Exclusive

The Americans Exclusive: Margo Martindale Returning as Claudia in Season 2

The Americans Season 2How do you say ‘hooray’ in Russian?*

Margo Martindale is returning to FX’s The Americans as Elizabeth and Phillip’s KGB handler Claudia in Season 2, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | The Americans Season 2: Who’s Getting Promoted to Series Regular?

“Sources say this intel is very strong,” executive producer Joel Fields cheekily confirms, adding, “She’ll be back for at least one episode.”

Martindale, who netted a 2013 Emmy nod for playing Claudia, will juggle The Americans with her current starring role in CBS’ new comedy The Millers.

The Americans returns in early 2014.

*Ypa!

1. Gaara says:

Yay ypa! Can’t wait

2. JSG5 says:

Awesome. Looking forward to watching her on the show again..

3. KND says:

This makes me happy…but wish for more than one episode!

4. Geo says:

Margo should be a regular on The Americans, not The Millers. It’s sad to see her talents wasted on that beyond-stupid sitcom when she could be regularly playing the complex and interesting character she plays on Americans.

• Gail says:

SOOOO TRUE!!! What is wrong with people who love to watch absolute crap?? Tired old sex- based-inuendo humor. :(*** !!! She’s a talented lady, but that show SUCKS!! Can’t wait for The Amerikans to come back!!

5. kate says:

this is great news. she stole so many scenes! …which was hard to do, with the phenomenal job Keri Russell was doing.

6. adam woodworth says:

She is such a great actor and has so much going for her right now. “The Americans” is lucky to have her and should keep her on as long as possible!

7. Simon Jester says:

Great news… but one episode isn’t *nearly* enough!

8. Bobby says:

Margo Martindale is like the Meryl Streep of TV lol, she can play anything, appear everywhere, and does it all perfectly. So excited to have her back for season two.

9. Ali says:

Her acting talent and shows like “The Americans” reaffirm my faith that not everyone in America is a dumb realityTV fan. She has acting chops and such great range. She should be in everything.

10. Superhero says:

This isn’t exactly a surprise; it was always likely that she’d appear for at least one episode to explain her departure. But I desperately wish that she could stick around for the whole season. Instead, her talents are being wasted on some mediocre multi-camera sitcom. *sighs*

11. Joey says:

Best news I’ve heard all night. Now The Millers just needs to be canceled so she can be a more regular presence here.

• JEst says:

As great as she is, if they wanted her to be a more regular presence in the first place, she probably wouldn’t have been in the position to be on the Millers in the first place. With that in mind, we can’t assume that if The Millers were to be cancelled, that she would permanently be back on The Americans.

• Don says:

The Millers just got picked for a Whole Season.

12. Margo Martindale has become one of my favorite actors glad she gets to participate in this ,

13. Lilys87 says:

Great news ! But I want her for more than one ep…

14. Whatever says:

That’s good news the entire season would be GREAT news .
    The Millers is such a waste of Margo’s talent. IMHO
    I love Margo but I’m not watching the Millers.

15. Tom Charles says:

I don’t think she’ll have to juggle for long but I could be wrong

16. do it says:

Hopefully not just to kill her off. The Millers may get through a whole season seeing as it’s behind BBT but it’s not going to get a second. They should keep her alive so they can bring her back as soon as she’s available.

• JEst says:

Even though the ratings would in theory drop without having TBBT as a lead in, if the ratings remain as is with the lead in, then it in theory can last at least a few years since TBBT is unlikely to go anywhere.

17. Blitzkrieg says:

How accurate is this intel? Did the info comes from First Chief Directorate?

18. Aimee says:

I am really glad to hear this. She is fantastic on the Americans and the scenes between her and Keri are soooooooo good!!!

19. JKR says:

Da! Ypa! This just made me very excited for The Americans to come back.

20. jsswite says:

As great as she is in the Americans, she was 10 times more amazing on Justified. Mags Bennett rules.

21. Alan says:

she wont have to juggle the two, the millers will be dead long before she has to worry about that. anyway its good to hear this because she was fantastic in season one.

22. Mikael says:

YES!!!!!!!!!! She was one of my favorite parts of Season 1. She and Keri Russell play off each other really well too.

23. Howdy this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know
    if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience
    so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

24. If you are having doubts, you can reach those customers online and ask for their
    comments. The next article will look at what questions
    to ask and what information to get. You will
    not want seeing a worker dying because of fixing your roof.

25. rhonda says:

My first experience with Margo Martindale “The Millers”. I love that show, never watched comedies before this. It’s GREAT!!!!!!!!

26. Raylan Givens says:

Really shouldve gotten someone younger as the handler, so they wouldnt need to use too visible of a plothole for her to deal with something. That taser she used, I mean honestly a modern day cartridge taser in the 1980s? Send the pig to limehouse already, ill start my piggy bank.

27. Замечательно!

28. By the way “ура” is pronounced “oo-RAH!” (The letters are Cyrillic not English).

29. Kathy Hynds says:

It is great to see so many cross over actors like Margo Martindale. Add her “The Miller”s colleque Beau Bridges and “mom’s” Allison Janney to the list who are both phenoms in The Masters of Sex. I would like to see more serious actors throw a little comedy out there during their season hiatus.

30. RichieS says:

Bridges is good in Masters but is completely outshined by Janney who is at least equal to and probably better than the great team of writers this show has assembled. Her poignant portrayal actually brought a tear or three to my eyes.

31. Thank you for sharing уour thoսghts. I trulу appredciate ƴouг efforts
    and I will be waiing for yoսr next write ups thankѕ onϲe aɡain.