Fox Orders Unscripted Comedy Slide Show From Producer Steve Carell

Fox Orders Slide ShowSteve Carell is bringing laughs — and one crazy set — to Fox.

The network has ordered eight episodes of Slide Show, an unscripted comedy executive-produced by the Office star and Shine America.

RELATED | Harry Connick Jr. Comedy Pilot Lands at Fox

The series — which is based on an international format, sometimes known as Anything Goes — pits celebrities and comedians against each other as they tackle unpredictable song, dance and sketch challenges. The contestants must face-off while navigating the show’s trademark set, which is tilted at a 22.5 degree angle.

“Unscripted television should be outrageous and audacious by definition. Unfortunately, not much is, as of late,” said Fox’s Chairman of Entertainment Kevin Reilly in a statement. “Slide Show is the most ridiculously fun and out-there thing I’ve seen in quite a while. Steve Carell knows a thing or two about big laughs and I am really happy to be working with Steve again, and the team at Shine, to bring Slide Show to Fox.”

Added the typically hilarious Carell: “Comedy is subjective. But if you don’t find Slide Show to be funny and enormously entertaining, then you will never be my friend.”

Does Slide Show sound like something you’ll be checking out? Does Carell’s involvement make it more attractive? Sound off below!

1. MLP says:

Seriously Steve? Why?!
    Australia has its own ‘Slide Show’ and its mediocre at best. Hope the US version is better.

2. Zach says:

While I’m not normally a fan of unscripted programming, I certainly am a fan of Steve Carell. Hope he hosts, but I’ll watch either way.

3. j says:

so would this be like whose line is it anyway on a tilted set?

4. faust says:

Please dont do this show steve, we have it here in australia and it sucks balls

5. april-ann says:

After ducking out of The Office earlier than your co-workers, that’s all ya got? No, thank you.

6. Korreltje Zout says:

Don’t bother. Unscripted comedy is rarely funny. It typically consists of funny noises, stereotypes, physical humor and stuff that is only mildly funny because ‘it is that cute celebrity’. We had a show like that in Holland and it was mediocre at best.

7. Sims says:

Oh man if you can you should try and watch the Australian version of this. It is truly, truly terrible.

8. Delia says:

So it’s “Who’s Line Is It Anyway?” tipped on its side?

9. Azerty says:

This show has been created in France. And regarding to this news I am really really really ashamed to say I am French. So terrible to watch. I hope you guys will have a better version of it.

10. moncler jas says:

I want to see it for her…I really do…but *sighs and resumes playing The Electric Lady*

11. Chloé says:

We have it in France and it can be really funny! Looking forward to seeing the American version

12. Incredible! This blog looks just like my old one!
    It’s on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design.

Great choice of colors!