Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Grimm Casts Hank's Dreamgirl

Grimm Season 3 Cast Sharon LealHank, a little warning: Your new dream girl was once a real hellcat.

Grimm has cast Sharon Leal as a physical therapist (and potential love interest) for Russell Hornsby’s Hank, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTOS | TVLine’s Fall Spoiler Spectacular! Exclusive Scoop on Grimm and 44 Other Returning Favorites!

Leal will appear in multiple Season 3 episodes as Zuri Ellis, the healthcare pro who’s spent nearly two months helping Hank with his busted ankle. She’s described as “smart, beautiful and mysterious” — no wonder he’ll have trouble parting ways with her once his therapy is complete.

But is she Wesen, as well? Though show co-creators David Greenwalt and James Kouf at one point indicated that Hank would get involved with a fairytale creature this season, Greenwalt recently told TVLine, “There’ll be some kind of romantic thing with Hank. We’re not sure if it’s going to be a Wesen girlfriend or not.” (Watch Hornsby address the matter in this video.)

Leal played Michelle in the 2006 movie adaptation of the musical Dreamgirls. Her television credits include Guiding Light, Boston Public, Private Practice and Hellcats. She also played opposite Hornsby in a 2011 episode of Suits.

Grimm returns to NBC on Friday, Oct. 25 (9/8c).

Comments (11)

• It has been awhile since I’ve seen her so I’m excited !!!!

Comment by Jena – October 5, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh good, another female character for the writers to gaslight and treat like an incompetant nitwit. The women on Grimm are treated SO badly its appauling. Rosalee’s characterization is its only saving grace. For a man who has worked with Joss Whedon, he should know better.

Comment by liz – October 5, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Interesting comment. I can think of at least a dozen shows that I can see people complaining about, as far as the treatment of the female characters go- but Grimm isn’t one of them. They wrote Juliette’s character to be quite annoying (although at least it was within the context of the story) but Rosalie is fantastic female character. What other women are we talking about? Just Adalind and she’s a villain, but a complex and interesting one. I guess I really don’t get where you’re coming from here. I don’t see how this show treats women badly.

Comment by Francine – October 5, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cry me a river whedon fanboy!! Grimm is fantastic!

Comment by CBWBDK1 – October 6, 2013 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well let’s just HOPE her character is not as bad or boring. Rosalee is the only STRONG female character on this show. The pick of the actress is okay……..i say she’s going to be a wesen… A GOOD ONE! can’t wait for grimm to return!

Comment by Ashley LOVES SAMCRO! – October 6, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally, Hank gets a girlfriend played by an actress I actually like! I don’t even care if she’s Wesen hopefully she’ll stick around a while.

Comment by jenferner8 – October 5, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY Hank!!

Comment by KCC – October 6, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only 2-1/2 weeks left till Grimm returns – Yay! I was bummed when they cancelled Hell Cats. Hope the chemistry is good between Hank and her character Zuri.

Comment by Mel – October 6, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like her. Great actress though I had hoped Jeff Hepner and her would be in something together again.

Comment by Mick – October 6, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A “GIFTED MAN” WAS THE BEST SHOW ON TV! WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT ONE???? NOTHING ELSE INCLUDING GRIMM WAS AS GOOD AS THAT ONE.

Comment by Alisa Rudowicz – October 10, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve like Sharon Leal since Legacy.

Comment by KCC – November 26, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post