It's Official: Kim Raver on Board for 24: Live Another Day -- and [Spoiler]'s Joining Her

Audrey Raines 24 Event SeriesThe countdown to 24‘s Jack-Audrey reunion has officially begun.

Following up on TVLine’s exclusive report last month, Kim Raver has formally closed a deal to reprise her role as Kiefer Sutherland’s former onscreen love in 24: Live Another Day – and she’s not the only franchise vet returning for Fox’s 12-episode revival.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

TVLine has confirmed that William Devane, who played Audrey’s father James Heller, has also inked a deal to appear in the London-based event series.

Raver joined 24 in Season 4 and remained through Season 6. When last seen, in the S6 finale, Audrey was in something of a vegetative state after being tortured and injected with mind-altering drugs by her Chinese captors — a development that led Devane’s Heller to forbid Jack from ever seeing his daughter again.

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

24 live another day william devaneRaver and Devane are the third and fourth 24 vets joining the revival, following Sutherland and Mary Lynn Rajskub.

24: LAD, slated to launch in the spring, will essentially be 24 “compressed over 12 weeks,” Fox president Kevin Reilly previously explained. “It will go chronologically over the day, but it will skip hours.”

1. wrstlgirl says:

Yes, great news.

2. Nicole says:

I always liked Heller. He seemed like an older version of Jack if he moved into politics. Hope and Jack can make up from their spat in Day 6.

3. Mia says:

Ugh :( So disappointing

4. Maria says:

YAY!!!!!! I was already looking forward to 24 next summer…now it’s just getting better! I really hope what we get in the show looks a whole lot like that picture you’re showing us, Michael. Can you put in a word with TPTB? Please?

5. Now we just need confirmation that Tony FKA “Soul Patch” is back!!!

6. Linda says:

She plays the same type of character on every show she’s on. No depth to any of her characters……..poor actress……

• Doug H says:

It seems like she was blown up on Revolution.. She played the wife of Gus… ( Poor Giancarlo Esposito will probably at least for a while always be known as Gus no matter what he does)… But who knows??

7. Michael says:

I bet Heller is new president.

8. Alex Kramer says:

First he returns as Jack Bauer, then he takes over as Big Boss. I love Kiefer Sutherland.

9. When does it start???

10. What about Chloe??? It H A S to have Chloe!

11. fanfaren says:

Awesome news! Love it! Jack & Audrey were super sweet together :)

12. Lomoyi says:

Pls.is this season 9 of 24 or somethin else?

• Moody Val says:

Ummm … well I guess since season 8 was the previous, this would definitely be season 9. The only difference is that it will only have 12 episodes, but will still cover a day. The gaps would allow the characters to get on a plane and travel somewhere else for instance (say Jack needs to get on a plane and fly to France, that would take a few hours, so instead of letting us ogle Jack sitting on a plane, they’ll pick up when he lands in France (for example, I don’t know if that’s going to happen, but it could))

13. Camila says:

Now Tony Almeida should be confirmed on the show

14. Lomoyi says:

Is this season of 24 or somethin else?

15. Kristen says:

Now we need TONY back and everything would be perfect!!!

16. Judy says:

When does it start?

17. ONWUZULIKE FRANCIS says:

24 is an extra-ordinary movie, like jack bauer, wish he can do all that in real life.

18. clever says:

wat abtt tony almeida,

19. Martin says:

I actually hope it’s not skipping hours and more 1 episode is 2 hours instead, think that would work better, otherwise be like we are missing out on bits.

Also, now that Happy Endings is cancelled (still miss it) when are they going to get around to getting Elisha Cuthbert back on the show, even if it is just part time for a couple of episodes.

And not too sure about the London setting, works better when there is a CTU.

• Bruce says:

Did u not read the article???????

Its compressed into 12 hours

• Moody Val says:

Skipping hours would allow Jack to get on a plane and fly to Belgium for instance (I wish!!!!) and we wouldn’t have to keep ourselves busy while Jack is in the air, but the story would pick up the moment he lands.

20. James Heller now President is not going to be happy about that. We still have no word on whether or not Tony Almeida is coming back.

21. Mitch says:

I loved both of them in their season…I had hoped they would keep both then…But I’m happy to see them here !

22. Sharona says:

Yes, yes, yes……More Tony, PLEASE!!!

23. Brian Sipula says:

Awesome news ….its great that most of the main characters are returning

24. Anthony says:

Hmm. I’ve always liked the character of James Heller, but I just don’t like the position of Secretary of Defense ever since Rumsfeld…

25. Maureen says:

No no no . Cant stand that Kim Raver..
    she always plays the same parts and acts the same way no matter what she is in. I did love Renee for Jack.

26. Rather see Renee Walker come back!!!!

• Monika alvarez says:

Me too. like she didnt die. she was drugged like Tony was to make it seem like she died. Definitely don’t like him with Audrey.

• I agree about Audrey, she is pathetic, not a good actress, even on Revolution. Its too bad they can’t get Renee back, she was PERFECT and she had balls and was tuff and hot. Jack needs a tough woman like Nikita or covert affairs, Annie, not a washed out pathetic. Sorry for the bad comments on her. But actors like David Palmer, Michelle, Miles, Edgar, Milo all so great but can’t come back. Please bring back Tony, he was terrific and a great actor and please work in Aaron and ex wife of crazy ole Logan. Any way to get Chloe’s husband, Morris back, loved his dialogue and acting. That scene where Jack put on all that armor was the greatest ever. Please have some great action like that, it was terrific, I was on edge of seat and chewing my fingernails off when that happened. Love Jack Bauer, he is outstanding so glad he’s coming back. This was favorite tv show worldwide. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!

27. Mikael says:

I liked Jack with Audrey. But I stopped watching after season 5, so I never saw Jack with anyone else.

28. alistaircrane says:

Ugh, I hate Heller! He is a disgusting, awful character. I also didn’t like William Devane on Revenge—maybe it’s the actor?

Not excited about Audrey. She was a snore, and Jack’s best post-Teri love interest was Kate Warner.

29. Jack: Your shot, let me look at it, the bullet went thru, it’s only a flesh wound, wait here while I drive across LA in 3 minutes.

30. jeff routsong says:

I don’t give a rats who’s Jack is with…He can’t hold on to a relationship anyway…I just want to see him in some sweet action and kills some dudes for a lot of hours YO.

31. Dayo says:

Very nice. I think the London/European setting is brilliant as it’ll let us see the super spy/James Bond side of Jack Bauer, as I recall he’d worked as a CIA Agent. Moreover, Europe is very good for spy movies. Can’t wait.

32. Rick says:

I had never watched an episode of 24 until, one day, I was sitting in a chair getting my 2nd tattoo. (1st one was over 2 decades ago-long story). My artist gave me a choice of several videos, so I unwrapped a recently purchased Season 1 of 24. Watched the 1st disk & was super hooked. I now have all 9 seasons, & getg them out every so often, & watch from beginning to end.

33. Neil Earnest says:

I’m still catching up in season seven in my area, but will be ready for eight. This is great news, Raver and Devane exceptional and with Rajskub, an excellent actress, and Sutherland it appears the team will slowly re-emerge. Great news , I’ll be ready in May–cheers 24!

34. De says:

Now we Need Tony and Chole!!!!

35. alistaircrane says:

COME ON KIM BAUER!!! I want you back, girl!!!

36. Liam Millard says:

Please bring back Glenn Morshower aka agent Aaron Pierce. He was a small role but I always liked him

37. sara says:

Eww I don’t like Kim Raver on 24 at all. Maybe they will finally kill Audrey off.

38. lenny caron says:

i thought it was 24 LAD life after death

39. jason says:

They really need to make the show a fill 24 episodes. The show ended popular enough where they would have the ratings. This is the perfect time to bring this show back! Come on Jack! Water board the higher ups and get a full season! Btw, Kim Raver isn’t dull in everything. I loved her in Greys Anatomy. She was more exciting. Bring Elisha back too!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
    I couldn’t stand Audrey and I was glad when they wrote her out of the series. William Devane on the other hand, I was hoping that they’d find a place in the story for Heller.

41. I agree. Bring back Tony. For those of you wondering about Chloe, she’s back also.

42. Matthew says:

So now they got Jack, Chloe, Audrey and Heller coming back. Now we need word about Tony coming back. I don’t see any reason why they can’t bring him back.

43. exfromtheleft says:

i still remember when Audrey saw jack for the first time after it was revealed he only faked his death… by the way Cony Brighton had a very small apearance in it but wow he was effective

44. انا امل ان اكون من اوائل من يحصل على النسخة المترجمة للعربية

45. david says:

I don’t like the idea of having Kim Raver back. She can’t act. Seems to me that she kills every show that comes on that is good. I hope they bring bsck Tony and Aaron back.

46. Ibrahim Jalloh says:

I miss 24 so bad that I have start it from season 1 to 8 again and again .id look no tv show only 24 please help us with season 9.

47. Rebecca says:

Carlos Bernard for sure. The show won’t be the same without him!!! Bring back Tony Almeida!!!! <3

48. Suck Deez NutZ says:

Wow. Who comments on these things? Do you IDIOTS read NOTHING? “What about Chloe? When does it start? What about Tony?” READ THE ARTICLE!!!!

49. Steve says:

Elisha Cuthbert please. Probably the most annoying “I’m so important” character in TV history… Kim Bauer should be crucified, and she only mildly redeemed herself in Season 8. Glenn Morshower needs to be in it!! Aaron Pierce regardless of how small his role has been in every season!! Clearly Mary-Ann Rajskub is everyone’s favourite 24 character outside of Keifer. Carlos Bernard (aka Tony Almeida) is an awesome character, but regarding the events of season 8 It would be hard work to write his character into the script. And London being the location, great idea… this would definitely add a new spin on things CTU operating outside of its country of origin… that is if they reinstated CTU after season 8. Not entirely sure how all the characters would be in London on this new fateful day, or if Jack’s eternal phone battery will be pushed to the limits on international dialling.

• LindaP for Jack says:

Tony can be written in…Audrey is in jeapardy..Heller is Pres..and Chloe gets him to let Tony out to find Jack and Audrey and redeem himself to Jack…Gotta end well for them all!