The CW Orders Additional Scripts for The Originals, Tomorrow People and Reign

Get More: News

CW The Originals Additonal ScriptsThe CW is giving a vote of confidence to its new fall dramas — one of which has yet to premiere.

The Originals, The Tomorrow People and Reign have each received three additional script orders, TVLine has learned.

PHOTOS | Vampire Diaries Season 5 Spoilers — Damon and Elena’s Historical Ball Costumes

In its regular timeslot this Tuesday, The Originals drew 1.92 million viewers (and 0.9 in the demo), while The Tomorrow People debuted with 2.3 mil/0.8 coming out of Arrow (2.7 mil/0.9) on Wednesday.

Reign begins airing next Thursday at 9/8c.

TVLine readers, for which show are you most excited? Hit the comments with your pick! But first, check out the action-packed New York Comic-Con trailer for The Tomorrow People‘s first season.

Comments (44)

• The Tomorrow People was adjusted up to a 0.9 in the finals.

Comment by Sam – October 10, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Tomorrow People needs to drop the A.I.

Comment by Dennis – October 10, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • originals is so good!!! thank you baby jesus!

Comment by maria – October 10, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like it better than TVD

Comment by Dennis – October 10, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me Too! I like that its not JUST about a love triangle and the back and forth of will they wont they. Its core theme is family & what you will do for your family, what happens when family members need each other and support each other and also what happens when the family dynamic becomes toxic and when an individual needs to put themselves first. And also, what happens when a family gets a new start, or an impossible/miracle gift (ie the baby). The Original family spends so much of their time killing and taking away life, its fascinating that they are all coming together to keep a baby and its mother safe. I am also very interested to see what that baby becomes. Also, while TVD does do a good job of showing friendship, particularly between the women on the show (though the Damon/Alaric friendship was wonderful), I feel as if the Haley/Rebecca friendship is going to be awesome to watch unfold (especially in real life, they are Australian – worked together for years in OZ and are best friends).

I also like how there is the power/political struggle between Klaus & Marcel; a family they created with one another, but the trust gone and the struggle to better one another.

Comment by EL – October 11, 2013 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Personally, I’d like to see a real three sided triangle – with each into the other two. it’d be fresh, and up the LGBT quotient with some bi guys.

Comment by Temperance – October 11, 2013 11:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yeah me too! I just hope they keep Elijah on as a regular :P

Comment by Mike B. (@smknbudah) – October 11, 2013 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No Elijah, no me as a viewer. :P

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – October 11, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wise move for both The Originals and The Tomorrows People.
    I haven’t/won’t watch the Originals as I’m not a TVD fan, but absolutely enjoyed The Tomorrows People, so they’ve got me hooked with that one.
    However, I can already see Reign not doing well. Aside from the TVD lead-in, I don’t see much of an audience.

Comment by JJM – October 10, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • reign is awesome!

Comment by Janine – November 20, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A big yes to The Originals and The Tomorrow People, but don’t think Reign will do as well as they expect it too.. We’ll see, but I have my doubts!

Comment by Sarah-Ann – October 10, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So despite Reign being on most “worst of the fall” lists, CW orders more scripts. Things have to be REALLY bleak for the CW’s midseason dramas.

Comment by Josh – October 10, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the exact same thing.

Comment by writingmyownway – October 10, 2013 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What a knucklehead statement, and it’s completely false. Reign is one of the most anticipated new shows of the fall on any network. You’d better check where you’re making up your twisted info from, dude.

Comment by Jason – October 10, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? Since when? Most talk of the CW has gone to Tomorrow People(tepidly) but this has no been, in any way shape or form, one of the most anticipated new shows. In fact, I’ve heard it bashed for it’s use of modern music, it’s representation of history and the characters, the way it portrays the women of the era, and just all around badness.

A CW show is NEVER one of the most anticipated shows of the season. Not when James Spader, Marvel MovieVerse, Angela Basset and Kathey Bates, Michael J. Fox, and Robin Williams/Sarah Michelle Gellar are all returning to TV, not even in a season where a lot of critics are calling “disappointing”.

Still, it has been called pretty, so that’s something. So yeah, maybe you should check the facts.

Comment by Josh – October 10, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You are definitely wrong. Reign is one of the most anticipated show for sure. It had bigger following on facebook than TTP before second aired. And it has more fans on other social networks as well. Just because you don’t like it, or some people over internet express bad reaction to teen dramas, doesn’t mean the show has no fanbase. I personally can’t wait for it. And this is for sure my favorite show of the fall!

Comment by Karly – October 10, 2013 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • um actually, Reign has gotten pretty good feedback, and on Huffpost tv, reign outranked the tomorrow people. If you havne’t even seen it, i don’t understand your hatred towards it, and therefore, your opinion has zero value.

Comment by Kevin – October 10, 2013 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Whoa- first of all, no ones opinion has “zero value”. And I’m sorry but Josh is right. In terms of the hype with shows like Shield, The Crazy Ones, The Blacklist, American Horror Story, etc- Reign does not stack up. No one said the show doesn’t have any fans or that no one at all is looking forward to it- just that the show is nowhere near one of the most anticipated shows. It’s not. All you have to do is look at the ratings the show will get compared to some of the others I mentioned- they will never stack up. It’s not a bad thing and having followers on social media is great… But Reign just doesn’t have the same kind of hype as other shows. I don’t know why people are taking this so personally.

Comment by Francine – October 11, 2013 08:11 AM PDT

Comment by Temperance – October 11, 2013 11:05 PM PDT
          • Actually, opinions that are baseless have NO VALUE.

Comment by Temperance – October 11, 2013 11:06 PM PDT
  • I’m glad. I didn’t really expect much from The Originals since I’ve never watched TVD, but I gave it a try bc SPN started right after, and I was amazed by how much I liked that show. The Klaus guy tho, he annoys me.
    Also, The Tomorrow People was a strong pilot and way more entertaining than Arrow.

Comment by Jakey – October 10, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, Klaus is an interesting character. To make a long story short, he’s know as “The Hybrid” or “The Original Hybrid”, as he’s half werewolf/half vampire, thus explaining the weird miracle baby Haylee’s having. He was in Mystic Falls on TVD as “The feared one” or “the hated one” but now he’s in New Orleans fighting for his city back. Rebekah’s personally my favorite and she really deserves better than she’s getting and I really hope she gets her fairy tale happy ending on the show.

Comment by Becky Ann – October 12, 2013 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love TO and can’t wait for Reign so this good news

Comment by Brandy – October 10, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait they ordered more episodes for something that hasnt aired?Thats logical…

Comment by Bob – October 10, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • means they have some sort of faith in it.

Comment by liz – October 10, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You have to remember, it’s scripts. Not episodes. They think the show has enough chance that it might do okay. If they want it to run weekly, they need to get some more scripts in the can, there’ll be lots of time should it not take off once it airs to not actually shoot those scripts, but if it does take off, they have a handful or so scripts ready to roll.

Comment by Len – October 10, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Originals bores me but I’m gonna give it a few more episodes before I make up my mind whether to keep it or not. Tomorrow People was pretty good.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – October 10, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For me, it was complete opposite. TP bored me, super predictable. Originals surpassed by expectations.

Comment by Kevin – October 10, 2013 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love The Originals. It’s a shock that there isn’t love triangle in it and I think that’s what I like about it the most.

Comment by V – October 10, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh give them time…im sure one is coming!

Comment by ames – October 10, 2013 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You have plenty of potential sadly. Marcel/Cami/Klaus, Klaus/Haylee/Elijah, Rebekah/Marcel/Cami and I’m sure I’m missing a few. Honestly, I don’t want a love triangle. What I want is for my darling Rebekah to finally get the fairytale happy ending she wants/deserves.

Comment by Becky Ann – October 12, 2013 01:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Originals has a richness to it that The Vampire Diaries is now lacking. It’s high on my DVR list. The Tomorrow People, which I did not intend to watch, was interesting. We’ll see how/if it keeps my attention as it progresses. I don’t know how Reign will do, but I do intend to tune in and give it a chance.

Comment by ScorpionGlow – October 10, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great news!!! love the Originals and the Tomorrow People! I’m on the fence about checking out Reign though. I already watch too many shows so ill probably pass on Reign.

Comment by Elyse – October 10, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited about originals, I love it! Tomorrow people was ok, I’ll give it another few weeks. But i am the most excited about reign, out of every new show this season it’s the one that I’m the most anticipating-I can’t wait!

Comment by Amanda – October 10, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy The Tomorrow People will get some more episodes.

Comment by Joey – October 10, 2013 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy for The Originals, it’s my Tv crack addiction, so happy they are out of the TVD verse too. And to those that dont check it out because they dont watch TVD, you dont have to, they have done a good job at setting up the spin off without having to watch the show it was spawn from.

Comment by Isabelle – October 10, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAYYYYY, GIVE ME MOOORE REIGN!!!! BEST SHOW EVER!!!

Comment by Mandy – October 10, 2013 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • IKR! reign is so good!

Comment by Janine – November 20, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where do people get these raitings from ? spoilertv had absolutely different, TTP got 1.8, while Arrow 2.1. I personally didn’t like TTP for one bit. It got me bored.

Happy for reign though. Looks like kind of show I’ll become a huge fan of.

Comment by Traces of Sadness – October 10, 2013 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news for Originals and Tomorrow People. However they should wait on Reign just to see how it does.

Comment by sarah – October 11, 2013 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved TTP hope it is around for a long time

Comment by Camille Collins – October 11, 2013 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think The Originals has the potential to be like Angel, which in many ways was superior to its ‘mother show,’ Buffy. I think it’s going to get really good. Hopefully they stop daggering each other all the time though. I also love that the core is about family, not a love triangle that goes around and around.

Comment by Mikael – October 11, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have only watched the first season of TVD but The Originals and the pilot are better than TVD I really liked it and I’m invested already hoping for a back nine order.

Comment by QueenB – October 12, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just finished watching the last episode of Reign for 2013. I “love” the show and can’t wait until January for it to return.

Comment by Patricia – December 12, 2013 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post