Justified Promotes Jere Burns to Series Regular

Justified Season 5Justified‘s fifth season is going to be made of Wynn.

Jere Burns, who has recurred as the hilariously crooked Wynn Duffy since the show’s launch, has been promoted to a series regular ahead of Season 5, TVLine has confirmed.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

The news was first reported by Deadline.

Burns recently wrapped an arc on A&E’s Bates Motel.

As reported in this week’s Ask Ausiello, Justified‘s fifth season will find Timothy Olyphant’s Raylan squaring off against another creepy crime family. However, unlike Season 2’s Bennett clan, led by Margo Martindale’s Mags, the central figure this time around is a man — the charismatic and ruthless Dale.

1. benny says:

Yes, I love Wynn Duffy, can’t wait for the new season, one of the best shows out there.

2. B says:

Can
    Not
    Wait
    I’ll always miss Mags though…

3. B says:

I love Wynn but a lot of times plots involving him really confuse me. I don’t know. I’m probably watching too passively, but I just feel like when Wynn’s around it’s crowded. Raylan’s up to something. Boyd is. Ava or Winona might be. Wynn might be. Tim might The “big bad” is. Sometimes these things might mix but they don’t always fit well together for me. That being said, it makes the show crazy and fun and enhances re-watchs.

• FatherOctavian says:

Wynn Duffy’s job the last couple seasons has been to be the audience surrogate, who expresses more or less exactly what the audience is thinking. His reaction shots when something really twisted happens are just classic.

• Pat D. says:

Greatest Wynn scene ever—-when his mole gets blown away right next to Wynn on the couch, and he doesnt even flinch.

• Charles says:

No, I think the greatest Wynn scene was the look on his face when Quarles had the guy tied up in the house and then proceeded to go inside, close the door, and beat the hell out of him.

4. Allie says:

Yay!! Love this character!

5. april-ann says:

I’ve loved this actor since he was a Dear John scene stealer. This show’s casting has got to be one of the very best out there.

6. Znachki says:

As long as the Tim and Rachel characters get a chance to shine, this will be awesome!

• aunt_deen says:

I am thrilled whenever Tim and/or Rachel appear. And I’m firmly of the opinion that they’ve been a couple for at least two seasons.

• what! says:

Yea, I can see that happening but I saw something going on between Rachel and Raylan last season. At least on Rachel’s end something was brewing :)

• Pat D. says:

Agreed, Tim is highly underrated—his sardonic delivery owns every scene he’s in—often mocking the outlandishness of Raylan’s plans.

7. what! says:

More Duffy! It’s going to be interesting to see Wynn and Boyd working together. There are so many great characters on this show, love it! And Burns was great and creepy in Bates Motel.

8. Dizzle says:

A. Mah. Zing!

9. ZigZagZoey says:

Yippee! If only to see those magnificent eyebrows and forehead! I kinda love how it looks, it cracks me up.

10. Geo says:

Jere Burns is one of the few actors who can play really nice guys, really mean guys, and really, really seriously creepy guys and still be convincing as all of those types. Glad he’s got a regular gig!

11. Alan says:

so is burns eyebrows/forehead going to get its own separate credit? could not love this decision anymore, wynn duffy has been one of the real highlights of the last few seasons, his reaction shots are pure gold.

12. Nancy says:

Find a role for GERALD MCRANEY PLEASE????!!!!!! When does JUSTIFIED return please?

13. barbara monroe says:

my mom and dad were raised in harlan,ky love the show my mom has 99 acers a mountain for sale that would make a good location it is about the mountain and the people.