Victoria Justice to Lead MTV Pilot Eye Candy

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Victoria Justice Eye Candy MTV PilotWhen it comes to casting its new drama pilot, MTV has been Victorious.

Victoria Justice will star in the potential series Eye Candy, the network announced Friday.

RELATED | MTV Orders Copycat Karaoke Competition

The cyber thriller — based on RL Stine’s novel of the same name — centers around Lindy (Justice), a beautiful but reclusive hacker whose blog exposes everything from terrorist plots to suspected killers. After her roommate convinces her to try online dating, Lindy is targeted by a dangerous cyber stalker, whom she believes is one of her suitors. When things take a deadly turn, she teams up with the city’s cyber-crime unit to catch the killer.

“Victoria Justice is exactly someone we want to be in business with,” MTV’s President of Programming Susanne Daniels said in a statement. “Not only does she resonate with our audience, she has a huge fan base and is extremely talented. We are very lucky to have her.”

Justice came to fame as the star of Nickelodeon’s Victorious. She has also appeared on Everwood, Zoey 101 and iCarly.

Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight) will direct the pilot and exec-produce alongside Jason Blum, Yvonne Bernard and Beth Elise Hawk. Emmy Grinwis penned the project and will serve as a co-EP.

Comments (17)

• Seems like an interesting premise and MTV is quickly becoming a network to watch, Especially with it’s upcoming horror pilots. I haven’t seen much of Victoria’s acting range but I do like her.

Comment by Cherry – October 11, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for her. I never cared much for her before I saw her in concert this year and realized how truly talented she is. It’ll be interesting to see her go from over the top acting that Nickelodeon requires to something more subdued with this. Hope it works out for her.

Comment by Ley – October 11, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lets hope she doesnt do to this show what she did to the popular show she was already on. Tell the cast they are not big enough to join her on tour and that she wants to do her own tour instead without them

Comment by ggny – October 11, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its funny cuz the person she didn’t like the most (ariana grande) is now more famous than her. But good for her in getting this part. Im sure she will do well.

Comment by lindy – October 11, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well I wouldn’t like somebody lying about me trying to ruin my career and turn my fans against me either.So it’s understandable why Victoria doesn’t like Ariana.For me,personality will always beat fame.

Comment by Carrie – October 12, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, seeing as how there doesn’t seem to be any singing involved, I doubt it

Comment by bar – October 11, 2013 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually she never did that.I find it hilarious that you are taking Ariana’s word.If Victoria really wanted to go on a solo tour then she wouldn’t have been with BTR.It was her choice and she said she would go with BTR.Incase you haven’t realized Ariana can’t even get her ‘story’ correct.She is always changing it lol

Comment by Carrie – October 12, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like how in all the stories about Ariana, she’s always the innocent” one.

My opinion is that people don’t know the real her, not that I do of course but she seems fake to me.

Comment by Sash – October 12, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still miss Victorious on Nickelodeon. Didn’t deserve to get canceled. :-(

Comment by Tran 2.0 – October 11, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is the strangest premise for a show I’ve heard in a while

Comment by bar – October 11, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like her as an actress. She’s cute and has good comedic timing. Might check this one out.

Comment by Mark – October 11, 2013 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Victoria Justice and this seems like the perfect project for her. I’ll definitely be watching!

Comment by Jared – October 12, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How in the hell does this seem like the perfect project for anyone… let alone Victoria Justice?

Comment by seriously??? – October 15, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the story, but I’m scraed it will turn into some terrible show about teenage private detectives (Nancy Drew style)

Comment by Marie – October 12, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds interesting! But I feel like this would be better as a movie. I can’t imagine expanding this idea (interestingly enough) over the course of a few seasons. Great casting decision though! I love Victoria.

Comment by jammie – October 12, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The most beautiful person on the planet she will go far

Comment by Jay – November 22, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey don’t hate on my fave detective/game series nancy drewww but yea it sounds more like it should be a movie

Comment by Gia – November 29, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post