Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on New Girl, Castle, Once, The Blacklist, NCIS, SVU, Sex and More!

Castle Spoilers Beckett in NYCWhen will Beckett visit Castle in NYC? With what “trick” will New Girl treat viewers? Which Once Upon a Time character has Daddy issues? Will Benson’s SVU romance survive her assault? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on 45 Returning Faves

I’ll take any scoop you have on Castle, particularly how much longer Beckett will be a Fed. She belongs in the NYPD close to Castle! –Kristen
As you may have gleaned if you came across the photos from Episode 3, “Need to Know,” Beckett soon enough has cause to revisit the 12th, when a high-profile case that Ryan and Espoito are working catches the Feds’ attention. In fact, the instant that Castle talks his way into helping out the boys, “Beckett and McCord come in and take over the case,” show boss Andrew W. Marlowe previews. “So now it’s the boys against the girls. And Castle’s caught in the middle.” Bonus scoop: Having been on set for this episode, I can tell you that at one point they needed to do a close-up of Caskett’s hands as one slipped something small and shiny to the other.

Any scoop on Castle‘s Lanie/Esposito? Esplanie shippers are hoping to see more of them soon! –Marine
When I spoke to Marlowe, nothing was firmly on the books yet, though he did tease “some Esposito/Lanie stuff coming up towards the end of the fall that we’re going to be exploring.” Between that, Ryan’s imminent fatherhood and, well, Alexis/Pi, “We’re taking a look at our secondary characters and having fun with them.”

Andrew Marlowe said there were a few milestones between Castle and Beckett that he didn’t get a chance to show in Season 5. Any hints toward those? –Christina
I ran your question by Stana Katic, and this is what she was thinking: “I wonder where they’re going to live this season…” After all, she noted, with Pi now slinging papaya all over the place, more than ever “Castle’s loft is Union Station!”

RELATED | Castle Creator Previews ‘Fun’ New Obstacles — Plus: Is There a Wedding Scheduled?

Any info about the Halloween episode of New Girl that’s coming up? –Kass
I “scared” up something for you, yes. When Jess throws a Halloween soiree at the loft, the gang finds themselves “catfishing” a sullen Schmidt with his childhood idol — Michael Keaton.

I’ve heard a rumour that we will meet Rumple’s father in Once Upon a Time Season 3. Is this real? –OUAT Spain
This much is real: Episode 4, titled “Nasty Habits,” will serve up Rumple’s first backstory of the season. “We’ve hinted in the past that his father was a coward and that his father’s name was something that haunted him and that his father left him,” cocreator Eddy Kitis reminds. “He definitely seems to have [Daddy issues].”

I really loved the first episode of The Blacklist. Will Elizabeth Keene at one point find out the truth about who her husband really is? –Daniel
Outside of the boxful of passports and money she found hidden in their home, “Elizabeth doesn’t have anything to go on right now,” Ryan Eggold, who plays Tom, points out, “so the next few episodes is her trying to deduce if she can trust this man that she’s married to. But in terms of it taking a big leap towards something really happening, it’s like Episode 5, I think, when things really shift, in a big way.”

I was devastated by the news of Lee Thompson Young’s passing – anything on how Rizzoli & Isles plans to address it when the show comes back? –Louisa
Nothing to report yet. (Because: No showrunner, no one to make a plan.)

RELATED | Person of Interest Preview: What (and Who) Is New for Season 3?

I heard somewhere that Kevin Chapman is leaving Person of Interest this season. Please say is isn’t true. Fusco is so central to the show and such a beloved and broken character. –Casey
Now that you mention it, EP Greg Plageman did only discuss Carter when I asked for any scoop on “Carter and Fusco.” Hmm. Here’s what’s for certain: As Fusco helps out with Carter’s investigation into HR, it will involve him in a potentially dangerous situation. [Gulp]

Will Scandal ever bring up the fact that Cyrus hired Charlie to kill Amanda Tanner way back in Season 1? –Dee
With that show, who knows. But if that reprehensible deed ever does come to light, don’t count on James to bail on his hubby. “There’s a lot about what my husband is capable of that I don’t know,” Dan Bucatinsky notes, “but I feel like on some level James knew exactly what he was getting in to — maybe not to that extent, but I think there’s a lot more to James than meets the eye in terms of raw ambition, not just to be a parent, but to succeed in Washington.”

I know we won’t know for a bit about how Coulson survived Loki, but can the writers of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at least promise us that they do have an answer in mind, and they won’t make it up at the 11th hour? –Joel T
It is on the record that Joss Whedon, in asking Clark Gregg to do S.H.I.E.L.D., sketched out for the actor some of the Level 7 details about Coulson’s après-Avengers existence. So at least some of the story is living in Whedon’s noggin. But, he has said, “It will be something of a drawn-out explanation… drawn out over several episodes.”

Have you got any scoops on NCIS’ McGee or if we’ll get to see Delilah again? I really loved seeing her with McGee and how she held her own against Abby. –Marla
Thus far, Margo Harshman has shot one additional episode, with the potential for more drop-ins here and there.

Who was the female artist singing at the end of the NCIS season premiere? Sounded like Enya. –Pat
Good ear — that was Enya’s “If I Could Be Where You Are.”

The SVU premiere was rough, had me in tears. Any idea what’s the longterm forecast for Benson and Cassidy? –Melissa
The forecast looks a bit bumpy, if only because Benson will put up a tough front as her beau tries to glean what she needs coming out of that ordeal. “Benson is so stoic that she’s hard to crack, and that’s what were going through right now, her letting me in — and so far she’s not,” Dean Winters shares. “We’re working on the fifth episode now, and we’re slowly trickling into that story.” But for however long it takes, Winters is anxious to be on hand. Having rejoined the NBC drama last spring, he says, “I hope they have me for the rest of the series!”

Are we finally getting the good stuff on The Mentalist this season? And by “good stuff,” I totally mean the Jane/Lisbon relationship. –Katherine
I answered a similar Q last week, but have since come upon this bit of Simon Baker gold that’s too good not to share. As he puts it, “Like any relationship that’s put into a pressure situation, the relationship tends to suffer a little duress… and there’s always the question of what’s there when they climb off the trapeze, off the high wire, when they’re on solid terra firma and there is no dust to settle or anything, no obstacle or hurdle…. Do they look at each other and go ‘Jesus, you’re annoying’ or do they look at each other and go, ‘Let’s lay down and make love’?” (Ed. Note: For the record, some are known to do it standing up.)

I just watched the first episode of Masters of Sex (premiering Sunday), thanks to Showtime, and was wondering how are they going to play the Masters and Johnson relationship? Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan have amazing chemistry together! –Ti
If you’ve seen the premiere, you know very well the huge cliffhanger it leaves us with. And let’s just say that before an answer can be spoken, something quite dramatic happens to interrupt the moment. P.S. I totally agree about the lead actors; Caplan in particular is wowing me in every episode.

I had the privilege of seeing Charles Esten perform at the Grand Ole Opry last Saturday night. He played two songs which he co-wrote, one of which, “Scars,” he said “[we] wrote for our good and troubled friend Deacon,” and the song was absolutely amazing. I really hope he meant that it will be used in the show. Any knowledge of early Season 2 music to indicate that this might be the case? –Matt
While “Scars” hasn’t been used in any Season 2 episode filmed thus far, I’m told the producers have the song and like it, so… time will tell.

Is Xosha Roquemore a series regular on The Mindy Project? Because if she’s not, she needs to be promoted immediately. She is my favorite addition to a show since Amy and Bernadette on Big Bang Theory. –Rebecca
Your voice has been heard! Or at least you can pretend it was. (Xosha was promoted at the beginning of Season 2.)

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email InsideLine@tvline.com!

Comments (91)

• I’m excited by all of The Mentalist spoilers!

Comment by Lindsey – September 26, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same and I can’t believe after all this time we’re getting somewhere on the Jane/Lisbon front!
      After reading SB’s line “let’s lay down and make love” I must have repeated “what. wHAT, WHAT!” like a dozen times in quick succession. SO stoked :D

Comment by Tav – September 26, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they’ve made it obvious that Lisbon is in love with Jane. They’ve also made it clear that Jane, at the very least, finds Lisbon attractive. But I also think, what with the whole hunt for Red John, Jane has never really grieved for his wife and child. So I don’t know if he’ll be ready, once RJ is caught, to jump into a relationship with Lisbon….but I sure hope so!

Comment by zaza – September 26, 2013 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The premiere of Blacklist got me hooked and I cannot wait to see how the rest of the season plays out but I’m curious to see how Elizabeth Keen is going to find out what her “husband” Tom is hiding from and details about his past.

Comment by Flacco Kaepernick – September 26, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! But I like him and I hope he doesn’t die either.

Comment by cas – September 27, 2013 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you, Matt, for answering my NCIS question. Really looking forward to seeing McGee and Delilah on screen again! And thank you for being so good to the NCIS fans with your scoops/spoilers/exclusives! :-)

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – September 26, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope this relationship lasts. McGee deserves his happily ever after

Comment by TVPeong – September 26, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope Olivia comes to her senses and lets Cassidy in. He’s been such a good boyfriend to her and I would hate to see them break up. For once, someone in her life is willing to fight for her and I just wish she could see that. I love them together so much. I’m holding my breath for an ‘I love you’ in the future.

Comment by Ashley – September 26, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gotta disagree with @Ashley: we haven’t really seen why Benson and Cassidy are together. In the one interaction we’ve seen, Benson would rather spend a day at a museum, Cassidy wants to stay at home and watch football…I think that typifies their relationship. I’m not sure why they’re together.

Plus, as she’s being held hostage, it’s clear that Olivia longs for someone else. [Insert shipper fantasy here]

If they want us to take the relationship seriously–so much so that we can imagine them in a long-term relationship–they’re going to have step up in showing us their interaction.

Comment by pecola – September 26, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They’re together because they’re happy with one another. They can’t show too much of their personal life without getting crap about it, so they keep it to minimum. If Olivia didn’t want to be with him, she would’ve broken it off long ago. She initiated the relationship this time, she’s happy with him. Why can’t people just let Stabler go already? It’s been two and a half freaking years. If I thought I was going to die, I’d be thinking about everyone who was ever a big part of my life too. She wanted him there because she knew he would kill Lewis without hesitation. I hope Benson and Cassidy can get through this so everyone will just shut up about what an ass he is. He loves her, that’s more than enough. I’d suggest you get used to them, because by the looks of things, Cassidy is sticking around.

Comment by Ashley – September 26, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wow, someone’s a bit defensive…calm down…that is, after you untie yourself from the knots required to justify that POV.

For the record, I’m not interested in a Stabler-Benson pairing in the least bit. I didn’t mention him at all in my post.

I’m indifferent to the relationship with Cassidy because they haven’t shown them to be anything serious. We haven’t seen them in romantic situations like Olivia with David, for example. We’ve seen Cassidy choose work over Olivia a couple of times now and he was passive, at best, in response to her kidnapping.

I’m not asking them to get rid of Cassidy–if he sticks around, cool–but if they want us to buy the story, the writers need to step up their writing…especially since Mariska seems to have such great chemistry with Raul Esparza.

Comment by pecola – September 26, 2013 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Chemistry with Raul? Sure, they’re both cute. But romantic chemistry? Lol no. I’d bet money he’s gay.

Comment by Ashley – September 27, 2013 06:41 AM PDT
      • I know which “someone else” you’re talking about and I totally agree (with everything but especially the shipper fantasy)

Comment by Zoe – October 3, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for all the Castle scoop!

Comment by Andrea – September 26, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what to u think about:” I can tell you that at one point they needed to do a close-up of Caskett’s hands as one slipped something small and shiny to the other.” It´s the ring…. they will not married…. I´m crying…. :’(

Comment by Beatrice Scolfield – September 28, 2013 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • All I’ll say is it was almost funny to watch being filmed, over and over to get it right. I said to the director, “And this is why male actors get manicures.”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 28, 2013 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ne pleurez pas Béatrice ; c’est Beckett qui a mis dans la mains de Castel une clé USB (saison 6 épisode )

Comment by GERMAIN – October 8, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how can a show NOT have a “show runner”?……that’s a first…..and for as many seasons as R&I has had so far…..they SHOULD have 1……jmo.

Comment by Alisa Neely – September 26, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Janet Tamaro has chosen to leave the show to try new things. So the show doesn’t currently have a showrunner. It isn’t the first time a showrunner has left the show or been fired from a show.

Comment by useyourwords – September 26, 2013 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Usually there’s somebody waiting to immediately step in, though – the outgoing person will only leave once a replacement is found.

Comment by wordsmith – September 26, 2013 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • okey, thanks…..i hadn’t realized, the person had decided to leave…..i would think, they would try and FIND someone, before the new season….if there IS 1….that is.

Comment by Alisa Neely – September 26, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They just finished filming this season and she announced she was leaving shortly after they wrapped. I’m sure they will be looking for another showrunner before they start the next season.

Comment by useyourwords – September 26, 2013 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First off, I can’t stand Pi on “Castle.” Second, I don’t even care about Delilah on NCIS, I just feel bad for Tony. :( And third, what do you mean there’s no showrunner for “Rizzoli and Isles?”

Comment by Pickle8182 – September 26, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, maybe they could incorporate Pi as one of the most resent murder victims whose killer Castle helps the “boys” solve! In short I find his character almost unwatchable!

Comment by Vincent M. Colletti – September 26, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Slow your roll. The guy’s had like two short scenes so far. Remember what Martha was like when they first introduced her? And how would you feel if they killed her off now?

Comment by wordsmith – September 26, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Dude, I loved Martha right out of the gate, going after the “silver fox” at the book release party in ep. 1, and my adoration has done nothing but grow. Fruit Pi? Nah. Pass. (Also, it seems like a very … odd choice for Alexis to make.)

Comment by Annie – September 27, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Plus Marlowe pretty much said that Pi is More about Alexis acting out, in her reaction to the Caskett engagement, and not likely a long term relationship that would keep him around long.

Comment by DarkDefender – September 26, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • One episode was long enough for Pi. And the whole Fed thing in D.C.101 is totally out of character for “Castle”. Is this what was meant when they said Castle and Beckett wouldn’t be seeing much of each in season 6? Maybe you should have a spin off called “Precinct 12″ where the original cast can do their thing and have another called ” The Feds of D.C.” and Beckett can be this super agent and Castle can fade off into the sunset never to be heard from again. After one episode of season 6 many Caskett fans are already wondering where this is going and they aren’t thrilled about it. They say, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

Comment by Carl Nesbitt – September 26, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess they’ll live at Beckett’s place, which is cool because I really love her apartment!! I don’t imagine it would be their permanent resident though..

Comment by E – September 26, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *residence*

Comment by E – September 26, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wouldn’t she have given up her apt when she moved to D.C.? She probably doesn’t have a place anymore, which means that all 5 of them will most likely live at casa de Castle…and Beckett thought it was crowded when Meredith visited!

Comment by c-mo – September 26, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pi needs to be removed from Castle ASAP. I will sent him a fruit basket.

Comment by jj – September 26, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Fruit Pi makes me twitchy.

Comment by Annie – September 27, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Masters and Johnson ended up getting married in real life, so Masters of Sex will probably address that at some point. They didn’t marry until the early ’70s and the show is currently taking place in the late ’50s so it may take a while.

Comment by madhatter360 – September 26, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping that we’ll find out Beckett sold her place to move to DC, and when she (inevitably) returns to NY, she will just conveniently move in with her fiancé (who went all Captain Mal on Pi and booted him back to his homeland…)

Comment by Maria – September 26, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Beckett comes from money (she can afford to keep the apt) and no way she gives up a NY apartment that quickly. I expect a little back and forth and maybe a new place altogether or a Castle loft remodel (it is a bigger apt).. Then she can sell the place. :)

Comment by DarkDefender – September 26, 2013 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What money does she come from? Her father was a cop .

Comment by tp – September 26, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, both of her parents were lawyers..

Comment by E – September 26, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Both of her parents were/are lawyers. And they’ve hinted that she has money. However, I’d wager she didn’t keep her apartment. NYC and DC are both cities that have insane rent prices.

Comment by KarenL (@Aleveria) – September 26, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see Beckett stay in DC a little longer and since it’s inevitable that she returns to New York, I’m kinda hoping she sticks with the FBI thing rather than return to the same job she’s been doing for 5 seasons. She’s a great NYPD detective but they surely can make her do more. She can maybe be part of the New York FBI department. I just remembered White Collar’s FBI is in New York. Can you imagine Beckett working with Neal Caffrey? That would be AWESOME!!

Comment by abz – September 26, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In a recent video interview she gave she’s wearing a “police” bulletproof vest in her interview and in her scenes with Castle, Espo, Ryan. I’m guessing they’re filming around episode 5 or 6.

Comment by Badpenny – September 26, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, I think this is the episode 6×03 “NEED to know” when the catle is caught in the middle of the Boys (Ryan and ESPO) & Girls’ (Beckett and McCord) and have to decide one hand …. I’m praying that something will go from one hand to another that is small and shiny is not the ring …. I’m praying. Don’t u?

Comment by Beatrice Scolfield – September 28, 2013 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Xosha Roquemore! My sister and I love her on Mindy Project!

Comment by Babybop – September 26, 2013 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! Matt. That “Mentalist” scoop! I don’t even know… Please be option B. Please be option B…

Comment by Bronwyn – September 26, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN ALL MY CHILDREN IS RETURNING ON HULU ????

Comment by Janet Sheridan – September 26, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Castle is a soap opera (excuse me daytime drama) now?

Comment by Tania – September 26, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How would you assume that? There’s a police/FBI case each episode, and the relationships are fairly real. They’re not struck with amnesia (well, not the main characters), stranded on a deserted island, nor are they visited by aliens…

Comment by KarenL (@Aleveria) – September 26, 2013 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, it´s not!

Comment by Mary – September 27, 2013 01:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Olivia and Cassidy as a couple on SVU. I really hope they can make it through this.

Comment by Lilly – September 26, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a fan of the new girl on the Mindy Project, doesn’t fit.

Comment by jon – September 26, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want Fusco to die on Person of Interest! He’s a wonderful character, I’d hate to loose him. His quest for redemption, to be a better man and make better choices has been surprisingly resonant. (but I dooooooo so much love all the female character additions; and more Carter!)

Comment by liz – September 26, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope they keep Fusco around. He’s one of the core characters on the show.

Comment by TVPeong – September 26, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope Fusco stays. His interactions with Reese are so funny and I love his story. That’s why I don’t really care to have Root and Shaw in every episode. I would rather have all four of the original characters. Having a few additional characters that appear occasionally is fine. And of course I love Bear!

Comment by brenna – September 27, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Count me in. I love Fusco too! Please keep him!!!

Comment by JM – September 30, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, now that I’ve read everything: you had so much good scoopage this time, Matt. Thanks!

On CASTLE: I’m really looking forward to the boys against the girls. Also, I’m enjoying Beckett with McCord, it’s a nice change-up and they mesh well together.

I like NEW GIRL, particularly Schmidt and a loft Halloween party sounds promising for a good laugh.

Even though it’s new, I like BLACKLIST and have so many questions already about what’s going on, why Reddington knows so much about Liz, and what the connection is. I also am curious about her hubby. So we’re guessing he’s CIA maybe? Or a foreign agent?

I really hop Fusco isn’t going. Every single character on that show is gold along with the stellar performances put out by the actors behind them. I can’t imagine POI without the marvelously realistic and conflicted Fusco.

On SHEILD, I am curious as to how he survived and why the two made the comments, “He doesn’t know, does he?” “He can never know.” Cryptic and intriguing.

On THE MENTALIST, talk about gold. You weren’t kidding. And the standing up comment was pretty funny. They already annoy each other sometimes, that’s part of the fun. I so hope they finally get together. It’s pretty obvious they love each other. And after all they’ve been through together, anyone else would ring false.

Comment by Liz Bronwyn – September 26, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More Mentalist spoilers- thank you! Wow did Simon Baker just put “lay down and make love” in the same thought as Jane/Lisbon?! I’ll go for it! Down or standing up (LOL Matt).

Comment by J – September 26, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks (I think) for your sorta-answer about Kevin Chapman on POI. I was really hoping for a nice solid, “No, he’s not going anywhere.” The thing with Nolan & Co. is that we never really know when they’re yankin’ our chain to get us riled up. They recently seem to be pretty tone-deaf about the mood of the fandom. Loyal fans are already upset enough about all the changes to the show — now is not a good time to tease us. If Fusco goes, it will definitely be a sign of shark-jumping — and I think a lot of fans will jump, too.

Comment by Casey – September 26, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any guy saddled with the name “Rumplestiltskin” is automatically entitled to daddy issues.

Comment by Cass – September 26, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Heh. Truer words were never spoken. I’d hide the dagger too if it gave away that my name was Rumplestiltskin. ;-)

Comment by KarenL (@Aleveria) – September 26, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t imagine POI without Fusco. He is too great a character to let go. I am not thrilled with the Root storyline and prefer her in super small doses. I think they only needed to keep Amy Acker recurring. I was happy when her arc ended after the first go round, and then they bring her back. Sarah Shahi as Shaw could be helpful to Reese take down bad guys, but we don’t need her in every episode. I wish they would just stick with the Core Four. They each have unique characteristics and they could surely build on their strengths and develop their characters so much more. I don’t mind the side characters like Leon and Zoe coming in and out of the story, but full time Root and Shaw, is not my preference. I want Carter, Reese, Finch and Fusco with the most screen time.

Comment by JBC – September 26, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seconded! Root is rather annoying at times, and as much as I like Sarah Shahi, I’m not a huge Shaw fan. Definitely not at the expense of Fusco! Wouldn’t mind seeing Leon and Zoe appear a few more times though.

Comment by Katherine – September 26, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sarah is FAR better on this than she ever was on “Barely Legal” (which claimed she was THE star)! Not sure how I feel about Root yet, but I wouldn’t miss Fusco! I’m shocked this hoorid actor even got cast in school plays!

Comment by Tim Church (@TimTJChurch) – September 26, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The problem for me is when we get Fusco we inevitably get a heavy dose of HR and that’s an arc way past it’s sell-by date for me.

Comment by John – September 27, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! Everything you typed in your post, is exactly what I was thinking. I want the core team to develop deeper relationships, and exploring more about them. I don’t mind Root and Shaw, but small, recurring doses, not full-time. I really like Zoe, so more of her is alright with me. But what needs to stay central is the core four and their dynamic.

Comment by Mai – September 27, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely agree!

Comment by brenna – September 27, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i can feel myself falling down The Blacklist rabbit hole just the way i recently did with Orphan Black. its both scary and exciting!

Comment by cjeffery7 – September 26, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for another Mentalist spoiler, Matt!! Also, your comment is golden! HAHA

“Do they look at each other and go ‘Jesus, you’re annoying’ or do they look at each other and go, ‘Let’s lay down and make love’?” – Since we’re talking about Jane and Lisbon here, I can only see they doing both things! xD

Sometimes these guys remind me of some of the classic Shakespeare characters (Benedick and Beatrice, anyone?), they’re always bickering, but also loving each other.

Can’t wait to see what happens and how it(!) happens!

Comment by Charlie – September 26, 2013 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been obsessed with Xosha since I saw her in Precious. Love her!

Comment by Sarah – September 26, 2013 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the Mentalist update. Where and when did Simon say this? It is definitely gold!

Comment by slb – September 26, 2013 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw the Masters of Sex pilot online. I am WAY curious how they’re going to make this into a series, because the subject matter felt like more of a made for TV movie to me, kind of like Behind the Candelabra was, or maybe just a mini-series. But the pilot made me believe they can pull it off. It was good. I was expecting nothing but T&A, but it seemed like there was something more going on there than just that. Something of substance. I’ve already got Lizzy Caplan picked for a Golden Globe nomination. Maybe an Emmy nomination next year too since best actress in a drama tends to be a weak category and is easier to get into than best actor in a drama. Matt, can we look forward to you doing Homeland and Masters of Sex reviews on Sunday nights? I’ve missed your Homeland reviews. You always caught stuff in the episodes I had missed.
    I would absolutely love for Dean Winters to stick around on SVU. That premiere was something else. One of their best episodes, I thought.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – September 26, 2013 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t kill Fusco! We need avery Joe too, working class hero. Kevin Chapman is perfect Fusco, brilliant actor.

Comment by Don Ron – September 27, 2013 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Matt for, not just one but, three ‘Castle’ scoops!
    I personally feel that Andrew Marlowe & his co-writers should give more emphasis to Esplanie, Alexis & Ryan this season, especially Esplanie which I feel has been put to the backdoor over the past 2 seasons, cause they are all vital cogs in the Castle machine & we all love to see more of them!
    On a side note the Season 6 premiere was just first-class! I am just giddy with excitement waiting for ‘Dreamworld’ & the rest of S6!

Comment by Rich Abey – September 27, 2013 02:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Lanie a lot more when she’s interacting with Kate and giving Castle a hard time.

Comment by John – September 27, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty sure that I’m the only person on earth who basically doesn’t like any of the supporting characters on The Mindy Project. I like Danny and Mindy and Jeremy and that’s about it.

Comment by Samantha – September 27, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel that way about Beverly and Morgan. They “dumb” down the show.

Comment by Stephanie – September 29, 2013 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Kevin Chapman, but he has not had a big role on Person of Interest lately and I will be sad if Fusco dies but I am not surprised.

I like Blacklist and can not wait for Monday.

Comment by sarah – September 27, 2013 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for answering my question about Masters of Sex! I can’t wait for the next episodes to come out… it is one of the best new series I’ve watched yet. With Sleepy Hollow they are now part of my viewing calendar :)

Comment by Tinemi – September 27, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last season, When Cyrus freaked on Liv, he did say he has killed for them. I feel like that was referring to Amanda Tanner.
    Cyrus is that person who everyone assumes he has done terrible stuff but doesn’t want to know about it. Olivia would be devestated to learn this

Comment by Mandy – September 27, 2013 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cyrus? You’re talking about Cassidy, right? Or is this a different Liv we’re talking about?

Comment by Zoe – October 3, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like Olivia relationship with Cassidy. I don’t buy they are in love after 13 years of no contact. There is no chemistry between the two. I prefer her to be with some one unknown or with either David or Amaro.

Comment by Nina – September 27, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i have to agree….that many years apart…..however, are we sure 100% they’ve had NO contact at all?….she has taken trips and such.

Comment by Alisa Neely – September 27, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This! Or Elliot, that would be awesome (but that’s just me and I’ll shut up now sorry sorry)

Comment by Zoe – October 3, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are right Nina,How can we buy the Brian and Benson so call HAPPY relationship BS!The being in love with each other hog wash,when there is no chemistry no nothing to convince us otherwise;when every chance Mr Leight get and he realize that the viewers are only tuning into the show because he is dangling the Elliot Stabler bone to keep them watching. It sickens me to think that they have to go to this extreme to do this,knowing Stabler is never coming back.If Mr Leight and Company do not care to have Christopher Meloni/Elliot Stabler’s presence and character around anymore,I would really appreciate it if they stop shipping him for there own gain!One lady said they could have just as well killed off Elliot,and then she would not have cared who they hook Benson up with!Another one went on to say,”I am not surprised with who they pick Olivia to be with because lets face it,Benson’s character is designed to be degraded in the lowest form,making her life a living hell by emotional torture causing her to endure immense pain and sorrow and misery constantly!”Wow!That is deep,but quite true unfortunately.The good news though Nina,is that Mr Leight cannot be happy that at least ninty-five percent of the viewers are not buying the Brian and Benson relationship crap,and the MAJORITY of viewers are still shipping Benson and Stabler,so in the end no worries,people ship them because of what they see,feel and know is the truth,and the truth is that Elliot and Olivia ARE in love with each other and that knowledge,love and chemistry can never be erase no matter what images they try to put in our minds.Love is the key word here,and you CANNOT SPELL LOVE WITHOUT E/O! Theywill continue to stay in our hearts and minds and will live on FOREVER even when the show eventually cancel,and it will soon,the rate it is going at and the awful buzz kill of Cassidy is enough to shut you up and make you drive away to something else!Peace Out!

Comment by cinderella 126 – October 19, 2013 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope they do get Lisbon /Jane together on the mentalist you could really feel something between them from the start but neither one of them has ever acted on it .As for Castle now that their engaged you can really feel a new romantic dynamic between them that’s going to spice up their relationship on screen this year LOVE IT SO FAR ! I can’t wait though until they bring her back to New York permanently so all the original gang can be back together.

Comment by carol – September 27, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonder what that small shiny thing is on Castle .Hope she don’t give Castle the ring back.

Comment by Beate – September 28, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes i think its the ring they will have a fight and i have heard that there will be a episode with a breakup but i feel that it will be okee because they really belong together and the writers know that there are a lot of people that wants them to stay together because if its not gonna be okee i have to go watch another serie but its just the beginning of the new season so there will be happening a lot of real good stuff so i really think it will be a great season and i to hope for more seasons

Comment by patricia nijburg – September 29, 2013 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have I simply missed it or isn’t there any dirt to be had on the Philly Medical Examiner’s office and Dana Delany? When is it coming back? I think it’s a great show.

Comment by Dan Hetland – September 29, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know about anyone else, but the ending of the season’s first episode had me on the edge of my seat. Watching Red John draw that red face on Lisbon – and we all know she is not dead – just knocked out. So I am guessing Red John is going to kill everyone on Jane’s list so he is the last Red John standing.

Comment by tvdiva – October 2, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So if Winters is in the fifth episode, then I assume Cassidy ISN’T going to be killed off next week? That’s good… I guess. I don’t know, I don’t ship “Bensidy” and I don’t like Cassidy’s character that much, but I didn’t want him killed off all of a sudden. I didn’t want for SVU to become the How Else Can we Hurt Olivia Hour. But I’m still hoping for a breakup.

Comment by Zoe – October 3, 2013 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Coulson keeps calling Tahiti “a magical place,” so I’m guessing he spent some rehab time in Asgard.

Comment by Luis – October 3, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post