Justified Promotes Jere Burns to Series Regular

Get More: Casting News

Justified Season 5Justified‘s fifth season is going to be made of Wynn.

Jere Burns, who has recurred as the hilariously crooked Wynn Duffy since the show’s launch, has been promoted to a series regular ahead of Season 5, TVLine has confirmed.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

The news was first reported by Deadline.

Burns recently wrapped an arc on A&E’s Bates Motel.

As reported in this week’s Ask Ausiello, Justified‘s fifth season will find Timothy Olyphant’s Raylan squaring off against another creepy crime family. However, unlike Season 2′s Bennett clan, led by Margo Martindale’s Mags, the central figure this time around is a man — the charismatic and ruthless Dale.

Comments (20)

• Yes, I love Wynn Duffy, can’t wait for the new season, one of the best shows out there.

Comment by benny – September 18, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can
    Not
    Wait
    I’ll always miss Mags though…

Comment by B – September 18, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah Mags was a great character in this series!!! Loved her….

Comment by NCNTRL – November 4, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Wynn but a lot of times plots involving him really confuse me. I don’t know. I’m probably watching too passively, but I just feel like when Wynn’s around it’s crowded. Raylan’s up to something. Boyd is. Ava or Winona might be. Wynn might be. Tim might The “big bad” is. Sometimes these things might mix but they don’t always fit well together for me. That being said, it makes the show crazy and fun and enhances re-watchs.

Comment by B – September 18, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wynn Duffy’s job the last couple seasons has been to be the audience surrogate, who expresses more or less exactly what the audience is thinking. His reaction shots when something really twisted happens are just classic.

Comment by FatherOctavian – September 18, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Greatest Wynn scene ever—-when his mole gets blown away right next to Wynn on the couch, and he doesnt even flinch.

Comment by Pat D. – September 19, 2013 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, I think the greatest Wynn scene was the look on his face when Quarles had the guy tied up in the house and then proceeded to go inside, close the door, and beat the hell out of him.

Comment by Charles – September 19, 2013 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!! Love this character!

Comment by Allie – September 18, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve loved this actor since he was a Dear John scene stealer. This show’s casting has got to be one of the very best out there.

Comment by april-ann – September 18, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as the Tim and Rachel characters get a chance to shine, this will be awesome!

Comment by Znachki – September 18, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am thrilled whenever Tim and/or Rachel appear. And I’m firmly of the opinion that they’ve been a couple for at least two seasons.

Comment by aunt_deen – September 18, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yea, I can see that happening but I saw something going on between Rachel and Raylan last season. At least on Rachel’s end something was brewing :)

Comment by what! – September 18, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, Tim is highly underrated—his sardonic delivery owns every scene he’s in—often mocking the outlandishness of Raylan’s plans.

Comment by Pat D. – September 19, 2013 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More Duffy! It’s going to be interesting to see Wynn and Boyd working together. There are so many great characters on this show, love it! And Burns was great and creepy in Bates Motel.

Comment by what! – September 18, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A. Mah. Zing!

Comment by Dizzle – September 19, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yippee! If only to see those magnificent eyebrows and forehead! I kinda love how it looks, it cracks me up.

Comment by ZigZagZoey – September 19, 2013 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jere Burns is one of the few actors who can play really nice guys, really mean guys, and really, really seriously creepy guys and still be convincing as all of those types. Glad he’s got a regular gig!

Comment by Geo – September 19, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so is burns eyebrows/forehead going to get its own separate credit? could not love this decision anymore, wynn duffy has been one of the real highlights of the last few seasons, his reaction shots are pure gold.

Comment by Alan – September 19, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Find a role for GERALD MCRANEY PLEASE????!!!!!! When does JUSTIFIED return please?

Comment by Nancy – September 28, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my mom and dad were raised in harlan,ky love the show my mom has 99 acers a mountain for sale that would make a good location it is about the mountain and the people.

Comment by barbara monroe – January 14, 2014 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post