Fall TV Preview

How I Met Your Mother Brings Back 'Karate Kid' William Zabka… for a Musical Surprise?

How I Met Your Mother Robin Daggers William ZabkaHere’s some news that will make Barney Stinson very happy: Karate Kid villain William Zabka will return to How I Met Your Mother — to team up with Robin Daggers?

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on How I Met Your Mother and 44 Other Returning Faves

Per EW.com, the actor — who had a cameo on the CBS comedy last season — will appear as himself in at least eight episodes of the ninth and final run, and will become Barney’s friend.

Star Cobie Smulders broke the news on Friday afternoon by posting the above photo of herself — in Robin Daggers mode, it appears — with Zabka. “Would you buy this band’s album?” she wrote.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Season 9 Spoilers — A Curse, a Bear, a Locket Twist and More

Does Robin Daggers have a secret history with the ’80s star? Or are they joining forces for a wedding surprise? As HIMYM fans know, Barney believes Zabka’s Johnny Lawrence to be the true hero of the 1984 film, so that would make one legendary gift.

Hit the comments with your theories/thoughts!

Comments (11)

• That episode in season 8 was brilliant so I am excited by this news.

Comment by Allison – September 13, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is surprising, but I think it’s cute that he and Barney are going to become friends.

Comment by Lynn – September 13, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should give him a cameo in the new Equalizer movie since he played the Equalizers son on TV.

Comment by Richard – September 13, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sfsfaf

Comment by TeresaAWillard (@TeresaAWillard) – September 13, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it! I always had a crush on him!

Comment by Lana – September 13, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. He was goodlast season. I can’t wait to see him again in the new season.

Comment by Joey – September 13, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What? At least EIGHT episodes? Yikes. That goes beyond tying up loose ends. Smells like stale filler also known as desperation.

Comment by april-ann – September 13, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hum that’s pretty much what I thought as well. 8 episodes that’s a lot…

Comment by Azerty – September 14, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah the whole season being one weekend is clearly not working.

Comment by Alan – September 14, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You have not even seen it! Sounds great to me

Comment by Andy – September 15, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since the wedding weekend is the entire season, I could see him being in 8 episodes, not with major screentime, but probably as a guest at the wedding with minor scenes

Comment by Mikael – September 16, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post