Army Wives Cancelled, Lifetime Prepping Farewell Retrospective for 2014

Get More: Cancellations

army wives cancelledLifetime is deploying Army Wives to the TV graveyard.

The cabler has cancelled its longest-running series, which wrapped its seventh (and now-final) season in June.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

A two-hour retrospective special featuring the show’s cast will air early next year.

“There is no denying how special Army Wives has been to both Lifetime and the television landscape,” Lifetime’s Exec VP and General Manager Rob Sharenow said in a statement. “By taking on a very relevant and timely issue, it has brilliantly captured the challenges our military families endure and the bravery they and their loved ones display while serving our country.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

“We also want to thank Army Wives’ passionate legion of fans,” he added, “and everyone involved with the series: ABC Studios, Mark Gordon and Jeff Melvoin, Tanya Biank, every single cast member, as well as the crew and community of Charleston, South Carolina.”

Deposit your eulogies in the comments, and while you’re there riddle me this: Was Claudia Joy’s death the final nail in the show’s coffin?

Comments (385)

• i was waitin for it to happen

Comment by J – September 24, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just wanted to comment about Army Wives show being canceled. I had watched the show from the beginning and I know changes need to be done, but this was one change that should of never taken place, it was a great show, great actors, it made me cry at times, and also made me laugh. I do really think you should consider bringing it back because it had many fans who were dedicated to that show and it cannot compare to other shows on that channel who’s ratings might be lower, but they’re still on. I’m asking you once again to please bring back Army Wives. Thank you

Comment by Joann Ambrose – October 7, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I also would like to request that Army Wives not to be canceled, because it showed what really happens when you are a army wife or husband. People come and people go, you make friends and some you stay in contact with and some you don’t. People get sick, die, divorces happen and babies are born, children get into trouble, they also get married, go off to college etc. The ones that are in the army get deployed, injured, and die also. It was the best show I have seen on tv sence Brothers and Sisters. I hope you can bring it back!!!!!!!!

Comment by Joyce McCloud – October 10, 2013 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am not a TV buff and Army Wives was the only show I watched religiously. It’s a real shame that you pull the shows that are honestly worth watching and leave on other shows that are just a waste a time. I would like to see you bring it back and I’m sure so would alot of others.

Comment by Arlyne Shiffman – October 23, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I totally agree with you! They leave crap on and take the good stuff off. I’m livid!

Comment by beverly wilson – November 19, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Me too!

Comment by Karen Mill – January 18, 2014 01:14 PM PDT
          • I totally agree, they can put shows on that are crap. They leave those kind of shows on and take the good shows off. I hope you can bring it back. I am gonna miss the show. I have watched from day one.

Comment by Barbara Hochhalter – January 29, 2014 06:01 AM PDT
          • Yea, I totally agree with all these posts! Army Wives was my favorite show too! I loved every character and the story lines were awesome! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!! Cheryl

Comment by Cheryl Henderson – February 1, 2014 07:16 PM PDT
          • Yes please bring back Army wives,am a faithful fan from the beginning, so please reconsider and bring it back.

Comment by Rosa – March 5, 2014 01:30 PM PDT
        • I just learned today that Army Wives was cancelled. I am terribly disappointed as I was a very loyal fan who watched it religiously (as was my daughter). I do find it disturbing when such good shows dealing with very timely topics in a very real fashion are cancelled and we are left with so much “JUNK on tv. Please reconsider your decision.

Comment by J. E. – November 25, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Just saw Army Wives cancelled I’m so disappointed and only hope they/you reconsider? Watched it religiously love that show. So many crap shows on TV so you cancel the good ones! Guess Hollywood loathes the military who are the Real Heroes. These guys should be ashamed of themselves.

Comment by Ruthann Purkiss – November 30, 2013 06:43 PM PDT
      • Please do not cancel Army Wives. The best show ever. With all the service men in Iraq, this brings us to reality and makes us think more about them.

Comment by kathy – November 3, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • please dont do that i love the show i have been on it when it frist come on tv thats just worry for lifetime to do that to us

Comment by debbie – November 12, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree , this show was the best all my friends watched the show ,just when every one got into the show you take it off the air please give a retry with new cast they are doing great

Comment by B.j- – November 14, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please bring back Army wives love this show

Comment by Diann Crittenden – November 23, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really loved this show and wish it wasn’t cancelled. Like a true army base, people leave and new ones come in. The issues were relevant and the show opened a door into a world many of us know nothing about. I am extremely saddened Army Wives won’t be back. Lifetime will probably replace the show with another crap reality show about ridiculous, useless, selfish, self-centered people living a useless, pointless existence that the rest of us care nothing about.

Comment by Mary – December 29, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Army wives has been pivotal to our lives. It is such a great series and helps show the struggles of military life and those involved. This show was never completed and should be aired for many seasons to come! I truly hope lifetime reconsiders this choice and brings back such an amazing and down to earth show. God bless Army Wives

Comment by Jennifer Goss – January 3, 2014 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. With all the “reality” garbage now on TV, why in the world would you cancel a positive, compelling and timely series like Army Wives. No wonder the networks are all in a flux. The decisions being made today are completely wrong.

Comment by Patricia – January 14, 2014 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I love the show it had a tremendous impact on my life it was the best show ever my husband and i watched every season 1 thru 7 together we laughed together and we also cried together i come from a military family and my grandfather served in Vietnam and my husband wants to join the military it was something we actually enjoyed watching together and we love the show and every single actor in it Mrs. Holden Mr. Holden and there family and the Sherwood family and the Burton family and the young Cruz couple had the most impact on our lives my respect goes out to them and i would watch that show for the rest of my life day in day out if yall would please bring army wives back it would be greatly appreciated by the Pruitt family and the entire world thank you…. the Pruitt family.

Comment by shenea pruitt – January 21, 2014 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • i agree,but also think that the original cast is what made the show and they should consider bring it back castng them including claudia joy,she is what ancored the show.im sad:(

Comment by marie – January 24, 2014 07:24 PM PDT
      • I totally agree, this program touched so many hearts and souls. All we as viewer want was to view the program and continue to show our support. Please reconsider and bring back the program

Comment by Ranee n – January 25, 2014 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • so disappointed that its not coming back. Was looking forward to new season. Please reconider!!!

Comment by Stacy Costa – February 1, 2014 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? I cannot believe you did this. Army wives is probably the best show out there. I am so disappointed and I am considering not watching Lifetime at all. This is just CRAP!!!

Comment by Karrie – February 6, 2014 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I to was surprised when I learned just the other day that they weren’t bringing Army Wives back. I loved this show. Its a shame when they take off the shows that have real meaning. Please bring it back!!!!

Comment by susie – February 6, 2014 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, bring Army Wives back Please

Comment by carolyn Alexander – March 4, 2014 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AMEN!!!!! I say bring Army Wives back, my life will not be the same without my Army Wives in it!

Comment by Sally Reynolds Webb – March 7, 2014 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please bring Back Army Wives!!!! My whole family have been watching the show since the first and we want the show back on!!!!

Comment by Angie – March 10, 2014 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree completely! I look forward to this series every summer because it is realistic and wholesome simultaneously. Please don’t take it away from us who are dedicated viewers!

Comment by Judith Lindberg – March 14, 2014 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hate that they cancelled Army Wives. I watched the show from beginning to the end and loved all of it!!! I loved the new cast I thought they were as good or better than the originals. They didn’t give it a chance with the new cast. So sad!!!!!

Comment by Jodie Ogle – October 12, 2013 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • please bring army wives back, that show means a lot to me as an army wife, season 7 ending was not a good one because it left you waiting on what is going to happen with the couples. Like I vote for one more season

Comment by Jennifer Rodriguez – October 20, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think it should have one more season. It’s one of the best shows on tv. Was just starting to really get to know the new cast and enjoy their lives. You get so involved with them that they seem so real.

Comment by Jill – October 28, 2013 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please bring army wives back… I watch the show every week…you can’t just end it that way..its a great show have watched it since season 1 ….it made me cry, laugh, smile and sit at the edge of my seat. …bring it back

Comment by courtney martin – January 13, 2014 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t watch regular TV because of all the stupid crap that producers put on. I could care less about exploiting children, reality crap, people screaming at others. I started watching army wives in season 4. fell in love. I just had to go back and catch up. like others I cried, laughed, wanted to hit someone. could not wait to see what happened next. I hated Claudia joy passing, Trevor and the family leaving, all the regulars but being a military very, it ess reality. I was just starting to like the new cast. wasn’t sure where you were going with season 6, but you brought it together in 7 . Please reconsider and bring it back. It really was the only show worth watching

Comment by Rebecca – November 9, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this show!!! I have watched every season and was looking forward to season 8!! I loved CJ but her death wasn’t a bad thing. It brought some newness and freshness to the show. The new characters were just as good as the old!! Please, please, pretty please make a season 8!!!!! I am so sick and tired of these reality shows that’s out there!!! Most if not all of them are taste less and ridiculous!!!! Army wives was awesome!!!!! So once again, bring the show back Lifetime!!!!!

Comment by Chyna Clemmons – November 11, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am–or was–a big fan of Army Wives because I know for a fact the show portrayed a great deal of what military families endure at any given time plus the wives were very visually appealing.
      I had a feeling at the time of Claudia Joy’s passing the caution flag was in effect since the show was basically centered around Fort Marshall and the top dogs were the general and his wife and Claudia Joy was a very dynamic figure as one of the wives.
      When Brook Shields’ character and General Holden gave one another “the look” and I started seeing AW cast members in other shows on other networks, I knew it was THE END.

Comment by Clarence – November 13, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please don’t cancel Army Wives. As a military wife, I really enjoyed watching and we were stationed at Joint Base Charleston, SC where Army Wives was filmed and it was a lot of fun to be extras on the show.

Comment by P – November 13, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was annoyed when they got rid of a lot of the main characters but now I’ve learned to love the new ones! PLEASE don’t cancel!!! : (

Comment by Sunny – November 17, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Let’s all boycott LIFETIME until they bring back Army Wives. It is all about the money so let’s show them. If enough people do this I guarantee we will have it back. So who’s with me?

Comment by Joanne – November 17, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I concur with you.. Boycott Lifetime.

Comment by Eleen – December 20, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved watching this show, it was my sunday show. the acting was great and to real life as we see it. PLEASE BRING IT BACK.

Comment by mary – December 5, 2013 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really love this series, even though I just started watching it on Netflix a month and a half ago. It had funny and sad moments, but the characters that are brought out are tremendous. Please bring it back because it’s worth watching!

Comment by Maggie Royal – December 10, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just looked up to see when Army Wives would be returning and low and behold like every other show “it’s cancelled”. Very upset and disappointed in the network! It didn’t win awards so its canned…Really! How awful you base a show on awards. Most Americans watch trash and want trash. Not a show like Army wives. Cannot believe it!

Comment by Elissa – December 13, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I too, just looked up to see when ARMY WIVES was returning. Now I am furious that it is cancelled. i have watched it from “day 1″ and loved it. There is SO much violence on TV today, it’s no wonder people are going crazy and violent. This was a very good show. I liked all the cast–old and new. I really wish you would reconsider.

Comment by Marian – January 18, 2014 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • true if thay can have sex abd bad words in it then thay well put it back on tv i did like amry wifes now we cant see it this sbf

Comment by debbie – January 18, 2014 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I AGREE IT WAS A WONDERFUL SHOW AND A TRIBUTE TO OUR MILITARY PPL. I CAN’T BELIEVE U COULD DO IT. IT MUST B AN OTHER OBAMA THING, WHY ELSE WOULD U CANCEL SUCH AN IMPORTANT SHOW???????

Comment by Alice Thoby – December 15, 2013 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously? Obama? Shut up.

Comment by vee – March 7, 2014 01:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am disappointed that Army Wives has been cancled I was looking forward to seeing it in the spring.Why take it off and leave crap on. Avid Watcher, Joyce

Comment by joyce west – January 1, 2014 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This show was my favortie and I watched it from the begining. I have been looking forward to the new season. I even loved the new girls,,,,It all worked so well,,,,,,I’m really sorry to say good bye,,,

Comment by Debbie Seagrave – January 6, 2014 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would not like to see Army Wives be cancelled. Even, my mother in law and father in law, whom are in their 70′s watch the show and have inquired about when it is coming back on.

Comment by Shannon – January 23, 2014 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I myself am a disabled veteran and it really makes me heartbroken to know that such a good show was cancelled. I watched this show every week from beginning to end and I can personally tell you that it dictated life in the army very well. It showed how not only the soldiers are affected but also how the families have to learn to adapt to situations which occur. I will truly miss army wives and I wish you would reconsider such a honorable show. There are not many shows that are offered that we can say are honorable and I personally would love to see many things cancelled however army wives is not one of them. This is america and we spend plenty of time watching the TV wouldn’t you like for people to watch shows which provide them an education? This show offered plenty of education about our military and the most basic foundation of our country this is such a shame that you rather keep shows that show such violence and hatred instead of something that will honor our great land. I truly hope that you will reconsider your choice, and allow the american people more education about the lives our soldiers and their families face.

Comment by Charish Minard – February 21, 2014 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • After watching the two hour wrap up show this past week, I am even more convinced that the show should not have been cancelled. There were more stories to tell and such a good series! Lifetime should rethink their decision and bring it back!

Comment by Jodi Locke – March 23, 2014 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Overall, just too many changes too quickly. I’ll miss this show.

Comment by Citrus Citrus – April 14, 2014 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s about time!! Once Kim Delaney (Claudia Joy) became an after thought instead of a regular character I stopped watching.

Comment by ilovefootball2525 – September 24, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To be fair, I think she left to seek treatment for “exhaustion”.

Comment by Shannon – September 24, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I heard that Kim Delaney was an alcoholic and that the network tried to help her but could not. I do not think that she caused the show to be cancelled. We needed the original cast to remain intake. as well as the introduction of new characters. I am shocked and saddened by the news. Hopefully another network ca pick up the show.

Comment by theresnosuchthingascoincidencedot – September 24, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, My understanding was Claudia Joy (who I also loved) had health/ chemical dependency (?) issues. I loved the original cast but also loved Gloria! Sad they’re not returning.

Comment by Barb Reber – November 2, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i totally agree i think once pam n roxy left n they killed off claudia joy i figured that it was an end to that show….the characters that were brought in after them r ok they just didnt fit into that story line…just saying. i never missed an episode but i totally agree without the original characters there is no army wives….just saying

Comment by liz – September 27, 2013 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I loved the show & have every season on DVD, but once the original cast started leaving it went downhill. Too many left & too many new cast members came on too fast. We didn’t get a chance to really know or care for the new people. I know that in the military people are always moving in & out, but at the end there was only Denise, Michael, Frank & Joan. I will miss the show but I will watch my dvds

Comment by Samantha – October 15, 2013 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I own seasons one – five and the ending to season five should have been the end of the show because it was a fixing ending to a wonderful couple Michael James and Claudia Joy Holden, they took away the heart of the show when they broke that up.

Comment by bernice – November 19, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • dang now I’m not sure if I should even bother to check out Army Wives on Netflix (it’s in my list) SO CONFUSED!

Comment by Elyse – September 24, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just because it’s canceled doesn’t mean it’s not worth watching. It’s a really great series with some strong female characters who portray friendship at its best.

Comment by Nikki – September 24, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should still watch it. It was an excellent series and the last season that was on, was really good also. It was just a little different.

Comment by CarmaLee Thomas – September 24, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should definitely check it out! If I had let the fact that Friday Night LIghts was cancelled be the reason I didn’t watch that show on Netflix – I would have missed out on a great series!

Comment by Robin – September 24, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why not? EVERY show eventually gets canceled.

Comment by Stinky Feet Lover – September 24, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s totally worth it. Watch them all.

Comment by britt – September 25, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should definitely watch it. I discovered it on Netflix this summer and enjoyed every episode. I cried for most every season. It was a very special show. I will miss it even if the new characters were not as good as the original cast.

Comment by Camille – October 1, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watch the show….it is worth it!

Comment by Melissa – October 11, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watch it. You’ll enjoy it. Despite some people not liking the new characters, I enjoyed them and disagree that they didn’t fit in. I really think they had their own stories and it showed the changes a military base and military families go through, the experiences of not only the soldiers but their families have, and the true dedication it takes to live that kind of life.

Comment by Alice – October 12, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely worth watching I hope you enjoy it.

Comment by Kea – October 14, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should definitely get it from netflix, it’s just the first 5 or 6 seasons are better than the last:)

Comment by Samantha – October 15, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww it’s a shame. The cast is terrific.

Comment by Cherry – September 24, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like the cast shakeup could have breathed new life into this show, and kept it fresh, but it wasn’t given enough time to do that. With that in mind, this should have been decided prior to the cast shakeup (season 7 shouldn’t have happened).

Comment by Ashlee – September 24, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i totally agree, i think they new they was going to cancel army wives way before threy broght in new charactors, they should have never got our hopes up. i miss everyone on the show

Comment by Donnie – September 24, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I did like Gloria though and I was waiting to see who she would choose. They really should not have introduced Patrick if they were going to cancel the show.

Comment by Camille – October 1, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Camille I totally agree I was really looking forward to next season. Especially finding out who Gloria chose!

Comment by Karla – October 2, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 100% agree with everything you said, Ashlee!

Comment by twilight123 – September 24, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed that show but once the characters of Roxie and Pam were gone, it wasn’t as good. But, Elyse? If you haven’t seen it, it is worth watching!

Comment by Bobbi – September 24, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully this will mean Brant Daugherty and Torrey DeVitto will have more time for PRETTY LITTLE LIARS then they did last season.

Love some of the other cast members, too; hopefully they will find more work soon.

Comment by steve o (@ravenwing263) – September 24, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least Lifetime is planning a farewell…..not like they did with Drop Dead Diva, just boom, its gone. THAT realy annoyed me

Comment by Rita – September 24, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Not many shows get a farewell after it’s been cancelled.I’m in the minority I’m sure but I was never enamored with Kim Delaney’s Claudia Joy. Ditto about Brooke Shields’ character (can’t recall her character name). I really missed Pam and Roxie though. I agree with others that the new cast needed time to gel.

As far as I have found out, Drop Dead Diva isn’t gone. It just completed airing some new episodes (5th season) with more to come towards the end of the year (Oct/Nov 2013). Nothing yet about a 6th season though. It was previously cancelled after the 4th season, but a few months later, was brought back for a 5th.

Comment by Marty_Mart – September 24, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not getting a farewell. It’s getting a retrospective look at what was already aired. Huge difference.

Comment by Len – September 24, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Drop dead diva isn’t gone, it is still on….they just started another season…they did cancel it, but because of fans it was brought back..

Comment by CynLyn Cromarty – September 24, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Drop Dead Diva is still on actually tonight they are having a new episode. They were on for about 3-5 weeks and took off until October 6th.

Comment by Nancee – October 6, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw it coming after hearing nothing all summer and actually wanted it to end because it wasn’t the same with the new cast, but I’m still sad. I’m going to miss it. But maybe now Catherine can finally appear on NCIS? Scheduling conflicts always prevented it from happening and she’s said multiple times she wants to do it.

Comment by Lynn – September 24, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But didn’t her character leave the Navy and take a job in London on the last episode of Jag?

Comment by Tim – September 25, 2013 12:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The fate of Mac and Harm was never fully revealed. The ending had them flipping a coin to see where they were going and they went to a still of the coin as the final image.

Comment by amelia rose – September 25, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew it wouldn’t survive after Kim Delaney demise.I loved that show but once she left it was no good for the show or myself.

Comment by Evelyn Franklin – September 24, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking that I’m a jinx. Everytime I love a show, it’s cancelled!

Comment by Mary Turner – September 24, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, the vast majority of shows get cancelled! The few that don’t are deliberately ended by TPTB on their own terms (for example, Lost) with the finale date being announced in advance. Army Wives got seven seasons, which is way longer than the typical series runs.

Comment by Alex – September 24, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL. I feel that way too. I loved Army Wives. I wish they’d continue with the current cast now. At first I was upset because I didn’t think I’d like it after Delaney, Pam and Roxie left the show, but it’s not bad with Brooke and all the other new people. DON’T cancel. Now my Sundays will be sooo mundane…….I hope it’s revived….

Comment by J – September 30, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sure, any cancellation can still be sad, but seven seasons is a great run.

Comment by wordsmith – September 24, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please leave one of the best shows on TV in your lineup.

Comment by Laurie – September 24, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such a shame but expected. A lot of people wouldn’t give the new cast a chance and just stopped watching. I enjoyed the fresh faces. Nice that we’ll get an appropriate good-bye. Most canceled shows don’t bother as we all know.

Comment by wrstlgirl – September 24, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did it have a closed ending at least? I hate when shows end after seven seasons without a proper finale. I feel for fans.

Comment by Jinjeon – September 24, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Per the article, “A two-hour retrospective special featuring the show’s cast will air early next year.” I hope that means they’ll tie up any loose ends!

Comment by Marty_Mart – September 24, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Unfortunately a retrospective special with the cast means that the cast will look back on the 7 seasons, not that they’ll film a special ending. Perhaps they’ll do what the show October Road did and film a special ending for a DVD release?

Comment by Ashlee – September 24, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It seems that those who make the decisions to keep or cancel programs don’t watch them!! Army Wives helped us non military viewers realize what sacrifices both the soldiers and the families make while serving our country. It brought their lives home to us. Now I suppose it will be replaced by another silly sitcom or a cop show in another big city. Which city is left? What about Stockton , CA. It has a very high crime rate and was one of the Nations first cities to go bankrupt. Now that would be interesting. Cops volunteering to work to keep their town safe !!! You choose !! Which show is better than Army Wives?

Comment by Rena – September 24, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really, when you think of Lifetime you think of sitcoms and cop shows? I think more of Drop Dead Diva, The Client List, Devious Maids, etc. Lifetime has it’s flaws, but not knowing who their audience consists of isn’t one of them.

Comment by Christy – September 24, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It really is a shame but once we lost the main character and everyone started dispersing. i wasnt interested anymore.

Comment by Terry – September 24, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was never a big Claudia Joy fan, but i think the lack of Claudia Joy’s appearance and eventual death, the departure of Roxie, Pam and Roland… All that together, killed it. The new cast was well casted, just not the people I came to see.

Comment by Jules – September 24, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with this post. Roxie and Pam were the characters I missed most. Roland was more important than Claudia Joy to me. Her character was sort of overbearing to me as is the Jackie character. Hope there is some resolution to the folks left on the program.

Comment by Shirl Morris – September 24, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I also miss Roxie & Pam. Never did like Claudia Joy in this show or other shows. The new characters just didn’t have the same connection as the original characters. Also too much of last year was on Claudia Joy’s death. Have always loved Catherine Bell in all of her shows. Didn’t think Brooke Shields fit into the show as well as the other characters. Also never really liked the character that took Roxie’s place in the show.

Comment by Glenda Shade – September 25, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I think had they had Roxie and Pamela and Roland integrated with the new cast more and it was more of a gradual departure, after fans were used to and invested in the new characters, then it would have been more successful.

Comment by Ashlee – September 24, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT!!!!! My daughter and I LOVE that show. I’m really really sad :(

Comment by Karen A. McPeake – September 24, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad there will be a retrospective! I suppose I can be consoled by that thought.

Comment by Robin – September 24, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully, this means someone will snap up Catherine Bell. A great actress I would enjoy seeing again. Heck, I’m thinking a JAG reunion on NCIS would make my year.

Comment by Jimmy – September 24, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that’s an excellent suggestion. The J A G marathon was wonderful last Sunday. I love both shows.

Comment by Anne – September 25, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh man, she would be an excellent replacement for Ziva!

Comment by Jessica Peterson – September 26, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well everyone that’s a fan knew that once Kim Delaney left that the show would go downhill afterwards. Her character was the center of the show…just think when all got a bit crazy everyone would go to Claudia Joy Holden. When the other characters “Roxy” and “Pam” left was also a blow to the show since they humanize what it was like to be a “Army Wife”. I lost interest in the show soon after…..these characters left.

Comment by Dahlssoc1 – September 24, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It wasn’t the same after Kim Delaney’s and Sally Pressman’s departures. Still, I blame “The Client List.” Lifetime got so revved up promoting the crap out of that silly series, they really gave “Army Wives” the short shrift.

Comment by Joe R – September 24, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you kidding?-very good show and meaningful for the times. Reconsider Lifetime!

Comment by dd – September 24, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with dd. Loved the show, upset with the cancellation. looking forward to watching the two hour ending.

Comment by trena – October 6, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Going to miss a great show – Catherine Bell left Jag with a one year contract still in effect- Maybe it will still be good and will get her to appear on NCIS to fill this contract. Love to see her there – a terrific actress.

Comment by Marie – September 24, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Catherine Bell didn’t leave Jag. She was there until the final episode. Once CBS cancelled the series and they filmed the final episode any years left on that contract ceased to exist.

Comment by Tim – September 25, 2013 12:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great series. Great cast. A tribute to our millitary, thank god there are some hollywood producers and writters who honour our america heroes through a TV series.

Comment by Gladys Amaya – September 24, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Praying that another network picks up the show. The acting and storylines were outstanding. This show was refreshing because the subject matter was relevent, the acting was incredible and there was nothing like it on TV. Someone please pick it up!!!

Comment by Goddess Drew – September 24, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you….I second that emotion………Please pick it up. Awesome show

Comment by J – September 30, 2013 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No surprise there after that horrible last/final season. I couldn’t make it past episode 3…

Comment by Jared – September 24, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand how everyone thinks Kim Delaney was so necessary to the show. I didn’t dislike her, but I feel like the Sally Pressman character was far more of a lead, if you want to say there was one. This show was actually a great ensemble piece and I was hoping the cast changes would help it move forward, as big shifts in relationships are one of the most integral parts of life on a military base.

Comment by dq18 – September 24, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not really surprised. I thought it lost its spark when 3 of the original Army Wives left the show. It’s good that they will do a retrospective though.

Comment by Laurie – September 24, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This ending is soooooo refreshing to see, compared to what A&E just did to The Glades fans! Kudos to Lifetime!!

Comment by Carolyn – September 24, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think one problem they had was SC got rid of some of the tax advantages of doing the show in Charleston.. Plus… ratings were down as many fans left with the departure of the original cast.. Not too shocked… As noted above may CB can show up on one of the NCIS shows like AJ did last season… The season ender last year seemed like a series finale anyway…

Comment by Doug H – September 24, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The story lines the past 2 seasons have been poor. Too many new characters and without Kim Delaney, not the same. Loved it in it’s hey day, but when Brigid Brannaugh left, a part of the show was gone to me also.

Comment by Teri – September 24, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really starting to like the new cast. I will miss it.

Comment by MAS – September 24, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel the same. I started liking the new cast also. So SAD.

Comment by J – September 30, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS WAS THE ONLY SHOW THAT I CARED ABOUT WATCHING ..
      IT’S VERY SAD TO ME I HAVE WATCHED EVERY SINGKE EPISODE
      SCENCE IT STARTED …

Comment by MKCAT5@COMCAST.NET – October 5, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lifetime you stink…

Comment by Renee – September 24, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did not like it when Pam left, but I got over it. Roxie and Trevor were my favorite couple on the show. I only watched the first episode of the new season because the previous season’s cliff hanger made it seem that that the plane full of soldiers had gone down. But, I hadn’t planned on watching anyway without Roxie and Trevor. So, once I saw Claudia Joy had died, I never watched it again. They got rid of almost all of the core cast that we had come to love. I realize it’s meant to be an accurate portrayal of military life and military families move all the time. But, I didn’t know or care about the new people. I didn’t care to get to know them either at that point.

Comment by Beth Woodrum – September 24, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked this show, but agree its time as come. When Pamela and Roxie left, the heart left this show too. I did like the new gals, but not as much as the original. I was never a Claudia Joy fan, so her death was meh for me.

Comment by GeoDiva – September 24, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sucks. The last season was great with all the new characters and no Claudia Joy to drag the show down. Yes, I missed Roxie but the new people were interesting and I was looking forward to getting to know them better. Well, I have no reason to watch Lifetime anymore.

Comment by Lauren – September 24, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Miss “Golden Boy”! Still hoping that somehow it can be revived. :(

Comment by Linda H – September 24, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show, I looked forward to watching it every week, I don’t want to see it go, it is alot better than some of the shows that are still on. I am very disappointed. I liked it even after Claudia Joy left the show. Please bring it back.

Comment by Doris Johnson – September 24, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now Torrey Devitto can come back to Pretty Little Liars

Comment by Jillian – September 24, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed the show and have been watching since it’s debut. I kind of figured they were going to cancel. It’s a shame because I thought the new cast this past season had some great storylines. But all series must come to an end

Comment by Kristi – September 24, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry to hear this. Ive been a fan since its debut. I will miss the characters and their story lines. So farewell to another good show….

Comment by Vickie W. – September 24, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very sad my family loves this show you really need to re think cancelling it!!! Its the best show on lifetime!!!!

Comment by kelly – September 24, 2013 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so loved Army Wives. All the seasons! Being prior military, I understood when new faces came on the show, its like that in real life. Its awkward at first, but then you find your groove, I think AW was trying to do the same. Such a shame to just cancel it. It felt like a real connection between everyone.

Comment by TMarie – September 24, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really bummed to hear this news. I was hoping no news was good news over the summer and that they’d decide to at least give it a final season, even if it was shortened. I really enjoyed the new characters and their stories in the 7th season. I never considered Claudia Joy the main character because the original group was such an ensemble so I still had an interest in the show after she died. I’d rather them make a special 2 hour movie to wrap things up instead of the retrospective.

Comment by Leticia – September 24, 2013 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lifetime has officially joined the stupid party just like ABC and Disney.

* ABC for Grey Anatomy and letting Shonda get rid of Chyler and Eric. Now Grey’s is ruined.

* Disney for cancelling Shake up & Good Luck Charlie

* Now Lifetime for cancelling Army Wives

Comment by Tiffany – September 24, 2013 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show,Great Cast.I HATE TO SEE IT GO..

Comment by Melinda – September 25, 2013 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was way past time. When the original cast began leaving, they should have had the stones to say, “Time to say good night.” Yes, Claudia Joy’s death was the final nail. Should have ended the show with season 6.

Comment by Bob Smith – September 25, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good riddance to the show. It was going far to the political left with agendas that had been avoided in the earlier seasons that made it so good. They were ruining this show just like Melrose Place was ruined decades ago. They went for the shock value, pushing leftist agendas and getting so far away from what made the show great. Again, good riddance to it for what it was becoming.

Comment by DilbertW01 – March 10, 2014 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sad that the show ended without closure for all of the characters. I hope Kim Delaney has had another recovery from her alcoholism. They wrote her out after she was drunk at a speaking appearance to honor the Military. Kim Delaney is a good actress, she just has her demons as a lot of people do. I think the show lost a lot of it’s main support when Roxy and her friend left the show. I can’t remember her name right now, the red headed lady. The two of them really showed the struggles military families have over finances and being away from family. Ashante’s character tried but it just wasn’t the same.
    Lifetime cancelled a show after one season Against the Wall about a family of Police Officers that I loved and was so invested in. I guess they just enjoy showing the repeats from 7 years ago of WifeSwap which are horrible. Thank you for atleast bringing Grey’s Anatomy back during the day.

Comment by kimski – September 25, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t read through but any hope of realism says it was time. I’d love to continue, but it has already beyond realism. No group of military families being somewhere that long. I love that show, but I think they’ve made the right choice. Don’t let another great show continue until it gets corny and desperate.

Comment by Kay – February 28, 2014 12:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pamela was the red head. I still do not know why it had to end. All programs are fictional and we could have just gone on pretending, reality is a state of mind. Just bring everyone back and also bring them back from the dead, let’s just start over, only different. I hate when a good show just ends for NOOOOOOOO reason. ;( Annae….things don’t always have to make sense ?

Comment by Annae – March 16, 2014 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post