Emmys

Emmys 2013: Your Burning Questions Answered!

Get More: Awards, Emmys, Photo Gallery

Every question of “Who will win?” has been answered regarding the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards. But a few dangling questions remain in the minds of viewers who watched CBS’ intermittently dreary telecast.

PHOTOS | Emmys 2013: Best and Worst Moments

Did Mindy Kaling suffer a teleprompter malfunction? When did the Best Actress in a Comedy winner find time to replace her acceptance speech with a comedy bit? And where in the heck was Laura Linney?

VIDEO | TVLine’s Emmy Red-Carpet Scoop and Spoilers From Your Favorite TV Stars

TVLine has resolutions to these queries and more in the gallery below. So click on through to douse the fiery itch of your burning questions, then hit the comments and pose any other mysteries you’d like solved!

Comments (17)

• My question is why Merritt Weaver didn’t give a speech?

Comment by Steven – September 23, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the poor thing was literally in shock. My guess is that she never thought in a million years he would win. I for one love her and her non-speech!

Comment by Lindsay – September 23, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry ‘she’ would win

Comment by Lindsay – September 23, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why wouldn’t Dr. Horrible invite Captain Hammer to sing along with him?

Comment by Amber – September 23, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY DIDN’T KERRY WASHINGTON WIN THAT IS MY QUESTION ALSO AMY POHLER ALSO SARAH PAULSON (sorry for caps im uoset).

Comment by rex – September 23, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Washington didn’t win because there were better people in her category.

Comment by Alex – September 23, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rex, I am right there with you. There was NO ONE better in Kerry’s category for sure.

Comment by scorpo – September 23, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t believe that the random guy standing there was planned… Ha ha.

Comment by Babybop – September 23, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha, totally agree with you. I was just coming to write the same thing. No way was that planned.

Comment by jen – September 23, 2013 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He was one of the writers and it was planned.

Comment by TV Gord – September 23, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My only question is: who bribed who to take this Emmy from Kerry Washington? I’ve watched both, Homeland and Scandal, and many, many times during Homeland I have to suppress the need to cringe at Claire Danes’ overacting. She always looks unhinged, even when she doesn’t have to be. It’s like there’s only one tone she can sustain. I mean, I think she’s great and everything but did the Emmy voters really have a chance to sample Kerry’s work? The woman is flawless in her execution. I could never believe such a small person can look so big. She fills the screen with her presence, even when she’s vulnerable and small. You can’t see anything else. Just one twitch and you know where she’s going emotionally. It’s rather mesmerizing And I had never been a Kerry fan before, whereas I have been a Claire Danes fan since she did Little Women. Anywho, I just think it’s a shame that t his was taken from Kerry. Add to that the lack of diversity that permeated the show and it really doesn’t look good.

Comment by Babygate – September 23, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Many viewers do not understand the Emmy process. Actors generally submit one episode (or a brief clip reel) of their show for consideration. In many cases this is all that many voters see when deciding who to vote for as they do not watch entire seasons of a show. Acting winners Danes and Daniels had showcase episodes that were individually riveting even though those episodes did not necessarily reflect the quality of the entire season of their work. In the case of Danes, it was the episode “Q&A” that rightly won the late Henry Bromell the Emmy for best writing in a drama. That was one of the best episodes of television ever produced. That’s likely what helped her win. Kerry Washington sizzles in a fairly soapy show and she’s great in it. She anchors it in fact but watching a singular episode of the show would not necessarily make that evident to someone who does not regularly watch the series.

Comment by Frank – September 23, 2013 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Julia Louis and Tony Hale was the best Emmy moment since Amy Poehler brought up all the comedy actress nominees a few years back when Mellissa McCarthy won. of course there have been many stellar moments in between, but that’s a true comedy actress right there, always looking for the next great bit.

Comment by cjeffery7 – September 23, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOVED that bit! I’ve only seen Veep a couple of times, but JLD is awesome. The fact that Tony Hale had won prior made it even better. I was pulling for Bill Hader in the supporting actor category, but I’m just glad that someone from Modern Family (or the horrible Girls) didn’t win.

Comment by Aprilcot – September 24, 2013 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about the Jimmy Fallon mic. height thing?

Comment by Amy – September 23, 2013 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was clearly a joke… well I guess not that clearly.

Comment by Amy – September 23, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was I seeing things, or did Melissa McCarthy give an acceptance speech, I looked to see if she was in the running?

Comment by Kathleen – September 28, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post