Fall TV Preview

Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Rumple's Visit to Neverland Comes With a Threat From Peter Pan

Welcome to Neverland. Feel free to put down roots — but don’t mess with Peter Pan.

That’s the warning Rumple gets from Lost Boy Felix in the following first look at Once Upon a Time‘s Season 3 premiere (airing Sept. 29), and things only get uglier from there.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Once Upon a Time and 44 Other Returning Faves

“If you’re here for the boy, that makes you Pan’s enemy,” declares Felix. “If you go against him, you will not survive.”

Then for the emotional kicker, Peter’s messenger passes on something from Rumple’s past that brings The Dark One to tears!

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season 3 Spoilers on ‘Home Office’

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (30)

• That was more Mr. Gold than Rumpel.

Comment by topoopon – September 16, 2013 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Indeed. I actually found it rather disconcerting to watch. It was more Mr. Gold trying to act like someone he used to be but wasn’t anymore.
      It makes me wonder if he really is still The Dark One or if he has slowly been losing that part of him without even realizing it.

Comment by writingmyownway – September 16, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Season 3 is supposed to be about everyone figuring out who they really are. Putting Mr. Gold in this environment where he has to go back to being the Dark One for the sake of Henry is really going to show how being merely human for 28 years has changed him.

Comment by carrionne – September 16, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly! It wouldn’t make sense to see him portrayed exactly like he was in Fairytale Land past. They are going to Neverland in PRESENT day and after the first season finale, these characters became aware of their dual identities. It’ll really be interesting seeing Rumple try to return to his so-called dark glory days and seeing whether or not he can really be the powerful man and Dark One he once was.

Comment by abz – September 16, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if Rumpel was a lost boy at some point. Would explain a lot.

Comment by Rachael – September 16, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it a sneak peek at season 3 or a look back at D23?

Comment by Jennifer – September 16, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^ This. It was on all of the OUAT spoiler sites a month ago. All of those “likes” and this is what they give us? Uncool.

Comment by ej – September 16, 2013 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 hours premiere?

Comment by Douglas from Brazil – September 16, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Could that scene have looked like it was filmed on set anymore? Usually the show looks good…that was just a very poorly designed set.

Comment by Eric – September 16, 2013 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With OUAT, their CGI hasn’t always been the best (especially the castle scenes in Fairytale Land, but I get that they’re on a budget and can’t be like the movies so I’ve learned to let go of it in favor of the acting and plot. Hopefully thought they can improve it.

Comment by abz – September 16, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • just my thoughts. Agree.

Comment by Laterna – September 25, 2013 02:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, at some point I thought that when Rumple, Charming, Regina and Snow went back to Neverland, they would look like when they did back in the Enchanted Forest xD I don’t think this is in the past, but once they’re already in Neverland no?

Comment by diaratil – September 16, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i think if that were the case, show wouldn’t have still had her mary margaret look when she and emma were in the enchanted forest.

Comment by Grace – September 16, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The thing is he’s in Rumple clothes but hes in Mr. Gold’s skin.

Comment by topoopon – September 16, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I noticed that in the picture and wondered if anyone else noticed.

Comment by Daven – September 17, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I asume that the doll either is something about Rumples Father or that he thought Bae to make these dolls, and how he is dead it´s cry wordy!

Comment by Maki – September 16, 2013 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That clip showed promise, that season 3 can recover from some of the problems of season 2, but then again Gold was not an issue in season 2.

Comment by Mike R. – September 16, 2013 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow, that boy can’t act!

Comment by Jus – September 17, 2013 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to the new season!

Comment by Name That Tune – September 17, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s interesting that they’re having Peter Pan be a villain. I can’t wait to see how it plays out.

Comment by Mikael – September 17, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A darker side to Peter Pan?! I can definitely see that! And it would be a twist to a known character.

Comment by Eva Said – September 17, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been a HUGE fan of this show from the very first moments it began. I think the Mr. Gold/Rumple and Regina/Evil Queen are the ABSOLUTE BEST, FASCINATING characters to come along in many, MANY YEARS! I also think Regina in her Evil Queen persona is the HOTTEST, SEXIEST WOMAN I have ever seen. I also HATE Snow’s short, pixie hair cut. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, BRING BACK RUBY/RED RIDING HOOD, and give her much more screen time. The Evil Queen is sexy and Beautiful, but Ruby/Red is the definition of smoldering sensuality and the Goddess of pure Lust! I can’t wait for the new season to start! Mr. Gold/Rumple for PRESIDENT!!!!!!

Comment by chefz774 – September 17, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And yes, I know the actress who plays Ruby/Red has pretty much moved on to a different show and all, so you don’t need to tell me that. I’m only wishing out loud (or in type) they COULD/SHOULD bring her back with lots more screen time.

Comment by chefz774 – September 17, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t disagree with you. May I add that the one big gripe I have is that MRJ is TOTALLY wrong as Baelfire. 100% miscast. Period.

Comment by JCK – September 17, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder why Gold just didn’t use his powers on the lost boy, and get him to find Henry.

Makes me think if the characters are somehow powerless and have no magic in Neverland?

Comment by JR – September 17, 2013 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My wife and I watched last season and have lost interest. The show is full of powers that only work when plot demands, inconsistencies, and in general just poor writing. Great cast, good special effects but you can’t hold a series on the history of long loved fairy tales for too long with bad writing.

Comment by Tom hazel – September 18, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post