The Mindy Project Scoop: Happy Endings' Adam Pally Upped to Series Regular

Get More: Casting News

blog_adam_mindy2Adam Pally’s Mindy Project gig is off to a very happy beginning: The Happy Endings vet has already been promoted to a series regular, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Happy Endings EPs Reveal What Would’ve Happened in Season 4

As first reported over the summer by TVLine, Pally — who originally signed on for an arc — will play a doctor at the OB/GYN practice where Mindy Kaling’s titular character works.

His first episode is slated to air on Oct. 1.

Comments (22)

• Now all we need is Zach Knighton on “Brooklyn-Nine-Nine” for Fox Tuesday night “Happy Endings” tic-tac-toe!

Comment by LinWood – September 18, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be awesome. I could see him playing one of Andy Samberg’s friends. Or a criminal.

Comment by Zach – September 18, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Casey Wilson (Penny) seems like she’d make a good BFF to Mindys character. I could totally see that.

Comment by blozo – September 18, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m just surprised Mindy has friends in the first place. She’s not a very likable person. And her obsession with rom coms is seriously disturbing. I’d like to see a psych eval for that character.

Comment by Zach – September 18, 2013 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I like Mindy a lot and I’d totally be friends with her in real life.

Comment by Ari – September 19, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Except you’re not a celeb so she wouldn’t be friends with you. Have you seen her twitter? Endless tweeting about all the famous people she’s friends with. I had to stop following because I was like, “ok, I get it! famous people like you” Nothing ever insightful which was a shame because her book was great.

Comment by DV – September 19, 2013 08:18 AM PDT
        • That’s the whole point about it. She’s not likeable, thus bad things happen to her. It’s the kind of humor Sunny in Philly uses, but nobody gets it. Glee also used the same resource earlier in the series, when Rachel was full of herself and was contatly getting bashed.

Comment by Claudia – September 19, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch TMP but I’m happy for Adam.

Comment by Dick Whitman – September 18, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. He’s swell.

Comment by Mark – September 18, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay, hopefully his character lives up to the hype. Love Pally so I’m excited.

Comment by Mike R. – September 18, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could his character just be Max? Because I could totally see Max pretending to be a doctor.

Comment by Mandy – September 18, 2013 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be seriously awesome

Comment by KND – September 18, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • umm no, that would be ah-maazing! :D

Comment by Priyam – September 18, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still sad about Happy Endings. Didn’t deserve to get canceled because of “ratings” after three seasons on ABC. :-(

Comment by Flacco Kaepernick – September 18, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Teag – September 18, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy for Adam having a full time job on the show. I can’t wait to see him on the show.

Comment by Joey – September 18, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adam deserves a hit show and given Mindy’s ratings last night this is not it.

Comment by Steven – September 18, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well given how he was on a show that’s been axed, I’m pretty sure he’s fine with the ratings of anything with a pulse. He deserves to work. A hit show is not something one “deserves.” That’s just a sign that the audience enjoys it in sizable numbers. Since when does that mean you’re doing good work? Adam would probably like to do work he’s proud of, and if you were a fan, you’d root for The Mindy Project to succeed instead of talking it down like you know anything. Plenty of shows that became hits weren’t their first year. Community arguably never made it there and still they endure. If you saw the show, you’d know it deserves to be higher rated than it is.

Comment by S. – September 18, 2013 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The first episode has been available online for a while so that could help explain the numbers. The numbers for the next episode should be more indicative of the actual numbers.

Comment by Truth Bomb – September 19, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Although I wish it was just “Max” on this show, but I love Adam Pally and will watch him in anything.

Comment by neha – September 18, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love me some happy news for the happy endings cast :)

Comment by schu – September 19, 2013 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post