Exclusive

Ravenswood Exclusive: Watch the Official Trailer!

Be afraid for Caleb, Pretty Little Liars fans. Be very afraid.

TVLine exclusively has obtained the first official official trailer for the ABC Family saga’s spin-off Ravenswood (bowing Oct. 22 at 9/8c), and it finds Tyler Blackburn‘s Rosewood export in a some seriously supernatural danger.

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars Spin-Off Ravenswood — Crossover Plans

With nods to horror flicks I Know What You Did Last Summer and What Lies Beneath, the minute-long promo finally gives viewers a glimpse into the creepy events that bring Caleb to the new town.

Press PLAY below to venture into Ravenswood, then hit the comments with your snappy judgements.

Loading video...
TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Trailers and Promos, Video

1. Sarah says:

Blackburn shirtless – i am in.

2. Azerty says:

Still thinks it’s a bad idea. Whatever reason they will give, Caleb would never leave Rosewood and the A drama happening to Hannah in PLL. He was the only character thinking straight in the show.

• Leanne says:

Totally agree!! I’ve been asking myself why he would leave Hanna with all the -A craziness when he’s been so die hard about protecting her! Now all of sudden he doesn’t care? I’ve heard that the PLL Halloween episode explains why he leaves and that Hanna actually is the one to tell him to go (or stay, since the episode takes place in Ravenswood).

3. erin says:

Anybody know if Ravenswood is airing on Much or on ABCSpark?

4. Jared says:

Not a huge fan of PLL but Ravenswood actually looks pretty good. I’ll definitely be checking it out!

• Pretty Little Liar says:

Don’t like PLL ??!!? Did you die as a baby? (Jk Jk) PLL is awesome! The suspense, the thrill, the excitement!

5. SAM says:

I never watched “Pretty Little Liars” but am interested in checking out “Ravenswood” – anything I need to know about this Caleb before the new series begins?

6. Dani says:

Looks so much better than that weird teaser.

7. js says:

This seems a little strange. I stopped watching PLL after season one, but it wasn’t a supernatural/fantasy show. If Ravenswood is set in the same universe, then it shouldn’t have supernatural elements to it either…

A lot of times, spin-off series are too similar to their parents shows. This looks like it might be the opposite problem — it’s too disconnected from the parent show. It almost seems like it should be a standalone series instead of a spin-off.

I could be completely wrong, though. Maybe it’s not supernatural at all and just some creepy person doing all the stuff in the trailer.

• Cory says:

That’s a silly statement. PLL has toyed with the idea that the supernatural exists in their world. Does it have anything to do with A? No, but who cares? I always was intrigued by the little surreal moments in PLL and in season three there is a ghost in the Halloween episode, so, I’m glad they’re expanding the PLL universe to show a place where the supernatural IS relevant to the storyline.

• Molly Rennolds says:

It isn’t a silly statement. Pretty Little Liars has never toyed with supernatural elements, because the show was supposed to seem real. Sure it had tons of twists and turns, but it definatly didn’t have supernatural elements. And who knows, Ravenwood might not either. They’ve always been real good at toying with our minds and the endless possibilities.

8. Elyse says:

I will check Ravenswood out because I love PLL but it looks kinda scary. Hoping I like it :)

9. Cherry says:

This looks great. It doesn’t look like a complete rip off of PLL, which is great it’s not like a CSI spin off where it’s exactly the same. Can’t wait!

10. Tori says:

I love the trailer. The mythology for the show looks addictive. I am keeping my fingers cross that Ravenswood will enjoy many seasons of success.

11. Lambsilencer says:

I absolutely adore the lovely Nicole Gale Anderson. So this is must-see for me since she got cast. :)

12. jag says:

I don’t know but i got a feeling that this would be a good contrast to PLL. For one there a gender dynamic that the PLL doesn’t have and the mood of the atmosphere is gloomy but intriguing. I only hate the voice over in this trailer it suck out the creepiness and introduce the the advertisement vibe. I feel almost like watching “I know what you did last summer” ads minus the voice over.