It's Official: NBC Cancels Summer Dramedy Camp

Camp CancelledNBC won’t be going Camp-ing again anytime soon.

As TVLine recently predicted, the network has opted not to renew the Rachel Griffiths-fronted summer dramedy for a second season.

Co-star Nikolai Nikolaeff made the cancellation news official on Tuesday, tweeting, “So… It was a great summer and I loved every minute of it. Sorry to all the @NBCCamp fans out there but no go on #CampSeason2.”

RELATED | The Blacklist Spoilers — Will Elizabeth Learn the Truth About Her Husband?

Fellow summer series Mistresses (ABC) and Under the Dome (CBS) fared far better than the low-rated Camp; both have been renewed for sophomore seasons.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Cancellations

1. Nessie says:

That’s sad, it wasn’t the greatest show but I thought it was cute. I enjoyed it.

2. Venkman007 says:

I imagine that the cancellation news of many OTHER shows are gonna hit the interwebs hard and fast these next couple days.

3. Jessica says:

I loved that show. It was sweet. Too bad.

4. Anonymous says:

Sad, I actually liked it. It was no brain entertainment. Perfect for summer.

5. Sue says:

I’ll miss all those Dance Academy kids!!

6. Sad, but expected. Luckily the show finished its entire season and ended pretty satisfactory.

7. rochplanner says:

I wasn’t aware this show existed. And I’m a TV addict. That explains it all.

8. Kaylin says:

I looked forward to this every week during the summer! It was nice to have something good to watch. Unfortunately I am not surprised . Let’s are what they will air next summer and then cancel.

9. emily says:

Very sad that Camp was cancelled, Watched the show every week. It was nice to have a show in the summer that the entire family could sit down and all enjoy.

10. Leah says:

Darn it. I liked it as a summer show. It was funny and sweet.

11. cjeffery7 says:

fun fact for anyone who didnt already know – Camp was an australian production!! filmed in Aus, starring all Aussies (there might be a canadian or los angelean in there somewhere). CRAY! it was a fun show to marathon OnDemand but i’m not surprised it’s been cancelled. i actually thought it was already cancelled when i started watching it.

12. Shifty says:

I liked this show but I could never get past the fact that all the actors were obviously faking their American accents. It’s hard to immerse yourself when you’re constantly noticing the acting.

13. Diz says:

That just sucks. I liked it better than the Dome and Mistresses is just trash.

14. Ram510 says:

Mathis was a fun show, great nostalgia. I hope someone puts together something else like this that sticks around

15. N tTVf says:

A nice show – was fun to watch during this past summer. Some terrfic Australian scenery as well. Sorry to see it go, but glad that it was on. At least NBC [w/Camp], CBS [w/Dome & Unforgettable] and ABC [w/Mistresses] tried to program some original scripted fare this past summer – I give them credit for that.

Ironic – NBC also had another non-US based show on summer of 2012 – the Canadian- born ‘Saving Hope’, and I liked that as well (particularly lead actress Erica Durance) – but alas, NBC canceled that as well. Maybe next summer…

• Carla Krae says:

Saving Hope is still continuing in Canada, though.

• N tTVf says:

Thank you for the clarification – glad to see the show is still in production and being broadcast. I may have to drive up to Canada to check out the show. ;) Erica D has a terrific screen presence – captivating. Perhaps they’ll release the series on DVD.

16. Elyse says:

aw man!!! that stinks! I loved Camp :(

17. Eyahn says:

Why is NBC still in this business? I mean, they could go doing some many things… There were some SERIOUS flaws with this show, but it wasn’t the worst.

18. Rain says:

So sad, it was my favorite summer show this year. It was far better than a lot of the new shows that I’ve given a try so far this season!

19. Bre says:

Aww I really liked Camp as a summer show. Sad news.

20. Jill says:

It was a great summer show. Huge bummer!

21. Ann VerWiebe says:

I enjoyed Camp! It was perfect summer filler.

22. bend22 says:

“NBC” and “cancels” in the same sentence, that’s not something you see everyday!
    Or… Not.

23. TV Watcher says:

I knew it would pretty much just be a show to fill in for the summer. Siberia will be next. I found it funny that here it was an American show shot in Australia with a mostly Australian cast that were all from the same show they previously did.

24. ncmacasl says:

At least give it a proper burial by updating the NBC “Cancellation Scorecard”

25. Doug H says:

I enjoyed CAMP as well for what it was.. But.. it did wrap up stories so at least that’s a better deal than some shows that get cancelled with cliffhangers….( Hello The Glades)..

26. Gary says:

Hey Mike! Is it still going to continue in Australia? I thought NBC just licensed it. They weren’t really involved in the production. Maybe a second season will land on DVD?

27. Brit says:

Of course the trashy shows stayed and the one that wasn’t gets cancelled. This is truly sad!

28. Hermon Calupe says:

Loved Camp. Lots of fresh faces.

29. Tab says:

I loved Camp! It was cute, funny, and laid back – a great summer show. I enjoyed the actors as well. At least I was happy with how they wrapped up the final episode, so it does feel like the characters stayed in a good place at the end.

30. Television Scout on the lookout says:

Just in case Camp does not return to either Australian TV and/or a DVD set, there is a nice YouTube tribute to Camp (a three part set of clips) as a keepsake of the charm and joy of this little summer series. Enjoy!

(to find the clips, search on YouTube for ‘Tribute NBC Camp’)

31. Eurotrash says:

Well that’s saddening. But is it really cancelled? Doesn’t NBC just license it for the US? It may continue in Australia and then be on DVD?

32. Nathan Smith says:

WHOO HOO! I KNEW that this piece of garbage would be canceled! Bye bye, Camp. We won’t be seeing you ANYTIME sooner or later.

33. Alexis says:

I am seriously bummed out. It just occurred to me to check on this show, and then I find out it’s been cancelled…. This was the one show I actually committed myself to watch every week, and the characters were adorable. It was the Camp experience I never had.

34. Jane says:

I am pissed! I loved this show!

35. Karen Zembas says:

My daughter and I are really sad…we loved watching camp together every week. We could not wait for its return…why do they have to cancel all the good shows…everybody on there was great and wish we could continue with all the fun…it put a smile on our face. :(

36. Wow says:

Under the Dome was the WORST. WHAT KIND OF FINALE WAS THAT?!?! This was a cute, enjoyable, easy show to watch. What a shame. It looks like since Mistresses is tacky and UtD is lame, I won’t be watching anything on NBC next year. This was one show I half liked on that network.

37. priscilla says:

I’m so bummed to hear it was cancelled. This was one comedy that I really enjoyed. The guy who had the 3 some is so hot I hope to see him cast in something else soon.

38. Marie says:

bummer! This show made me smile!

39. Lame! that was a great show! not the best but I really enjoyed watching it! Some of the cast from Australia’s show Dance Academy was in it!

40. Jen says:

So sad about this! Camp was without a doubt my fave new summer show this year. And Under the Dome and Mistresses are both dull so I don’t get why they got higher ratings :(

41. sara says:

me and my mom loved watching the show :(

42. Greg says:

noooo. Loved it. Was filmed in Australia too. its GCB all over again :’(

43. Another Great One Gone says:

So sad to hear Camp was cancelled. Dena Kaplan is gorgeous and it’s a shame she won’t be on our tv’s anymore. This show was a perfect summer show. Great job, NBC. First Chuck (glad it’s on Netflix now), and now Camp. When are you gonna just cancel your network? You are irrelevant now, anyways.

44. JUDY who wants to see Camp Season 2 says:

Nooooooo It is just too sad to see it cancelled. It is indeed a great TV show.

45. Natasha says:

What a waste to not give the show a second season! Such a good show! Loved everything about it. NBC doesn’t have many shows worth watching, but Camp was cute :(

46. ronnie says:

you mean thats the end? you got to be kidding with me…that show was real and nicer than dome and the rest….BRING IT BACK

47. something worth watching, and you cancel it. you suck nbc!

48. Joshua G says:

One of my favorite new shows. I wish it would come back. I got the series from iTunes a while ago, because I had a feeling it would not come back. Shows liek that never get a chance. It was odd. It was different. It was Camp.

49. Chris says:

Why’s does NBC never give a good show a chance. Camp was one of the best shows they have had in years and they cancel it after one season. Shame on you NBC.

50. Sallieface says:

I really liked Camp. The characters were interesting and original. It was funny and cute. All the good shows get canceled. NBC should have promoted it better. I hope it continues in Australia. I would definitely keep watching if I have the chance.

• Lynda says:

I guess nbc just can not accept the fact that people enjoy family shows to watch with the kids even my schaunzers loved the show Yea lets put somthing out there that is so out there under the dome which is so crazy and not at all a family show Hey nbc can we just have one show that is fun to watch and makes us feel good camp was that show I wonder if NBC is not also run by fox