Ravenswood Exclusive: Watch the Official Trailer!

Be afraid for Caleb, Pretty Little Liars fans. Be very afraid.

TVLine exclusively has obtained the first official official trailer for the ABC Family saga’s spin-off Ravenswood (bowing Oct. 22 at 9/8c), and it finds Tyler Blackburn‘s Rosewood export in a some seriously supernatural danger.

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars Spin-Off Ravenswood — Crossover Plans

With nods to horror flicks I Know What You Did Last Summer and What Lies Beneath, the minute-long promo finally gives viewers a glimpse into the creepy events that bring Caleb to the new town.

Press PLAY below to venture into Ravenswood, then hit the comments with your snappy judgements.

Loading video...

Comments (21)

• Blackburn shirtless – i am in.

Comment by Sarah – September 24, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still thinks it’s a bad idea. Whatever reason they will give, Caleb would never leave Rosewood and the A drama happening to Hannah in PLL. He was the only character thinking straight in the show.

Comment by Azerty – September 24, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree!! I’ve been asking myself why he would leave Hanna with all the -A craziness when he’s been so die hard about protecting her! Now all of sudden he doesn’t care? I’ve heard that the PLL Halloween episode explains why he leaves and that Hanna actually is the one to tell him to go (or stay, since the episode takes place in Ravenswood).

Comment by Leanne – September 25, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anybody know if Ravenswood is airing on Much or on ABCSpark?

Comment by erin – September 24, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a huge fan of PLL but Ravenswood actually looks pretty good. I’ll definitely be checking it out!

Comment by Jared – September 24, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t like PLL ??!!? Did you die as a baby? (Jk Jk) PLL is awesome! The suspense, the thrill, the excitement!

Comment by Pretty Little Liar – October 1, 2013 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never watched “Pretty Little Liars” but am interested in checking out “Ravenswood” – anything I need to know about this Caleb before the new series begins?

Comment by SAM – September 24, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s a stereotypical foster kid with a heart of gold. Basically that means he had a troubled upbringing but has since warmed up to the idea of relationships.

Comment by Cherry – September 24, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks!

Comment by SAM – September 24, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thanks from me as well. I never had an interest in PLL but am very interested in Ravenswood because of the supernatural aspect. I didn’t know if there was anything I really needed to know before watching.

Comment by Francine – September 24, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All I have to say is: SEE FOR YA DANG SELF!! But that’s just me.

Comment by Pretty Little Liar – October 1, 2013 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, you need to know pretty little liars. Hello. Umm you can’t watch the spin off and not the original. It’s common sense.

Comment by Rose – March 23, 2014 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks so much better than that weird teaser.

Comment by Dani – September 24, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This seems a little strange. I stopped watching PLL after season one, but it wasn’t a supernatural/fantasy show. If Ravenswood is set in the same universe, then it shouldn’t have supernatural elements to it either…

A lot of times, spin-off series are too similar to their parents shows. This looks like it might be the opposite problem — it’s too disconnected from the parent show. It almost seems like it should be a standalone series instead of a spin-off.

I could be completely wrong, though. Maybe it’s not supernatural at all and just some creepy person doing all the stuff in the trailer.

Comment by js – September 24, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s a silly statement. PLL has toyed with the idea that the supernatural exists in their world. Does it have anything to do with A? No, but who cares? I always was intrigued by the little surreal moments in PLL and in season three there is a ghost in the Halloween episode, so, I’m glad they’re expanding the PLL universe to show a place where the supernatural IS relevant to the storyline.

Comment by Cory – September 24, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It isn’t a silly statement. Pretty Little Liars has never toyed with supernatural elements, because the show was supposed to seem real. Sure it had tons of twists and turns, but it definatly didn’t have supernatural elements. And who knows, Ravenwood might not either. They’ve always been real good at toying with our minds and the endless possibilities.

Comment by Molly Rennolds – October 13, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will check Ravenswood out because I love PLL but it looks kinda scary. Hoping I like it :)

Comment by Elyse – September 24, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks great. It doesn’t look like a complete rip off of PLL, which is great it’s not like a CSI spin off where it’s exactly the same. Can’t wait!

Comment by Cherry – September 24, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the trailer. The mythology for the show looks addictive. I am keeping my fingers cross that Ravenswood will enjoy many seasons of success.

Comment by Tori – September 24, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely adore the lovely Nicole Gale Anderson. So this is must-see for me since she got cast. :)

Comment by Lambsilencer – September 24, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know but i got a feeling that this would be a good contrast to PLL. For one there a gender dynamic that the PLL doesn’t have and the mood of the atmosphere is gloomy but intriguing. I only hate the voice over in this trailer it suck out the creepiness and introduce the the advertisement vibe. I feel almost like watching “I know what you did last summer” ads minus the voice over.

Comment by jag – September 24, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post