Emmys

Emmys 2013: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series? Take Our Poll!

emmys-best-supporting-actor-2013The last two men to take home the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series will go toe-to-toe for the statuette this Sunday — but four other fellas are hoping voters will spread the wealth.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

Breaking Bad‘s Aaron Paul (a winner in 2010 and 2012, but inelligible in 2011) will try to make it a hat trick, while 2011 champ Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones) hopes the game of “pass the Emmy back and forth” continues. The only other actor in the race who was also nominated in 2012 is Downton Abbey‘s Jim Carter.

RELATED | Emmys 2013: Who Should Win Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series? Take Our Poll!

The three newcomers to the Supporting Actor in a Drama wars are Bobby Cannavale (Boardwalk Empire), Mandy Patinkin (Homeland) and Paul’s colleague Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad). (Banks, incidentally, also scored a nod in this category back in 1989, when he starred on Wiseguy.)

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine actors when the Emmys are handed out? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite — TVLine voting closes Sept. 20, so act now! — then hit the comments to justify your pick!

Tomorrow, we’ll launch another “Who Should Win?” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com every day to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honor. And to stay up to speed on all our Emmy polls, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Roberta says:

No question. Aaron Paul. If you are not a part of Breaking Bad, don’t bother
    attending the Emmys.

2. Mike R. says:

So many great choices, but Aaron Paul has the next two years locked IMO for his performance on Breaking bad.

3. Lucky says:

Most of these actors are derserving of the Emmy, but it has to go to Aaron Paul. He is an extraordinary actor and derserves every accolade out there and a hugely successful career

4. Whitewalker says:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau!

Yrah, I’m still bitter.

• Jules says:

haha, me, too.
      well not bitter, but he would definitely have deserved to get at least a nod, but then there are so many good actors on GoT and I’m sad that they can’t nominate them for the “main” actor categories, because getting only Dinklage in the supporting does not reflect the entire great cast (though, yes he is one of the best).
      Especially this year with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau who all season long was fantastic as Jaime.

5. Sonic says:

Whilst Aaron Paul was his usual brilliant self, Jonathan Banks stole the first half of season 5. Paul is the current favourite for next year. A Breaking Bad split could let Mandy Patinkin sneak the win. Jim Carter rode the Downton bandwagon this year, he is in last place.

6. Lisa says:

I’d love to Banks get it this year for how humbly he played Mike til the end. AP is pretty much already locked for next year so it’d be cool to see someone else from the best show of the modern era be recognized

7. Valerie Tower says:

Hands down Aaron Paul….although Johnathan Banks would be a close second.
    Breaking Bad is going down in TV history as the best series ever.

8. Nicole says:

Aaron Paul has the momentum, obviously, but seriously…Mandy Patinkin? Peter Dinklage? The fact that neither of those two are locks just shows what a great year it’s been for television.

9. Steven says:

I’m gonna go with Jonathan Banks just because he can’t be nominated again and Aaron Paul is sure to win next year.

10. Ron says:

This is probably one of the toughest categories. My vote goes to Jonathan, because I honestly don’t think the first 8 of BB’s 5th season was Aaron’s best. That’s not to say he didn’t do phenomenally, because obviously he did. But I found myself more captivated with Jonathan than Aaron. And after the episodes we have seen of the back 8 of BB, Aaron is SURE to win next year, because there will NOT be any better acting by a supporting actor than what Aaron has done in the back 8. After Jonathan, my runner up would be Bobby. I thought he was great. A close runner up is Mandy. Geez, I don’t know. This category is ridiculously difficult.

• GregK says:

Agree that Banks deserves it because his performances were so memorable, and BB fans totally miss him after he was killed off for such seemingly trivial reasons. Aaron deserves it too (just for his “yeah magnets, b***ch” episode alone) and hope the vote does not get split.

11. Shaun Ed says:

Tatiana Maslany.

12. Joey says:

Joanthan Banks since it was his last run on the show. Aaron Paul will win next year for his great performance in the final episodes.

13. Kat says:

Aaron has said he wants Jonathan to win, and I couldn’t agree more. Aaron submitted a comedic performance of his (Jesse’s dinner scene with Walt and Skyler), so I don’t think he’s a lock this year anyway.

14. Sally says:

Peter Dinklage. He has been amazing this season.

15. Aprilcot says:

I came here to gripe about Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as well. He was *incredible* this season. The fact that he makes me want to forgive a person as terrible as Jaime Lannister says a lot about his skill. I think the Emmys really botched their nominations from GoT this year. Emilia Clarke over Michelle Fairley was a travesty. I’ll be throwing my weight behind Peter Dinklage.

16. Whatever says:

Jonathan Banks B*tch !
    Jonathan did a phenomenal job in 1st half of the season for Mike’s send off. Mike was one of my favorite characters on BB.
    Aaron Paul would be my 2nd choice this year but he should win next year for BB final Emmy.
    Lets just hope Jessie gets away from Todd…

17. elaine1014 says:

Why was Aaron Paul in eligible for 2011?

18. My daughter lindsey is Mandy patinkins biggest fan and I lke him to he’s really great when he does his broadway thing or off broadway and my daughter and I woul like to vote for him online for best supporting actor in a drama series bug we don’t know how so “Mandy hills”