HBO Announces Dates for Girls Season 3, Jonathan Groff's Gay Dramedy Looking

Get More: Scheduling News

Girls Season 3Girls will resume having angsty, awkward fun this January.

HBO on Wednesday announced that Season 3 of Lena Dunham’s coming-of-age comedy will premiere on Sunday, Jan. 12 with two back-to-back episodes (beginning 10/9c).

Looking HBOThat same night, the cabler will launch its Matthew McConaughey-Woody Harrelson limited series True Detective (9/8c).

VIDEO | Watch the Trailer for HBO’s True Detective

Meanwhile, on Sunday, Jan. 19, Jonathan Groff’s new gay-centric dramedy Looking will take over the post-Girls slot at 10:30/9:30c.

Comments (14)

• I’m so excited for Looking!

Comment by tvaddict – October 16, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to True Detective. The trailer is fantastic.

Comment by Francine – October 16, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Newsroom?

Comment by Bill Prickett – October 16, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not officially renewed yet. Sorkin’s busy.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 16, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • whaaat? :O
        I have binge-watched the entire series and can i just say “whaaaat” on “not yet renewed” status?
        What is the hold-up? The lead actor just won the Emmy for best leading man, show does fairly well in ratings and the entire ensemble is fantastic!

Comment by trainwreck – October 16, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i think i missed “Sorkin’s busy” part.. but still: Mr. Sorkin, if you’re reading, GET YOUR PRIORITIES straight and give us a season 3!

Comment by trainwreck – October 16, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The script I read for Looking (before it had a title) was the worst. The gay stereotypes were there, and while that was annoying, it wasn’t the main problem. The main problem was IT WAS NOT FUNNY! There were literally no attempts at humor. I can’t wait to not watch.

Comment by Zach – October 16, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe it changed since it got a title.

Comment by KSM – October 16, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The funny thing about stereotypes is that they’re mostly true! And I say this as a gay man who loves my queeny, flamboyant brothers. I don’t think you can say the same.

Comment by alistaircrane – October 16, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have numerous gay friends, but only one who is remotely flamboyant. But maybe that’s just me, and I tend to be friends with people I have things in common with.

Comment by Zach – October 16, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited for both!

Comment by Jared – October 16, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on popculturerevelations and commented:
    So excited for Girls season 3!

Comment by Taylor Jackson – October 16, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would you please stop prefacing Looking and/or Jonathan Groff’s show as “gay.” It doesn’t make it less of a tv series than the non-epithet-ed Girls, etc.

Comment by aRiv – October 16, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have you heard anything of NBC about the date of the premiere of Chicago PD?

Comment by luiza – October 16, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post