The CW Orders Additional Scripts for The Originals, Tomorrow People and Reign

CW The Originals Additonal ScriptsThe CW is giving a vote of confidence to its new fall dramas — one of which has yet to premiere.

The Originals, The Tomorrow People and Reign have each received three additional script orders, TVLine has learned.

PHOTOS | Vampire Diaries Season 5 Spoilers — Damon and Elena’s Historical Ball Costumes

In its regular timeslot this Tuesday, The Originals drew 1.92 million viewers (and 0.9 in the demo), while The Tomorrow People debuted with 2.3 mil/0.8 coming out of Arrow (2.7 mil/0.9) on Wednesday.

Reign begins airing next Thursday at 9/8c.

TVLine readers, for which show are you most excited? Hit the comments with your pick! But first, check out the action-packed New York Comic-Con trailer for The Tomorrow People‘s first season.

1. Sam says:

The Tomorrow People was adjusted up to a 0.9 in the finals.

2. maria says:

originals is so good!!! thank you baby jesus!

• Dennis says:

I like it better than TVD

• EL says:

Me Too! I like that its not JUST about a love triangle and the back and forth of will they wont they. Its core theme is family & what you will do for your family, what happens when family members need each other and support each other and also what happens when the family dynamic becomes toxic and when an individual needs to put themselves first. And also, what happens when a family gets a new start, or an impossible/miracle gift (ie the baby). The Original family spends so much of their time killing and taking away life, its fascinating that they are all coming together to keep a baby and its mother safe. I am also very interested to see what that baby becomes. Also, while TVD does do a good job of showing friendship, particularly between the women on the show (though the Damon/Alaric friendship was wonderful), I feel as if the Haley/Rebecca friendship is going to be awesome to watch unfold (especially in real life, they are Australian – worked together for years in OZ and are best friends).

I also like how there is the power/political struggle between Klaus & Marcel; a family they created with one another, but the trust gone and the struggle to better one another.

• Temperance says:

Personally, I’d like to see a real three sided triangle – with each into the other two. it’d be fresh, and up the LGBT quotient with some bi guys.

• yeah me too! I just hope they keep Elijah on as a regular :P

3. JJM says:

Wise move for both The Originals and The Tomorrows People.
    I haven’t/won’t watch the Originals as I’m not a TVD fan, but absolutely enjoyed The Tomorrows People, so they’ve got me hooked with that one.
    However, I can already see Reign not doing well. Aside from the TVD lead-in, I don’t see much of an audience.

4. Sarah-Ann says:

A big yes to The Originals and The Tomorrow People, but don’t think Reign will do as well as they expect it too.. We’ll see, but I have my doubts!

5. Josh says:

So despite Reign being on most “worst of the fall” lists, CW orders more scripts. Things have to be REALLY bleak for the CW’s midseason dramas.

• I was thinking the exact same thing.

• Jason says:

What a knucklehead statement, and it’s completely false. Reign is one of the most anticipated new shows of the fall on any network. You’d better check where you’re making up your twisted info from, dude.

• Josh says:

Really? Since when? Most talk of the CW has gone to Tomorrow People(tepidly) but this has no been, in any way shape or form, one of the most anticipated new shows. In fact, I’ve heard it bashed for it’s use of modern music, it’s representation of history and the characters, the way it portrays the women of the era, and just all around badness.

A CW show is NEVER one of the most anticipated shows of the season. Not when James Spader, Marvel MovieVerse, Angela Basset and Kathey Bates, Michael J. Fox, and Robin Williams/Sarah Michelle Gellar are all returning to TV, not even in a season where a lot of critics are calling “disappointing”.

Still, it has been called pretty, so that’s something. So yeah, maybe you should check the facts.

• Karly says:

You are definitely wrong. Reign is one of the most anticipated show for sure. It had bigger following on facebook than TTP before second aired. And it has more fans on other social networks as well. Just because you don’t like it, or some people over internet express bad reaction to teen dramas, doesn’t mean the show has no fanbase. I personally can’t wait for it. And this is for sure my favorite show of the fall!

• Kevin says:

um actually, Reign has gotten pretty good feedback, and on Huffpost tv, reign outranked the tomorrow people. If you havne’t even seen it, i don’t understand your hatred towards it, and therefore, your opinion has zero value.

• Francine says:

Whoa- first of all, no ones opinion has “zero value”. And I’m sorry but Josh is right. In terms of the hype with shows like Shield, The Crazy Ones, The Blacklist, American Horror Story, etc- Reign does not stack up. No one said the show doesn’t have any fans or that no one at all is looking forward to it- just that the show is nowhere near one of the most anticipated shows. It’s not. All you have to do is look at the ratings the show will get compared to some of the others I mentioned- they will never stack up. It’s not a bad thing and having followers on social media is great… But Reign just doesn’t have the same kind of hype as other shows. I don’t know why people are taking this so personally.

• Temperance says:

• Temperance says:

Actually, opinions that are baseless have NO VALUE.

6. Jakey says:

I’m glad. I didn’t really expect much from The Originals since I’ve never watched TVD, but I gave it a try bc SPN started right after, and I was amazed by how much I liked that show. The Klaus guy tho, he annoys me.
    Also, The Tomorrow People was a strong pilot and way more entertaining than Arrow.

• Becky Ann says:

Yeah, Klaus is an interesting character. To make a long story short, he’s know as “The Hybrid” or “The Original Hybrid”, as he’s half werewolf/half vampire, thus explaining the weird miracle baby Haylee’s having. He was in Mystic Falls on TVD as “The feared one” or “the hated one” but now he’s in New Orleans fighting for his city back. Rebekah’s personally my favorite and she really deserves better than she’s getting and I really hope she gets her fairy tale happy ending on the show.

7. Brandy says:

Love TO and can’t wait for Reign so this good news

8. Bob says:

Wait they ordered more episodes for something that hasnt aired?Thats logical…

• liz says:

means they have some sort of faith in it.

• Len says:

You have to remember, it’s scripts. Not episodes. They think the show has enough chance that it might do okay. If they want it to run weekly, they need to get some more scripts in the can, there’ll be lots of time should it not take off once it airs to not actually shoot those scripts, but if it does take off, they have a handful or so scripts ready to roll.

9. Wrstlgirl says:

The Originals bores me but I’m gonna give it a few more episodes before I make up my mind whether to keep it or not. Tomorrow People was pretty good.

10. V says:

I love The Originals. It’s a shock that there isn’t love triangle in it and I think that’s what I like about it the most.

• ames says:

Oh give them time…im sure one is coming!

• Becky Ann says:

You have plenty of potential sadly. Marcel/Cami/Klaus, Klaus/Haylee/Elijah, Rebekah/Marcel/Cami and I’m sure I’m missing a few. Honestly, I don’t want a love triangle. What I want is for my darling Rebekah to finally get the fairytale happy ending she wants/deserves.

11. ScorpionGlow says:

The Originals has a richness to it that The Vampire Diaries is now lacking. It’s high on my DVR list. The Tomorrow People, which I did not intend to watch, was interesting. We’ll see how/if it keeps my attention as it progresses. I don’t know how Reign will do, but I do intend to tune in and give it a chance.

12. Elyse says:

great news!!! love the Originals and the Tomorrow People! I’m on the fence about checking out Reign though. I already watch too many shows so ill probably pass on Reign.

13. Amanda says:

Very excited about originals, I love it! Tomorrow people was ok, I’ll give it another few weeks. But i am the most excited about reign, out of every new show this season it’s the one that I’m the most anticipating-I can’t wait!

14. Joey says:

Happy The Tomorrow People will get some more episodes.

15. Isabelle says:

So happy for The Originals, it’s my Tv crack addiction, so happy they are out of the TVD verse too. And to those that dont check it out because they dont watch TVD, you dont have to, they have done a good job at setting up the spin off without having to watch the show it was spawn from.

16. Mandy says:

YAYYYYY, GIVE ME MOOORE REIGN!!!! BEST SHOW EVER!!!

17. Traces of Sadness says:

Where do people get these raitings from ? spoilertv had absolutely different, TTP got 1.8, while Arrow 2.1. I personally didn’t like TTP for one bit. It got me bored.

Happy for reign though. Looks like kind of show I’ll become a huge fan of.

18. sarah says:

Great news for Originals and Tomorrow People. However they should wait on Reign just to see how it does.

19. Loved TTP hope it is around for a long time

20. Mikael says:

I think The Originals has the potential to be like Angel, which in many ways was superior to its ‘mother show,’ Buffy. I think it’s going to get really good. Hopefully they stop daggering each other all the time though. I also love that the core is about family, not a love triangle that goes around and around.

21. QueenB says:

I have only watched the first season of TVD but The Originals and the pilot are better than TVD I really liked it and I’m invested already hoping for a back nine order.

22. Patricia says:

I just finished watching the last episode of Reign for 2013. I “love” the show and can’t wait until January for it to return.

23. Relating to the nights typically the vernal equinox,Cheap Jordans
    free airline Wing office staff and also American president can be involved in a
    house game associated with on-line poker, nevertheless retain buying
    abandoned by many different downturn. This is because all of these
    challenges are already present all throughout your education. It now encompasses everything from women’s clothing
    to eyewear to underwear to tailored suits.