Exclusive

Community Exclusive: Brie Larson Returns; Paget Brewster, Robert Patrick Join Cameo-Packed Ep

Community Season 5 Cast Brie LarsonAbed’s coat-check crush is stepping back out of her Greendale closet.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Brie Larson will reprise her role as the pop-culture fiend’s quirky Community companion, Rachel, for at least one Season 5 installment.

Details surrounding her return are scarce, but we can tell you she appears in the episode following Donald Glover‘s departure as Abed’s other-half, Troy Barnes. Perhaps she’ll help soften the blow?

VIDEO | Community Creator Dan Harmon Talks Donald Glover’s ‘Devastating’ Exit

“There’s a nice reason for her comeback,” a tight-lipped Danny Pudi shares with TVLine. “It’s a nice wrap-up to the storyline for Abed in this episode. And it’s a really great way to see another side of this character — especially this year with Troy leaving.

“Things have been introduced with Abed [in past seasons] that we’ve never really revisited,” the actor continues, “so it’s nice to see something that we go back to — especially with Brie, because she’s great. She’s an incredible actor.”

Also tapped to appear briefly in the installment — which centers on a midterms-centered dance — are former Criminal Minds fave Paget Brewster, Terminator/True Blood/Sons of Anarchy badass Robert Patrick, musician/The Sing-Off judge Ben Folds and Kumail Nanjiani (Franklin & Bash). They join the previously announced Nathan Fillion (Castle) and Katie Leclerc (Switched at Birth).

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive

1. Teag says:

Wow. So many guest stars. I kinda like it but am cautious about it.

2. wordsmith says:

On the subject of Abed-centric cameos, I keep wishing that they’d bring back Eliza Coupe as the creepy/adorable stalker government agent.

• wordsmith says:

That said, given Abed’s growth as a character, I think there’s more interesting potential with Brie Larson’s character

• meow says:

I was just gonna say that!!! Esp. now that Happy Endings is no more. I miss her and she was great as the secret service agent.

3. Angela says:

*Jaw drops*

Paget’s going to appear on “Community”?! Oh, that is freaking AWESOME.

Also, aw, yaaaaaay, Rachel’s coming back! I am so looking forward to this episode.

4. Jo says:

I wish Sean Saves The World would hurry up and get cancelled so we can start seeing these episodes.

5. Daniel says:

You had me at Paget Brewster.

6. Eric says:

YES. I absolutely loved Brie’s character, she was adorable. I was afraid that Dan would simply scrap that whole thing due to the fact that it was from season four.

7. Azerty says:

Rachel and Abed in the moooooorning! Oh wait..;)

8. Joey says:

Glad Brie ia returning. Great guest stars they got for season 5.

9. Tomahawk Chop says:

People still watch Community?

10. bill says:

I don’t think Sean Saves the World will get canned immediately. But I DO think Welcome to the Family will be canceled by the end of the month. Hopefully Community will take its time slot.

11. Ali says:

Yay, I LOVE Robert Patrick and will watch him in literally anything. He steals all the shows he is in and still kills me with those blue eyes and raspy voice. I wish he’d have his own show. He’s my idea of an older Christian Grey for an older version of 50 Shades of Grey. That would rock my world.

12. Britta Unfiltered says:

Maybe it was the glasses throwing me off, but I totally didn’t realize that was Brie Larson in season 4. I do like Brie Larson, but that character failed to make an impression on me the first time around. I’m sure it will be better this time.

13. Alan says:

can we keep brie on the show for longer? we need someone to replace troy and it would be nice to see abed in a different way to what his friendship with troy has shown us.

14. I went over this site and I think you have a lot of excellent information, saved to bookmarks (:.