Exclusive

Exclusive: Suits Recruits Gabriel Macht's Father to Go Head-to-Head With Harvey

Suits Stephen MachtSuits is staging a real-life family reunion.

Stephen Macht, father to the show’s leading man Gabriel Macht, will guest-star on the hit USA Network series, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Suits Season 3 Spoilers — EP Aaron Korsh on Louis’ Surprise Discovery

The veteran actor will appear in Episode 2 of Season 3’s winter run as Professor Gerard, a longtime Harvard Law prof who is notorious for his high standards and rigid ways.

“He plays an integral role in one of the through-line storylines in the back 6 [episodes],” executive producer Aaron Korsh tells TVLine. “He does not have a positive history with Harvey Specter. They have a conflictual scene.”

RELATED | Suits Casts Michael Phelps for Season 3 Winter Premiere Cameo

Stephen Macht’s many TV credits include General Hospital, Boston Public, Jack & Jill, The Practice, Murder, She Wrote and Cagney & Lacey.

Excited about this Macht Vs. Macht development? Sound off in the comments!

1. Hope Harvey is going to have some “daddy issues”.

2. Theo says:

That will be different… Seeing Harvey go up against his professor while knowing it’s Gabriel who has to pretend to be in conflict with his dad… Acting it will be fun for him and his dad I’m sure but it’s meta without being meta…

3. Eric says:

Episode 2 of the second half of season 3*

4. Tony says:

What? A lawyer that has past, personal issues with Harvey? What a twist!

But I still watch every episode.

5. Katie says:

Well Stephen Macht himself has some experience playing a ruthless lawyer, so this makes me actually want to see that episode. Guessing the through-line storyline he has to do with is Mike didn’t really go to Harvard storyline?

The guest stars they have lined up make me want to watch the remaining episodes, it’s too bad Scottie is around though, I dislike her character SO much.

6. Maris says:

I never would’ve guessed they were related! Anyway, I’m excited about the second part of this season, the first part felt a little too dragged out for me though so hopefully this one will be more interesting

7. Michelle Henshaw says:

I think it’s great. Both Macht men are excellent actors and watching them together will be fun. Can’t wait to see the blooper reel from Season 3 should be hilarious! Now if they could add Jesse Macht to the show too that would be awesome!

8. Amrit says:

Harvey is going to ask the professor to insert a file for Mike. I reckon that Harvey will blackmail the professor to do this so he can finally protect and legitimise Mike’s credentials.

I hope that is what happens at least.

9. Nichole says:

Who was it that played Harvey’s dad in the recent 10yrs ago episode then?? The scene was at a batting cage sort of thing I think