Exclusive

Exclusive: 24 Sets Jack-Audrey Reunion as Kim Raver Nears Deal to Live Another Day

Kim Raver 24 Live Another DayA new day is about to dawn in the love story of Jack Bauer and Audrey Raines.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Kim Raver is nearing a deal to reprise her role as Kiefer Sutherland’s former onscreen love in Fox’s 12-episode event series 24: Live Another Day.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

Raver joined 24 in Season 4 and remained through Season 6. When last seen, in the S6 finale, Audrey was in something of a vegetative state after being tortured and injected with mind-altering drugs by her Chinese captors — a development that led her father James Heller (William Devane) to forbid Jack from ever seeing his daughter again.

Exec producer Howard Gordon later confirmed that, “Audrey is so not dead. She’s not even in a coma. In my opinion, she is at the very worst in a psychiatric facility, but she may also be married to a contractor in Virginia who has a child.”

Raver would be the third 24 vet to join the revival, following Sutherland and Mary Lynn Rajskub.

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

24: LAD, slated to launch in the spring, will essentially be 24 “compressed over 12 weeks,” Fox president Kevin Reilly previously explained. “It will go chronologically over the day, but it will skip hours.”

Thoughts? Were you of the opinion that Audrey was Jack’s one true love? Or does that honor belong to Renee? Or Teri? Or whatsherface? Vote in the poll below, and then support your selection in the comments!

1. For eight seasons, Jack Bauer has had his fair share of troubled women. From Teri Bauer all the way through with Renee Walker. I can’t wait to see Audrey Raines’ epic return to 24 and I hope this reunion doesn’t bode well for James Heller aka William Devane. BTW, we still need Tony Almeida back for real.

• Seconding Tony. The true love of Jack’s life. If you don’t count the greater good, which Tony’s cool with by this point. He can share. :)

• Tony Almeida had cheated death many times. From getting shot in the neck to almost getting stabbed by Peter Weller in Season Five and I still don’t know why Howard Gordon and his writing staff wanted him alive instead of killing him off. If Tony comes back for the 12 episode mini-series event, there’s a very good chance he will finally bit the dust or not. Gordon and his writers better restart the clock.

• David says:

Best news of the week!

2. kate says:

I liked Audrey for awhile until she got all whiny. I hope they undo that if this is going to happen. I liked Renee much better, WHY DID THEY KILL HER!? lol. so excited for 24 returning though. Jack Bauer is by far one of my favorite TV characters ever.

3. RichieOnTV says:

Audrey is definitely the great love of Jack’s life but I will NEVER forgive 24 for killing off Renee. It still hurts.

4. Babygate says:

This is awesome news. I love Kim and have been hoping she would get a show. And I do think that Audrey and Jack made the best couple. I didn’t like him with Renee. I always felt there was something off about that relationship. Anywho, I know Fall season hasn’t started yet, but I’m excited about the Spring and having Jack Bauer on my tv screen again. And Chloe too!

• Ken says:

Babygate,I agree with you completely,the moment that I read about the resurrection of “24″ the first thing that came to mind was the return of Audrey. They made the best couple with the best chemistry. I did not like Renee for his love interest, there was nothing there,no chemistry at all. Audrey was Jack’s true love.Picture wise they even looked the best together.

• Krystle says:

Amen to this! love your post!

5. didi says:

UGH I always hated Audrey. Blech.

6. Debbie says:

can’t stand audrey – or the Kim Raver – almost made Revolution unwatchable for me. not sure if I’ll be able to stand to watch this now……………..agree that Renee was much, MUCH better.

• Linda says:

Debbie, I’m in agreement with you on this! I don’t like Kim Raver as an actress and she spells death for most shows that she’s in…..Grey’s Anatomy aside. I hope she’s not in the upcoming season of Revolution, and hopefully she doesn’t sign any deal to be in 24. Leave the character of Audrey out of this…….Jack needs someone new!

7. Sara says:

Ugh. Why?! She never really understood who Jack was as a person and why he had to do the things he had to do. I really don’t think there needs to be another chapter in their ridiculous saga.

• Jordan says:

Did you miss season 5? She COMPLETELY understands jack and what he has to do. Even after torturing her – she knows that it is part of his job and understands the tough decisions he has to make. Then, when he is captured, SHE goes after the Chinese to try and find him.

I thought she was whiny in season one, but by the end I had huge respect for Audrey

8. Gina says:

OMG YES. I love Kim Raver as Audrey. Seeing her growth from season 4 to 5 was so fun. I wished they’d used her more in season 6! I’ve always hoped they would bring her back, but thought it was wishful thinking. I HOPE THIS PANS OUT!

• She didn’t grow in Seasons 4-5. She regressed. After realizing that she didn’t know who Jack was, she then found out, and decided that he was awesome after he destroyed her life. As a character, she lost all sense of power from Day 5 on.

9. Sean M says:

Audrey was a terrible, whiny character and her storyline was wrapped up at the end of season 6. I don’t know why they’re bringing her back, nobody asked for this. Renee Walker had much better chemistry with Jack and Annie Wersching is a far better actress.

10. Lisa says:

I love Audrey more with Jack but like Renee much better as a character

11. Brandon Rowe says:

I despise Audrey!!!!!! She is the absolute worst character on 24. They would better have paired him with Katee Sackhoff’s character for God’s sake!!!!!!! I’m pissed about this. I want Renee back!!!!

12. Guess we’re wondering why the NCIS: LA spin-off failed to pick up as a series for CBS because Raver was in it. :-(

13. Pat D. says:

Guess there’s little hope for us Chlack fans. =)

BTW, to those who lament Renee’s death—that was the genius of the (previous) final season. To kill off any other character, except maybe Chloe, would not have had anywheres near the impact that Renee’s demise bought about. Especially right after—well, you know.

The one thing that I’m gonna miss is Greg Itzin. Man, is that guy good at playing a detestable character.

14. I hope it’s a hit and it leads to a proper revival. 24 episodes a season.

• cb says:

I don’t think they are doing the shorter season because they are worried about it not being popular. They wouldn’t be attempting it if they didn’t know it was what fans want. I’m guessing they are doing the shorter season as A. they are running out of terrorist plots and other storylines B. They are bored of writing full seasons this way makes it more tricky as they have to work out what to cut

15. Arista says:

They had me interested in watching when I heard Mary Lynn Rajskub would be returning, but I see they found the fastest way to turn me off from the project entirely by bringing back Audrey – the ultimate Mary Sue. Blah.

16. Molly says:

SCREAMING. This is all I have wanted since they announced the new series!

17. Jj says:

Meh. I am only watching if Tony comes back, and is a good guy. No Tony, no dice……

• Ken says:

I am so glad that Tony is not coming back,I could not stand him,because all he did was burn with jealously towards Jack in every way,and because of that jealously he was a back stabber. He was not a real friend to Jack.

• Um… you might be missing a few seasons there, man. If anything, Jack burns with jealousy over Tony. Jack might be the better agent. Tony’s the better man. And they’re best friends.

• At least Season Seven was all about Jack vs. Tony. He turned into a bad guy after he almost got stabbed in Season Five, he then had a choice to go “undercover” and all of a sudden Tony returned to the dark side when he brutally murdered Larry Moss aka Jeffrey Nordling. Fans need Tony Almeida back and let’s hope he can do the same thing Jack Bauer was after all those “days”.

• Ken says:

Have we been watching the same show?in what universe is Almeida a better man than Jack, who had nothing to be jealous of where Almeida is concern. However even though he was going with Jack’s hand-me down (Nina) he was jealous of the fact that Nina still had feelings for Jack (Which she did) that’s how much of a MAN he was.Jack would never betrayed his country for anyone,like what Almeida did because of his wife,even his wife was stronger than him and was willing to make any sacrifice for her country, in the same manner Jack would. Almeida was not half the man Jack was.Jack as always consider him a friend (why i don’t know) but he was never Jack true friend,that was why he was always reporting Jack because he wanted to run CTU and not have Jack running it.To me he was a pathetic character.

• Tony is my favorite, too. :)

18. Sally says:

I always loved Jack/Audrey as a couple and I think she came into her own in season 5. I really hated what happened to her story in the later seasons. I do think Renee was great for Jack though and it still hurts that she got killed off but i’m happy to see Audrey and Jack get another chance!

19. Brcm says:

Who is Kate?

20. Krystle says:

I’m thrilled at this news! Jack and Audrey has such a tragic and beautiful relationship. I love these two to pieces. I want my happy ending I was denied years ago with these two!

• Can I ask… how are they good for one another? Audrey’s father is right– Jack destroys everything he touches. Audrey’s arc as a character is that she doesn’t understand Jack, she loses her husband in the process of understanding him. Then, she has no one left so she decides to try again with him, throwing away her career in the process (because they plan to run off together)… so, that’s really strong and feminist there. *eyerolls* And Jack’s okay with her tossing away her life for him because his daughter’s just tossed him out of her life at the time and Tony just died so he’s like… got some weekends free and stuff. Then, she runs to China after him, gets tortured for six months, comes back a vegetable, and somehow, under a decade later, thinks that the safest person she can be live the rest of her spared life with is the guy who has destroyed it.

Audrey, you might have just surpassed Renee for truly unhinged. Jack’s love interests lately are making Nina Myers look stable.

• Mare says:

I think Audrey didn’t “understand” Jack because their job at the DOD didn’t call for him to be his usual Bauer self. She gets to know that side of him in season 4, and although it’s a lot for her to handle at first, she’s back in season 5 helping him do all those Bauer things he does. She accepts it all. And at what point in season 5 did she say she was leaving her career and running off with Jack?

21. alistaircrane says:

Yuck. I hated Audrey.

22. Maria says:

Yay!! Best news ever. I will definitely tune in now that I’ve heard this!!

23. Mare says:

OH DEAR. I’m equal parts excited and terrified!!!!! Audrey was my favorite, and in my opinion the best, love interest Jack had, but I’m so worried! I just wanted the two of them to have some kind of happy ending, which is not 24like, I know. It was somewhat comforting that at the end of s6 we knew Audrey was at least alive and had hope she would recover and be totally fine. Now I’m afraid what they’ll do is the usual let’s-bring-a-character-back-just-to-kill-her-and-make-the-audience-FEELS. They won’t kill Jack or Chloe just yet in case they wanna do more 24 things. Fortunately and unfortunately, Audrey is one of the only other surviving characters. I don’t want her sacrificed! Hoping she’ll at least have scenes with Jack and remember who he is and what they had. I would hate if she recovered from her China state and didn’t remember her life.

24. Krethgar says:

Ugh, I was just about to go to sleep before I read this, now I cannot because of how annoyed I am with the return of Audrey.
    They cheaply wasted a way superior character in Renee only to bring back this boring damsel in distress. Ugh. It just adds further insult to injury.

• meah says:

Ughhh!why??? Audrey is my least favourite,I never liked her.if they need jack to have a girlfriend please bring kate warner from s2 or 3(can’t remember),and I hope the writers Regret killing Renee.she and jack together were awesome.
      I actually don’t mind if Tony comes back.it will be cool

25. Mike R. says:

*crosses fingers* hoping Kim Bauer will at least make an appearance.

26. jesse says:

Delighted with this news, loved her in season 4 & 5, did not like what they did to her in season 6, they shouild bring back her dad too

27. LocalBoy says:

Ugh, hated Audrey! Such a drag on the show all the time she was onscreen!

BRING BACK TONY ALMEIDA!

28. D says:

Why must Jack be saddled with a major love interest? Hasn’t he learned his lesson by now? I’d much rather see him save the world- again without Audrey slowing him down. Let Jack have a lover like he did when he was working the oil fields, but the only woman he should be dealing with in a crisis is the one in his ear-Chloe.

29. Pat says:

Audrey? I think I’d rather see the cougar come back. Give Me Aaron, Mike Novick and Tony.

30. JohnT says:

Never ever liked her. Such a Debbie Downer and the fact that she is played by Kim Raver does not help. Out of all the women Jack was with my favorite was Kate Warner, but nobody seems to remember her. The only female I want back. besides Chloe, is Michelle, I know she blew up and all that but come on, it’s 24, implausible occurrences happen on a daily basis here so why not glue her back together, huh 24?

31. thuong hieu says:

Hi colleagues, good post and good urging commented at this place, I am in fact
    enjoying by these.

32. Deion says:

I didn’t much care for the way Renee changed from season 7 to season 8, but I would choose her over Audrey. Jack needs a woman who knows that sometimes, torturing a soccer mom is the best way to get the info you need.

33. chuckmourner says:

If it isn’t Renee. Get someone new. Yvonne strahovski would be awesome.

34. Mila says:

UGH! WHY??

Her character was so damn annoying. Not to mention, Kim and Kiefer had no chemistry together.

35. RichieS says:

Any chance of Cherry Jones returning? If not as President maybe as an ambassador to whatever country’s terrorists Jack will stomp.

• No official word yet but it’s unlikely she may not be returning anytime soon. BTW, David Fury has tweeted that there will be a new President in 24: Live Another Day and it looks like the new Prez is a returning character and that person is played by William Devane (gasps).

36. Brian says:

This is terribly upsetting. Never could stand Audrey. Not. One. Bit. I’d rather they bring Renee back from the dead.

37. Brian says:

And just say no to Kim Bauer, please!

38. Joan says:

Worst decision they could’ve made. Any chance of this decision being reversed? Any at all?

39. Queen3210 says:

… I don’t really remember liking Audrey either: she went from a feasibly strong character to one who was pretty much tagging along for the ride and getting in the way at times. It was admirable how she went to China to find Jack but look at how that left her? I seriously doubt anything will be rekindled in that relationship, and if something is all I see is heartache for Jack as he will always remember how she ended up in such a state. Looking at it this way, that’s what I foresee happening sadly, despite the fact that I have no interest in watching them make googily eyes at each other.

Would hate to see daughter Kim in this series and not just because I disliked her too but because of the pain she went through when she though the was dead the first time. Not to mention that we would be forced to see her douche-canoe of a boyfriend/psychiatrist, who was just awful if not unethical (seriously, how does he still have a job after sleeping with his patient?!). The major players I would love to see come back (aside from Jack and Chloe of course since they have already been confirmed) are Mike Novac and, potentially, Nina Harper. I know she’s dead, but c’mon wouldn’t that be a major plot-twist? that even though he shot her dead she still came back to mess with his head?

I agree with everyone who says that Jack shouldn’t need to be saddled down with a love interest, which is refreshing to say here as I’ve said it in most other shows with a female lead and a strong male character acting as partner/confident/etc. Why do they have to have a romantic interest? Does making them not interested in dating or having sex make them feel less human? Is that what makes entertainment interesting? If it is, then we have devolved along the way if that’s the hitch that makes or breaks a television series.

Rather than writing this out as a novel, I’ll sum up my thoughts with another point made by everyone else so far. If Tony does come back, I want it to be for a good reason, not the stupid ‘I’m going to flip flop from good-guy to bad-guy because the writer’s think it’ll be a good plot twist.’

Also, I really miss Curtis, but I know he won’t be back since… well, you know.

Off to re-watch the entire series before 24 airs again! :)

40. philipsokey festus says:

Kate was another person who felt something deep for jack..but,it didn’t work because jack felt it will be another wasted time when he knew he will not always be there for kate… kate loved him and was somehow understanding and ready to adapt to his way of life. A good story line..i have never seen any other movie that could take it’s place as my number one…

• Callie~the~red says:

I’m sorry to be so dense, but is Kate the lady Jack stayed with (with the teen-age son) when he (Jack) disappeared? If not, I’m drawing a blank on who Kate is?! Thanks, Callie

41. jack and renee were perfect

42. Computers have become such a requirement, such a precious reference and acknowledged solution to work, play and connect, that they are not planning
    away. The store is setup into various ‘departments’ allowing
    one to selected between out of the container systems, or elements to help custom builds.
    You can get the offers of various firms just by clicking on links.

43. Callie~the~red says:

I am Jack Bauer’s “One True Love.” Jack just doesn’t know it yet… Nor does my husband ;-) (Unlike many of those popular T-shirts, I DO know Jack! :-)

I haven’t yet had a chance to read every post, but I, too, never felt any chemistry between Jack and Audrey. Why would he be attracted to her (seriously)? Remember when he said how much he admired Terri because she could go into a line or crowd and soon get everyone talking? That doesn’t sound like Audrey to me… (psst- I, however can and do do that, Jack! ;-)

How about the great friendship between Jack and Chloe finally progressing into more, into love? (We can deal with Chloe’s “obligations.”) (We are and have been snowed in- for too long!)

I, too, am SO glad this project is being done! That having been said, I would like to request and vote for MORE 24, please! (It’s great to see glimpses of some of the ol’ gang on Homeland, etc., but that’s still not enough… Sorry to be greedy, but please?! Thanks for your consideration! Happy 2014 or 24 + 01 Callie

44. JJs says:

I am in agreement with Audrey being Jack’s most endearing love interest. They went to the ends of the earth and endured unspeakable torture to rescue each other! I thought the way they looked at each other spoke volumes. Teri was just plain annoying- always asking stupid questions. And if she would have stayed in the conference room as she was supposed to ( instead of roaming around a federal high security installation -implausible to me-) she wouldn’t have gotten herself killed. Kate was whiny and also asked too many questions…ugh. I was glad that relationship fizzled between seasons, and that jack got his leather jacket back, to boot. Renee ? A psycho. And who was the mom of the stringy haired kid who was captive at the airport? Can’t recall her name, but come on , jack. Really?

• Ken says:

I’m in total agreement with you,I cannot fathom anyone thinking Jack should be with anyone else
      but Audrey.They have been through so much together,plus the chemistry between them is great,
      better than any of the other female Jacks been with and they look great together. As for Renee, if
      she had kept her butt in the conference room and not go wondering around into secured places
      she had no right to be,she would not have gotten herself killed.

45. Riley says:

I like Kim Raver and the character Audrey, but it’s time for Jack and Chloe. Could it be that they have altered the personality of Chloe so that she is more suited for Jack? C’mon, everyone knows Chloe loves Jack and always has, but she was too odd for anyone to take a romantic relationship between her and Jack seriously. Now things have changed. She’s a different person. Judging by the way the writers are setting them up to be at odds at the start, and the fact that Sutherland said their relationship will evolve over the course of the show, I think there’s a chance for them. And why not? Chloe can handle Jack. She knows him in a way no one else does. Yes, bad things have happened to the women in Jack’s life, but I don’t think Chloe will end up like them. She’s his guardian angel and if anyone can save him, it’s her.