Victoria Justice to Lead MTV Pilot Eye Candy

Victoria Justice Eye Candy MTV PilotWhen it comes to casting its new drama pilot, MTV has been Victorious.

Victoria Justice will star in the potential series Eye Candy, the network announced Friday.

RELATED | MTV Orders Copycat Karaoke Competition

The cyber thriller — based on RL Stine’s novel of the same name — centers around Lindy (Justice), a beautiful but reclusive hacker whose blog exposes everything from terrorist plots to suspected killers. After her roommate convinces her to try online dating, Lindy is targeted by a dangerous cyber stalker, whom she believes is one of her suitors. When things take a deadly turn, she teams up with the city’s cyber-crime unit to catch the killer.

“Victoria Justice is exactly someone we want to be in business with,” MTV’s President of Programming Susanne Daniels said in a statement. “Not only does she resonate with our audience, she has a huge fan base and is extremely talented. We are very lucky to have her.”

Justice came to fame as the star of Nickelodeon’s Victorious. She has also appeared on Everwood, Zoey 101 and iCarly.

Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight) will direct the pilot and exec-produce alongside Jason Blum, Yvonne Bernard and Beth Elise Hawk. Emmy Grinwis penned the project and will serve as a co-EP.

1. Cherry says:

Seems like an interesting premise and MTV is quickly becoming a network to watch, Especially with it’s upcoming horror pilots. I haven’t seen much of Victoria’s acting range but I do like her.

2. Ley says:

Good for her. I never cared much for her before I saw her in concert this year and realized how truly talented she is. It’ll be interesting to see her go from over the top acting that Nickelodeon requires to something more subdued with this. Hope it works out for her.

3. ggny says:

Lets hope she doesnt do to this show what she did to the popular show she was already on. Tell the cast they are not big enough to join her on tour and that she wants to do her own tour instead without them

• lindy says:

Its funny cuz the person she didn’t like the most (ariana grande) is now more famous than her. But good for her in getting this part. Im sure she will do well.

• Carrie says:

Well I wouldn’t like somebody lying about me trying to ruin my career and turn my fans against me either.So it’s understandable why Victoria doesn’t like Ariana.For me,personality will always beat fame.

• bar says:

Well, seeing as how there doesn’t seem to be any singing involved, I doubt it

• Carrie says:

Actually she never did that.I find it hilarious that you are taking Ariana’s word.If Victoria really wanted to go on a solo tour then she wouldn’t have been with BTR.It was her choice and she said she would go with BTR.Incase you haven’t realized Ariana can’t even get her ‘story’ correct.She is always changing it lol

• Sash says:

I like how in all the stories about Ariana, she’s always the innocent” one.

My opinion is that people don’t know the real her, not that I do of course but she seems fake to me.

4. Tran 2.0 says:

Still miss Victorious on Nickelodeon. Didn’t deserve to get canceled. :-(

5. bar says:

That is the strangest premise for a show I’ve heard in a while

6. Mark says:

I really like her as an actress. She’s cute and has good comedic timing. Might check this one out.

7. Jared says:

I LOVE Victoria Justice and this seems like the perfect project for her. I’ll definitely be watching!

8. Marie says:

I like the story, but I’m scraed it will turn into some terrible show about teenage private detectives (Nancy Drew style)

9. jammie says:

Sounds interesting! But I feel like this would be better as a movie. I can’t imagine expanding this idea (interestingly enough) over the course of a few seasons. Great casting decision though! I love Victoria.

10. Jay says:

The most beautiful person on the planet she will go far

11. Gia says:

Hey don’t hate on my fave detective/game series nancy drewww but yea it sounds more like it should be a movie