Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey's Anatomy, Nikita, Scandal, Once, Revenge, Good Wife and More

blog_aa_10.1.13Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Can you please spill any upcoming Olivia and Fitz/Scandal spoilers? –Kels
Ausiello: The third clip here is but the tip of the iceberg, the onset of an intense and engrossing nine-minute Shondariffic sequence involving Olivia and Fitz… and one other person.

Question: Arizona looked so distraught towards the end of the Grey’s Anatomy season premiere. It had me in tears. Do you have any scoop on Callie and Arizona that will help turn my frown upside down? —Allyson
Ausiello: Happy days are here again! Or at least they will be for one half of the fractured couple. “Callie, interestingly enough, while still going through something fairly dark, has a lot of humorous stuff happening to her in this season,” series creator Shonda Rhimes revealed at the show’s 200th episode soiree over the weekend. “She’s playing a lot of humor [and] getting the biggest laughs at table reads right now.”

Question: Is Grey’s Anatomy‘s Richard Webber the character in last week’s Blind Item?  —Kim
Ausiello: He sure isn’t! But that doesn’t mean Chief has an easy road ahead of him following his near-death experience. Returning to his old self “is going to be a long process, at least in terms of TV time,” previews James Pickens Jr.  “Over the next five episodes, we’ll watch him in this journey,  how he tries to come back from this. We haven’t seen Chief in this light before, so it’s going to be really interesting, really compelling.”

nikita finaleQuestion: The Nikita cast filmed their last episode this week. Any chance you might have some new intel? —@Nutcase_ via Twitter
Ausiello: Fans who have longed for more (or any!) Alex and Owen scenes will not be disappointed with these final six episodes. Not by a long shot.

Question: Will Once Upon a Time‘s Snow, Charming et al rely on Hook’s expertise of Neverland while searching for Henry? –JJ
Ausiello: Hook’s familiarity with Pan’s ‘hood indeed proves helpful and thus finds him leading the group through the jungle — at first. Alas, no sooner does the pirate save Charming from a fatally “thorny” situation does he realize that Neverland has changed, for the worse, in the maaaaany years since he last visited. What then? Let’s just say they take a cue from Dora.

Question: Any word when Freddie Prinze Jr. is returning to Bones? He had a cool on-screen buddy dynamic with David Boreanaz. –Jim.
Ausiello: I wholeheartedly agree. And while Prinze’s CIA man Danny Beck is officially booked for a second episode, I hear producers are cooking up a story that brings him back into the fold later in the season.

Question: I loved the Law and Order: SVU premiere and can’t wait to see how Olivia’s arc plays out over the season. Will we continue to find out more about the time she spent with Lewis? —Cheryl
Ausiello: That depends on how much Benson is willing to divulge.  As Benson’s partner, “Amaro is confused as to how to deal with it,” shares his portrayer Danny Pino. “He’s feeling his way, because he’s not a psychologist, and you’ll see that throughout: ‘When can I ask her if she’s OK?’ There’s an underlying volatility to the whole season… This is something she’s working through, but we’re also working through it, because we have a stake in her, and it’s a very personal one.” (Also, not that you asked, but I loathed the SVU opener with every fiber of my being.)

house of cards season 2Question: Any chance you can deal us a House of Cards scoop? —Matt
Ausiello: Major spoiler alert — Linda Vasquez will be allowed to step foot outside the White House! Her portrayer, Sakina Jaffrey, tells me we will see her cooped-up chief of staff character “in a different space” in Season 2, although she won’t literally be seen outdoors. “I don’t think [Linda's] seen the light of day,” the actress says with a laugh. “They don’t let her out too much.”

Question: Do you know who shot Emily on Revenge? You do, don’t you? —Janet
Ausiello: I don’t! In fact, no one knows. According to Emily VanCamp, the writers “are still on the fence about” who ultimately pulls the trigger. And someone does pull the trigger. The show’s leading lady insists the show isn’t pulling a fast one in that flash-forward (i.e. it’s a dream, the shooting is staged or something else lame like that.) “From what I know, she is really going to get shot and fall off that boat,” she maintains. “Who knows what happens after that? I’ll have to wait until Episode 10 to read it.” (Email me a digital file when you’re done, K? You kinda still owe me for this. Didn’t want to have to play that card but you forced my hand, Ems.)

Question: Revenge isn’t going to take Aiden and Victoria’s partnership in a romantic direction, right? —Kelly
Ausiello: Although exec producer Sunil Nayar concedes that “there are definitely sparks” between Barry Sloane and Madeline Stowe, “That’s not exactly the road we’re taking them down.” When we pick up this Sunday, Victoria remains skeptical about Aiden’s motives. “She really wants him to prove his fidelity,” Nayar explains, “because what a great ally he would be. They’re both trying to feel each other out. It’s fun to watch two people start to dance when neither one knows who’s leading and neither one trusts their partner.” Bonus Scoop: Ana Ortiz’ one-off guest stint has officially been upgraded to a multi-episode arc. Ugly Betty alums, FTW!

Question: That awesome Good Wife promo seemed to leave little doubt that Diane is leaving Lockhart Gardner to pursue that Supreme Court post. What’s the dealio? —Matt
Ausiello: Appearances can be deceiving. “There will be a lot of in-fighting [at LG] about whether she has made her decision,” hints series cocreator Robert King, who adds, “The whole question raised last year is now taken to fruition – where does Diane’s heart lie? Because you can’t be running a firm and have your heart be somewhere else.”

Matthew Perry The Good WifeQuestion: Any word on whether Matthew Perry will be returning to The Good Wife? —Alex
Ausiello: There is word, and it sucks to high heaven. Per Robert King, Perry is not currently scheduled to return as Peter’s political nemesis Mike Kresteva, which the EP acknowledges is “sad. We’d love to get him back.”

Question: How cool is Connie Britton? —Joaquim
Ausiello: Here’s how awesome she is: While other, lesser actresses (and their reps) were seen rudely dismissing any outlet that wasn’t named Entertainment Hollywood or Access Tonight on the Emmys red carpet, Britton spent upwards of two hours in the blistering heat gamely doling out soundbites to pretty much every reporter stationed along the route. (I know this because long after our epic Q&A, I spotted her at the end of the carpet still doing interviews.)  The very definition of a class act.

Question: Thank you for recommending Masters of Sex. The pilot was incredible. Any teases? —Bill
Ausiello: Episode 3 on Oct. 13 features bunny sex, guest appearances by both Parenthood‘s Mae Whitman and The Client List‘s Greg Grunberg, and an answer to this question: Which major male character is packing a big… gay secret?

Question: What’s Wendy up to on Sons of Anarchy? —Jeffrey
Ausiello: What, can’t a girl sport a faux bruise and make peace with her sworn enemy without arousing suspicion? OK, you’re right — she’s totally plotting something. And you’ll get a hint about what that something is this week.

Question: I’m dying to know what’s next for Carrie and Saul on Homeland! Please, and thank you! –Andrew
Ausiello: Carrie’s “proportional response” to Saul’s damning Senate testimony will find her, um, otherwise occupied for much of Episode 2, while Saul is busy breaking in a new — and Muslim — CIA analyst, Fara (played by Nazanin Boniadi). By the time Saul and Carrie reunite, let’s just say that the latter is in no condition to argue with the friend who betrayed her.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Megan Masters and Scott Huver)

1. Karl says:

no one believes that a real person named joaquim asked how cool connie is

2. I’d like to know if John Winchester will show up in Supernatural again. If Bobby was kicked out of heaven, why not him?

3. Christina says:

A “fatally ‘thorny’ situation” sounds…interesting? Can’t wait to see what that means.

4. Stefan says:

Emily is exposed and Daniel shoots her because of everything she’s done to him.

• wordsmith says:

Or Aiden. Or Patrick. Or Charlotte. Or Jack. There are quite a few available options.

• dude says:

My money is on Charlotte. She figures Emily out and shoots her to protect her family. There are lots of possibilities but very few I can imagine her saying “I’m Sorry” to. That list is whittled down to Charlotte, Jack and Aiden.

• Dan Sorenson says:

If Aiden is really betraying Amanda why doesn’t he just out her? If there isn’t a good explanation soon it’s gonna be the Initiative all over again.

5. Lysh says:

The more Captain Charming or Davey Jones or whatever the fandom calls the Hook and Charming brotp, the more I love it. Future best mates for sure. :)

6. Mel says:

Thanks for the Once Scoop!

7. liz says:

I really want Diane to go for the judgeship! Like bad. And I want Matthew Perry to return!!
    Give me these things Robert and Michelle King! Please?

8. Beth says:

Wendy is so working with Toric. The unmarked gun ties illegal guns to Gemma so when Jax and Tara possibly go to jail, not even Gemma can keep Abel. Wendy gets Abel and Thomas as a bonus, after watching it that’s what I think.

• JEst says:

That is the first time I read that theory. Usually people are assuming that Wendy is working with Tara.

• Vince says:

Nope. Wendy is definitely working with Tara. How else did she find out about Gemma’s rape to manipulate her into getting sympathy? Wendy didn’t even know Gemma was going to give her a gun. Besides, during Comic-Con, Maggie said that Wendy and Unser will become an ally to Tara.

• cas says:

Huh, I just thought the whole time Wendy was just crazy and wanted attention. I didn’t think she was working with anyone. I thought she was dumb enough to want Jax and her old life back.

9. Ali says:

More Danny and Booth, that’s what I call good news. woot!

• lucy says:

DANNY & BOOTH!!!! YES!!! Finally Freddie is coming back, he didn’t get enough scenes in the premier for my liking and he is pretty awesome with David.

10. Andrew H. says:

Thanks for answering my Homeland question, Michael! I’m so excited to see how all of that is going to go down. :D

11. roderk says:

For Revenge: the answer is “Han shot first”

no, For me it’s Charlotte.
    She discovered that Emily was lying all the time and thinks she is the cause of all suffering.

12. Tav says:

For anyone looking for Homeland info, three sneak peaks are out for the upcoming ep (and they’re ALL about Carrie and Saul), plus the last one basically reveals the answer to “Carrie’s “proportional response” …will find her, um, otherwise occupied for much of Episode 2.”
    Actually, I think the third one gives away too much and I would’ve liked that to be a surprise, but if people are serious about spoilers then have at it.

13. Babygate says:

In a way I hate the cheating story for Callie and Arizona but on the other hand, this really is fertile ground for Sara and JCap to flex their acting muscles. And Sara does comedy so, so well. She can bring on the funny even when she’s being tragic. I am so looking forward to see how this unfolds. And I hope she and JCap get decent screen time, instead of squeezing their scenes into .30 second blocks which is why problems are never really explored, because they don’t have enough time to flesh anything out. I hope that Webber recovers, retires and moves to the East coast with Catherine.

• chris says:

it would be fertile ground for two fantastic actresses IF the writers treated their relationship with any respect but this “brining the funny” doesn’t sound (at least to me) like that is in the cards. These two need time with a counselor (individually and together) but the interviews to date suggest that isn’t going to happen. They need to sit and really communicate but that hasn’t happened since well when was the last time that happened? When Callie was preggers with Marks kid and AZ told her/Callie she got the lesbian dream but that she AZ was not living her dream? We need more of those scenes where they talk and air their differences, not scream at each other or freeze each other out and walk away. If the writers can’t give them significant screen time to really communicate and work out their issues, then they should move them on to other separate story lines.

14. Stephanie says:

ALEX AND OWEN. YES. THANK YOU FOR THIS. a;slkdfjaks;ldf;la

15. iMember says:

Loving the REVENGE spoilers! This season is going to be great, and has started off very well! Can’t wait to find out who shoots Emily Thorne.

16. TL says:

I will say that THE GOOD WIFE has kicked it up a notch with that season opener. It really is one of the best shows on TV. If they can keep that pace up…WOW.

17. Dominique says:

yes to the Olex spoiler, fantastic!!

18. tahina says:

Callie dancing im her underwear for sure..hope Arizona sees her. <3<3

• chris says:

AZ watching callie dance would probably just pour salt on the wound/stump given AZ is one legged now. Rather see them make up and slow dance together.

19. luli says:

I want MORE Nalex! not more Olex!!!! -.-

20. Joe Petitjean says:

Revenge better pick up are ABC will cancel it.

21. Mandy says:

Owen & Alex? GROSSSSSSSSSSSS and forced!

• Michelle says:

ITA. Owen had unresolved feelings for Nikita, hate that that was never addressed and now they’re pushing Owen/Alex down my throat. Bleurgh.

• luli says:

I just want to see Nalex, they were so neglected last season! And they are the heart of the show, not Mikita…. And I just don’t want to see Olex happening…

• Dominique says:

unresolved feelings for Nikita? Curious to know what you’re basing this on?

• JKR says:

Wow…I don’t watch Nikita, so I thought this was about Grey’s…I almost died.

22. Marco says:

Gay male character in MOS? It can only be the blond male test subject. Nicholas D’Agosto’s character had sex and was in love with Caplan’s character, and Shannon’s character, a real person, created the idea of ‘curing the gay away’ so… we only have one dude left.

23. MLO says:

Is it just me or does Kerry Washington look in need of a bathroon – fast – in every picture you guys have posted lately?

24. Jeri says:

I agree with Aus on SVU, they do a lot of that gratuitious (sp?) stuff. I don’t like the show nearly as much as I used to.

25. Tom Last says:

I would like to know if the series “Vikings” would return this year to A&E network.

26. Bee says:

Who are these Nikita fans that have been crying out for more Alex-Owen scenes? :s

27. Vada says:

I savor, result in I discovered just what I used to be looking for.
    You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man.
    Have a great day. Bye

28. Matt says:

Thanks for the House of Cards scoop!

29. James Butler says:

Season 5 kickoff was pretty good, involving something other then Alicia’s shameful behavior’ From the upcoming episode some of the Willica fans will get a glimpse of just how self absorb Will is, He appear to betray the one person who has (other than Mrs Florrick) who is on his side. His true colors will come out and I wonder if Alicia will have her blinders on?