Exclusive

Exclusive: Prison Break Baddie Robert Knepper Lands on NBC's Blacklist

The Blacklist Cast Robert Knepper James Spader & Co. are going to attempt what the Fox River bulls could never quite do — hunt down Robert Knepper.

TVLine has learned that the Prison Break favorite has landed on NBC’s The Blacklist, playing the FBI’s target in the fifth episode of the season.

RELATED | Is Blacklist’s Big Secret Already Out? How Super Can S.H.I.E.L.D. Be? A Scandalous Hostages Hook-Up? And More Questions About the Fall’s New Shows

Premiering next Monday at 10/9c, The Blacklist stars Spader as Raymond “Red” Reddington, a Most Wanted criminal mastermind who surrenders himself to the FBI with one mysterious caveat — he will help them track down other VIP BAMFs on his “blacklist,” but only if he works with newbie agent Elizabeth Keene (played by Megan Boone).

RELATED | Read TVLine’s First Impression of NBC’s The Blacklist

Knepper joins a Season 1 guest star roster that already includes Isabella Rossellini (Blue Velvet), Tom Noonan (Damages), Jane Alexander (Tell Me You Love Me) and Clifton Collins Jr. (The Event).

“We’ve had some real kick-ass people come on,” cast member Diego Klattenhoff (who plays FBI Agent Donald Ressler) noted at NBC’s fall TV launch party Monday night. “Everybody’s really responding to the material. It’s so well-crafted and smart.”

RELATED | Fall TV Poll: Monday — Rick Castle Vs. James Spader and Other DVR Dilemmas

In addition to his role as slithery Theodore “T-Bag” Bagwell (which he reprised on A&E’s Breakout Kings), Knepper’s TV credits include The CW’s one-and-done Cult, Heroes and Criminal Minds.

1. SetPhasersToLoveMe says:

T-BAG!

2. JJM says:

Anddddddd it’s canceled.

3. The Blacklist looks phenomenal. James Spader is amazing.

4. And Stargate Universe, though his role there was very, very lame.

Too bad he can’t be T-Bag in this one too.

5. Joey says:

Glad he’s guest starring on the show. I can’t wait to see him on the show.

6. Kerricatt says:

I’m really looking forward to this show, James Spader is amazing!! I’ve missed him since Boston Legal. : ( This role on TBL seems perfect for him, can’t wait!

7. So excited for The Blacklist when it premiers in just six days. It has a lot of potential and I really hope that it’s going to get a full season pick up by NBC because it has a great follow up with The Voice on Monday nights so be prepared and fingers crossed. :-)

8. Sara says:

And I just got interested in watching the show, or at least the 5th episode. Don’t get me wrong, some of the new shows look good, but I’m tired of shows getting cancelled that I just don’t bother with them

9. I miss Cult says:

Robert Knepper is one of my favorite villians. He was the best part of Cult. Glad to see he’s keeping busy (and evil).

10. liz says:

fantastic!!!!

11. GeekGirl13 says:

12. Evelyn Geimausaddle says:

Love that “Baddie” Ooh he just has that certain something. He just oozes with badness. Very sexay vile badness. He can smile & you just know he’s going to throw you down. But James Spader is just as bad too. I wish Mr. Spader, the cast & crew alot of luck with this show. I know I’ll be watching. I have to take a cold shower now. Baddie.

13. Bob says:

Yo, Knepper can’t keep being Tbag all the time for you wanks out there. That dude can act, so glad he’s doing other things…