The Mindy Project Scoop: Happy Endings' Adam Pally Upped to Series Regular

blog_adam_mindy2Adam Pally’s Mindy Project gig is off to a very happy beginning: The Happy Endings vet has already been promoted to a series regular, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Happy Endings EPs Reveal What Would’ve Happened in Season 4

As first reported over the summer by TVLine, Pally — who originally signed on for an arc — will play a doctor at the OB/GYN practice where Mindy Kaling’s titular character works.

His first episode is slated to air on Oct. 1.

1. LinWood says:

Now all we need is Zach Knighton on “Brooklyn-Nine-Nine” for Fox Tuesday night “Happy Endings” tic-tac-toe!

• Zach says:

That would be awesome. I could see him playing one of Andy Samberg’s friends. Or a criminal.

• blozo says:

Casey Wilson (Penny) seems like she’d make a good BFF to Mindys character. I could totally see that.

• Zach says:

I’m just surprised Mindy has friends in the first place. She’s not a very likable person. And her obsession with rom coms is seriously disturbing. I’d like to see a psych eval for that character.

• Ari says:

I like Mindy a lot and I’d totally be friends with her in real life.

• DV says:

Except you’re not a celeb so she wouldn’t be friends with you. Have you seen her twitter? Endless tweeting about all the famous people she’s friends with. I had to stop following because I was like, “ok, I get it! famous people like you” Nothing ever insightful which was a shame because her book was great.

• Claudia says:

That’s the whole point about it. She’s not likeable, thus bad things happen to her. It’s the kind of humor Sunny in Philly uses, but nobody gets it. Glee also used the same resource earlier in the series, when Rachel was full of herself and was contatly getting bashed.

2. Dick Whitman says:

I don’t watch TMP but I’m happy for Adam.

3. Mark says:

Awesome. He’s swell.

4. Mike R. says:

Yay, hopefully his character lives up to the hype. Love Pally so I’m excited.

5. Mandy says:

Could his character just be Max? Because I could totally see Max pretending to be a doctor.

6. Still sad about Happy Endings. Didn’t deserve to get canceled because of “ratings” after three seasons on ABC. :-(

7. Joey says:

Happy for Adam having a full time job on the show. I can’t wait to see him on the show.

8. Steven says:

Adam deserves a hit show and given Mindy’s ratings last night this is not it.

• S. says:

Well given how he was on a show that’s been axed, I’m pretty sure he’s fine with the ratings of anything with a pulse. He deserves to work. A hit show is not something one “deserves.” That’s just a sign that the audience enjoys it in sizable numbers. Since when does that mean you’re doing good work? Adam would probably like to do work he’s proud of, and if you were a fan, you’d root for The Mindy Project to succeed instead of talking it down like you know anything. Plenty of shows that became hits weren’t their first year. Community arguably never made it there and still they endure. If you saw the show, you’d know it deserves to be higher rated than it is.

• Truth Bomb says:

The first episode has been available online for a while so that could help explain the numbers. The numbers for the next episode should be more indicative of the actual numbers.

9. neha says:

Yay! Although I wish it was just “Max” on this show, but I love Adam Pally and will watch him in anything.

10. schu says:

Love me some happy news for the happy endings cast :)

11. Sarah says: