How I Met Your Mother Final Season Scoop: Breaking Bad Star Bryan Cranston to Return

How I Met Your Mother Season 9 Bryan CranstonHow I Met Your Mother has tapped a major guest star for Season 9.

Bryan Cranston — whose Breaking Bad wraps its run this Sunday — will reprise his role as Ted’s former boss Hammond Druthers on the CBS comedy’s final season, CBS announced on Wednesday.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on How I Met Your Mother and 44 Other Returning Faves

The actor last appeared on HIMYM in Season 2 when Ted worked for the arrogant architect Druthers and then later employed him.

Who else is on your guest star wish list for Season 9?

1. J says:

Yay! Bet Cranston would love to do something funny about now.

2. erika says:

awesome!!

3. Eric says:

During Sunday night’s episode of Breaking Bad, I was thinking about Bryan’s former HIMYM role. I don’t know why, it just randomly popped into my head. As a huge fan of both series, I thought it was cool, but it never once crossed my mind that he would return to Mother during the final season. This is quite exciting indeed.

4. Azerty says:

How I meth your mother?

5. Zach says:

It’s weird that he was Ted’s boss, and Bob Odenkirk played Marshall’s boss (not to mention the fact that he played a lawyer).

• isee says:

Hopefully Odenkirk will come back and guest star as well, maybe share some screentime with Cranston and have a little Breaking Bad reunion!

6. SonnyD says:

If HIMYM brings back Bryan, will Britney Spears come back too? The rating was up when she appeared and the show did help her come back as normal. Bring her back!!!! Her character was actually funny, too.

• Mikael says:

I would love it if they brought Britney back. It would be funny to see her still stalking Ted. Speaking of stalkers, I think it would be funny if they brought back crazy Meg, freaking out that Barney’s getting married.

7. Tony says:

Just watched a rerun of HIMYM not even 2 hours ago with Cranston in it. He will always be Hal from Malcom in the Middle to me :)

• P Diddily says:

He was great on Malcolm in the Middle, but he will always be Tim Watley(The dentist that converted to Judaism just for the jokes) from Seinfeld for me.

8. Lisa says:

I would love to see Britney, Rachel Bilson (in a scene from the mother’s college years), Lily’s dad, Alexis Denisof, and Sarah Chalke before it’s all over

• Ashley says:

They’ve said that the final season will feature a lot of familiar faces. Rachel Bilson seems fairly likely due to her connection to the mother. I wouldn’t be surprised if they work Lily’s dad (and other parents) into some flashbacks around the time Robin & Barney’s parents show up.

Sarah Chalke also seems a given as Stella was name dropped in the premier.

• Josh says:

At the end of season 4 they mention that he never saw Stella again. I’m assuming we’ll see Rachel Bilson back and pretty much everyone’s parents. I’d imagine that Marshal and Lilly’s parents would be invited to the wedding.

9. Ian says:

Britney Spears and Sarah Chalke PLEEEEEEEASE

10. Ian says:

Oh and Lucy Hale!!!

11. Eddie says:

HIMYM, while still a traincrash, pathetic excuse of a sitcom and just a general lump of s***, is the most tolerable CBS/multi-cam sitcom out there, so I am glad that Bryan Cranston has chosen the best of the worst to appear on, but still disappointed.

12. Kre says:

Bob Odenkirk MUST come back too.

13. Babybop says:

I totally forgot that was him! I need to go rewatch some episodes… But I agree with the others, bring Britney back! She was so cute, and actually really funny.

14. Bender says:

He’s still Tim Whatley, to me

15. Anita says:

Never forget, he was the one who made a penis-shaped building but couldn’t see that’s what it looked like hahahaha

16. Joey says:

Glad Bryan is coming back to the show. I can’t wait to see how his character comes back and what he’s been up over the past couple of years.