Exclusive: Castle Recruits 24′s Annie Wersching

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Castle Cast Annie Wersching24‘s erstwhile Agent Renee Walker is making time for Castle.

RELATED | Castle Recap: Is Beckett’s D.C. Job Doomed?

TVLine has learned that Annie Wersching will guest-star on the ABC drama as Dr. Kelly Nieman, an elite cosmetic surgeon who draws the interest of the NYPD detectives because of her connection to a murder victim.

RELATED | Castle’s Nathan Fillion Enrolls In Community

Since wrapping her 24 run (sniff!), Wersching has kept very busy, guesting or recurring on shows such as NCIS, Rizzoli & Isles, Dallas, Body of Proof, Revolution and Touch (where she was reunited with 24 scene partner Kiefer Sutherland).

ABC’s Castle is airing its sixth season Mondays at 10/9c.

Comments (37)

• Ugh, never liked her. But I guess it’s only one episode…

Comment by SJ – October 8, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is actually being casted as a possibly recurring character.

Comment by Guest – October 8, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you an idiot? She is far out the best actress I know and her 24 Renee Walker is far out a better partner and love interest for Jack Bauer.

Comment by Brendan – October 8, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! Yay!

Comment by dlottacurl – October 8, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • calling someone an idiot because they don’t like something. Grow up.

Comment by Eurisko – October 9, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Annie is the nicest most cool and unassuming lady anyone could have the privilege to know. Not to to mention a wonderful actress and mommy of two.

Comment by Alex – October 19, 2013 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No offence to her but is she really considered a guest star or just another actress playing a one-time suspect on a procedural show. She never really stuck to a show long enough to be a very known TV actress.

Comment by Shaun – October 8, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, it never takes too long for the same stupid Renee haters to show up.

Comment by Krethgar – October 8, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • calling someone stupid or a hater only reflects bad on you. You sound like you’re 12 years old. People are allowed to have their own opinions.

Comment by Eurisko – October 8, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • People are entitled to hold their stupid opinions. They are not entitled to not being called on them.

And this is the usual stuff with Annie Wersching news in TVline. It never takes too long these same “haters” line Shaun (and yes the word “hater” is used in correct form here) to show up and spew their usual rubbish..

Comment by Krethgar – October 8, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • If you read my posts slowly and carefully, I never mention that I hate her, I don’t even mention that I dislike her. I’m just wondering how she can be considered a guest-star if she wasn’t a really popular actress, unlike Lisa Edelstein, who had prominent TV roles in the past. I am just bewildered by her constant guest-starring without being permanently tied to a show. If I hated her, I wouldn’t be bothered to comment at this article.

Comment by Shaun – October 8, 2013 02:49 PM PDT
          • you need to grow up. People like you are cancer to the comment section. This isn’t a teen site about Justin Bieber.

Comment by Eurisko – October 8, 2013 08:33 PM PDT
          • that was obviously @Krethgar.

Comment by Eurisko – October 8, 2013 08:34 PM PDT
        • I’m not a Renee hater. Never saw her before. What I see is a pretty woman with those blue eyed dark haired looks. I,ll give it a chance.

Comment by Dory – October 9, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True! OH except for that one tiny show called 24 where she played a total badass that everyone loved for 2 full seasons.

Comment by Bob – October 8, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • More like 1 and 3/4 seasons. She died way before the last episode. And out of 8 seasons, her tenure in 24 wasn’t that long.

Comment by Shaun – October 8, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • FTLOG…. “Relevance, Your Honor…?”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 8, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you Matt for always keeping us up to date with the latest Castle info. :)

Comment by Emma – October 8, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Matt is the best!

Comment by Castle Lover – October 8, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhh! It’s like Christmas! So excited.

Comment by illa – October 8, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And already the haters are out. Do you all honestly sit around refreshing TVLine.com to see the latest Castle news and then pounce casting news and proclaim your “I always hated” her routine?

Comment by Raines – October 8, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I’ve tapped into some unresolved 24-related anger here… Let me be clear, I’ve never watched 24 so I don’t know anything about her character on that show. I’ve just seen her as a guest star in a lot of different projects and she never really made a good impression on me. Hence my dislike of her…

Comment by SJ – October 8, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooo. Terrible casting choice, don’t want her on Castle.

Comment by Terry – October 8, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved her on 24, so I’m excited to see her on Castle!

Comment by Laura – October 8, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve always hated her…wait who is she? I’ve never watched 24! But yay this is about Castle and I LOVE Castle!!!!

Comment by Jackie – October 8, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t know her, but I feel like I’ve seen this “doctor involved in murder case” storyline done to death on so many procedural shows, I hope Castle at least make it somewhat interesting and different.

Comment by abz – October 8, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well to hell with the ‘Renee haters’ cause I loved Agent Renee’s character on 24, part of which owed to Annie’s wonderful & emotional. So Yay! Great to see her dropping by ‘Castle’ & it would be even better news if she plays a recurring character (hopefully not a romantic distraction to Castle…maybe to Espo?)

Comment by Rich Abey – October 8, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also liked her on 24! And my bet is that she´ll be a romantic interest for Espo (it was said he and Lanie would face some problems, so I hope this is one)!:)
      Attending that Stana Katic said the Castle/Beckett relationship had become more solid I don´t think it´s an interest for Castle, or at least I hope not…

Comment by Mary – October 9, 2013 01:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still pissed that they killed her on 24!

Comment by Castle Lover – October 8, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this role for one episode or is it recurring?

Comment by Apples – October 8, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • VERY VERY VERY HAPPY ABOUT THIS! Annie is the shizzz!

Comment by Thumbz – October 8, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All of you Renee haters shut up! Many of us see Renee is the best partner and love interest for Jack Bauer and that Annie Wersching is a great actress who is underrated. Want to know what the status opinion of you haters? You’re lazy, stupid, condescending and your hateful remarks of Renee and such are very offending and insulting, as we seen on your comments. Another words, you all are basically a bunch of wannabe critics.

Comment by Brendan – October 8, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You can’t call people out for “hateful” remarks and then turn around and call them lazy and stupid. You’re being just as hateful. Calm down, people have different opinions on which actors or actresses they like. No one posting here said anything over the top so I don’t know why you’re taking it so personally.

Comment by Ju – October 8, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Annie ever since her 24 days.Anyone who’s seen the gag reels from 24 know that she can do comedy, too. She’s just never landed a staring role on any show yet. Watch out for her when she does! I still say she could play a badass Mara Jade (Star Wars EU fans know who I mean).

Comment by Andrew Marsh – October 8, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People are complaining about Annie Wersching? She was the best part of “24″.

Comment by Andrew Moore (@ashok0) – October 9, 2013 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle has had nice guess stars this year. Starting with “House” regular Lisa Edelstein who did a great job, having Anne Wershing continues its run. Castle throughout the six years has had other names on the show, it is just this year it is these actresses turn.

Comment by Sam – October 9, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post