Exclusive

TVLine Items: Bones Wedding's Special Guest, Dixie Doc Gets a Cousin, Covert Casting & More

Bones Wedding David HornsbyBooth and Brennan may be getting married by someone very close to one of them.

Emily Deschanel’s real-life husband David Hornsby (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) will guest-star in the upcoming Bones wedding episode as a priest, E! Online reports.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Bones, Hart of Dixie and 43 Other Returning Faves

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Zoe Hart’s cousin is Bluebell-bound. TVLine has learned exclusively that Paranormal Activity alumna Lauren Bittner will recur in Hart of Dixie in Season 3, playing Vivian, a relative of Zoe’s doctor dad Harley Wilkes.

A former Bunhead has danced her way into Showtime’s The Affair. Julia Goldani Telles, who portrayed ballerina Sasha on the acclaimed ABC Family series, has joined the cabler’s drama pilot, TVGuide.com reports. The prospective series explores two marriages and an affair that disrupts them – with all of the complex consequences that result. Telles joins as the oldest daughter of Maura Tierney (ER) and Dominic West’s (The Wire) married characters. Joshua Jackson (Fringe) and Ruth Wilson (Luther) also co-star.

FX is developing a present day-set take on the 2000 film American Psycho, which starred Christian Bale. Per Deadline, the project would follow serial killer Patrick Bateman, now in his mid-50s but as outrageous and lethal as ever, as he takes on a protégé.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

Covert Affairs has enlisted CSI: Miami vet Jonathan Togo to play one of Henry Wilcox’s associates in the second half of Season 4, per The Hollywood Reporter.

People of Westeros, prepare for some ethereal jams. Icelandic indie band Sigur Rós will appear on Season 4 of Game of Thrones, EW.com reports.

Starz’s adaptation of Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander book series has cast Duncan Lacroix (Game of Thrones) as Murtagh Fitzgibbons Fraser, the godfather of the romantic young Scottish warrior Jamie (played by Sam Heughan).

One-time Top Chef Masters contestant Marcus Samuelsson has joined ABC‘s cooking competition series The Taste as a mentor for Season 2.

Dying to see  Doctor Who‘s Matt Smith and David Tennant together? Check out this newly released poster for the British sci-fi series’ 50th anniversary special, airing Nov. 23 both stateside and in the UK.

Doctor Who Poster Matt Smith David Tennant

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. lynnette says:

Kind of a scary photo.

2. ggny says:

lol the taste is coming back for a 2nd season? im shocked

3. July Lark says:

Really, Hornsby is in the wrong role on Bones, nice they’re all such great friends but just ugh. Why didnt they recast him as Russ, Brennan’s brother? the coloring matches but not this, sorry dont like it.

• Delirious says:

What I am surprised about is this: “We’re no Jeffersonian geniuses, but we think we’ve figured out the mystery of who’s officiating the ceremony.”

I thought it would be Mather Zickel’s character, the pub-running ex-priest friend of Booth’s…

4. grayton says:

Can we get some Graceland scoop, please?

5. Wasn’t David Hornsby the guy who was in the always horrible sitcom How To Be a Gentleman on CBS?

• Mary says:

Hornsby’s brand of comedy (How to be a Gentleman anyone?) doesn’t seem like a good fit for Bones, especially when it’s supposed to be a such a pivotal episode in the romance of the characters. And a comedy priest just has me thinking of the Princess Bride to be honest, so I really hope he doesn’t end up being the one who marries them.

• Zach says:

I actually thought that was a good show. It was better than Partners, the show that replaced it, but then again everything was better than Partners.

6. Cherry says:

So, American Psycho wants to fill the void of Dexter? AS is a great stand alone movie, a series would tarnish it’s reputation.

7. John says:

The priest’s “coloring” has to match? Wow that’s some serious wedding over-planning going on there. (IMHO, of course).

8. Lynn says:

I love that David’s guest starring as the priest who marries Booth and Brennan. Reminds me of the time Jenna Fischer’s husband guest starred on The Office as a lactation consultant in the episode where Pam gives birth. It was hilarious.

9. Kwapple says:

I like that David is in the episode, but right now I don’t think he’s the priest performing the ceremony…too traditional and every time Hart brings up the wedding he talks about how non-traditional it is. Personally I think Caroline marries them

• madbengalsfan85 says:

We know they’re filming at a church, with a warning about fire and driving. The priest may be part of the murder side rather than the wedding. Based on a Ryan O’Neil tweet, the wedding may even be in B&B’s backyard (which would be perfect IMO).

10. Elle says:

An actor who can do comedy AND drama … that really is new to television, eh? Hornsby does seem to lean towards comedy, but he has appeared in dramatic roles before. I doubt he’ll be playing the priest uniting the couple, but if he is I’d find some humor in that. Oh the dramatics of being a fangirl … I’m sure lives will be ruined by the news.

11. Roni says:

Great news about Julia Goldani Telles joining The Affair, which I was already excited about (Maura!). I really liked her on Bunheads.

12. Eric says:

That Doctor Who poster. Just seeing David as Ten again makes my heart skip a bit. He will forever be my Doctor. Definitely looking forward to the anniversary.

• niyati says:

finally someone is talking about the doctor who poster. i am definitely looking forward to seeing david tennent he will always be the DOCTOR for me. cant wait for this episode.

and getting emily’s real life husband to officiate the wedding ceremony of booth and brennan is downright weird, and doesn’t go down well with me. hope that does not happen

• El says:

Yes! A tale of two Davids. David Tennant will always be my Doctor too. But David Hornsby officiating at his real wife’s tv wedding…that sounds more awkward than fun to be honest.

13. Zach says:

Looks like Cricket finally became a priest…

14. Jared says:

Can’t wait for Hart of Dixie to return!

15. Jody says:

I don’t care what Hart of Dixie does unless they get George and Zoe together! If these two don’t get a shot at a real relationship I hope the show is cancelled!

16. Anise says:

Marcus Samuelsson! Who is he replacing on The Taste?

17. Newo says:

BAD WOLF !

18. Robin says:

Finally, someone is taking on Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series! I have long thought that it should be done as a miniseries or series of films! Hope that they do it justice….

• I’ve been following Outlander news and it sounds like it’s shaping up great. The STARZ PTB, show writers, and Ron Moore (who is producing) are all long-time Outlander fans. They’ve been very vocal in the media about making the show for the fans who love the books first and foremost, and then hoping that anyone that isn’t familiar with the books will catch up.

Diana has said several times that she’s seen the audition tapes and agrees with the casting choices. If Diana feels Caitriona and Sam *ARE* Claire and Jamie, I’m sure not going to be the one to argue with her.

19. Playing the priest officiating at the B and B wedding is David Boreanaz Real life Dad I am sure ,not Emily s husband .