Exclusive

Orphan Black Exclusive: Nashville, Nikita Actors Among Season 2's New Additions

Michiel Huisman Orphan BlackOrphan Black is inducting three new members into The Clone Club in Season 2, including Connie Britton’s on-again/off-again Nashville squeeze and a former Nikita Big Bad.

Michiel Huisman, who plays Rayna’s producer/lover Liam on Nashville (and who also assumes the role of Daario Naharis in Season 4 of Game of Thrones), joins the BBC America hit in the recurring role of Cal Morrison, a rugged, resourceful outdoorsman with surprising emotional depth and a sixth sense about people and situations. Cal will need all his wits and humanity as he crosses paths with the clones. His journey will be fraught with surprise, danger, and revelations he could never see coming.

RELATED | Orphan Black Season 2: Who All Is Coming Back?

Additionally, Peter Outerbridge — best known to TV audiences as Nikita‘s evil (and deceased) Ari — will recur as Henrik “Hank” peter outerbridge orphan blackJohanssen, a mercurial modern-day cowboy.  Johanssen leads a flock of followers that have broken away from the old world “Prolethean” brotherhood.  Under his messianic vision, the age old divide between science and religion has merged, forming a new and formidable threat.

RELATED | Orphan Black Creators Promise No ‘Throwaway Clones,’ Hint at Tiny Time Jump in Season 2

Lastly, up-and-comer Ari Millen (Rookie Blue, Nikita) will appear in multiple episodes as Mark, a cunning predator with a dark edge. Mark is utterly devoted to Johanssen, who took him in and built him into a true believer in the cause. Now, guided by twisted morality and desperate faith, he’s a relentless and dogged pursuer of the clones.

Season 2 of Orphan Black is currently in production and is slated to premiere in April 2014.

1. dude says:

Peter Outerbridge is literally in everything forever.

2. wrstlgirl says:

I just got S1 from Netflix in the mail. Looking forward to watching it this cold, rainy weekend :-) I hear it’s pretty good.

• nancy says:

it’s amazing :)

• Leigh says:

The pilot is fantastic and the good news is each subsequent episode gets better and better. I haven’t been this hooked on a show since early X FILES.

• wrstlgirl says:

You guys are getting me really excited, lol. To make it even better is I know next to nothing about this series. I know it’s about a girl that assumes someone else’s identity, that’s it. I’m treading lightly thru these comments :-)

• Hannah says:

I hop you don’t have anything else important planned for this weekend wrstgirl, including sleep. You’ve got to leave time to re-watch it and introduce all of your friends to it as well!

• Leah says:

Pretty good? That’s probably the understatement of the year. It’s fantastic,and so is this casting news! I think you will enjoy it immensely.

3. Jill says:

Yay! I think Michael Huisman is perfect for Orphan Black! I don’t really like him with Connie Britton, but love him as an actor.

• arianeb says:

I have this theory that the clones are genetically altered “Eves” and can only bear children with genetically altered “Adams”, like Kira’s yet to be seen father. Huisman’s character’s description might fit the bill. Are there a bunch of male clones coming?

4. Alice says:

HOLY CRAP IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER.

5. Shaun says:

great cast for season 2.

6. Gem says:

A few months back I saw a lot of angry people complaining on EW about Tatiana Maslany not being nominated for an Emmy for OB so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Now I’m obsessed with the show,love it. Tat is amazing.

7. SylentMari says:

One of my favorite new shows. I kept reading about it online and was curious to check it out, because it’s my type of genre show, and I was instantly hooked. I marathoned the first season and introduced my roommate to it, who was also instantly addicted. Can’t wait to see new alliances created, more clones, and what’s in store for Sarah, et all.

The cast are so amazing in person too. Met them (minus Tatiana) at Fan Expo Canada in August, and their panel was hysterical and insightful. It’s always awesome to see a cast so passionate about the show they’re on and the characters they portray, and listening to the fans express how much the love the show.

8. Kate says:

Holy crap, next season is sounding very exciting. I did have general thought though with these additions….poor Sarah (and it kind of looks like Paul might get some competition, unless he is just to provide a help to get Alison out of…no wait, that is the angering cliff hanger since I think Sarah’s cliff hanger is a red herring).

9. Very entertaining series…kept me on the edge of my seat to see what might happen next. Not familiar with new actors, but does not matter as I am hooked on series. Looking forward to 2014.

10. ddutchie88 says:

I was like, that dude looks like Michiel Huisman. But that can’t be, he’s Dutch.. I had no idea he was making it in America! Good for him :)) As if I hadn’t enough reasons to be stoked for Orphan Black S2!!

• Annemijk says:

A lot of Dutch actors seem to be doing well in America, ofcourse we all know about Rutger Hauer and Famke Jansen but Michiel was in a lot of films and series, and Carice is doing great on GOT, there was also this girl on the Borgias for years but I never watched that.

11. Samuel says:

i had been watching Peter Outbridge’s performance since Regenesis. Can’t wait to see his performance in Orphan Black :D~

12. MariaD says:

Can someone tell me when season 2 premieres?

13. David4 says:

Orphan Black is the best drama on TV.

14. Quinn Mallory says:

I have never watched Nikita but apparently all 3 actors have been on that show. Any times between the producers/casting directors of Nikita and Orphan Black?

15. To me, Peter Outerbridge will always be Special Agent Barry Baldwin from season three of Millennium. I couldn’t stand the character and I’ve since projected my feelings onto the actor. Whenever I see him in anything I think: ugh, not this douchey guy.

16. ArleneH says:

The TREME guy! Cool.

17. Cynthia says:

last year Daario was all kinds of wrong, I’m glad they’re recasting

18. SallieMccoy says:

My fav Canadian actor, Roy Dupuis; Michael on the original TV La Femme Nikita

19. David says:

Can’t wait for season 2!

20. SEO says:

Thanks for every other informative blog. The place else
    may I am getting that type of information written
    in such a perfect means? I have a mission that I’m simply now running
    on, and I’ve been on the glance out for such info.