Once Upon a Time First Look: Can Rumplestiltskin Rescue His Son from Peter Pan?

Get More: Photo Gallery

The next episode of ABC’s Once Upon a Time will flash back to the time Rumplestiltskin first met Peter Pan, in the course of saving his son Bae from the perils of Neverland. And we’ve got a smattering of photos from the face-off.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Recap: Neal Travels to Neverland, Mulan Loves Aurora

In the episode “Nasty Habits” — which among other things will explore Rumple’s haunting “daddy issues” — as Gold decides to confront Pan in the present day, Rumplestiltskin in the Fairytale Land That Was goes in search of his missing son.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time @ New York Comic-Con: Talking Kissing, ‘SwanQueen,’ Life Back in Storybrooke and More

Elsewhere in the hour, grown-up Bae/Neal must deal with having landed in Neverland in the custody of Lost Boy Felix, while the Dreamshade poison begins to take its toll on Charming.

Comments (28)

• My only question is how Prince Charming manages to stay so well coiffed in Neverland? I don’t think that there is a hairstylist there.

Comment by CC – October 14, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Magic.

Comment by Peach – October 14, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Once he lost his shaggy Sheppard look, his hair refused to go back.

Comment by Mary – October 14, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was having a terrible day until I read this comment!!! Thanks so much! :-D

Comment by English – October 14, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s just that good. On that note, who else thinks he should keep his shirt off so his wound can get some air? All that sweatyness rubbing against it can’t be good (I think Ginny would agree to that).

Comment by Addie – October 14, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is what I most want to see in the next episode. Rumpel / Baelfire (Neal) and what will happen to Charming.

Comment by ratinhos60 – October 14, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want Charming to die. I hope they will find a way to save him. This show wouldn’t be the same without him. Looking forward to seeing other stuff though, Charming part not so much. I have a feeling i’ll be balling my eyes out dealing with him.

Comment by Sarah – October 14, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Saving Charming is maybe a route for Tink’s redemption?

Comment by John 1138 – October 14, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah for me, if they ever killed off Charming, Snow or Emma, I would have a hard time staying interested in the show. I hope Emma ends up being the one to save her daddy. Because he’s not dying, I refuse to believe it!

Comment by Addie – October 14, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would love to see Emma saving him! Personally, I think she’s going to have to save both Charming and Snow, since Snow will probably get herself into trouble saving him. Plus, she has to be in peril at some point due to Pans threat of losing BOTH her parents.

Comment by Christina – October 14, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s Pan’s goal to make Emma an orphan. First, you eliminate Charming. Then Snow. How they’re saved is curious. But they may die a temporary death. ‘Cuz that would advance their relationship with Emma.

Comment by Name That Tune – October 14, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For me, eliminating Charming from the show wouldn’t upset me at all really. I’d be more angry if they were to remove say Rumple, Regina, Emma, or Hook.

Comment by abz – October 15, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tink losing her wings is bad, grubby is a sad look for her. Blue has lost points with me because of that.

Comment by John 1138 – October 14, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want Tink to get back to Storybrooke so she can knock Blue on her ass. That would be the best!

Comment by tp – October 14, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ok I’m already excited for this episode! I really can’t see the show killing off Charming, but I’m sure it’ll be very touch and go before they find a cure. And it looks like Rumple finds Bae when he first went to Neverland – I can’t wait to find out why he couldn’t rescue him then….

Comment by Joan – October 14, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought that the last time Baelfire and his dad met was when he went into the portal? How is this going to work?

Comment by HanLin – October 14, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I guess that takes care of my personal theory that Pan was Rumple’s brother.

Comment by Mari – October 14, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I never thought of that! Why couldn’t that be the case, still? Wow, and kudos to the inventive minds of the fans.

Comment by prish – October 14, 2013 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just need more Neal. I need more of his background, because I personally think the character is great, and I think if we saw more of his background basically from when he got taken by the Lost Boys to when he met Emma, he might be facing a lot less hate on here and other sites.

Comment by Joey – October 14, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We see Rumple and Bae together… but something tells me that is not really Bae. Perhaps an illusion Pan created back when magic was more powerful in Neverland.

Then again… if it is really Bae… really going to be interesting to see how this all works.

Comment by Cory – October 14, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait so Rumple was reunited with son, before he was reunited with his son? That sort of, idk, diminishes two years of character development. Or at the least gives the Manhattan episode a little less impact.

Comment by Chris – October 14, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this could be before Rumple meet the Seer again because Rum is wearing the same clothes and hair style as he was in Manhatten.

Comment by Boo – October 15, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really tired of this Neverland storyline – it’s painfully boring. Wrap it up and get back to Storybrooke already.

Comment by Molly – October 14, 2013 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely disagree with this. It’s way more interesting than Storybrooke. Anyway, A&E said Neverland will take place during the first half of the season (i.e. the first 11 episodes or so) so it’s not gonna be wrapped up any time soon. You’ll get to see Storybrooke in episode 7 though.

Comment by abz – October 15, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes I’m already a bit tired of potted palms and bad CGI. At least on Lost when people were wandering around aimlessly in the jungle they had a real jungle. I just don’t see how they can drag this out for another 8 episodes. The only saving grace has been that they’ve managed at least one important emotional milestone for at least one character in each ep so far–but the frame story is so boring. Last season was too much plot; this season is not enough.

Comment by Cass – October 15, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing missing is Matt’s witty captions.

Comment by Lysh – October 15, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about he just leaves him and let’s Pan have his way with him? Maybe that will bring out the young Bae in him that was a much better version of the character.

Comment by abz – October 15, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m dying to see when and how Rumple meets Pan and teen Bae. Maybe it will explain some of the stuff Neal says/does that he can’t possibly have known about when he left FTL (ex: mocking Rumple’s hand gestures or saying that bad stuff happens to people who break deals with him).

Comment by Cass – October 15, 2013 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post