Scoop: Criminal Minds Brings Back Paget Brewster for 200th Episode

Get More: Casting News, News

Paget Brewster Returns Criminal Minds 200thCriminal Minds will get a blast from its recent-ish past when fan fave Paget Brewster returns for the CBS crime drama’s 200th episode.

Rumblings about Brewster’s possible comeback started earlier this month when the actress tweeted a picture of her Criminal Minds makeup kit, seemingly from the set.

RELATED | Criminal Minds: A.J. Cook Teases a JJ Twist That’s ‘Going to Raise Some Eyebrows!’

Plus, cast member A.J. Cook teased to TVLine just last week that in Season 9, “We’re going to see a lot of familiar faces,” adding a playful gasp.

RELATED | NCIS Alumna to VisitCriminal Minds

Airing in February 2014 and shedding light onto what happened to JJ during her year away from the BAU (aka Season 6), “Our 200th episode is going to be a special show,”  showrunner Erica Messer said in a statement. “We can’t imagine telling this story without Paget being present.”

Since exiting Criminal Minds at the close of Season 7, Brewster has guested on Law & Order: SVU and Modern Family (both of which are Wednesday-at-9 shows, natch) and appeared in the ABC pilot Spy (which failed to make this TV season’s schedule).

Are you thrilled to get an encore of some sort from Brewster/Prentiss?

Comments (101)

• YES! I’ve missed her on the show!

Comment by jennifer – September 30, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show is not the same without her! I don’t like the Blake character!

Comment by Renee – December 21, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, the show is not as good. Please bring her back, why mess with a sure thing?

Comment by Linda Pasini – January 1, 2014 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I do actually like Blake but I would so want Emily back as well. Just add her back to the team and keep all the current cast.

Comment by Kathryn Parr – February 4, 2014 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree she made the show and it’s not the same without her. She is so good with the role and beautiful also. Please bring her back full time

Comment by Melvin – February 4, 2014 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Agent Prentiss needs to come back for good. The show is not the same without her. Jeanne Tripplehorn doesn’t seem to fit the group. Anita Ellenberger

Comment by Anita Ellenberger – February 15, 2014 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lets hope she returns for good. The show is good, but itcis better with her.

Comment by monieet – September 30, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have really missed her!! The show is just not right without her. Blake is a really boring character and needs to be transferred somewhere else.

Comment by G-Mom – October 4, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Prentiss needs to come back, Triplehorn does not fit in, period. Criminal Minds had the perfect team, horrible when Gideon left and then a bigger mistake to let Prentiss go. Tsk tsk look at all the comments!

Comment by Ruth Rosas – January 28, 2014 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes I’ve missed Paget, it’s a shame her pilot wasn’t picked up. I expected anything with her to do a lot better after she left CM, she’s a talented actress. I’m glad she’s making an appearance but I also think Jeanne Tripplehorn is a good replacement for her.

Comment by Cherry – September 30, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I say this as a huge fan of hers, it is not a shame that pilot wasn’t picked up. She was actually great in it and the script was kinda funny. But everyone else was seriously miscast. Rob Corddry was particularly bad. I’m not a fan of his to start, but he was totally wrong for the role. But Paget was great. I hope she gets another shot at comedy. Andy Richter Controls the Universe was an amazing show. She managed to outshine Andy Richter himself!

Comment by Zach – September 30, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh my gosh yes! Andy Richter Controls the Universe was an underappreciated gem. So funny and Paget was the best of the bunch. This woman needs to be on a comedy show STAT!!!

Comment by Aimee – September 30, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! Now please let her have some scenes that take place in the present day (since this is supposed to be a flashback ep). Seriously. What a disappointment it’ll be if we can’t see Prentiss reconnect with the team in current time.
    Also, can Hotch break up with Beth before her appearance, just saying…

Comment by Tav – September 30, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely, must have scenes in current time and not only in flashbacks. PLEASE!

Comment by J – September 30, 2013 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOO HOO!!!!!! So excited!

Comment by LDSK – September 30, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic! Now, someone PLEASE get this woman on a comedy full time!

Comment by Jax – September 30, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Day. Made.

Comment by David – September 30, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope paget comes bacl to the NAU. She id an asset to the show. She brings Pizzaz, Class and power to the show. The Team is not the same without her! Blake just doesn’t hack it. I prefer Spencer doesn’t need help. I love Morgan, Hotch, Spencer, Jj, Penelope, and ROSSI and to make it perfect Emily!!!!! Even miss Penelope’s boyfriend!!!!! BRING EMILY BACK PLEASE!!!!!

I also agree with the writer about NCIS. Without Ziva they have lost a wonderful actress with zeal. Same situation, the young girl that tjey brought im just doesn’t fit. TOO Young!

Comment by Mary – January 20, 2014 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No one. I love Penelope and Hoge.

Comment by Minnie – February 26, 2014 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men….

Comment by Josh – September 30, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unless evil is carrying the martini tray, darling!!!! Yay Thrilling Adventure Hour!

Also, yay for Paget coming back. I’ll watch the 200th episode just to see her.

Comment by Lillian – October 1, 2013 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Paget! Now make me happy & tell me Gideon is com

Comment by Jessica – September 30, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Paget! Now someone bring Gideon back & we will be set.

Comment by Jessica – September 30, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You DO know that Mandy Patinkin has trashed the show since he left it, right?

Comment by Kathy – September 30, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe investigating Gideon’s brutal and humiliating death can be part of the ep. Some sort of death by extreme rectal trauma.

Comment by Patrick – September 30, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know Mandy Patinkin hates this show, but I’m still hoping he somehow magically guest stars.

So excited for Paget. I hope its not a flash back episode.

Comment by Shaun Ed – September 30, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Your right on.

Comment by Minnie Beltran – February 26, 2014 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too.

Comment by Minnie – February 26, 2014 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s true, he hated the gratuitous violence on the show. And that’s why I sometimes turn it off as well. His character was never successfully replaced.

Comment by Ellen S – November 2, 2013 04:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I dunno, Rossi seemed to step into his place quite nicely, I think.

Comment by Angela – November 2, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Amen !!!

Comment by Minnie Beltran – February 26, 2014 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No way Jose.

Comment by Minnie – February 26, 2014 08:26 PM PDT
          • Uh uh.

Comment by Minnie – February 26, 2014 08:28 PM PDT
        • Amen on that. I liked Manny.

Comment by Minnie Beltran – February 26, 2014 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Wrong response. Sorry.

Comment by Minnie – February 26, 2014 08:28 PM PDT
      • I liked Manny Patinkin. Joe Mantenga is too blah and boring. He’s not the real
        thing. Did he leave on his own or did he get the boot. Show is not the same without him and padget Brewster

T

Comment by Minnie Beltran – February 26, 2014 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, No, No Gideon. Rossi is the right man for the job!

Comment by Linda Pasini – January 1, 2014 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No way Jos’e.

Comment by Minnie – February 26, 2014 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s crazy how much I’m looking forward to that 200 episode, haha, it’s gonna be so amazing. Gosh I’m so happy we’ll see Paget/Emily at least one more time. I’m so glad she’s showing up in Criminal Minds huge milestone and a JJ episode. It’s so perfect.

Comment by JJ fan ♥ (@AdorkableAU) – September 30, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing news!! Can we skip to episode 200th already?!?
    I can’t wait to see Emily Wonderful Prentiss again and hopefully we won’t have only flashbacks.

Comment by Sílvia Granger – September 30, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!!

Comment by Sheila – September 30, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news. Can’t wait to see her again.

Comment by greysfan – September 30, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One episode is just not enough! I want her back for the rest of the season. I’m thrilled about episode 200 but why do I feel cheated because we won’t have Paget in the 23 other episodes.

Comment by colleen – September 30, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The character Emily PRENTISS fits like a glove when I saw her in the 200th episode I was beyond elated they need to bring her back again. Just like when JJ left it wasn’t the same. I love the chemistry between everyone in season 6-8 I hate tht she wasn’t back w/the show I’ve been watching nothing but reruns ever since. So plZ bring her back she belongs w/this group why mess up the chemistry tht was so right an fluent all this time?

Comment by Boss lady hazel eyes – February 28, 2014 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I loved her on the show, it hasn’t been the same without her. Wish she’d return fulltime.

Comment by Ella – September 30, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With the others who agree it’d be cool if she came back for more than one episode, but hell, having her show up at all is great news. I’m glad she’s coming back, and for such a big episode at that! Can’t wait to see how that one turns out :D.

Comment by Angela – September 30, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its about time they are bringing Paget Brewster back….I hated when she left the show….she just seem to fit in with the other characters so well…..Criminal Minds is a great show and with her back…..it’s perfect now!!!!

Comment by Debbie – October 1, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why did Mandy hate the show? I discovered this show after Mandy but I have been trying to catch up on all the shows since I became a big fan so I have seen it with him also. I am glad that Paget will be back for at least one show, I love this show so much and I hate it when we lose anyone, I don’t want to lose Hotch to the big desk but I don’t want someone coming in and screwing the whole dynamics up either so….what to do?

Comment by Lana – October 1, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would absolutely love to see Paget again – even if it’s only for one episode. She is very talented so I’m grateful for whatever I can get of her. Erica and her staff are some of the best writers in the business, so I’m really anxious to see what’s in store for the CM fans. I was never one of the “shippers” who thought that Hotch and Emily were “destined” for each other; but they do have a “connection”. I would be very grateful if Emily’s presence would remind Hotch’s of the incredible women he’s had in his life (personally and professionally) and expose Beth-the-Bore for the what she really is – a stale slice of white bread and a frustrated baby mama. If Hotch is destined for love again, I know there’s someone out there who would leave Ms. Clemmons in the dust. There’s been a lot of hype about Season 9. Let’s hope the writers really deliver. The fans deserve it.

Comment by Dixie – October 2, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Best in the business its just a pity they have no clue on how to manage there stars just look at the mess season 6-8 was because of fan revolt and bad decisions. Now AJ Cook stated “We’re going to see a lot of familiar faces,” does this mean Rachol Nichols maybe as well. As although many hated her for replacing these actresses for a short time she wasn’t really given a fair chance like Jeanne Tripplehorn. And it would be nice to have that story tied up instead of a five worded sentence at the start of the next season. Plus sort out the loose ends Reids headaches etc. The Soap opera personal stuff like who is sleeping with who can be done later. But I am glad she is back for a swan song.

Comment by Mark – October 3, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree it may be Rachel. Her story line with a serial killer dad was never finished but more importantly; JJ and Emily had a scene when Emily came back in season 7 were JJ stated Ashley left to go to Andy Swan’s unit. There had to be a reason and JJ was just coming back from the State Department around that time.

Comment by J – October 4, 2013 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree totally. It just goes to show you that a person can excel at writing but fall short when it comes to decision making and casting. Hotch was the head of a great team. There was no need for any tampering. I realize it was Paget’s decision to leave CM; but maybe she realizes what a great gig she had. Let’s open the door and give her another chance. Also, let’s stick with the profiling and criminal dissection. It’s what Team Hotch does best. This “love interest” crappola is a waste of good screen time.

Comment by Dixie – October 7, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I really like prentiss the show is not the same without her and the same goes for jj to they are the best,criminal minds isn’t criminal minds without the whole team.(Hochner,Garcia,Morgan,jj,Rossi,reid and prentiss)

Comment by Lil sis – October 16, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Alyssa Zajac.

Comment by azajac220 – October 3, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss her on CM so much! The show is not the same since she left. I still like it, but imo it lacks cohesion or something, can’t put my finger on what it is exactly but the dynamics are not as good as before.

Comment by Olivia – October 3, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Favorite show ever #1 fan.but is not the same with Emily not here. I want her back!!!!!

Comment by Teresa – January 22, 2014 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSS i have missed her on Criminal Minds so much! It wasn’t the same without her to the point where I didn’t even enjoy the 8th season, I just forced myself to watch it. But with this news I’m definitely watching Criminal Minds again!! I wish she could come back for a permanent role

Comment by isabelrejto – October 6, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adoro Cm e todos os personagens, mas sem a Emily Prentiss, não consigo mais assistir. Volta Paget, sentimos muito sua falta….

Comment by Gorete Marcolino – October 7, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHEN SHES GONE iM GONE. SHE IS A PERFECT FIT AND THE SHOW WOULD BE MUCH LESS WITHOUT HER

Comment by kAREN DEANE – October 7, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Criminal Minds fan – October 13, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Paget and I’m so happy to have her back for the 200th episode! She’s awesome. And to everybody who want Prentiss together with Hotch, drop it. It’s not going to happen, he’s happy with Beth. And Emily belongs with Morgan, they have way, way more potential to a romantic relationship. Just remember how they ended the season 7 finale, when Paget left, in his arms. So no Hotch & Emily never had anything. I’m not saying that Morgan/Prentiss will get together, but they make way more sense together. However I’m glad that Paget will be back!

Comment by Criminal Minds fan – October 13, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Paget really completes the team, doesn’t she? Thomas Gibson was recently on “The Talk” and mentioned how happy the entire cast was to have Paget returning for the 200th episode. I realize it’s too much to hope for that she become a regular again; so I’ll just be grateful if we can see her on one or two episodes. As for Hotch and Beth – I’m waiting for Hotch to “wake up” and realize what a “snooze” he has in Ms. Clemmons. Actually, I think their entire introduction was poorly written, and definitely not their fault. It made Hotch look weak and submissive; and it made Ms. Clemmons look desperate and very much like a stalker. Anyway, if the writers insist on forcing the “love interest” bit on us – please introduce someone who doesn’t test my gag reflex.

Comment by Dixie – October 14, 2013 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see them bring back Gideon.

Comment by Ellen in NYC – October 15, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait and hope Paget is not only seen in a flashback. I love the chemistry with Paget and Shemar and miss M/P’s partnership. Can’t wait for the 200th! I wasn’t a fan of last season but last nights EP with David Anders was like CM of old. Especially since Garcia contacted their “brilliant ex-coworker” Emily.

Comment by Jules – October 17, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they need to bring her back in a more permanent role. the tension between her and Hotch was the best part of the show – now that he’s not her boss they can play with that tension way more and add to the show!!!

Comment by Sara – October 20, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely bouncingg, love brewster:), let’s get her back FOR GOOD!!

Comment by Criminal minds fan shayla! – October 21, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The thought of Paget returning is very exciting. I continue to watch the show, but the excitment is gone since she left. Hope they will consider rewriting her back into the show.

Comment by Maxine A. Bowser – October 24, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, let us get her back for good. Paget’s storylines kept me intrigued., unlike season nine, where I have not enjoyed one episode so far

Comment by Mary – October 31, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great. I wish it was for more than one episode, though. I stopped watching when she left, since it just wasn’t the same without her (plus, I absolutely hated the new member of the team). It’d be great if she would come back for good (and that horrible new agent left). Lately, network programming has been so bad that I find I no longer miss it (I can’t afford both internet and tv, so I pay for internet and watch network tv on my computer-but with my favorite shows cancelled or ruined by departures of favorite characters and/or horrible writing I haven’t been watching ANY network shows, even on the computer)! Now if only TPTB over at NCIS realize their mistake and get Cote back and I’d be in heaven!

Comment by Irishelf – November 1, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re reading my mind Irishelf! The show deflated when Paget left. Team Hotch was made up of seven incredible people. These seven actors played beautifully off of each other. Jeanne Tripplehorn (Agent Blake) and Bellamy Young (Beth-the-Bore) were two sour notes that really threw a wrench in the works. Maybe the return of Paget (permanently, I hope) will bring some good karma back to the show send Blake and Beth packing. And you’re so right – bring back Cote de Pablo on NCIS. Just like CM, NCIS is another one of my favorite shows where TPTB have made some horrendous judgment calls concerning the cast.

Comment by Dixie – November 1, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes Dixie, the show certainly deflated when Paget left. I also do not how Jeanne Tripplehorn replaced Paget. She may be a very nice person, but she is so blasé.
        I do not know how the producers cannot see how she just doesn’t fit this role. There are no dynamics between her and other cast members. I have enjoyed Criminal Minds for many a year, but last season and this new season just can’t cut it. Bring back Paget;
        it will boost the show and its ratings. Let’s hope it improves, or I fear I will just watch the reruns.

Comment by Mary – November 1, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m with you Mary. I don’t know if the show needs Paget, or new writers, but something just isn’t working. AND, if I start hearing wedding bells for Hotch and Beth-the-Bore, I’m gone. I’ll just continue with the reruns of the first seven seasons. It will still be worth watching.

Comment by Dixie – November 4, 2013 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree with you Dixie. Something is not working. I think the writers were not looking to the future of Criminal Minds when they had Haley killed off. The storyline was so emotional, Haley was so convincing about her love for Hotch and Jack. However, Beth being Hotch’s new love interest can’t hold a candle to the chemistry between Hotch and Haley. When something is not broken, why try to fix it.
            I do however miss Paget. She had a certain way with each member of the team. Her interaction with all of them brought the human touch to this show. She had the ability to compartmentalize. Although each show delved into gory and disturbing plots, Paget always could just turn around and be tender. Love her character.

Comment by Mary – November 4, 2013 07:07 AM PDT
        • WOW, I thought I was the only one who thought that Thomas Gibson and Bellamy Young had zero on-screen chemistry. Ms. Young is fabulous on Scandal, but a complete washout on CM. She makes Hotch look foolish (IMO). Hotch and Haley were incredible together. They portrayed such passion for each other. Everyone knows they never stopped loving each other. Hotch’s job just got in the way. Hotch deserves someone who’s his intellectual and emotional equal. If you’re listening Ms. Clemmons, that’s not you!

Comment by Dixie – November 4, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE BRING PAGET BACK PERMANENTLY!! She adds so much to the show and her connection with the other FABULOUS actors is irreplaceable. I’m sorry to say, the “new girl” Jeanne, is just melba toast. She adds NOTHING. Her on screen interaction with the other cast members is so “removed”. She does not fit and it’s uncomfortable to watch.

Comment by Tracy – November 2, 2013 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really surprised the hate for Jeanne Tripplehorn. I like her (maybe because I’ve liked her on other shows.) But I’m surprised so many people saw she doesn’t interact with the other cast members when she clearly has a special relationship with Spencer.

Comment by Ellen S – November 2, 2013 04:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said. I have no issue with her, either. Sure, I’ve got characters that are particular favorites, but I like/have liked everyone who’s been on the team throughout the years on this show *Shrugs*.

Comment by Angela – November 2, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, Ellen, I like Jeanne Tripplehorn (remember her in Basic Instinct?); and her relationship with Spencer is the only thing that’s made her tolerable. I must admit that I don’t think it’s all her fault. The writers haven’t been very generous with her. Except for when she was kidnapped by The Replicator, she hasn’t had much of an opportunity to shine. I’d be willing to give her a chance, but if it’s a choice between her and Paget, it’s no contest.

Comment by Dixie – November 4, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg! I really want paget to come back! I’m so excited! I hope she’ll be back permanently! I don’t like blake and i hate beth! I really like hotch and prentiss! They should bring back the real BAU! YEY! Please! Let’s all watch paget’s return!

Comment by Emily prentiss fan – November 3, 2013 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blake -out, Prentiss back in!

The show without Paget is less than the full quality package.

Bring her back for good!

Comment by Leon – November 15, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait I want Prentiss back so badly…..also a little Morgan/Prentiss action would be nice!!! I want Paget Brewtser Back for good she absolutely made the show better.

Comment by Stanakatic – November 28, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Prentiss is back in the show for good. It’s just not the same without her.

Comment by hurricane – December 3, 2013 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am realy happy that emily is back hope she will be back as a regular character and i think emily/hotch is more nice than morgan/emily i hope they get well killed or something ang let jj and spencer be togather i think they make agreat couple so is morgane and garccia i hope the 200th episode be agreat one with agreat stories cause we (fans of cm) deserve to have some of our expectations

Comment by hbosh – December 4, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A.J says a we’ll see a lot of familiar faces? Maybe they might even bring back Gideon and Elle Greenway?

Comment by Kriss – December 4, 2013 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess I am just part of the echo chamber, lol, but I dearly miss Paget Brewster’s Emily Prentiss. I never really liked the Elle character, but liked Prentiss from the beginning. Ensemble shows are tricky; just one character who doesn’t seem to quite ‘fit’ right throws off the energy of the whole team. Jeanne Tripplehorn’s character just seems… cold, standoffish. Maybe her character has simply been written to be that way, but it just doesn’t really gel for me. And a linguist? The adorable geek-genius Dr. Spencer Reed handled such duties, understood the nuances and importance of how and why certain words, phrasing by the VotW as well as any linguist. I still watch the show, but with less enthusiasm than I used to. I enjoy the show’s reruns (with Brewster) more than the new episodes…

But maybe I am a bit sour grape-y. Two of my favorite kick-butt female characters, Prentiss and NCIS’s Ziva David (played by the brilliant Cote de Pablo) left their respective shows about the same time. So if Santa wants to know what I want for Christmas, how about bringing Emily and Ziva back to where they belong? :)

Comment by Eve Dallas – December 16, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Y’all want Emily with Hotch? I want Emily with freaking JJ!

Comment by Ryl – December 17, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, please bring paget back! It’s not the same without her! I kinda like blake, but she’s too much like reed! And reed is one of a kind and deserves his own unique role! He us AMAZING AND GEORGEOUS! I LOVE Emily, Derek, REED, ROSSI, JJ,Garcia, AND Aaron!!!
    Best ever!

Comment by Brandi Hurley – January 8, 2014 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • J.J. is awesome.

Comment by Minnie – February 26, 2014 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love criminal minds my favorite team is when they have Prentiss, JJ, Garcia , Hotch, Reed, Rossi, and Morgan of course. The show deffinently makes it with all of them and the good old Gideon. What ever happened to him?

Comment by Brittany – January 19, 2014 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope he’s fared well. He is a great actor.

Comment by Minnie – February 26, 2014 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was an avid fan and watcher of criminal minds. The cast was finally PERFECT!
    Now I still watch , but not every episode. Why, because Paget is gone. Not to be rude but the Blake character is horrible, not at all a good replacement! I hope the network checks the comments. Now it’s like the last Borne movie, which was a big disappointment without Matt Damon!!!

Comment by Mossy – January 20, 2014 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do not know what has happened to CM’S period. I use to love each and every character and the interaction with each other. Although the story lines were gory, the humanism between characters kept me watching. After Paget left, the story lines no longer had that human touch. Also, let Spencer’s genius continue. Maybe after last season with that short haircut it caused him not to be so effective. Grow back his hair, and let him be what he should be.

Comment by Mary – January 21, 2014 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Leave the hair alone. He looks more proffesional with short hair.

Comment by Minnie – February 26, 2014 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep!!!

Comment by Minnie – February 26, 2014 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You got that right.

Comment by Minnie – February 26, 2014 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope they bring back Emily for good! Or even just leave her role empty… Replacing her with the Blake character was awful. She is boring and it’s too late in the series for me to care about her.

Comment by SamSmile – January 29, 2014 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ur soo right.

Comment by Minnie – February 26, 2014 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know she left to pursue other acting opportunities, specifically comedy. However Paget’s contribution on CM and the obvious comradery amongst the cast with her in it, I believe contributes to the viewership and success to the show.

Comment by Kathy – January 29, 2014 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post