Exclusive

Exclusive: Castle Recruits 24's Annie Wersching

Castle Cast Annie Wersching24‘s erstwhile Agent Renee Walker is making time for Castle.

RELATED | Castle Recap: Is Beckett’s D.C. Job Doomed?

TVLine has learned that Annie Wersching will guest-star on the ABC drama as Dr. Kelly Nieman, an elite cosmetic surgeon who draws the interest of the NYPD detectives because of her connection to a murder victim.

RELATED | Castle’s Nathan Fillion Enrolls In Community

Since wrapping her 24 run (sniff!), Wersching has kept very busy, guesting or recurring on shows such as NCIS, Rizzoli & Isles, Dallas, Body of Proof, Revolution and Touch (where she was reunited with 24 scene partner Kiefer Sutherland).

ABC’s Castle is airing its sixth season Mondays at 10/9c.

1. SJ says:

Ugh, never liked her. But I guess it’s only one episode…

2. Shaun says:

No offence to her but is she really considered a guest star or just another actress playing a one-time suspect on a procedural show. She never really stuck to a show long enough to be a very known TV actress.

• Krethgar says:

LOL, it never takes too long for the same stupid Renee haters to show up.

• Eurisko says:

calling someone stupid or a hater only reflects bad on you. You sound like you’re 12 years old. People are allowed to have their own opinions.

• Krethgar says:

People are entitled to hold their stupid opinions. They are not entitled to not being called on them.

And this is the usual stuff with Annie Wersching news in TVline. It never takes too long these same “haters” line Shaun (and yes the word “hater” is used in correct form here) to show up and spew their usual rubbish..

• Shaun says:

If you read my posts slowly and carefully, I never mention that I hate her, I don’t even mention that I dislike her. I’m just wondering how she can be considered a guest-star if she wasn’t a really popular actress, unlike Lisa Edelstein, who had prominent TV roles in the past. I am just bewildered by her constant guest-starring without being permanently tied to a show. If I hated her, I wouldn’t be bothered to comment at this article.

• Eurisko says:

you need to grow up. People like you are cancer to the comment section. This isn’t a teen site about Justin Bieber.

• Eurisko says:

that was obviously @Krethgar.

• Dory says:

I’m not a Renee hater. Never saw her before. What I see is a pretty woman with those blue eyed dark haired looks. I,ll give it a chance.

• Bob says:

True! OH except for that one tiny show called 24 where she played a total badass that everyone loved for 2 full seasons.

3. Emma says:

Thank you Matt for always keeping us up to date with the latest Castle info. :)

4. illa says:

Ahhh! It’s like Christmas! So excited.

5. Raines says:

And already the haters are out. Do you all honestly sit around refreshing TVLine.com to see the latest Castle news and then pounce casting news and proclaim your “I always hated” her routine?

6. SJ says:

I guess I’ve tapped into some unresolved 24-related anger here… Let me be clear, I’ve never watched 24 so I don’t know anything about her character on that show. I’ve just seen her as a guest star in a lot of different projects and she never really made a good impression on me. Hence my dislike of her…

7. Terry says:

Nooo. Terrible casting choice, don’t want her on Castle.

8. Laura says:

Loved her on 24, so I’m excited to see her on Castle!

9. Jackie says:

I’ve always hated her…wait who is she? I’ve never watched 24! But yay this is about Castle and I LOVE Castle!!!!

10. abz says:

Don’t know her, but I feel like I’ve seen this “doctor involved in murder case” storyline done to death on so many procedural shows, I hope Castle at least make it somewhat interesting and different.

11. Rich Abey says:

Well to hell with the ‘Renee haters’ cause I loved Agent Renee’s character on 24, part of which owed to Annie’s wonderful & emotional. So Yay! Great to see her dropping by ‘Castle’ & it would be even better news if she plays a recurring character (hopefully not a romantic distraction to Castle…maybe to Espo?)

• Mary says:

I also liked her on 24! And my bet is that she´ll be a romantic interest for Espo (it was said he and Lanie would face some problems, so I hope this is one)!:)
      Attending that Stana Katic said the Castle/Beckett relationship had become more solid I don´t think it´s an interest for Castle, or at least I hope not…

12. Castle Lover says:

I’m still pissed that they killed her on 24!

13. Apples says:

Is this role for one episode or is it recurring?

14. Thumbz says:

VERY VERY VERY HAPPY ABOUT THIS! Annie is the shizzz!

15. Brendan says:

All of you Renee haters shut up! Many of us see Renee is the best partner and love interest for Jack Bauer and that Annie Wersching is a great actress who is underrated. Want to know what the status opinion of you haters? You’re lazy, stupid, condescending and your hateful remarks of Renee and such are very offending and insulting, as we seen on your comments. Another words, you all are basically a bunch of wannabe critics.

• Ju says:

You can’t call people out for “hateful” remarks and then turn around and call them lazy and stupid. You’re being just as hateful. Calm down, people have different opinions on which actors or actresses they like. No one posting here said anything over the top so I don’t know why you’re taking it so personally.

16. Andrew Marsh says:

Loved Annie ever since her 24 days.Anyone who’s seen the gag reels from 24 know that she can do comedy, too. She’s just never landed a staring role on any show yet. Watch out for her when she does! I still say she could play a badass Mara Jade (Star Wars EU fans know who I mean).

17. People are complaining about Annie Wersching? She was the best part of “24”.

18. Sam says:

Castle has had nice guess stars this year. Starting with “House” regular Lisa Edelstein who did a great job, having Anne Wershing continues its run. Castle throughout the six years has had other names on the show, it is just this year it is these actresses turn.