It's Official: NBC Cancels Summer Dramedy Camp

Get More: Cancellations

Camp CancelledNBC won’t be going Camp-ing again anytime soon.

As TVLine recently predicted, the network has opted not to renew the Rachel Griffiths-fronted summer dramedy for a second season.

Co-star Nikolai Nikolaeff made the cancellation news official on Tuesday, tweeting, “So… It was a great summer and I loved every minute of it. Sorry to all the @NBCCamp fans out there but no go on #CampSeason2.”

RELATED | The Blacklist Spoilers — Will Elizabeth Learn the Truth About Her Husband?

Fellow summer series Mistresses (ABC) and Under the Dome (CBS) fared far better than the low-rated Camp; both have been renewed for sophomore seasons.

Tags: ,

Comments (70)

• That’s sad, it wasn’t the greatest show but I thought it was cute. I enjoyed it.

Comment by Nessie – October 1, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I imagine that the cancellation news of many OTHER shows are gonna hit the interwebs hard and fast these next couple days.

Comment by Venkman007 – October 1, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved that show. It was sweet. Too bad.

Comment by Jessica – October 1, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad, I actually liked it. It was no brain entertainment. Perfect for summer.

Comment by Anonymous – October 1, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll miss all those Dance Academy kids!!

Comment by Sue – October 1, 2013 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad, but expected. Luckily the show finished its entire season and ended pretty satisfactory.

Comment by Devin Hudson (@DevinTHudson) – October 1, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t aware this show existed. And I’m a TV addict. That explains it all.

Comment by rochplanner – October 1, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^This

Comment by Xavier R. – October 1, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is literally the problem at NBC. They have very few shows that are watched by large numbers of people (outside reality shows), so they have no way to launch new shows. This was a pretty good show. Shame no one saw it.

Comment by Patrick – October 1, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i wish there was more

Comment by austin duran – October 10, 2013 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I couldn’t watch the show BECAUSE I was working at a camp… but it was so much like what I experienced I wanted it to come back soo bad!!!!

Comment by Cortney H – November 2, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I looked forward to this every week during the summer! It was nice to have something good to watch. Unfortunately I am not surprised . Let’s are what they will air next summer and then cancel.

Comment by Kaylin – October 1, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very sad that Camp was cancelled, Watched the show every week. It was nice to have a show in the summer that the entire family could sit down and all enjoy.

Comment by emily – October 1, 2013 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Darn it. I liked it as a summer show. It was funny and sweet.

Comment by Leah – October 1, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • fun fact for anyone who didnt already know – Camp was an australian production!! filmed in Aus, starring all Aussies (there might be a canadian or los angelean in there somewhere). CRAY! it was a fun show to marathon OnDemand but i’m not surprised it’s been cancelled. i actually thought it was already cancelled when i started watching it.

Comment by cjeffery7 – October 1, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked this show but I could never get past the fact that all the actors were obviously faking their American accents. It’s hard to immerse yourself when you’re constantly noticing the acting.

Comment by Shifty – October 1, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True!

Comment by guess – October 2, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I had no idea it was filmed in Australia or that most actors were from there. I just enjoyed the show..

Comment by ncmacasl – October 2, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That just sucks. I liked it better than the Dome and Mistresses is just trash.

Comment by Diz – October 1, 2013 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mathis was a fun show, great nostalgia. I hope someone puts together something else like this that sticks around

Comment by Ram510 – October 1, 2013 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A nice show – was fun to watch during this past summer. Some terrfic Australian scenery as well. Sorry to see it go, but glad that it was on. At least NBC [w/Camp], CBS [w/Dome & Unforgettable] and ABC [w/Mistresses] tried to program some original scripted fare this past summer – I give them credit for that.

Ironic – NBC also had another non-US based show on summer of 2012 – the Canadian- born ‘Saving Hope’, and I liked that as well (particularly lead actress Erica Durance) – but alas, NBC canceled that as well. Maybe next summer…

Comment by N tTVf – October 1, 2013 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Saving Hope is still continuing in Canada, though.

Comment by Carla Krae – October 2, 2013 02:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you for the clarification – glad to see the show is still in production and being broadcast. I may have to drive up to Canada to check out the show. ;) Erica D has a terrific screen presence – captivating. Perhaps they’ll release the series on DVD.

Comment by N tTVf – October 3, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • aw man!!! that stinks! I loved Camp :(

Comment by Elyse – October 2, 2013 02:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is NBC still in this business? I mean, they could go doing some many things… There were some SERIOUS flaws with this show, but it wasn’t the worst.

Comment by Eyahn – October 2, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad, it was my favorite summer show this year. It was far better than a lot of the new shows that I’ve given a try so far this season!

Comment by Rain – October 2, 2013 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww I really liked Camp as a summer show. Sad news.

Comment by Bre – October 2, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was a great summer show. Huge bummer!

Comment by Jill – October 2, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed Camp! It was perfect summer filler.

Comment by Ann VerWiebe – October 2, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “NBC” and “cancels” in the same sentence, that’s not something you see everyday!
    Or… Not.

Comment by bend22 – October 2, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew it would pretty much just be a show to fill in for the summer. Siberia will be next. I found it funny that here it was an American show shot in Australia with a mostly Australian cast that were all from the same show they previously did.

Comment by TV Watcher – October 2, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least give it a proper burial by updating the NBC “Cancellation Scorecard”

Comment by ncmacasl – October 2, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed CAMP as well for what it was.. But.. it did wrap up stories so at least that’s a better deal than some shows that get cancelled with cliffhangers….( Hello The Glades)..

Comment by Doug H – October 2, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey Mike! Is it still going to continue in Australia? I thought NBC just licensed it. They weren’t really involved in the production. Maybe a second season will land on DVD?

Comment by Gary – October 3, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course the trashy shows stayed and the one that wasn’t gets cancelled. This is truly sad!

Comment by Brit – October 3, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Camp. Lots of fresh faces.

Comment by Hermon Calupe – October 4, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Camp! It was cute, funny, and laid back – a great summer show. I enjoyed the actors as well. At least I was happy with how they wrapped up the final episode, so it does feel like the characters stayed in a good place at the end.

Comment by Tab – October 4, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just in case Camp does not return to either Australian TV and/or a DVD set, there is a nice YouTube tribute to Camp (a three part set of clips) as a keepsake of the charm and joy of this little summer series. Enjoy!

(to find the clips, search on YouTube for ‘Tribute NBC Camp’)

Comment by Television Scout on the lookout – October 5, 2013 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that’s saddening. But is it really cancelled? Doesn’t NBC just license it for the US? It may continue in Australia and then be on DVD?

Comment by Eurotrash – October 6, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHOO HOO! I KNEW that this piece of garbage would be canceled! Bye bye, Camp. We won’t be seeing you ANYTIME sooner or later.

Comment by Nathan Smith – October 10, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am seriously bummed out. It just occurred to me to check on this show, and then I find out it’s been cancelled…. This was the one show I actually committed myself to watch every week, and the characters were adorable. It was the Camp experience I never had.

Comment by Alexis – October 18, 2013 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too, Alexis, I just thought to check on it also. I am most saddened by this refreshing and charming show.

Comment by Jay – December 4, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am pissed! I loved this show!

Comment by Jane – October 20, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My daughter and I are really sad…we loved watching camp together every week. We could not wait for its return…why do they have to cancel all the good shows…everybody on there was great and wish we could continue with all the fun…it put a smile on our face. :(

Comment by Karen Zembas – October 27, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Under the Dome was the WORST. WHAT KIND OF FINALE WAS THAT?!?! This was a cute, enjoyable, easy show to watch. What a shame. It looks like since Mistresses is tacky and UtD is lame, I won’t be watching anything on NBC next year. This was one show I half liked on that network.

Comment by Wow – October 28, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so bummed to hear it was cancelled. This was one comedy that I really enjoyed. The guy who had the 3 some is so hot I hope to see him cast in something else soon.

Comment by priscilla – October 29, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bummer! This show made me smile!

Comment by Marie – October 30, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lame! that was a great show! not the best but I really enjoyed watching it! Some of the cast from Australia’s show Dance Academy was in it!

Comment by Jennie Finken – October 31, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad about this! Camp was without a doubt my fave new summer show this year. And Under the Dome and Mistresses are both dull so I don’t get why they got higher ratings :(

Comment by Jen – November 3, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • me and my mom loved watching the show :(

Comment by sara – November 18, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • noooo. Loved it. Was filmed in Australia too. its GCB all over again :’(

Comment by Greg – November 20, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad to hear Camp was cancelled. Dena Kaplan is gorgeous and it’s a shame she won’t be on our tv’s anymore. This show was a perfect summer show. Great job, NBC. First Chuck (glad it’s on Netflix now), and now Camp. When are you gonna just cancel your network? You are irrelevant now, anyways.

Comment by Another Great One Gone – November 22, 2013 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooo It is just too sad to see it cancelled. It is indeed a great TV show.

Comment by JUDY who wants to see Camp Season 2 – November 26, 2013 03:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a waste to not give the show a second season! Such a good show! Loved everything about it. NBC doesn’t have many shows worth watching, but Camp was cute :(

Comment by Natasha – December 2, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you mean thats the end? you got to be kidding with me…that show was real and nicer than dome and the rest….BRING IT BACK

Comment by ronnie – December 12, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • something worth watching, and you cancel it. you suck nbc!

Comment by kateri karish – December 27, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my favorite new shows. I wish it would come back. I got the series from iTunes a while ago, because I had a feeling it would not come back. Shows liek that never get a chance. It was odd. It was different. It was Camp.

Comment by Joshua G – December 28, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why’s does NBC never give a good show a chance. Camp was one of the best shows they have had in years and they cancel it after one season. Shame on you NBC.

Comment by Chris – January 10, 2014 02:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked Camp. The characters were interesting and original. It was funny and cute. All the good shows get canceled. NBC should have promoted it better. I hope it continues in Australia. I would definitely keep watching if I have the chance.

Comment by Sallieface – January 11, 2014 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess nbc just can not accept the fact that people enjoy family shows to watch with the kids even my schaunzers loved the show Yea lets put somthing out there that is so out there under the dome which is so crazy and not at all a family show Hey nbc can we just have one show that is fun to watch and makes us feel good camp was that show I wonder if NBC is not also run by fox

Comment by Lynda – March 18, 2014 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post