Once Upon a Time First Look: Can Rumplestiltskin Rescue His Son from Peter Pan?

The next episode of ABC’s Once Upon a Time will flash back to the time Rumplestiltskin first met Peter Pan, in the course of saving his son Bae from the perils of Neverland. And we’ve got a smattering of photos from the face-off.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Recap: Neal Travels to Neverland, Mulan Loves Aurora

In the episode “Nasty Habits” — which among other things will explore Rumple’s haunting “daddy issues” — as Gold decides to confront Pan in the present day, Rumplestiltskin in the Fairytale Land That Was goes in search of his missing son.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time @ New York Comic-Con: Talking Kissing, ‘SwanQueen,’ Life Back in Storybrooke and More

Elsewhere in the hour, grown-up Bae/Neal must deal with having landed in Neverland in the custody of Lost Boy Felix, while the Dreamshade poison begins to take its toll on Charming.

1. CC says:

My only question is how Prince Charming manages to stay so well coiffed in Neverland? I don’t think that there is a hairstylist there.

2. ratinhos60 says:

It is what I most want to see in the next episode. Rumpel / Baelfire (Neal) and what will happen to Charming.

3. Sarah says:

I don’t want Charming to die. I hope they will find a way to save him. This show wouldn’t be the same without him. Looking forward to seeing other stuff though, Charming part not so much. I have a feeling i’ll be balling my eyes out dealing with him.

• John 1138 says:

Saving Charming is maybe a route for Tink’s redemption?

• Addie says:

Yeah for me, if they ever killed off Charming, Snow or Emma, I would have a hard time staying interested in the show. I hope Emma ends up being the one to save her daddy. Because he’s not dying, I refuse to believe it!

• Christina says:

I would love to see Emma saving him! Personally, I think she’s going to have to save both Charming and Snow, since Snow will probably get herself into trouble saving him. Plus, she has to be in peril at some point due to Pans threat of losing BOTH her parents.

• Name That Tune says:

It’s Pan’s goal to make Emma an orphan. First, you eliminate Charming. Then Snow. How they’re saved is curious. But they may die a temporary death. ‘Cuz that would advance their relationship with Emma.

• abz says:

For me, eliminating Charming from the show wouldn’t upset me at all really. I’d be more angry if they were to remove say Rumple, Regina, Emma, or Hook.

4. John 1138 says:

Tink losing her wings is bad, grubby is a sad look for her. Blue has lost points with me because of that.

5. Joan says:

ok I’m already excited for this episode! I really can’t see the show killing off Charming, but I’m sure it’ll be very touch and go before they find a cure. And it looks like Rumple finds Bae when he first went to Neverland – I can’t wait to find out why he couldn’t rescue him then….

6. HanLin says:

I thought that the last time Baelfire and his dad met was when he went into the portal? How is this going to work?

7. Mari says:

Well, I guess that takes care of my personal theory that Pan was Rumple’s brother.

8. Joey says:

I just need more Neal. I need more of his background, because I personally think the character is great, and I think if we saw more of his background basically from when he got taken by the Lost Boys to when he met Emma, he might be facing a lot less hate on here and other sites.

9. Cory says:

We see Rumple and Bae together… but something tells me that is not really Bae. Perhaps an illusion Pan created back when magic was more powerful in Neverland.

Then again… if it is really Bae… really going to be interesting to see how this all works.

10. Chris says:

Wait so Rumple was reunited with son, before he was reunited with his son? That sort of, idk, diminishes two years of character development. Or at the least gives the Manhattan episode a little less impact.

• Boo says:

this could be before Rumple meet the Seer again because Rum is wearing the same clothes and hair style as he was in Manhatten.

11. Molly says:

I’m really tired of this Neverland storyline – it’s painfully boring. Wrap it up and get back to Storybrooke already.

• abz says:

I completely disagree with this. It’s way more interesting than Storybrooke. Anyway, A&E said Neverland will take place during the first half of the season (i.e. the first 11 episodes or so) so it’s not gonna be wrapped up any time soon. You’ll get to see Storybrooke in episode 7 though.

• Cass says:

Yes I’m already a bit tired of potted palms and bad CGI. At least on Lost when people were wandering around aimlessly in the jungle they had a real jungle. I just don’t see how they can drag this out for another 8 episodes. The only saving grace has been that they’ve managed at least one important emotional milestone for at least one character in each ep so far–but the frame story is so boring. Last season was too much plot; this season is not enough.

12. Lysh says:

The only thing missing is Matt’s witty captions.

13. abz says:

How about he just leaves him and let’s Pan have his way with him? Maybe that will bring out the young Bae in him that was a much better version of the character.

14. Cass says:

I’m dying to see when and how Rumple meets Pan and teen Bae. Maybe it will explain some of the stuff Neal says/does that he can’t possibly have known about when he left FTL (ex: mocking Rumple’s hand gestures or saying that bad stuff happens to people who break deals with him).