24: Live Another Day to Shoot in London

24It’s time for Jack Bauer to update his passport.

TVLine has confirmed that 24: Live Another Day, Fox’s 12-episode continuation of its seminal real-time thriller, will shoot on location in London.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

24 has always had such a global sensibility,” said leading man Kiefer Sutherland in a statement to EW.com. “But to be able to tell this intense 24-style story with the beauty of Europe’s history and architecture as the backdrop is going to be fascinating. Hopefully, by the time you’re finished watching an episode, you’ll feel like you’ve been there…on the edge of your seat.”

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

24: LAD, slated to launch next May, will essentially be 24 “compressed over 12 weeks,” Fox president Kevin Reilly previously explained. “It will go chronologically over the day, but it will skip hours.”

In addition to Sutherland, fellow 24 vet Mary Lynn Rajskub (Chloe) is also on board for the revival, while Kim Raver is in talks to reprise her role as Audrey.

1. nikki says:

YAY Its about time

2. Eurisko says:

I have nothing against the actress but i was not a fan of Audrey. Id rather see solo Jack and no love interest. But in the end im just glad to have Jack and Chloe back. I might be the only one but id like to see A blind Ricky Schroder and Mr. Sarah Michelle Gellar pop up too.

3. Pat says:

Heller is rumored to be president too! As the president is a returning character.

4. eddie says:

episode 1- 8million viewers
    episode 2- 7million viewers
    episodes 3-12 5-6 million viewers
    I would have much rather preferred a full length film with a good director…. im afraid that if this new season doesn’t do that well we’ll never get a movie.

• Bored Now says:

That’s some pretty specific ratings guesswork going on there, especially for a show that hasn’t been made and hasn’t been given a timeslot or even an airdate yet.

And you would rather continue to hang around pointlessly for a two hour movie stuck in development hell that could well never happen now anyway than enjoy twelve guaranteed hours of the show back on television? Nothing like turning such great news into something totally negative based on nothing but your own made up ratings predictions.

5. alistaircrane says:

Yay! Now just bring Kim Bauer back. She was my favourite character, and Elisha Cuthbert is obviously free.

• Brian says:

Noooooo! Her and Audrey Raines come in at 1 and 1A in terms of most annoying female characters on that show. Now, if Elisha Cuthbert returned to 24 as her Happy Endings character, I would be all for it.

• alistaircrane says:

Kim Bauer is kick ass and always has been a great character. Her Season 2 story was my favourite, although I wish it had tied more into the main story. I liked her as a CTU agent in Season 3, and I looooooved her in Season 7 as a tough-ass chick. Most of the hate for Kim is dripping with misogyny from “manly man” who just want to see Jack shoot some minority.

• Eurisko says:

@Alistair… what? I’ve never met one guy who had a prob with Kim. Most straight guys want more of Elisha. I do not think the word Misogyny means what you think it means.

• alistaircrane says:

Men hate the Kim character simply because she is a woman. Misogyny is the unwarranted hatred of women by men.

• J says:

But your argument becomes immediately invalidated by the same men liking literally ANY other female character. Like, say, the almost universally-beloved Chloe. Who, by the way, is way more of a feminist point of pride for this show than Kim will ever be.

• joe stuff says:

ROFL….princess bride!

• alistaircrane says:

Chloe isn’t universally-beloved. And Kim is absolutely the target of misogyny, there’s no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

• What makes you an expert on how everyone else thinks? It’s not misogyny. Women hate Kim too. It’s not the character herself or any kind of anti-women rhetoric, but how ridiculous her storyline was in season 2. The writers were stuck with a series regular they had no idea what to do with. So what happens? They make her a babysitter that works for a psychotic father who kills the mom and chases her all day and she ends up in the woods stuck in a trap that looks simple enough to get out of and she gets rescued by some doomsday freak living in a shack, who lies to keep her around and then Psycho Dad comes back to kill her. It was ridiculous, random peril that brought the show down. I even know someone who was inexplicably a Kim fan by the end of season one (because she related to her) but then hated her a few episodes into season two because it was that bad. Even while season two was airing, I was kind of an apologist for Kim until I gave up and admitted, “Ugh, she’s so stupid,” when she told a cop about the nuclear bomb after Jack specifically told her not to tell anyone. At the time, TV Guide’s Matt Roush went so far as to say the wrong Bauer (Teri) died.

6. Can’t wait for the 24 reboot in Summer 2014. Question is, are they going to bring back Tony Almeida?

7. Krethgar says:

Is Kim Raver still in negotiations? Is there still hope that Boredrey Raines does NOT show up?

8. Babygate says:

I thought Kim Raver was confirmed to be returning. I am so excited about this. I love, LOVE 24. TV is not the same without it. Can’t wait to see Jack Bauer on my screen again. And Chloe!! Yes!!!

9. Will Oh says:

The important question is this: Will Aaron Pierce return?

10. Nicole says:

So wonder why Chloe is also across the pond? Unless she’s assisting Jack remotely back in the states. While I wish she was scurrying around London with him, can’t deny they do have good headset-earpiece-phone chemistry so it’s all good.

11. EJ says:

I hope we somehow get to see a bit of Jean Smart in this.

12. Swag says:

I am so ready for the Jack Bauer Hour of Power!! Jack and Chloe in London will be awesome!!

13. jesse says:

So psyched for this, love kim raver, and being from london i cant wait! 24 in my hometown!!!!!! Be cool if they do bring back william devane as president and a few other faces from past seasons would be cool, i agree id love to see jean smart return and also jayne atkinson, always liked karen hayes

14. stevemoi says:

sad l wouldn’t see Renee walker again!