The Simpsons: Which Unlucky Character Will Take a Dirt Nap in Season 25?

The-Simpsons-Death-Character-KilledOh my God, they’re killing…well, somebody.

Yes indeed, a regular character will pay the ultimate price on The Simpsons during the Fox comedy’s upcoming 25th season — the first since Maud Flanders unexpectedly reached her expiration date back in February 2000 — producers revealed in a conference call this week.

Who will be pushing up animated daisies?

“I’ll give you a clue that the actor playing the character won an Emmy for playing that character, but I won’t say who it is,” executive producer Al Jean told Canada’s Sun News.

The show’s list of winners in the Outstanding Voice-Over Performance category include:

* Anne Hathaway as Princess Penelope (2010)
* Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson (2009)
* Kelsey Grammer as Sideshow Bob (2006)
* Dan Castellaneta as “various characters” (2004)
* Hank Azaria as “various characters” (2003)
* Hank Azaria as “various characters” (2001)
* Hank Azaria as Apu (1998)
* Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson (1993)

Additionally, six separate actors took home the prize in 1992 — Nancy Cartwright (Bart); Jackie Mason (Rabbi Krustofsky); Julie Kavner (Marge, Patty, Selma and Marge’s Mother); Yeardley Smith (Lisa); Marcia Wallace (Mrs. Krabappel); and Dan Castellaneta (Homer and Grandpa Simpson).

That’s quite a few favorites to include in your death pool, Simpsons fans.

So what do you think? Any guesses as to which Springfield resident will be waltzing with the Grim Reaper? Any great ideas for how said character should be erased? Sound off in the comments!

• Mark says:

I don’t think Apu will die. The Simpsons have done numerous episodes that take place in the future and Apu, Manjula and all 8 of their kids have been featured.

• Jack says:

I don’t think timeline continuity is a big deal on The Simpsons, bro

• Mark says:

The Simpsons are doing another episode that takes place in the future and the last one took place 2 years ago.

• Ed says:

Hans Moleman. Then again he always gets killed.

• Alex says:

In the 23rd season there’s an episode showing the simpsons like 30 years in the future, and there’s a scene where marge says that in the past ( so the future for us ) Homer Killed mrs.Krappabel !

• Alexander says:

Yes the simpsons have done episodes where mrs krabappel is in the future but the original episodes are always in the same year because since the start Bart is ten and Lisa is eight so obviously timeframe does not matter at all.

• Sara says:

I think so too. If I’m recalling correctly, there were a lot of articles from the Indian community against Apu & Hank Azaria repsonded to a few of them

• myles says:

I think grandpa will die because he,s around his 80’s and maybe he should join Mona simpson in heaven but I have feelings that it could be Krusty but wouldn’t that leave Bart upset forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. hello says:

There are maybe 30 or 40 big characters between Dan Castellaneta and Hank Azaria. Would be interesting if they killed Sideshow Bob though

• Daven says:

It’s going to be Grandpa. But I agree, it would make more sense for Sideshow Bob to take another run at Bart and lose in an extremely fatal final act.

• Steven says:

Sideshow Bob would make the most sense in terms of character, but the thing about Sideshow Bob is that he’s not just a rarely-recurring character, he’s an outright villain–the temptation would be too great to bring him back in two or three years to reveal how he survived. And if this is a big deal on the level of Maude Flanders (Bleeding Gums Murphy and Homer’s Vegas wife may be recurring characters, but they don’t count), he’ll have to STAY dead or they wouldn’t bother with the release. I’m starting to wonder if it isn’t Patty or Selma… imagine Homer trying to keep a straight face at the funeral and the sheer number of frustrated-Marge-moans that would elicit.

• Alexander says:

Sideshow bob will appear whenever Kelsey Grammer has the time to do a voice over and he will be back because he has an episode based around him every 2/3 seasons so he could even be back this season and because Kelsey grammer only does sideshow bob he won’t get killed off and the worst thing that will happen to him is that he will get killed off but then come back and reveal how he survives and before he gets time to blow up the simpsons blow himself up.

2. Apu is gonna die because he refused to buy health insurance.

3. courts says:

Sideshow Bob.

4. Mark says:

I think the death will either be: Barney Gumble or Sideshow Bob.

5. Mikael says:

I’m sure it will be a secondary character like Maude was.

6. I’d say Sideshow Bob or Grandpa Simpson

7. Carrie says:

Sideshow Bob. It’ll be something humiliating to his classist tastes.

8. tara17 says:

Either Barney Gumble, Sideshow Bob or Grampa Simpson.

9. tara17 says:

Apu is a good choice as well because the character is dated for 2013. Hmm.

10. If Apu died, wouldn’t he just reincarnate? :P

11. jonathan says:

regular character not recurring

12. Notacareinthrworld says:

I’m almost confident it’s Mr. Burns. There’s just no storyline left with him and he’s ridiculously old.

• steven says:

I thought he was gonna die a few seasons ago when he had multiple illnesses.

• hello says:

He is voiced by Harry Shearer and he is not on the list

• Alexander says:

Even though they say his 104 in one episode they say he is in his eighty’s and he owns the power plant and he is filthy rich and he makes the episodes with the power plant in so if they kill him off it would just kill the show and they will find plenty of plots for him easily and I am not being a geek or anything here I am just saying he will have plenty of stories in the show and it does not matter if he is 104 or any other age because the characters are never getting older not even Maggie.

13. Anissa says:

Didn’t they kill off Fat Tony? Or maybe since his cousin immediately took over it doesn’t count?

• Mark says:

Yes, Fat Tony was killed and was replace by his look alike cousin so that is why most people forget or don’t count Fat Tony’s death.

14. monte says:

Moe…. And Homer takes over the bar

15. Tony says:

Maude was not the last character to die. They killed off a character in The Simpsons Movie who has not been seen since then.

16. SimpsonFan07 says:

Since they don’t care about timeline continuity, maybe they will kill off Ned’s wife again! =P

17. Ann says:

It’ll be the lonely old lady with all the cats. Does she even have a name?

18. Venkman007 says:

Not having watched the show since the “good” writers bolted for “Futurama” back in 1999, this news concerns me little, but since I’m reading this, I’ll take an educated guess and surmise its Sideshow Bob that will strolling through the bone orchard.

19. JBS says:

Well we know that it can’t be Mr. Burns, Smithers, Ned, Rev. Lovejoy Principal Skinner, Dr. Hibbert or anyone else voiced by Harry Shearer. Is it wrong that I hope it’s actually a significant character that’s killed off instead of a minor one?

20. karenb888 says:

Why are they killing off cartoon characters? Family Guy said they’re doing this too? Sounds strange.

21. Mrs. Krabappel. She is, after all, Ned’s SECOND wife. They killed off his first wife, why not his second wife. Could lead to a “new” Ned…questioning God and all.

22. Sam says:

Wasn’t Doctor Nick killed in the movie?

23. sideshow troy says:

I think its definitely Apu

24. Ben Warbs says:

I think it’s gonna be Comic Book Guy to be honest. Or Mr Burns. Or Smithers. I just DON’T KNOW

25. Smithers…now about these leather goods…

26. meh says:

It could be Moe, but the FCC wouldn’t allow suicide

27. Zachary Gunner says:

Edna Krabappel, Ned looses another wife, so obvious guys! (and I bet homer kills her to)

28. me says:

I think Edna because in one of the future episodes Ned married Maudes ghost after Homer killed Edna

29. Jmop says:

The last dead character wasn’t Maude, it was Mona Simpson!

30. Gbyugjb says:

I think sideshow bob should be removed because it gets annoying when he try’s to kill Bart to much times

31. Gbyugjb says:

Who is Mona Simpson

32. Zachary Gunner says:

Mona Simpson a.k.a Mona Stevens, Martha Stewart, Penelope Olsen & Muddy Mae Suggins lol is Homers mama!

33. Guys Grandpa Simpson is the logical death, The episode titled “Thursdays with Abie” the ghost of Clark Gable said “Heres the quarter I owe ya. It’s a ghost quarter but you’ll be able to use it soon”

34. rick ballard says:

oh man, what if its Sideshow Bob? kelsey Grammer only has a few occurences anyways. maybe its the only way they can logically stop the fued between him and bart?

35. Thatlolguy says:

What about groundskeeper willy or jasper now that’s a paddlin

36. Kiran says:

It going to be BOB

37. BossMan says:

It can’t be sideshow bob because he’s got a ride or something based on him at universal world

38. William says:

I hope the episode where this is shown will be an emotional episode rather than one filled with comedy!

39. christi says:

I believe Homer is going to get possesed by ghosts of mr. Burns past and kill him!!!
    Christi

40. ikihi says:

i think it will be skinner’s mom

41. kelcie cave says:

I dont think that apu will die because his wife died in 2000.I think it could be marge because she hasent been in the last few episodes a lot so thats what I think.

42. Richard says:

If the Simpsons follow the pattern of “All In The Family” (which is what the show is partially based on), it will be Moe, then Marge.

43. Harryford says:

Patty or Selma

44. Rabbi Hyman Krustofsky really fits the bill.

45. sleepingsid7 says: