TVLine Items: Stockard Channing Revisits Good Wife, SVU Tackles Anthony Weiner and More
Alicia’s free-spirited mama is headed back to The Good Wife.
Stockard Channing has been tapped to reprise her memorable maternal role in an upcoming episode of the CBS procedural’s fifth season, the network announced Thursday.
Apartment 23 alumna Dreama Walker will also return to Good Wife, playing her malicious Season 2 alter ego Becca. Office vet Zach Woods, meanwhile, guest-stars as a mystery man named Jeff Dellinger.
The Good Wife‘s fifth season bows Sunday, Sept. 29 at 9/8c.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Anthony Weiner is getting the Law & Order: SVU treatment. Per Showbiz411.com, the NBC procedural will air a pulled-from-the-headlines installment later this season, centering on an Hispanic version of the controversial NY Mayoral candidate.
• Is Katie Couric gearing up to replace exiting View co-host Barbara Walters? “She is always welcome as a guest on The View and I was recently a guest on her show,” Walters said Friday, “but there is no truth to the rumor that she will be taking my place on The View.”
• The CW is developing a new series titled ZE, Deadline reports. The hour is a “raw and quirky” drama that follows a transgender teen and his family.
• Smash alum Andy Mientus will guest-star on an upcoming episode of Anger Management, TVLine has confirmed. He’ll play a potential love interest for Patrick, who’s portrayed by Mientus’ real-life partner Michael Arden.
• If you’re so inclined, check out the new promo touting former View host Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s addition to Fox & Friends.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?