Exclusive

Exclusive: Grimm Casts Hank's Dreamgirl

Grimm Season 3 Cast Sharon LealHank, a little warning: Your new dream girl was once a real hellcat.

Grimm has cast Sharon Leal as a physical therapist (and potential love interest) for Russell Hornsby’s Hank, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTOS | TVLine’s Fall Spoiler Spectacular! Exclusive Scoop on Grimm and 44 Other Returning Favorites!

Leal will appear in multiple Season 3 episodes as Zuri Ellis, the healthcare pro who’s spent nearly two months helping Hank with his busted ankle. She’s described as “smart, beautiful and mysterious” — no wonder he’ll have trouble parting ways with her once his therapy is complete.

But is she Wesen, as well? Though show co-creators David Greenwalt and James Kouf at one point indicated that Hank would get involved with a fairytale creature this season, Greenwalt recently told TVLine, “There’ll be some kind of romantic thing with Hank. We’re not sure if it’s going to be a Wesen girlfriend or not.” (Watch Hornsby address the matter in this video.)

Leal played Michelle in the 2006 movie adaptation of the musical Dreamgirls. Her television credits include Guiding Light, Boston Public, Private Practice and Hellcats. She also played opposite Hornsby in a 2011 episode of Suits.

Grimm returns to NBC on Friday, Oct. 25 (9/8c).

1. Jena says:

It has been awhile since I’ve seen her so I’m excited !!!!

2. liz says:

Oh good, another female character for the writers to gaslight and treat like an incompetant nitwit. The women on Grimm are treated SO badly its appauling. Rosalee’s characterization is its only saving grace. For a man who has worked with Joss Whedon, he should know better.

• Francine says:

Interesting comment. I can think of at least a dozen shows that I can see people complaining about, as far as the treatment of the female characters go- but Grimm isn’t one of them. They wrote Juliette’s character to be quite annoying (although at least it was within the context of the story) but Rosalie is fantastic female character. What other women are we talking about? Just Adalind and she’s a villain, but a complex and interesting one. I guess I really don’t get where you’re coming from here. I don’t see how this show treats women badly.

• CBWBDK1 says:

Cry me a river whedon fanboy!! Grimm is fantastic!

• Ashley LOVES SAMCRO! says:

Well let’s just HOPE her character is not as bad or boring. Rosalee is the only STRONG female character on this show. The pick of the actress is okay……..i say she’s going to be a wesen… A GOOD ONE! can’t wait for grimm to return!

3. jenferner8 says:

Finally, Hank gets a girlfriend played by an actress I actually like! I don’t even care if she’s Wesen hopefully she’ll stick around a while.

4. KCC says:

YAY Hank!!

5. Mel says:

Only 2-1/2 weeks left till Grimm returns – Yay! I was bummed when they cancelled Hell Cats. Hope the chemistry is good between Hank and her character Zuri.

6. Mick says:

I really like her. Great actress though I had hoped Jeff Hepner and her would be in something together again.

7. Alisa Rudowicz says:

A “GIFTED MAN” WAS THE BEST SHOW ON TV! WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT ONE???? NOTHING ELSE INCLUDING GRIMM WAS AS GOOD AS THAT ONE.

8. KCC says:

I’ve like Sharon Leal since Legacy.