will be. Spencer, however, cannot go anywhere ever as long as the show is on.

• Shannon says:

I thought I was going to hate Alex, as her intro was more than a little awkward and strained, but the more episodes I see her in the more I like her.

• I don’t hate her, she’s just completely irrelevant to me. They could have given her so much personality, but didn’t :(, and that’s sad. The ONLY time I liked her was when she was teaching a cass, outside the BAU. It was like, “Hey, there’s a person, with something in her.”

And I wasn’t particularly a Prentiss fan, but she was better than Alex.

• Sara says:

I actually like her character simply because of her interactions with Reid. I love that he has someone who he can ramble with and who understands him. The crossword puzzle at the beginning of the last episode was awesome.

• spacecowboy says:

Maybe yes it’s CM; the big-name actor & new section chief aka Esai Morales (La Bamba, NYPD Blue etc.) just my thoughts bc of the hint “new full-time gig”. It’s left open if he has currently a full-time job. New show: ???

As for Homeland’s Brody well that would be … I don’t know the ending of the show?

I’m as clueless as everyone and could use more hints

22. Cass says:

I have no clue… scott foley on Scandal

• Scandal would end without Scott he is the heart of the show Goldwyn can’t act

• Kay says:

Kerry Washington is the heart of the show. How you get the idea that Scott Foley is the central character only you can know, but I suspect you confuse a romance subplot with everything Scandal is really about.

• Oh i know that Kerry is the heart of the show but Scott makes it better he is an amazing actor he is the reason why more people tune in he is so sexy and looks great with Kerry

• Jillian says:

This is a joke right? People tune in because Kerry Washington is a queen and it’s one of the most buzzed about shows on television

• Anna says:

I don’t even watch this show and I know this is untrue.

• Alicia says:

LOL seriously this is pathetic .. even a child would know Foley isn’t the heart of Scandal, people don’t even want him on the show

• you and your crazies may not like Scott cause you Ship Olitz but everyone else loves him no one cares about Tony Olake is happening so get over it and just learn to love Scott I mean come on even Scott think Olitz shipper are dumb and Shonda find you guys Creepy nothing but love for Olake

• Anon1 says:

LOL – I’ll assume you are being sarcastic. Scott Foley is a terrible actor whose career is living off of the memories of Felicity. He is lucky to be on Scandal which was a hit before he came on board.

• Maya says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Oh love, your braids or weave are way too tight. You’re having a migraine. Take a glass of water and a nap.

• TV Gord says:

It’s nice to see Scott Foley’s mother reads TV Line!

• jenn says:

In what alternate reality is Foley, man of two facial expressions, an acting phenom? He’s a middling actor- you know it and everyone in the fandom jokes about it. He portrays Jake as stiff, awkward, with a flat, dimensionless affect. He has terrible chemistry with Kerry. Tony Goldwyn is an excellent film and stage actor and the NYT just complimented his portrayal in a recent article. And yes, Kerry Washington is absolutely the heart and lead of the show.

23. So the show hasn’t been pitched to any network yet, so the creator of that said show doesn’t have any guarantee that any network is even gonna be interested…I hope the said actor didn’t make his decision to leave his current show based on this script he read..

• Marie says:

The way I understood it, the character was already set to die, the actor found another project to move on to, but they can’t pitch it because the death did not air yet.

• steve says:

the way i understand it is below said the death was already going to happen & he found another project but cant speak about it because his death has not yet happened on screen not he left this show to go to this other show

24. Anthony says:

Damien Lewis.

25. tejasjulia says:

Is the new series NCIS:NOLA? It’s the only fairly certain pick up I can think of off hand.

26. Tricia says:

John Francis Daley is a comedy writer… would we consider him a star? RIP Sweets?

• Tricia says:

Hold up, I think I read the clues wrong.

• I thought the same thing when I read this! He just had Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 come out so he is definitely an up and coming writer.

• Tina says:

One can only hope! Old school fan. Once he was introduced, I tried to keep watching, but quickly lost interest. Though JFD is a great actor, I still don’t see a purpose for the character of Sweets. At all. He’s severely annoying. Hasta Sweets.

• Ali says:

Yak, Sweets is all over Bones, now he’s Booth’s field partner too, guess B & B dont need to be field partners now that they are life partners. Please let it be Sweets. Fly little duck, fly.

27. rk535 says:

I am SO afraid it’s Josh Dallas (David from Once Upon a Time!) True Love’s Kiss maybe won’t save him… Maybe Billy Burke on Revolution? Interesting…

28. Krystan says:

Eric Close

29. Mariana says:

oh crap, as long as it’s not Castle’s Nathan Fillion I’ll live…

30. Damian Lewis from Homeland ??

31. Michael says:

Is it Max on Parenthood? JK

• schu says:

Ooo you’re terrible. But I did chuckle, not gonna lie. Maybe Zeke? That would tear the family apart…and I’d cry…as is usual with Phood so no shocker there.

32. Tony says:

If it’s soon, it’s not Walking Dead. I know who’s still alive as of episode 12-13

33. Marlene says:

David on Once Upon a Time? Hope not…

34. Maria says:

It’s one of the Js.

35. Kavanaugh says:

Mmm… Josh Dallas from Once Upon a Time? Would be a hell of a twist to see Charming’s death…

36. Travis says:

Scott Caan

37. Carol says:

I’m gonna go with Scott Foley from Scandal. His character is small enough that he would leave for a potential staring role and it would be reasonable to kill him.

• All the secrecy sort of implies that the character is a lead character on the show, not a supporting one…

• Jules says:

I would have to argue that Scott Foley, while great and I love him, is hardly considered A star on Scandal.

• Scott Foley is a big star bigger than Tony Goldwyn so if anyone is leaving it’s Tony Goldwyn

• Marina says:

LOL this is the most ridiculous comment EVER .. Tony Goldwyn is the leading man of Scandal of course he is a MUCH bigger star than Scott Foley can ever be .. and Foley is hated by Scandal fans because of his disrespectful behavior so I hope it is him but he isn’t a big time actor so it’s not him

• Mike R. says:

Only because Scandal fans(mostly shippers) are the absolute worst. Not that it matters since neither Foley or Goldwyn are being killed off anytime soon whether fans like it or not.

• Tony has a new show he is taking part in so It could be him

• Mike R. says:

No, under no circumstances does Shonda was to lose the Olitz shippers, they take up the majority of the fandom, she has no problem jerking them around with a love triangle, but she would not permanently kill off the ship by killing Fitz.

• Oh really Scott Foley is amazing to his Fans Tony Goldwyn is rude and very creepy so please miss me with Scandal fans hating On Foley none of the real fans of the show hate Scott they all love him Tony is not and will never be the male Lead on scandal Scott is the lead now and that is the best thing for the show the rating are so good now plus have you seen how sexy Scott Foley is

• Alicia says:

just stop making a fool out of yourself .. Shonda herself said Tony Goldwyn was the leading man of Scandal .. so just shut up and spare us your delusion

• Mike R. says:

I’m a fan of Scott, but this is just sad. Golwyn as Fitz is still the Male lead of the show, and that really isn’t debatable. Kerry Washington is the lead and that is really all that matters, but Foley is no more than a supporting character, it is sad to argue otherwise.

• Bouncy Castle, UK says:

There’s this wonderful new invention just arrived on the scene. It is called punctuation.

• RUCookie says:

Completely off your Scott Foley rant, but where in the world did you leave your punctuation? Did you not learn how to use periods, commas, question marks? It is infuriating to read your rambling posts without some basic sentence structure. I kindly refer you to “The Grammer Book.” You can find it in your local bookstore, on Amazon and online.

• trainwreck says:

I dunno but when i hear the word “Death” on TV, i think of Two Names – any prodction from ShondaLand (as in Grey’s and Scandal) … or Game of Thrones!

I would go with Scott too if the person is from Scandal.. however Kevin McKidd from Grey’s is a big ossibility given Sandra Oh is already leaving.

38. “Trap shut”…that has to be a clue. Right?

39. Ashley says:

Umm, what about John Francis Daley?

40. I’m guessing Damian Lewis from Homeland…

41. Jen says:

I think it’s David Boreanaz!

• Ashley says:

David Boreanaz told a couple days ago that he is not leaving Bones & he will be n the show till the end (could be in EW don’t remember exactly). But i think it’s another Bones member… John Francis Daley

• Alex says:

I think you might be right. Especially because I remember an interview where one of them said a major character would be killed off this year on Bones. I know I’m in the minority, but I love Sweets.

• Katie T says:

You’re right, it’s definitely not David. Someone tweeted him a few days ago asking if he’d be doing s10 and he said yes if it’s picked up. It’s just some dumb idiots seem to keep spreading rumours that he wants out as he seems to have to say something every few months as the rumours keep appearing. Nothing that David has ever said has indicated he wants off Bones

• cesar says:

David is not a writer

• Williwasnt says:

But the guy who plays Sweets is. He wrote “Horrible Bosses” and I think he wrote “Identity Thief”

• Ina Hark says:

The person who is the big time actor has signed on to star in a pilot that the pilot’s writer has to stay mum about until the actor’s character is killed off on his current series. The item doesn’t say that the starring actor is also writing and producing the pilot.

Since the death is happening soon, the actor is big-time (i.e. has won an Emmy), I think those picking Damian Lewis are correct.

• Manny says:

Thank you! There’s a lot of people commenting here that apparently can’t read nor do they understand what a “big-time”, “headliner” actor is. Supporting actors and writers/producers don’t count. This is a lead character on a drama. I think Damian Lewis is the man they are talking about.

42. mikicza says:

Ron Perlman finally?

43. yunuem says:

Patrick Dempsey, he doesn’t hasn´t had a decent storyline in 3 years

• d says:

I’m thinking this too.

• Josh Emerson says:

That was my first thought. No idea if it makes sense, but it’s what came into my head reading this.

• Mo says:

Possible, but, I thought if he left Grey’s it would be to race full time. Still, it could happen. My first thought was David on OUAT.

• ajintexas says:

Came here just to say this. I like the Damien Lewis predictions, but honestly it seems a lot of these items end up having to do with characters on Grey’s for some reason.

• Marc says:

He wants to drive race cars more, so I’d be surprised he’s commit to star in another series, unless we are talking a limited-run show, shorter seasons than The Newsroom, six to eight eps, the sort they make in the UK.

• Karrie says:

Patrick Dempsey is the best guess I’ve read so far or Eric Close from Nashville.

• Then again, it could be Nathan Fillion, who 'hurt his back again' dancing at the Emmys says:

Yep, my thinking as well – it’s Dempsey. His contract (and Ellen P’s) are coming up at the end of this season. If both decide to leave together, great, then both can be written out by Shonda and team in May. If one wants to leave and the other wants to stay, that could be problematic for the writing team. Makes for a more powerful storyline going forward into a Grey’s future with having Meridith be a grieving widow trying to get on with her life and career after beloved husband’s death- ratings gold for Greys.

• Vina says:

Why is a TV series about Doctors is killing it’s cast more than a detective/cops series? Weird.

• Ange says:

In an interview I believe late last year, he’d already said he did not want to leave Grey’s as long as there was a Grey’s because they work around his racing schedule.

44. Rosalyn says:

The tv line website earlier said someone was being killed off of Bones. So my sad thought is that it might be Booth.

• Emgee says:

You’re joking, right? This late in that series’ run, they are not going to kill off one of the two principle characters.

45. Kate says:

It’s a big-time actor on a popular hourlong TV drama. Those two clues narrow the pool a bit. What are popular hourlong dramas on right now? “Castle,” “NCIS,” “Walking Dead,” “Downton Abbey,” “SVU,” “CSI,” “Parenthood,” “The Good Wife,” “Scandal,” “Revenge.” Now, who has a “big-time actor” on the show who would jump ship for an up-and-coming writer/producer? (Some of you are mentioning actors I’ve never heard of, so those don’t qualify as “big-time actors” in my book.)

• Susan Krisha says:

So if you’ve never heard of them they don’t “qualify” as “big time actors”? that narrows it down to only shows you have heard of. That really narrows the field.

• Addie says:

Well to be fair, if someone is considered a “big-time” actor, that usually means that they’re fairly recognizable to the general public, even if they don’t watch the show they’re on.

• S. says:

**Downton interview-based S4 quasi-spoiler** Michelle Dockery basically said she didn’t think the show could withstand another major death this season and we’re led to believe from various interview statements that won’t happen so no, nobody’s getting killed off of Downton Abbey. At least not anybody that would count as a major casting coup. It’d have to be a minor character that would never headline a major show.

• Eleonora11 says:

Jim Caviezel? It’s who came to my mind when I saw the blurry image above….But POI without him is unthinkable!

• Kaybee says:

He was my first thought too.

• Tone LG says:

Ditto. With Sarah Shahi and Amy Acker now firmly embedded in the show, there’s room to kill off the lead and keep it going. Not sure I’d keep watching though.

• R.O.B. says:

Caviezel is not going anywhere – POI is highly watched and in no small part because of him. Dude is the Batman of primetime TV. Why would anyone in his position want to take their chances on a pilot that could be doomed like 90% of them are?

46. Olivia says:

Michael, what do you mean by “he won’t have to keep his trap shut for much longer”, can you at least give us a little something? Days, weeks?

• Calling Dr. Shepherd, calling Dr. Shepherd - - look out of that bus while crossing the street!! says:

Just guessing, but it might mean that shows that are on their potentially last season need to get a yes/no from the actors on the show weather they want to go forward another season or not. If not, they need to let the producers know so that they can plan the end of the series (in May), or write scripts knowing their will be a ‘next season’ (in this case, in fall 2014).

In my mind, that really leaves three actors – Dempsey/Greys, Fillion/Castle, Danson/CSI. All three are able to ‘opt-out’ of their deals at point leading into fall 2014. My money is on Dempsey – I think he needs to get moving on with his career.

47. Nick says:

Maybe someone from Homeland or Grey’s Anatomy…

48. Zach says:

Ray Romano! He’s still on Parenthood, right? It’s gotta be him.

• DL says:

Ray Romano isn’t “starring” on Parenthood. I think it has to at least be a series regular, and probably the male lead of the show.

• Zach says:

My bad. It’s so rare to kill off leads, I just figured some prominent recurring character is being killed off.

On that note, could it be Peter Krause?