Glee Season 5 Adds New 'Mean Girl' Cheerio

Glee Mean Girl Erinn WestbrookGimme a B! I! T! C!… Well, you get the idea.

There’s a new Cheerio in town for Glee Season 5, and she’ll be armed with more jeers and sneers than cheers.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Glee and 44 Other Returning Faves

Erinn Westbrook — whose TV credits include the syndicated sitcom Mr. Box Office, Nick at Nite’s See Dad Run and episodes of Switched at Birth and Twisted — has been cast in the recurring role of a mean girl pom-pom-shaker named Bree, our sister site Deadline reports.

VIDEO | First Glee Season 5 Promo Promises, ‘All You Need Is Love’

Glee opens its new season on Thursday, Sept, 26, at 9/8c.

Want more scoop on Glee, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Shazay says:

Can’t watch it without Finn. It should have ended.

• CN says:

Seconded. Glee is finally over for me.

• jane adams says:

WORD. I loved Finn, but there are still so many incredible characters on Glee, stupid to stop watching because 1 of the many talented cast members is no longer here.

Anyone who stops watching for that reason, probably would throw their baby out with the bathwater.

• Mike says:

Yes, just because your favorite is gone, the show should be over. Forget all the other characters that are loved and admired by millions of other people because Finn is the only one that mattered. Sigh. Life goes on and the cast and crew shouldn’t be made jobless just because one actor (who, by the way, wasn’t in a third of season 4) passed away. He wouldn’t have wanted the show to end because of him. His fans should know him well enough to know that.

• Clamke says:

Yeah ur right. Just because our favorite is gone that’s a perfect reason to stop watching. I’m serious too. If ur favorite character is gone it’s perfectly reasonable to stop watching. Loser

• andie says:

Calling someone a loser over a TV show is the most immature thing I’ve ever seen. If your fave is gone then sure, stop watching if you want, but the first poster said that the show should have ended and that’s just inconsiderate, selfish, and silly.

• Este says:

OP was referring to the fact that the other poster said the show should have ended and not that they wanted to stop watching. Learn to read, jackass.

• blah says:

Then stop coming to comment sections. I swear some of you are acting like glee let him go.

• Jamie04 says:

Finn was ONE of the main characters. Life goes on, Glee goes on. Season 5 will be the best yet!

• Mena says:

Finn was the character who made me love Glee and keep watching. Without Finn and Cory’s charismatic input into that role just makes Glee unfulfilling. I adore Rachel but not as much as Finn. Besides, I hated her story season 4. I loved Kurt but he is now a cliché. Santana is my favorite female character who came in season 4 at the end of the season. Glee is now about McKinley still with characters whom I careless about. So Glee is not the show I choose to watch anymore. If Glee went to a NY spin off then I would watch it. But, for me, I have no interest in Marley, Blaine, Jake or Ryder. I like Kitty, Tina and Artie. IMO, the rest can go away. Glee is for young adults and teens. I’m neither of them. I loved Glee in the beginning because of the diversity of genres and eras of music and how they were introduced to a new generation of listeners. Now, Glee has more current music which is on all the music outlets daily. You hear it all day long. I loved hearing other types of music and Glee’s take on them. I loved acapellas and the mash ups of unrelated songs. So much talent. I don’t care for some of the acting now. It is subpar and doesn’t make me feel anything, except that I feel Glee has become deficient and less motivating. At times, Glee still has its moments but as a whole, it is not as good as it once was. Like I’ve said, without Finn, Glee is not for me.

2. andie says:

Actually really looking forward to this season. Can’t wait to see what happens with Rachel and Funny Girl!

3. Ethel says:

Finn was not in the last several shows. I don’t understand why they need another mean girl? Is Kitty becoming nice this season?

• Katy says:

I have heard that yes Kitty is going to be nicer this season so they had to bring in a new cheerio to take her spot really its kinda like Kitty=Quinn 2.0 and now this girl is Santana 2.0

4. nicole says:

even more characters, just what glee needs

• Lauren says:

Amazing, it took someone (….checking time stamp…) almost *20* minutes to make that tired comment.

• ella says:

Preach. In real life you meet new people all the time. Schools get new students and new jobs mean new friends and coworkers.

• nicole says:

yes but glee isn’t real life, its a tv show. we barely know some of the characters they already have, adding more is just making it worse because we’re not getting a chance to care about them because we don’t know them

• Aprilcot says:

I’ll second that. I don’t care about anyone at McKinley other than Tina and Artie. I liked Blaine until they aged him down and tried to make him the new lead of the show. Although you do have to admit that once we finally learn something about a character, RIB will just change it or make them do a 180 because it doesn’t suit the plot points for the week.

• Trent says:

But new people rarely show up at the end of a school year. I mean who transfers in April/May?

5. jar says:

I’m so happy this show continues to shatter stereotypes and tropes left and right. After all, everyone knows that only mean girls are allowed to be cheerleaders and only cheerleaders are allowed to be mean girls. So refreshing.
    I think I just pulled my sarcasm muscle.

6. No more Lima! says:

Great another mean Cherrio, more dead weight to add to the already dead Glee Club! Can they just get rid of the Newbies and Lima already? Maybe send Blaine to study in Europe so Kurt can finally be rid of him and get a real SL that doesn’t involve pathetic Blaine and and teenage marriage? W/O Cory there is no reason to for Lima to exist anymore since all the interesting and really talented characters are in NY!

7. Taylor says:

Why do people think the show should be over just because they don’t like the new characters?!?!?! Newsflash!!!!!! It’s not all about you!!! I happen to like the direction their going in. I’ll never forget the main cast. They will always be important but people have to move on. Glee is changing–except it.

• Katy says:

Because the new cast isn’t taking off as well as hoped even the head of FOX admitted it. You can’t fault viewers for not liking them Ryan should have introduced them organically if the viewers are pissed its mainly due to there favorites being gone, take a good look around all thats left vet wise is Rachel, Kurt, Santana, Tina and Artie. Sam and Blaine can be considered vets but I am talking about characters that have been there since season 1.

• Taylor says:

So lets just cancel the show cause people are bitter. We should just cancel the whole thing. Instead of people just turning their television to something else.

• T25 says:

That’s the problem, people ARE turning the TV to something else, the ratings tanked in S4 as did iTune sales and the common theme of S4 was 80% Lima Newbies and Blaine screen time and songs. Shake it up, get back to focusing on the most talented actors like Lea, Chris and Naya, try something different then the same old Glee Club formula of Sectionals, Regional, Prom etc. Make some real changes and go back to quality instead to the rushed chaotic SL’s we had to endure last season.

• DK says:

Lol, Glee’s ratings have been falling for years, as have their music sales. It has nothing to do with the newbies. Jeez, some people are bitter.

• Team NY Glee says:

Don’t think it should be over. Think they need to lose the crappy Newbies and Lima part of the show and go back to casting REAL triple threat talent, or at least actors that can act and not come off as after school special acting school rejects. Actors that have personality and don’t look like they are reading cue cards. Lima is nothing more then recycled SL’s from S1-3 being done by much less talented actors. The new cast didn’t catch on, even Fox head Kevin Riley has admitted the new cast is a failure and isn’t good enough to carry Glee, so they will end the show after S6, which happens to be the end of Lea, Chris and Naya’s contracts.

• We need good change! says:

I don’t think it’s change fans are upset about. People will accept good change. It’s the crappy casting, the sidelining of exceptional talent like Lea, Chris and Naya in favor of actors incapable of bring life to their characters. All they do in this new version of the Glee Club is jump and run around in circles dressed in fancy costumes singing songs that have little to do with progressing the SL’s. It’s Glee Club of shallow and bland new characters and it’s reflected in the sinking ratings and iTune sales.

• Anne says:

Is it possible for a comment to be more condescending than this? I mean it may not be all about them, but it’s not all about you either so stop telling people how to feel or what to do.

8. Ally says:

I wish she wasn’t mean. Pretty much every cheerleader on this show is mean. Quinn, Santana, Kitty. Becky could go either way.

9. Lena says:

So…Quinn 4.0? (2.0 being Santana and 3.0 being Kitty). Why Glee why? Remember the days when Glee was original?

10. WireDream says:

Another pathetic move from GLEEs overlords. Last season was an unmitigated disaster. This season promises to be the same. Time for euthanasia, Ryan.

11. Maria says:

If you don’t like the direction the show is going in, turn it off. I’m excited to see new characters. It keeps it interesting… we can’t follow everyone to new york. Grow up.

• New York New York says:

S4 was such a train wreck! Of the new cast only Kitty is remotely interesting, the rest are casting disasters. I’m hoping once this years seniors graduate they dump Lima and move the show to NY. There is so much potential for fresh SL’s in NY. The information about NY Glee sounds promising, and Lima is well past it’s expire date. If they really want to make changes they should bite the bullet and dump Lima and all the newbies and focus on Rachel, Kurt and Santana.

• bored says:

Interesting what was interesting about any of the new characters last season? Really just lessor actor rehashing stuff that has been done. Gee another Prom how interesting.

12. Jill says:

No more additions to McKinley High. I get the additions to NYADA and I really wish that is where the show will concentrate on this year. Don’t care about the new students, Sue or Will

• HummelPezBerry says:

I agree and I love Sue, but they have done her SL to death in S1-3. They don’t give Will anything to do anymore but write the weeks assignment on the white board. It really is time to move on from the teen McKinley crap and focus on NY. They should eliminate the new cast entirely and go all in on the NY narrative.

13. analog says:

Glee has been rehashing the same stuff for seasons now.

14. Jon says:

Yet another mean girl cheerleader? Hasn’t that stereotype already been done to death?

15. Behzad says:

What? A black character on a Ryan Murphy show that isn’t a grossly exaggerated negative stereotype? I guess he exhausted that with the Amber Riley and Nene Leakes characters. I’m still expecting Sue Sylvester to make “clever” quips about her ethnicity when addressing her.

16. LACA says:

She’s beautiful…

17. L says:

I’m not keen on another new character, or Santana 2.0, which is unfair to say, but the writers will make it that way, so it is what it is. Glee’s challenges have been too mamy characters and weak imcomplete storylines for everyone, except for Rachel & Kurt’s for the most part.

Add the fact, that a lot of viewers prefer the old cast, which, yes in life everyone moves on, but since Glee’s stories for the most part are messy and frustrating, that only leads to more issues when they expand the cast even further. Fewer characters and solid storylines would do this show a world of good. I have personal preferences with characters as well, but I’d be happy with consistency over more new people to add to the lack of story and time.

18. Maria says:

According to Deadline this girl is a Harvard graduate. Impressive. At least that’s a first for GLEE!

19. Anon says:

YEEAAAAASSSS Ryan Murphy! Thank you for this casting! Between Erinn and Demi, I’m ready for Season 5!

20. suzanne says:

glee you have officially run out of ideas for McK. So much potenial with the NY sutff and you are still bothering with Mck. Just let some randoms fill out the club for competitions and stop having all these people take time from the stories/characters we actually want to see.

21. OldGleeLover says:

I have loved Glee for years, but I don’t think it’s right or interesting for the producers of Glee to be bringing in even MORE characters to McKinley. We got so many last year, from Kitty and Marley (who I don’t see the appeal of, she’s not even a great actor/singer) to Blake and Brody. I think Ryan Murphy and the producers need to focus more on the development of characters from the original season, ( Rachel, Kurt, Quinn, Santana, Tina, and Mercedes) because the high school story has run it’s course and it’s time to move on. They should be thinking more about how the characters in New York and at Colleges and SENIORS at McKinley are going to deal with Finn’s (Cory’s) death. I can see the third episode now, and they are probably going to spend most of the 42 minutes focusing on the younger versions of Glee Club. I mean seriously, I was never a big fan of Quinn in the first two seasons, but she really grew on me in the third. I want to see more of her and all of the vets, because in all honesty, these new characters are bland, and the storylines are being reused left and right; love triangle, discrimination? Glee has won so many awards for being original and amazing, but all it is now is…. distasteful and boring.

• Ready For Season 5 says:

I tend to disagree. I think the new characters keep the show interesting. And have you ever thought about the possibility that the “vets” wanted to move on from the show? Dianna Agron is working on a budding movie career so, sorry, she doesn’t have time for a 4th or 5th season of GLEE. Things change and viewers like you need to accept that. If you don’t like the direction the show is going in, don’t watch. You have to bring in new characters and the storylines Ryan murphy and co. use may be similar but the people who play the roles are different. Santana was different from Quinn who is different from Kitty who is most likely going to be different from Bree. They have different personalities and acting styles so I think that it has been great to watch. I get way too annoyed with people complaining about bringing in new characters. It’s Season 5 we have to move on. We cannot follow ALLLLLL of the vets to wherever their characters have gone. That is so unrealistic. Plus, that would get confusing and in my opinion “distasteful.” The show is about a high school Glee club, not young adults who graduated from Glee club. Be happy you still have Rachel, Santana and Kurt and move on. Things change. Accept that! I am excited for Demi, Adam and Erinn to join this cast and I am looking forward to whoever else they bring on board. The more the merrier!

• Taylor says:

I applaud you for this comment I love the new cast as well. The fact that people are complaining and they don’t even watch the show anymore is so annoying. But in the end it doesn’t matter we have 2 more seasons!!!!!!! :)

22. Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve visited this blog before
    but after looking at a few of the articles I realized it’s new
    to me. Anyways, I’m certainly pleased I stumbled upon it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back often!