Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Carly Pope Joins Tomorrow People

Tomorrow People Carly PopeA Popular girl has found herself amongst The Tomorrow People.

Carly Pope has booked a recurring role on The CW’s new sci-fi series, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on 45 Returning Faves

The actress will play Morgan Burke, one of the super-powered folk who has managed, thanks to an illicit relationship with a very powerful man, to conceal her paranormal abilities from the government organization which hunts down her kind. But when her connection is exposed, Morgan becomes a pawn in a shadow war between the species.

In addition to starring on The WB’s Popular, Pope’s TV credits include Outlaw, 24 and Dirt.

RELATED | The Tomorrow People Casts Spartacus‘ Simon Merrells

The Tomorrow People premieres Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 9/8c.

Comments (10)

• I loved Popular!

Comment by Alex – September 11, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Carly Pope! I still don’t have any desire to watch this Tomorrow People show, but maybe I’ll go get out the Popular DVDs and do a rewatch.

Comment by erin – September 11, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH !!!
    I love her since The Collector

Comment by Roger Canada – September 11, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me soooooooo happy!!! I love Carly Pope. I miss Popular. :(

Comment by Cherrelle (@anyanka123) – September 11, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t Ryan Murphy the same guy that did Popular before he created shows like Glee and American Horror Story?

Comment by Flacco Kapernick – September 11, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yep..Ryan Murphy created Popular. Loved Carly Pope and that show so much. Looking forward to The Tomorrow People!

Comment by Jared – September 11, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam! Ok fine. I’ll give this a shot.

Comment by Steven – September 11, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, I guess I’ll have to watch now. I had the biggest crush on Carly Pope when I was in HS. It sucks that she disappeared into oblivion after Popular and only did small budget films made in Canada.

Comment by Ray – September 11, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Popular gave us Carly, Leslie Bibb, Sara Rue, Chris Gorham, Wentworth Miller, Leslie Grossman; there were all terrific. I can’t believe Popular was 1999, wow.

Comment by Plum – September 12, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post