Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Mad Men, Community, Castle, HIMYM, Downton, Grey's, NCIS and More!

blog_aa_9.24.13Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: It’s been said that Grey’s Anatomy‘s Callie won’t be shy in showing how she really feels about Arizona cheating, and that the hospital will feel her wrath. But do you have any info on how Arizona will be handling this situation? –Ashley
Ausiello: Oh, it’s been more than “said” — it’s been shown. And as a matter of fact, TVLine’s Matt Mitovich just got off the horn with Jessica Capshaw, and she attested, “This is no small thing. This is a huge betrayal…. And the next step is you have to understand why it happened” — meaning, there’s something else missing from the Calzona relationship besides someone’s left leg. In the meantime, yes, Callie’s wrath shall be felt. As Capshaw notes with a laugh, “Every time I would walk into a scene, it would be having to play someone who had just done something horrible. So I would come out of work and be like, ‘I really am a good person! I really am!'”

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

Question: What can you tell me on Meredith Grey? —Sara
Ausiello: She was on The View Monday (in the form of her portrayer, Ellen Pompeo) promoting this week’s Grey’s Anatomy premiere and she basically declared this the Season of Yang. “As sad as it is that [Sandra Oh] is leaving — and I know the fans are really upset — to know Sandra Oh, this is going to her best acting season ever,” Pompeo told the ladies. “She’s going to go out with a bang. That’s a very positive spin on it, but she’s going to want to really, really bring it — as she does every year.”

Question: Do you have any scoop on Bones, Castle, Glee, The Mentalist or Once Upon a Time? –Janika
Ausiello: I see… a Mentalist scoop in your future. Though we know that Amanda Righetti and Owain Yeoman are leaving at some point this season, and though we know Van Pelt and Rigsby are heading for a wedding, it’s still hazy on how/why exactly the characters will be written off of the show. “The hunt for Red John is reaching its climax,” series creator Bruno Heller notes. And with that, “the CBI is thrown into turmoil… so Rigsby and Van Pelt – and Cho – are forced to find new ways to be in the world.”

The MentalistQuestion: I’ll love you forever if you give me a spoiler about The Mentalist! –Natasha
Ausiello: Bruno Heller says that after Red John’s capture this season, a big new arc will kick in — though he’s loath to utter a word about it. “As soon as you shoot an arrow in the air it’s going to land somewhere, and I don’t want to shoot that arrow quite yet,” he explains. “I would say that one of the luxuries if we do indeed catch and get rid of Red John… is that it’s a huge weight and burden off the shoulders of Jane and Lisbon and everybody else, so it’s a good life change, it gives them freedom and  a sense of being able to breathe again. So while there will be gripping arcs of the kind that the audience is used to, we’re going to take this opportunity to open it up a bit.

Question: Got any intel on Justified? —Waylon
Ausiello: I hope Joelle Carter is a fan of prison attire, because I hear Ava won’t be sprung from the pokey anytime soon. In fact, rumor has it Season 5 will have a very Orange is the New Black feel to it.

Question: Any chance of a Downton Abbey-Sons of Anarchy crossover? —Gregg
Ausiello: In Ask Ausiello? I suppose I can work both shows into this answer. Odd request, but I’m game. On the SOA front, Theo Rossi hints that the pummeling Juice took from Chibs in the opener will have “tremendous” consequences. “I think the beating snapped him,” Rossi adds of his character. “He snapped… Juice wants to do everything he can to get back that family that he had. Right now his belief is [he can achieve that by becoming] more violent… How this all goes down is amazing and I’m really excited for it.” Moving on to Downton, Jim Carter assured me on the Emmys red carpet Sunday that Season 4 will be far less deadly than Season 3. In fact, “I don’t think there are any deaths this season,” he said. “You can settle back and relax — there are going to be no funerals this year.”

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

Question: I know it’s only September and I’m crazy but pleeeeease, will there be a Christmas episode of Castle? –Iga
Ausiello: Although last year Castle fans were treated to a full-on Yuletide outing, complete with a sleigh’d Santa and gift anxiety for Caskett, this December your present will be smaller. “We have an episode that takes place around Christmastime, but it’s not super Christmas-y,” show boss Andrew W. Marlowe shares.

Question: Congratulations to Daniela Ruah on her pregnancy and engagement! Will her pregnancy be written into NCIS? –Donna
Ausiello: At this time, the show has “no comment” on whether or not Kensi will in turn be pregnant. But hey, maybe that’s the “most unexpected” midseason turn for “Densi” that showrunner Shane Brennan teased in our fall preview…?

Blind item***We interrupt this week’s Ask Ausiello to bring you this tantalizing blind item (sponsored by Roku 3): A major character on an established (and very popular) drama series that’s not called Beauty and the Beast will be afflicted with amnesia this season, a diagnosis that will have huge repercussions for his/her relationships — romantic, platonic and familial. Hit the comments with your most educated guesses, and click here to enter a chance to win Roku 3 device and gain access to over 750 channels.***

Question: Got any scoop on Revolution? —Kevin
Ausiello: The mystery man known as Mr. President will be unmasked “by midseason,” exec producer Eric Kripke confirms. “For now, he’s just this shadowy figure that is moving into the White House, and we’ll start to tease all that out.” Bonus Scoop: Adam Beach (SVU, Big Love) makes his first appearance in Wednesday’s premiere playing “the sheriff of the town of Willoughby that our heroes stumble into and immediately there’s a little friction with Miles because he senses that there’s [something off],” Kripke explains. “Miles comes into town using an alias and not wanting anyone to know his true identity, and Adam begins to realize pretty quickly that there’s more to Miles than meets the eye.”

Question: How will Mad Men‘s split season impact how Matt Weiner writes the final 14 episodes? For example, will he view Episode 7 as a season finale, and treat it accordingly, or will it be just a regular episode? —Dave
Ausiello: It’s a great question, and I tried to coax an answer out of the typically tight-lipped auteur at Sunday’s Emmys (shocker: I think I succeeded.) “I’m interested in entertainment and I want the audience to be glued to it and I want them to be addicted and I want them to come back,” he said. “So I will do everything I can in those seven episodes to tell a story where they’ll be like, ‘What is the rest of this?'” (Click here to watch my full Weiner Q&A.)

Question: Anything on How I Met Your Mother? —Babar
Ausiello: Anna Camp’s guest stint as the wedding guest from hell is now up to three episodes — and counting.

Question: Will Zachary Quinto turn up in American Horror Story: Coven? —Shein
Ausiello: “No plans so far, but we’ll see how that goes as the season unfolds,” says the AHS vet, who is currently starring on Broadway in The Glass Menagerie. “I’m always open to it. I’ve been so grateful for the opportunity to work with all those people, so if I can do it again I would love to.”

RELATED | New TV Season Predictions: Bones/SOA Deaths? A Good Wife Exit? Parenthood Divorce?

scandalQuestion: Please tell me anything about Scandal. —Katy
Ausiello: Now that Olivia has been outed as the POTUS’ mistress, “She is no longer the fixer,” explains Bellamy Young. “She is like the client. Mellie is the fixer in her own mind. We’re looking at a reelection campaign, so I’ve got to handle it because we need four more years. And Mellie has a very particular idea about who a scapegoat should be, what a strategy should be, how to push it all under the rug so we can get past it and get reelected. Of course, it will no doubt blow up in her face as Mellie’s plans inevitably do.” Bonus Scoop: This season’s third episode is going to be bananas.”So far, I have loved Episode 3,” raves Young. “Episode 3 was one of our best so far. I really look forward to [watching] that.”

Question: I have to wait so long until Season 2 of Under the Dome! Can you please give me some hint as to what the future holds for Barbie? —Alicia
Ausiello: A tighter, more compelling narrative? That’s my personal hope, anyway. I’m encouraged by something Dean Norris told us Saturday at BAFTA’s pre-Emmy Team Party. “I’m meeting with producers to start sorting it out, but [Season 2] is going to be good,” he said. “We get to reboot the whole thing… I think there’s going to be some changes. They want to beef it up in a lot of ways.” Bonus Scoop: Norris confirms that “Stephen King is going to write the first episode.”

Question: With Jeff’s daddy issues settled and Pierce gone, where will Community go for biological family dramedy now? —Robert
Ausiello: Back to Shirley’s brood. Two of her sons will return in this season’s fifth episode, only they’ll be older (early teens) and, per casting intel, with “lovely singing voices.” The benched NBC comedy is also on the lookout for an actor to play a student reporter, who is seen grilling a faculty member during a time of crisis. BTW, I think this is Donald Glover’s final episode, so the “crisis” part has me a smidge worried. They wouldn’t kill off Troy, would they?

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Meg Masters and Vlada Gelman)

1. GIlda says:

When Zachary Quinto says he’d love to do your show, you pick up the phone and call him.

• xK says:

Yes! We were so disappointed that he wasn’t going to be on this season … but maybe he can make a surprise appearance like Dylan McDermott did last season.

• Aprilcot says:

THIS. Although I was glad to see Cromwell pick up the Emmy, I felt that it really should have gone to Quinto. He was so psychotically awesome last season…I’d love to see him back this year, even if it’s just for a bit.

• Whatever says:

I agree. Both James Cromwell and Zachary Quinto were great last season on AHS but I really thought Quinto should of gotten the Emmy. However I am happy that one of them got it !
        I hope Quinto can make an appearance this season in AHS Coven.

2. Anna bananas says:

Blind item?? Nashville??

3. iMember says:

I need some scoop on SHIELD and REVENGE. Gotta email you sometime!

4. reh says:

NOTHING OF GLEE, SAD

5. Babar says:

Thatnks for answering my question

6. Emily says:

If that blind item is The Vampire Diaries, then they’re blatantly ripping off True Blood story lines.

• Francine says:

No, I dont think so. The amnesia storyline has been done by many, many shows before True Blood ever came along. Just because they’re both about vampires… TB wouldn’t have even come to my mind, honestly. Not to mention that it isn’t like TB came up with that storyline on their own- that was taken directly from the books.

7. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

I’m thinking the blind item is Stefan on the Vampire Diaries.

8. renforth says:

Downton is airing now in the UK. Loved the first episode. There is nothing like it on television which is a fact I forget after not seeing it for such a long break. Glad it is back! :)

9. Courts says:

That amnesia storyline sounds like really bad fanfic so it’s probably Once.

10. abz says:

The way Ellen referred to the season as the “Season of Yang” it makes it seem like she has no plans on leaving the show just yet after this season.

11. Annie says:

I think the blind item could be DiNozzo on NCIS, honestly. They would pull something like that on him after Ziva is gone…

12. JC says:

Thank you to Donna for asking that question about Daniela Ruah and NCIS: LA. I’ve been wondering also since I heard she was pregnant. I’ve also been wondering if this has anything to do with the spoiler about someone leaving the team – maybe a way to write her out for a while for maternity leave?

13. Billy says:

I’m VERY scared that the blind item has something to do with Christina Yang on Grey’s Anatomy…if it is I will be soooooooooo mad because that would be worse than death for her and I don’t think I could continue watching of that happens.

14. I don’t like that blind item ! I hope it won’t be Castle

15. Linda says:

As a regular reader of this column and a Canadian,I’m REALLY annoyed that we Canadians can not enter your contest !! Why ?

• ben says:

Because you are an inferior species. Don’t worry, I’m a Kiwi, I understand.

• TV Gord says:

Do Roku 3s even work in Canada? Not all of these devices do.

• John says:

You all were pre-approved for American statehood and didn’t pick us up on the offer: so no awesomeness for you! Or international broadcast rights, which, come to think of it, WOULD have been resolved by accepting the Articles of Confederation pre-approval…

16. J says:

I think it would be interesting if the blind item was Emily on Revenge.

• iMember says:

After she gets shot? Whoa, that would be interesting if the writers did that. Although, doing that to the main character who drives the show would cause the show to stall its storyline, so probably not!

17. F4DB says:

“What can you tell me about Meredith Grey?”
    Proceeds to talk about Cristina Yang.. Lol

18. Estée says:

I highly doubt the amnesia storyline is OUAT since the since they just had one last season

19. TW says:

Thinking the blind item is the Chief on Grey’s Anatomy. Would make sense if he survives the whole ‘electrocution in the basement’ thing.

• Kjess says:

Makes sense with the electrocution, but to give him amnesia after he lost his wife to Alzheimer’s seems a bit much.
      I’m guessing Once or another fantasy show just based on the Beauty/Beast remark.

20. mary says:

Blind Item is soooooo Stefan Salvatore : (

21. deedee says:

I would love to believe the blind item is Richard on Grey’s Anatomy

• Joe says:

Although I hope that the Chief is alive on Grey’s ~ I don’t think he will be :(

I think the amnesiac will be Rayna on Nashville, when she finally comes out of her coma

22. S says:

If TVD is the blind item it doesn’t necessarily mean it will be ripping off TB. They could do it in a different way you know…

23. Sam says:

What blind item?

24. maddie says:

Blind item.. Nick on Grimm after he’s dezombied?

25. DJ Rogue says:

When I saw the picture of Donald Glover, I foolishly hoped that you had some news that he realized thirteen episodes in the grand scheme of things isn’t THAT much and he was going to stay past his initial FIVE.

Silly me.

26. Sarah says:

Better not be Once they’ve done the amnesia thing enough

27. Steph says:

I hope the blind item is about a show I don’t watch. I still haven’t recovered from Sarah not remembering Chuck.

28. Shelli says:

he didn’t answer my True Blood question I emailed him. :(
    “Dear Ausiello:
    Is Eric finally gets involve with Bon Temps storyline than having a separate storyline? Because HBO just announced True Blood season 7 will be its final season. A lot of Trubies really want Eric and Sookie`s HEA than Bill and Sookie HEA ~Shelli”

29. bones fan says:

Bones – would be a good twist

30. J says:

Thank you for more Mentalist scoop! I’m nervous about how we might say goodbye to Van Pelt and Rigsby (especially because I would still like them on). I hope we don’t end up saying goodbye to Cho as well. This new arc the show will be taking sounds tantalizing even though I have no clue what it could be!

31. alistaircrane says:

Under the Dome would improve if they got rid of Dean Norris. People think he’s a good actor because of Breaking Bad, but Big Jim is simply the most disgusting character on television and needs to GO.

32. Angela says:

Love the idea of delving more into Shirley’s life, as I’m up for more storylines involving her (and it’ll be nice to learn more about her family). But that last bit about Troy has me really nervous-oh, god, I HOPE they don’t do that. They’d better not do that.
    I shall choose to focus on the happy part of things right now-we got some “Community” info :D!

33. Cindy says:

Wondering if the blind item could be Sam on Supernatural.

• Sheila says:

Oh, god! Like the constant death and year-long separations aren’t bad enough, you’re wishing an amnesia plotline on them? Nooooooooooooooo!!!

• Jen says:

It’s not Sam. In the preview they showed at Comic-Con he clearly remembered everything that happened with the trials and Crowley. I was thinking more along the lines of Once Upon a Time or Grimm since they’re fairytale based stories like Beauty and the Beast.

34. Sidney.B says:

Someone here , I think were calling it , the blind item being about Castle as a side effect of him being poisoned.
    So definitely going with Castle in this.

35. james says:

Blind Item: Cam on Bones or dare I say Jax on SoA…

36. Tina says:

Can’t enter the contest, but I’m hoping it’s Lisbon :) :) :)

• @ Tina says:

It would be so cool if it were Lisbon. Just thinking of all the implications derived from it being her seems very intriguing. But I don’t know… Guess we’ll find out.

37. Mark says:

Amnesia, not Beauty and the Beast, makes me think CW, Family and Relationships makes me think Arrow, but I only watch Arrow and Supernatural on CW… My second guess would be Revenge, don’t watch it, but it has more backstabbing and family drama then any other commercialized show I see. Couldn’t tell you about ABCFamily, boycotting the channel that killed Bunheads to continue showing a slate of dysfunction.

• Chris says:

Also assumed the Beast comment meant another CW show.. but the comment about huge repercussions re: romantic, platonic, and familial relationships? It’s gotta be Arrow. Oliver Queen (Arrow’s Lead character) losing his memory would rock that series to it’s core: losing the connections he’s made with his family since he returned; his team set adrift, having to convince/remind him of who he is while still trying to carry on with their fight; tommy’s sacrifice and how that affected him and laurel and their future. It would be crazy to do this, but if pulled off well, it would be the perfect way to intro Colton Hayes as “Arrow Jr.” and to inject some tension and excitement into reunions with old enemies AND a great way to explore what happens when Oliver loses his reason to become the arrow and where he goes from there.

Wow. that was too much probably. but i still say Arrow FTW!

38. Ella says:

Blind item is probably Supernatural.

39. The blind item ….have read spoilers it could be Bo, the lead character from Lost Girl (airing on Showcase in Canada and SyFy in USA)?

40. Geo says:

I know I’m not on a tv show, but could the Blind Item about someone getting amnesia please be about me? I’d like to forget I saw the Dexter finale.

• John says:

Easy solution for that. Go bang your head against a wall until you pass out. When you wake up if you still remember the finale, repeat the banging of head against a wall until you don’t remember Dexter finale

41. Kat says:

Blind Item? Nick Burkhardt of GRIMM, although it WAS kind of confirmed that he won’t remember everything he does while he’s a Zombie, so I don’t know if that still counds if it’s already known…

• Jen says:

I thought that too since it’s a fairytale based show like BatB but they just did that with Juliet last season. Someone else mentioned Clay from SOA b/c he played the Beast in the old version of the show. Now I’m all but convinced it has to be him.

42. Andrea Aynsley says:

I hate these blind item spoilers that serve to create angst amongst its viewers / fans / shippers for something that will potentially happen somewhere in the show’s future. We didn’t even get the answer to last year’s 10-letter blind item that got bones and castle fans freaked for the longest time. All I can say that this better stop and not be caskett. That’s just cruel and stupid writing if it did happen.

• Christina says:

That blind item changed a bit. It ended up being engagement (for Castle), I think. Granted, both shows technically had engagements brought up.

43. Karen says:

a blind iten this early aanyway i think its nick on grimm stefan on TVD or sam on suoernatural or even webber of greys but thans for the spoilers

44. Rich Abey says:

Still recovering after that super-awesome ‘Castle’ S6 Premiere! So many questions: Will Rick survive(duh!)? Will (Agent) Kate stay in DC long term? Can’t ABC pay extra to keep Lisa Edelstein on the show long-term..cause she is AWESOME! When is that idiot ‘Pi’ gonna leave Castle de castle? And where the hell is Lanie?
    So its glad to see a scoop gravitating away from all these mind-wrenching worries to more pleasant worries like ‘are we getting another Christmas themed episode?’. Sorry to hear that it won’t be so Christmassy this time round cause we got a top notch heartfelt Christmas episode in ‘Secret Santa’ last year. Still some Christmassy is better than no Christmassy!

• Alex says:

Usually, shows don’t do that many holiday themed episodes so that when they run in syndication they don’t have to worry about showing the Christmas EP in July.

45. Marlene says:

Stefan Salvatore for the blind item?

46. Shelly says:

Back to the Blind Item: Its Vincent, from Beauty and the Beast, he loses his memory in captivity and doesn’t remember Cat…

47. Pennagirl65 says:

Not trying to be nit-picky, but the scoop on NCIS is NCIS:LA. The headline is a bit misleading.

48. Dorrie says:

Has anyone heard why A@E just up and cancelled The Glades. Especially when we were
    given a ending like we got. I know we haven’t watched that network since then.

49. mk says:

Beauty and the beast starred Ron Pearlman which makes me think Clay on SOA. I really hope that’s not it though.

50. Abby says:

It’s Vincent on Beauty and the Beast.