Orphan Black Exclusive: Nashville, Nikita Actors Among Season 2′s New Additions

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Michiel Huisman Orphan BlackOrphan Black is inducting three new members into The Clone Club in Season 2, including Connie Britton’s on-again/off-again Nashville squeeze and a former Nikita Big Bad.

Michiel Huisman, who plays Rayna’s producer/lover Liam on Nashville (and who also assumes the role of Daario Naharis in Season 4 of Game of Thrones), joins the BBC America hit in the recurring role of Cal Morrison, a rugged, resourceful outdoorsman with surprising emotional depth and a sixth sense about people and situations. Cal will need all his wits and humanity as he crosses paths with the clones. His journey will be fraught with surprise, danger, and revelations he could never see coming.

RELATED | Orphan Black Season 2: Who All Is Coming Back?

Additionally, Peter Outerbridge — best known to TV audiences as Nikita‘s evil (and deceased) Ari — will recur as Henrik “Hank” peter outerbridge orphan blackJohanssen, a mercurial modern-day cowboy.  Johanssen leads a flock of followers that have broken away from the old world “Prolethean” brotherhood.  Under his messianic vision, the age old divide between science and religion has merged, forming a new and formidable threat.

RELATED | Orphan Black Creators Promise No ‘Throwaway Clones,’ Hint at Tiny Time Jump in Season 2

Lastly, up-and-comer Ari Millen (Rookie Blue, Nikita) will appear in multiple episodes as Mark, a cunning predator with a dark edge. Mark is utterly devoted to Johanssen, who took him in and built him into a true believer in the cause. Now, guided by twisted morality and desperate faith, he’s a relentless and dogged pursuer of the clones.

Season 2 of Orphan Black is currently in production and is slated to premiere in April 2014.

Comments (33)

• Peter Outerbridge is literally in everything forever.

Comment by dude – October 11, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s how we know a show is made Canada :P

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 11, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol thats exactly what I was going to say. Its like there’s some sort of CRTC law that says he has to appear in everything Canadian .

Comment by liz – October 11, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Canada has a limited supply of talented actors compared to Hollywood. This is why the actors you remember seeing in BSG, Fringe, Dark Angel, and Smallville keep showing up in Once Upon A Time, Arrow, Nikita, Suits, Orphan Black, Haven, Continuum, and Being Human.

Comment by arianeb – October 12, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First Canadian show I got into: ReGenesis.

Comment by topoopon – October 11, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just got S1 from Netflix in the mail. Looking forward to watching it this cold, rainy weekend :-) I hear it’s pretty good.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 11, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it’s amazing :)

Comment by nancy – October 11, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The pilot is fantastic and the good news is each subsequent episode gets better and better. I haven’t been this hooked on a show since early X FILES.

Comment by Leigh – October 11, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You guys are getting me really excited, lol. To make it even better is I know next to nothing about this series. I know it’s about a girl that assumes someone else’s identity, that’s it. I’m treading lightly thru these comments :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 11, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hop you don’t have anything else important planned for this weekend wrstgirl, including sleep. You’ve got to leave time to re-watch it and introduce all of your friends to it as well!

Comment by Hannah – October 11, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pretty good? That’s probably the understatement of the year. It’s fantastic,and so is this casting news! I think you will enjoy it immensely.

Comment by Leah – October 11, 2013 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I think Michael Huisman is perfect for Orphan Black! I don’t really like him with Connie Britton, but love him as an actor.

Comment by Jill – October 11, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have this theory that the clones are genetically altered “Eves” and can only bear children with genetically altered “Adams”, like Kira’s yet to be seen father. Huisman’s character’s description might fit the bill. Are there a bunch of male clones coming?

Comment by arianeb – October 12, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOLY CRAP IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER.

Comment by Alice – October 11, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great cast for season 2.

Comment by Shaun – October 11, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A few months back I saw a lot of angry people complaining on EW about Tatiana Maslany not being nominated for an Emmy for OB so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Now I’m obsessed with the show,love it. Tat is amazing.

Comment by Gem – October 11, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my favorite new shows. I kept reading about it online and was curious to check it out, because it’s my type of genre show, and I was instantly hooked. I marathoned the first season and introduced my roommate to it, who was also instantly addicted. Can’t wait to see new alliances created, more clones, and what’s in store for Sarah, et all.

The cast are so amazing in person too. Met them (minus Tatiana) at Fan Expo Canada in August, and their panel was hysterical and insightful. It’s always awesome to see a cast so passionate about the show they’re on and the characters they portray, and listening to the fans express how much the love the show.

Comment by SylentMari – October 11, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy crap, next season is sounding very exciting. I did have general thought though with these additions….poor Sarah (and it kind of looks like Paul might get some competition, unless he is just to provide a help to get Alison out of…no wait, that is the angering cliff hanger since I think Sarah’s cliff hanger is a red herring).

Comment by Kate – October 11, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very entertaining series…kept me on the edge of my seat to see what might happen next. Not familiar with new actors, but does not matter as I am hooked on series. Looking forward to 2014.

Comment by Beverly Brooks (@bbrooks792) – October 11, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was like, that dude looks like Michiel Huisman. But that can’t be, he’s Dutch.. I had no idea he was making it in America! Good for him :)) As if I hadn’t enough reasons to be stoked for Orphan Black S2!!

Comment by ddutchie88 – October 11, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A lot of Dutch actors seem to be doing well in America, ofcourse we all know about Rutger Hauer and Famke Jansen but Michiel was in a lot of films and series, and Carice is doing great on GOT, there was also this girl on the Borgias for years but I never watched that.

Comment by Annemijk – October 13, 2013 03:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i had been watching Peter Outbridge’s performance since Regenesis. Can’t wait to see his performance in Orphan Black :D~

Comment by Samuel – October 11, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can someone tell me when season 2 premieres?

Comment by MariaD – October 11, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Orphan Black is the best drama on TV.

Comment by David4 – October 11, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never watched Nikita but apparently all 3 actors have been on that show. Any times between the producers/casting directors of Nikita and Orphan Black?

Comment by Quinn Mallory – October 11, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To me, Peter Outerbridge will always be Special Agent Barry Baldwin from season three of Millennium. I couldn’t stand the character and I’ve since projected my feelings onto the actor. Whenever I see him in anything I think: ugh, not this douchey guy.

Comment by Matt Asendorf (@sheriffbullock) – October 11, 2013 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The TREME guy! Cool.

Comment by ArleneH – October 12, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • last year Daario was all kinds of wrong, I’m glad they’re recasting

Comment by Cynthia – October 13, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My fav Canadian actor, Roy Dupuis; Michael on the original TV La Femme Nikita

Comment by SallieMccoy – October 14, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for season 2!

Comment by David – November 14, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for every other informative blog. The place else
    may I am getting that type of information written
    in such a perfect means? I have a mission that I’m simply now running
    on, and I’ve been on the glance out for such info.

Comment by SEO – March 22, 2014 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post