Exclusive: Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Gets Order For More Scripts -- Full-Season Pickup Next?

Brooklyn Nine-NineIt’s not a back-nine order, but it’s the next best thing.

Fox has commissioned several additional scripts of its rookie Andy Samberg comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

The well-reviewed police satire drew a solid 6 million viewers and a 2.5 demo rating in its debut last month. Its ratings have since tapered off as its Tuesday competition has increased (in its most recent outing it notched 3.4 mil/1.4).

Earlier this week, Fox extended a huge vote of confidence to fellow freshman series Sleepy Hollow when it renewed the fantasy drama for a second season.

1. Christina says:

Great news! It’s not the best comedy out there, but it’s definitely a solid player, and an enjoyable 22 or so minutes. (DVR ftw)

• ScrubsGuy says:

It’s definitely enjoyable, but I hope it doesn’t get the Ben & Kate treatment; they got additional script orders last year, but didn’t even end up shooting all of them and got cancelled unceremoniously. Also, I think Brooklyn 99 is also in the same time slot.

• Drew Melbourne says:

Well, presumably the point of giving an order for additional scripts rather than a full pick up is they’re giving themselves the opportunity to do just that.

2. Zach says:

Give it the back 9!

3. Elyse says:

I enjoy the show so I can’t wait to see more!

4. Elizabeth says:

Very happy with this news!

5. Julia says:

That’s good news! It’s one of the better new shows this season.

6. choochoo says:

yeah,that’s fantastic It’s become my new favorite out of the new shows. even tho i thought it looked crap until i tuned in. :p

7. Ram510 says:

Fox needs to give this a full season and then switch times slots with Mindy

8. Alan says:

good to hear, terry crews is killing it on the show and i need to see more of that. ive never seen andy samberg in anything before but he is quickly gaining a new fan with just his facial expressions.

9. sabrina says:

Great news. I’m really enjoying the show so far as it was not something I expected to enjoy when I decided to watch the pilot.

10. Superhero says:

Well, that’s gotta be a good sign. Now cancel Dads and give it an actual lead-in.

11. charlotte says:

This is definitely my favorite comedy of the season – the writers are great! Fox better do the back nine – come on!

12. Leah says:

Whew! I’m really enjoying this one!

13. daisy5 says:

I think this show is great, and really funny.

14. Tenney says:

WooHoo! I really like this show and I can see it getting better and better. Great news!

15. Joey says:

Great news. I like the show a lot, hope it will get a full season pickup soon.

16. Lauren says:

Glad to hear, I’m really enjoying it. I hope the viewers stay steady.

17. rowan77 says:

This is the funniest new comedy this season. Why they don’t pick it up outright is nuts. Come on Fox! Don’t screw-up another perfectly good show!

18. Mike says:

if fox knows what they’re doing, they won’t let a good thing go. congrats to the 9!

19. THE TV CRITIC says:

FAIL!

20. tvfreakum says:

Reblogged this on Some Thoughts on TV and commented:

21. Shifty says:

This is definitely the best new show of the season.

22. I’ve been surfing online greater than 3 hours today, but I by no means discovered
    any fascinating article like yours. It is beautiful worth sufficient for me.
    In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made excellent content material as you did, the
    internet can be a lot more helpful than ever before.

23. Vince Byrd says:

Brooklyn nine nine is a great new show to kick of fox’s fall line up. i hope with these additional new extra episodes, fox producers will see how much viewers enjoy this funny TV series and pick it up for a full 25 + second season

24. Philipp says:

It’s the best new show of the season in my opinon!

25. Raz says:

I would love to see more espcally what could happen between jake and amy they have so much chemistry

26. Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff
    previous to and you are just too great. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you’re stating and the way in which you say
    it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible.
    I can’t wait to read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous web site.

27. I was pretty pleased tto discover this great site. I wanted to than yoou for your
    time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely loved every little bit
    oof it aand I have you book-marked to look at new infoirmation in your site.

28. Excellent article! We are linking to this particularly great post on our site.
    Keep up the great writing.