Exclusive: Lauren Ambrose to Headline Nicholas Sparks' Lifetime Pilot Deliverance Creek

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Lauren AmbroseSix Feet Under‘s Lauren Ambrose has landed the starring role in Deliverance Creek, a two-hour movie/backdoor pilot for Lifetime from celebrated author Nicholas Sparks, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The project takes place at the end of the Civil War and centers on Belle Barlowe (Ambrose), a mother of three who attempts to defend her family’s land by any means necessary. When the corrupt bank that runs their town pushes Belle into becoming an outlaw, the stakes become personal, setting off a chain of events that force her to question whether it’s better to be good or to survive.

PHOTOS | 15 Fresh Faces of Fall: Where You’ve Seen ‘Em — and Which Roles are Worth a Repeat Viewing?

The Emmy, Tony and Golden Globe-nominated Ambrose recently appeared in an arc on Law & Order: SVU. Her other recent TV credits include Starz’ Torchwood: Miracle Day and the A&E mini-series Coma.

Melissa Carter (Jane By Design) penned the script and will serve as an EP alongside Sparks and Theresa Park. Elise Henderson is a Co-EP.

Comments (12)

• hopefully a Nicholas Sparks show is better than his movies. they tend to be depressing and unrealistic… I mean seriously no one would dump Channing Tatum…

Comment by Elyse – October 9, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So…she’s Scarlett O’Hara?

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – October 9, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like her and I think the show has potential but the name is horrible. Kind of makes those of us who watched Dawson’s Creek cringe a little.

Comment by david – October 9, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Deliverance is my secret guilty pleasure, while the thought of Dawson Leery and Joey Potter makes me cringe. Different strokes…

Comment by Cynthia – October 9, 2013 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s awesome, and I’m so glad that she’s getting her own show. The downside for me is that it is Lifetime and Nicholas Sparks. I might give it a go out of my loyalty for Six Feet Under and hope that it won’t be too craptastic.

Comment by Emily – October 9, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, she must really need the money.

Comment by Ed – October 9, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Lauren Ambrose is a really good actor, but she doesn’t seem to have a similar talent for choosing projects. It’s a shame, because I was waiting for either her or Ethan Embry to sign on to a interesting looking project so I could use my “Can’t Hardly Wait to see this” pun. In this case, I can definitely wait.

Comment by Zach – October 9, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She deserves so much better than this.

Comment by Joey – October 9, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know I’m getting old when I see the lovely Claire Fisher playing a mother of three.

Comment by HAP – October 9, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sounds like it could be interesting if it was A&E AMC or FX behind it but isn’t Sparks mostly about romance??? I don’t see that combo of Sparks and Lifetime pulling that off

Comment by meatwad – October 9, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lauren Ambrose? I don’t even care what this show is about, I’m watching it. On mute if I have to.

Comment by shahendr – October 9, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see adam kaufman in the movie with lauren ambrose both together in the movie loving leah

Comment by bea – January 20, 2014 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post